Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Yeah, Indiana's season probably just went down in flames (more so)

Northwestern getting a double bye in the Big Ten Tournament will be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

The (presumed) loss of OG can be ameliorated somewhat by Juwan Morgan returning at 100%. But we don't know when that will be; he didn't even dress for this game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Watching Missouri basketball games has made me realize that announcers are completely incapable of not praising coaches.

Directly after Bama misses a dunk, gets an offensive rebound and Mizzou completely left the guy who missed the dunk alone so he could properly dunk it this time they for some reason thought it would be a good time to praise Kim Anderson. 'You really can't say enough about how this team keeps fighting,' and rattled off like a minute worth of poo poo Kim Anderson did in D2. Again, while they're losing by double digits to an ok but not super impressive Alabama team and on the way to a 5 win season unless they get super lucky in some game.

Talking about how young they are is big too, without mentioning that for some reason Kim Anderson has had an entire goddamned roster transfer away over his 3 years there.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

It was an incredibly ugly game to watch and poorly officiated on top of it, but the Cocks got the win over the Gators. A trip to Kentucky is next, so I was just hoping we could take care of business at home and come up with a split out of this week. So far, so good -- this a great win for our season and program.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
OU just missed a free throw to beat WVU, headed to OT on ESPN2 if anyone's hanging around.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
OU misses a free throw that would have knocked off West Virginia in Morgantown. Going to overtime. West Virginia lead by 15 at one point. Been a really good game.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Penn State went on a 17-4 run to tie up Indiana with 4 seconds left.... and then IU hits a buzzer beating 3 for the win.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

JAMES FUCKIN BLACKMON (Jr.)

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Boomer Sooner!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
WVU going down probably pretty much assures KU wins the big 12 again. I guess unless you believe in Baylor (why would you believe in Baylor?) at least.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
How the hell is Wake blitzing Miami? The ACC is loving odd this year.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

elentar posted:

How the hell is Wake blitzing Miami? The ACC is loving odd this year.

Danny Manning owns.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Nebraska is choking away this game against OSU :mad:

e: aaaand we lost. No loving way we should have lost that game.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 19, 2017

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Washington does not deserve Markelle Fultz

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Pete Jok's back is going out on him and Jordan Bohannon can't stay in front of anyone, so if you have multiple guards who can get to basket please enjoy all the points we're gonna give you.

With Jok hurt we're probably the worst team in the conference. That stretch of being kinda feisty was fun though! And I'm still pretty excited about the freshman class going forward

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MourningView posted:

Pete Jok's back is going out on him and Jordan Bohannon can't stay in front of anyone, so if you have multiple guards who can get to basket please enjoy all the points we're gonna give you.

With Jok hurt we're probably the worst team in the conference. That stretch of being kinda feisty was fun though! And I'm still pretty excited about the freshman class going forward

I'm glad I could inspire them

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

MourningView posted:

Yeah thanks because despite shooting like 60% due to getting layups at will we still almost threw that game since any time Maryland gets up by more than 10 points we start attempting circus passes and turn the ball over roughly 1 million times.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Grittybeard posted:

WVU going down probably pretty much assures KU wins the big 12 again. I guess unless you believe in Baylor (why would you believe in Baylor?) at least.

I mean it's possible we can win the title even with a home loss, but its incredibly unlikely and was already incredibly unlikely to begin with

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Firebatgyro posted:

we start attempting circus passes and turn the ball over roughly 1 million times.

Welcome to Indiana basketball under Tom Crean!

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hello Towel posted:

Welcome to Indiana basketball under Tom Crean!

lol like indiana attempts passes

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Second time I've watched Florida and they've looked bad both times how are they ranked

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
So Gonzaga is #1 in Kenpim, that's a thing.

Metapod posted:

Second time I've watched Florida and they've looked bad both times how are they ranked

Default? Seriously, there just aren't a ton of great teams this year. Someone has to be ranked and it'll probably be teams racking up wins in rear end conferences.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

straight up brolic posted:

Washington does not deserve Markelle Fultz

For the good of the sport the NCAA should grant him asylum and allow him to transfer midseason to a good team

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Not that anyone knows who he is, but Julian Moore is dirty as gently caress

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

MourningView posted:

For the good of the sport the NCAA should grant him asylum and allow him to transfer midseason to a good team

If Ben Simmons wasn't allowed to, then no one can. :colbert:

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Georgia gon gently caress around and lose this game in 4 possessions

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

If Ben Simmons wasn't allowed to, then no one can. :colbert:

Fultz is better but Simmons should have also been allowed to!

Also thanks to Nebrasketball for biting that "losing to Rutgers" bullet

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the big ten is so ridiculously weird this year

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

MourningView posted:

Fultz is better but Simmons should have also been allowed to!

Also thanks to Nebrasketball for biting that "losing to Rutgers" bullet

The water's fine, you totally should try it.

They're just a generic bad team, not an insanely horrible team, but stuck in a murderer's row conference. Unlike football, where they were a horrible team stuck in a bad conference.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Big ten basketball is trash this year and they still suck ungodly amounts of rear end

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Good lord. DePaul can't miss from 3.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Why is like every ISU game ungodly close.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Why hello mister Burton.

:wow:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

ISU didn't have much of a chance there to win it, but what they did was ugly.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Why is like every ISU game ungodly close.

To be fair it looks like OU is figuring some stuff out these last few games.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Naz with the huge 3.

Ok Clones, last possession, make it count.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Damnit! We never get good looks on last possessions.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How do teams not realize they have to foul so often?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Make free throws!

edit: Finally made them at the end. Big win.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Why the hell was Oklahoma wasting time with a bunch of passes there?

• Locked thread