Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

lets hang out posted:

press the buttons you used to call it out again

Oh, I thought that just dismissed the spirit... Hmm, I'll try it again.

Is there a way to unlock the second tiers of elemental talismans?

The slower down leveling and changes to onmyo magic are really killing me. Im at the third shrine and im only level 9. I don't do any damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Here's my first and only attempt on normal ogress. I'll be randomly queuing to help people throughout the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKmNVGAClB4

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Alright, made it to the Ogress only dying once to a soldier that caught me off guard and a tengu (who I basically handled perfectly in the rematch) but the Ogress if loving me up. I've managed to get her down to her second phase but I don't seem to do enough damage to get through it before I get wrecked, and if I'm not careful she can two shot me.

Gonna take a break and try again this afternoon.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Spuckuk posted:

How in the unholy gently caress did you beat Muneshige? He's giving me more grief than Nameless King in DS3

First thing you want to do is learn to dodge his quickdraw attack, that was the cause of like 90% of my deaths against him and it will gently caress you up. Don't even bother trying to kill him the first couple times, just stay far away, let him sheathe his sword and run toward you, then dodge until you're confident you can dodge it every time, punish it with one or 2 quick strikes, run away, then try again.

If he summons the thunder doge immediately run to the rock on the left side of the stage and hide behind it. You can also use this rock if you ever need a breather or a moment to heal, his AI has a hard time navigating around it.

You'll notice he has 3 different stances, same as you. In mid he'll mostly use quickdraw and quadrisect (the move where he flails around with the sword a bunch). Quadrisect is a great move for him to use because you can easily see it coming as he'll glow a bit before using it, it's easy to just run the hell away from and punish, and it drains a lot of his stamina, which is great because most of your damage in the fight comes from stamina breaking him then grappling him. Get behind him if you can too, attacks from behind deal a ton of damage and it'll make things go quicker.

High stance he'll mostly use one large jumping strike. They're easy to see coming but I dont bother attacking too much in this stance, since he randomly becomes immune to hitstun in this stance and every once in a while he'll follow up with a 2nd jump afterwards just to gently caress with you.

Low stance he doesn't use very often, I just keep my distance since he's pretty fast in this stance and can usually outpoke whatever move you're using. Only good thing about this stance is the damage isn't very high and it's the only stance you can reliably block without getting your stamina hosed.

He's a really hard son of a bitch to fight but it's worth it because his weapon and armor rules, you even get a set bonus for wearing the whole thing that makes the sword even more powerful. If you're using dual katanas you can also quickdraw him to death in 20 seconds like this

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fat_Cow posted:

Anyone here unable to access "Mark of the Conquerer" after beating the Ogre? It let me download Mark of the Strong just fine.

It's timing out for me and my friend too. Probably hosed for everyone :negative:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Either this game is tougher than dark souls or all my skills deteriorated. I think my biggest problem is remembering to do the Ki Pulse to recover stamina since I forget until I run out of stamina (which is super deadly since you can't move and are susceptible to a crit)

I'm loving how strong the ranged weapons are. I guess it's balanced out because there's no way you can use them in close combat.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 21, 2017

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

DrManiac posted:

Either this game is tougher than dark souls or all my skills deteriorated. I think my biggest problem is remembering to do the Ki Pulse to recover stamina since I forget until I run out of stamina (which is super deadly since you can't move and are susceptible to a crit)

I'm loving how strong the ranged weapons are. I guess it's balanced out because there's no way you can use them in close combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_3YLYjeLcQ

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
What's the deal with equip weight? What range do you want to try to under? How many tiers are there, and how does it affect you?

What does finding those little dudes do? They seem to appear at the shrine.

What does familiarity with a weapon do? It seems to restart with every new weapon you find, even ones in the same weapon class?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
^^Familiarity is both how you progress along the xp track for a weapon family (this is how you get free samurai points - you can check your progress in the character screen) and also makes you better at that particular weapon. Basically, use weapon until bar is full, then the weapon is at it's best - but you also stop getting samurai points from it. Technically you can also spend familiarity on a magic attack spell but....magic is kinda poo poo.

The weight at the top of the inventory screen has different colours depending on which tier you are in and the character screen also gives you a letter grade. Blue is the lowest I believe and forget about trying to play at orange.

Sakurazuka posted:

Same, I just wanna beat it using R1 spam like I did in all the Souls games

Kusarigama low stance. Dodge behind enemies and R1 spam like it's Souls.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 21, 2017

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's timing out for me and my friend too. Probably hosed for everyone :negative:

From what I'm hearing, it'll unlock for you in the main game cause of your save file for this test.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Megasabin posted:

What's the deal with equip weight? What range do you want to try to under? How many tiers are there, and how does it affect you?

What does finding those little dudes do? They seem to appear at the shrine.

What does familiarity with a weapon do? It seems to restart with every new weapon you find, even ones in the same weapon class?

If you look at your status you can see your Agility which as a rating. This shows you the tiers. Lower tiers make you dodge less far and use up more stamina doing so.

Little guys allow you to get passive buffs at shrines and increase your starting elixer amount.

Familiarity gives you weapon damage and you can spend it on forging and other things.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The Ogress is giving me no end of frustration.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Oxxidation posted:

The Ogress is giving me no end of frustration.

Stick right on her and strafe left or right and 90% her attacks will miss you. Dodge only when she does her leaping attack or if you aren't right next to her. When her ki breaks pop your ultimate and keep sailing. Even the long combo attack misses when you are right next to her.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I love everything about this game until I get to literally any boss. I haven't been able to beat a single one in any demo so maybe I just shouldn't bother buying this. I think I just have to use the summon stone or something because this poo poo is so annoying.

Belzac posted:

Here's my first and only attempt on normal ogress. I'll be randomly queuing to help people throughout the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKmNVGAClB4

looks like the best strategy is typical Dark Souls "hug the enemy so tight you literally clip into them and they can't do poo poo"

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 21, 2017

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Use the block button.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

MinibarMatchman posted:

I love everything about this game until I get to literally any boss. I haven't been able to beat a single one in any demo so maybe I just shouldn't bother buying this. I think I just have to use the summon stone or something because this poo poo is so annoying.

looks like the best strategy is typical Dark Souls "hug the enemy so tight you literally clip into them and they can't do poo poo"

Ogress is awfully hard until ypu learn to just get in her rear end, then the only thing ypu ever have to dodge is the body splash. Very similar to Voldt from ds3

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Spuckuk posted:

Ogress is awfully hard until ypu learn to just get in her rear end, then the only thing ypu ever have to dodge is the body splash. Very similar to Voldt from ds3

Guess I better get in that Ogress rear end, unless she has a butt bump attack

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So are higher tier onmyo magics just locked in this demo? Because if so, I'll just restart then. I can't beat a boss with just two talismans. Its a huge downgrade from loving SIX in the last demo.

It seems a lot grindier with a lot fewer enemies to farm. This is the most boring mission yet, in terms of level design.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

DatonKallandor posted:

Kusarigama low stance. Dodge behind enemies and R1 spam like it's Souls.

More like low damage stance :(

I beat the Ogress in two tries, I don't think I beat Hino-enma last demo, and I think i took 10+ tries on Oniroki or however you spell it first demo

Also if you're brand new to the game mid-stance spear is extremely easy and safe to use

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

MinibarMatchman posted:

Guess I better get in that Ogress rear end, unless she has a butt bump attack

In Twilight she does.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Belzac posted:

In Twilight she does.

Does she? Do you mean the berserk-6-or-7-slashes? Because just hugging her makes those miss.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
In twilight if you're on her rear end too much he does a quick backslash like onryoki.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This samurai boss makes the bloody crow from Bloodborne look like a fair fight. Jesus christ

Also why the hell can't I buy Elixirs with anything? I've lost enough to this boss that now I have to go grind elixir drops in the easier mission. Why can't I just use all this gold to get some?

Harrow fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 21, 2017

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I recommend using the kodama buff that helps you find more of them if you have it. I am not the best at timing but I managed to slam the normal ogress with a hammer/axe after like 2 hours of learning her moves. Turns out you want mid stance for the most part in that fight. Now to figure out Muneshige and get rekt in the twilight mission.

Nomadic Scholar fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 21, 2017

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Harrow posted:

This samurai boss makes the bloody crow from Bloodborne look like a fair fight. Jesus christ

Also why the hell can't I buy Elixirs with anything? I've lost enough to this boss that now I have to go grind elixir drops in the easier mission. Why can't I just use all this gold to get some?

You get them pretty regularly from offering equipment you don't want

I'm skipping out on this demo cause I don't wanna spend an hour breaking all my habits from a similar game just to turn around and reverse it, but I'm so drat hyped for this game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Muneshige is the problem I'm having. The Ogress was fine. This guy is the closest I think I've come to calling bullshit on a game in a long time. I'm serious when I say that I feel like the stupid Cainhurst crow guy in the Cathedral in Bloodborne feels like more of a fair fight than this.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

New demo is great, but the game just randomly decided to start crashing on me, and now I can't even start the game. Even after a complete shut down of the ps4. Going to try redownloading and hope that works.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Muneshige is the problem I'm having. The Ogress was fine. This guy is the closest I think I've come to calling bullshit on a game in a long time. I'm serious when I say that I feel like the stupid Cainhurst crow guy in the Cathedral in Bloodborne feels like more of a fair fight than this.

In the old demo, he would have been fine, I run out of all 6 talismans before he's at half health. It's loving insane how little damage I do.

Snak fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 21, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

As someone who has played all the demos and finally got a chance to play this one this morning... this has to be the easiest stage and boss yet. Didn't die once to the Ogress in Twilight.

Also you can do the "steal weapon" parry on Muneshige when you have no weapon equipped.

And I'm not going to brag but the way they changed the way ranged weapons work this time is exactly how I described it to them in the feedback from the Beta. Not that I think I was the only person to have that thought but it's cool regardless.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is anyone else not able to download Mark of the Conqueror from the store?

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
So, ummm, any way to quit the Muneshige mission? I beat Ogress, but I do want to explore a bit more. Did I gently caress up by starting this mission and I'll have to start over again to play the Ogress mission?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Like what is the point of grappling someone if you have to do it 8+ times.

Also it's bullshit that he's invulnerable during so many of his windups. Like he just gets to stand there while my heave attack clips through his entire body.

Snak fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 21, 2017

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

What all do I need to do to unlock everything from the demo? I've beat the Ogress but the samurai guy is a pain in the rear end.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Constellation I posted:

So, ummm, any way to quit the Muneshige mission? I beat Ogress, but I do want to explore a bit more. Did I gently caress up by starting this mission and I'll have to start over again to play the Ogress mission?

If you've gotten that far you should probably have at least one of the item that lets you return to the world map. I don't remember what it's called off the top of my head.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mr E posted:

What all do I need to do to unlock everything from the demo? I've beat the Ogress but the samurai guy is a pain in the rear end.

I think you're done, just make sure to download the DLC and don't delete the demo save file (or the demo? not sure, don't delete anything).

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Phantasium posted:

If you've gotten that far you should probably have at least one of the item that lets you return to the world map. I don't remember what it's called off the top of my head.

Thanks, got it. It's called the Himorogi branch. I miss bonfires, lol.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Phantasium posted:

I think you're done, just make sure to download the DLC and don't delete the demo save file (or the demo? not sure, don't delete anything).

Alright, I can't download one of the DLCs just like everyone else but they'll probably fix that.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its kinda annoying how the guardian spirits are kinda worthless on bosses if you don't use them the first time. by the time its charged again you're either quite a few attempts further or the boss is dead. either way, ogress is dead

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Hit bosses in the glowing weak spot to charge up your spirit really fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

What's the reward for beating Twilight Ogress? I'm sure there is some sort of downloadable attached to it.