Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Rematch for a year's time, only Chael gets to be on whatever gear he wants.

Probably still loses :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
uh oh words are coming out

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I'm sorry, I don't get spike tv and couldn't be bothered to stream it, so I was watching a repeat of "chopped" on the cooking channel. How did chael get tapped by tito?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Eat This Glob posted:

I'm sorry, I don't get spike tv and couldn't be bothered to stream it, so I was watching a repeat of "chopped" on the cooking channel. How did chael get tapped by tito?

Chael gave up mount with a failed Guillotine and got choked out

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Eat This Glob posted:

Like a rear naked choke, but not under the chin and also he was just sort of hugging his head

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Sounds about right. Jeremy horn has taken up residence inside the unused space in tito's cranium

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Chael almost got a repeat of the Shogun fight. But he is undersized (watch the Rashad fight) and thought he could chill out in that headlock. Then he started changing colors and couldn't hand fight.

Chael, coming off losing his daughter and almost his wife to listeria, might of just had the second worse night of his professional life.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
Maybe Chael just panicked and wanted out, like he's done before in other fights. But that was some real garbage grappling.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Nifft posted:

Maybe Chael just panicked and wanted out, like he's done before in other fights. But that was some real garbage grappling.

no that was a real choke and he let it go on for a while,. he looked like an eggplant

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Nifft posted:

I honestly think he tried to Shogun Tito and it backfired. Man, it's going to be sad to hear his next podcast.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
the fix was in :mrgw:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Captain Log posted:

Chael almost got a repeat of the Shogun fight. But he is undersized (watch the Rashad fight) and thought he could chill out in that headlock. Then he started changing colors and couldn't hand fight.

Chael, coming off losing his daughter and almost his wife to listeria, might of just had the second worse night of his professional life.

Chael is bad at BJJ

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Me and my av will be out laying on the interstate.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

I.N.R.I posted:

no that was a real choke and he let it go on for a while,. he looked like an eggplant

I don't think the choke was fake. It's all the transitions that led to the choke and the poor defense of it that looked really sloppy.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Nifft posted:

I don't think the choke was fake. It's all the transitions that led to the choke and the poor defense of it that looked really sloppy.

yeah i mean my point is if he wanted out he would have tapped quick. i dont think he wanted to lose at any rate

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Nifft posted:

i don't think it was a choke so much as a crush. if you've got a good enough squeeze you will absolutely submit to it but it's a pain sub instead of a lack of blood to your brain sub

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

i don't think it was a choke so much as a crush. if you've got a good enough squeeze you will absolutely submit to it but it's a pain sub instead of a lack of blood to your brain sub

he was turning purple though , thats like hypoxia isnt it? ive heard rogan talk during a fight about how you dont need to be under the chin to choke someone out if your technique is good enough

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

he was turning purple though , thats like hypoxia isnt it? ive heard rogan talk during a fight about how you dont need to be under the chin to choke someone out if your technique is good enough

you don't need to be under the chin to submit someone but you do if you want to choke them as far as i know. the color change was probably due to the immense pressure on his face and the fact that sonnen changes color very easily.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

You sure as gently caress don't. I could see Chael thinking he could give up his back and spin into full guard but he isn't big enough. That Chael would have farces a 185er.

Edit : darced not farces for fucks sake. Even my phone is taking the piss out of me.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Maybe Chael can try to win the AFC title or something

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Hahaha Chael loving sucks

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Chael Sonnen: Forever Disappointing His Dead Dad

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tito seemed a lot stronger.

edit: I mean chael was never good etc but he really was the smaller guy. Wait. Doesn't he claim that's an advantage somehow?

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Marching Powder posted:

you don't need to be under the chin to submit someone but you do if you want to choke them as far as i know. the color change was probably due to the immense pressure on his face and the fact that sonnen changes color very easily.

fatherdog would know so I'm just gonna quote him:

fatherdog posted:

Her neck was being cranked past the point it's supposed to go.

EDIT: Also, you can actually put somebody unconscious with a facelock, aka "RNC on the jaw" - it compresses the jaw against the nerve that runs behind it, and can cause people to pass out.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

-Atom- posted:

Chael Sonnen: Forever Disappointing His Dead Dad

Aaaaaand you continue to be a useless poo poo. Guess some things never change.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
You're mad that Chael Sonnen lost to Tito Ortiz, disappointing Chael's dead father.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Captain Log posted:

Aaaaaand you continue to be a useless poo poo. Guess some things never change.

That was the narrative Chael put out for this fight you idiot

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
for the most difficult part of his training camp, tito hired a speech coach so he could get the final retirement sentence out in one complete piece

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Zwachro posted:

fatherdog would know so I'm just gonna quote him:

i was literally thinking 'if fd was here.....'.

thanks.

i had a face crank put on me recently and my vision went blurry and i had this phantom ringing going off in my ear and the pain was unbelievable. cool to know i could have literally gone out because it sure as poo poo felt like i was on the verge.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

-Atom- posted:

That was the narrative Chael put out for this fight you idiot

: rushes in to desk scattered with papers, loosens' tie, begins sweating while glancing at screen :

Oh God, it finally happened. Atom called me an idiot. Guess it's time to pack my bags!

: starts cramming suitcases with papers labeled "BAD POSTS" :

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

That Paul Daley KO was sick as gently caress and almost made up for the fight where the ref had to shame the two guys into fighting.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
CPS DISAPPOINTS FATHER

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
im a casual watcher so hence i suck at mma analysis but wouldn't it be correct to assume that if chael looked that bad against tito that he'd probably get beaten even worse against wanderlei?

i say for chael to go back on the juice hardcore but then again he's been busted twice so maybe they're watching him more closely than anyone else?

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Chromatic posted:

im a casual watcher so hence i suck at mma analysis but wouldn't it be correct to assume that if chael looked that bad against tito that he'd probably get beaten even worse against wanderlei?

i say for chael to go back on the juice hardcore but then again he's been busted twice so maybe they're watching him more closely than anyone else?

Silva hasn't fought in 4 years so who knows what would happen. I wouldn't put money on Sonnen.

Bellator isn't watching anyone closely.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Chromatic posted:

I'd have to hear from Chael first. Chael has a problem losing the fights he should win and winning the fights he should lose.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Chromatic posted:

On a reality TV show Chael easily took down Wanderlei.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
There are a LOT of turkeys on the internet right now that are convinced the Chael fight was some kind of Bellator Inside Job

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
"Boy this Chael guy is a real nice draw for us we should conspire to have him lose in 30 seconds to Tito Ortiz"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

1st AD posted:

On a reality TV show Chael easily took down Wanderlei.

He could not LET HIM get close. Fuckin' Wanderlei.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPjP4_mj32T/

1. cool photo

2. scott coker do not even loving think about it