Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chunkles posted:

Tim Duncan, head of the D&DD (Dungeons & Dragons Department)

duncan making foul faces during his confirmation hearing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

they called a phantom foul on boogie for that and it cost them the game.

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/823034555162591232

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

R.D. Mangles posted:

duncan making foul faces during his confirmation hearing

Mr. Duncan, don't you think your existing ties to the auto industry in San Antonio are a potential conflict of interest?

Duncan:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol boogie owns

IMO, the Kings got royally hosed by phantom calls and uncalled bulls mugging all night, but they can sleep tight holding onto that protected draft pick

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

I need the video of this to hear how venomous it is leaving his mouth

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Time posted:

I need the video of this to hear how venomous it is leaving his mouth

https://twitter.com/NickFriedell/status/823027092677939201/photo/1

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The situation outside the United Center visitors locker room has become dangerous and unacceptable

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

using political office to get rid of coaches is brilliant, someone start a PAC to run Hoiberg for the literal Mayor of Ames

the second 800 year branstad reign has ended so fred could probably be governor now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ex post facho posted:

why you tryin' to hurt my boy jokic, dj

What the gently caress

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

What the gently caress

Jokic is tugging on his jersey.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Smh at no one including the legend, elden Campbell

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"When playing against someone great or a great team, it gives you the most fun at that time."- Kawhi "Killer Klawn" Leonard

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Owns, more people should follow Pop's example.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Pop is a good man.

Leave Jokic alone, DJ. :mad:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Count Mippipopolous posted:

Yeah that's a good excuse to try to rip someones arm off and bang your braids like a toddler

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Fizdale really sounds like a heritage soda pop brand that you can only buy in Maine

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
I can't believe Sam "The Dweeb" Dekker put up 30 points on the Grizz last night.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BenSimmons25/status/822900873466679296

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Sheriff posted:

I can't believe Sam "The Dweeb" Dekker put up 30 points on the Grizz last night.

It was a tough night for Gasol having to cover an athletic wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh55T3LuGVk

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Hmm yes a good reason to try to break someone's elbow in half.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I'll repeat myself: Memphis needs a backup point guard badly. Deal some of the wings you have and try to shore up that position, please.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Papercut posted:

Hmm yes a good reason to try to break someone's elbow in half.

I don't think DJ is hitting it all that hard, and that is a pretty universal action you take when someone is grabbing your jersey in Basketball, Soccer, Football, Rugby, etc etc. Right or wrong.

Source: I hold jerseys a ton and have gotten my arm whacked a ton.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Lockback posted:

I don't think DJ is hitting it all that hard, and that is a pretty universal action you take when someone is grabbing your jersey in Basketball, Soccer, Football, Rugby, etc etc. Right or wrong.

Source: I hold jerseys a ton and have gotten my arm whacked a ton.

Hitting his arm is a natural reaction, grabbing his wrist and specifically hitting the joint is hosed up.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Clippers are rear end holes, I think this is well established

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

This is why I've always advocated basketball being played in the nude, if you want to grab something then you have to show what you're really made of

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

Quit tugging on my jersey, Thread.

The slow mo makes it look a way worse, I think. He got a tech though.
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18528849

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Sean Spiced and Reince Priebus should know better is some disingenuous bullshit though. Using Trump to make these shitbears seem reasonable is gross. They're worse.

big boi posted:

This is why I've always advocated basketball being played in the nude, if you want to grab something then you have to show what you're really made of

I don't need to see the tragic death of some guy's future kids at the business end of Draymond's Nikes, thanks

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Lakers D-league changing from D-Fenders to Southbay Lakers

I like D-Fenders better

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

NickRoweFillea posted:

I'll repeat myself: Memphis needs a backup point guard badly. Deal some of the wings you have and try to shore up that position, please.

What would you give for Tim Frazier?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

NickRoweFillea posted:

I'll repeat myself: Memphis needs a backup point guard badly.

Aaron Harrison is available!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sounds to me like memphis needs a gritty veteran point guard who knows how to run an offense, someone like let's just throw this out there rajon rondo

Wealthy Aristocrat
Dec 12, 2016

Sheriff posted:

The Rockets last year barely had an effective starting unit, their bench was total trash, they lost a star player in Dwight Howard in the offseason, and yet somehow they now have an extremely effective 10 man regular season rotation this year. I don't understand it either.

Dwight Howard was never a star, more like a salary cap weight.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Ben Simmons being a cat lady is strangely appropriate for personality fit on a team with Joel Embiid, IMO

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Wealthy Aristocrat posted:

This is very wrong

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Quit tugging on my jersey, Thread.

The slow mo makes it look a way worse, I think. He got a tech though.
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18528849

I can't view the video you posted, but I immediately had a similar reaction - the GIF is a slow motion clip, those things always look much worse than real time. It was just a run of the mill smack on the arm, meant to send the message to Jokic not to grab his jersey, a play that happens all the time. Slowing the clip down gives you, the viewer, alot of time to think about and analyze the play as it happens, and you naturally assume the player is thinking about it too, that DeAndre is lining up Jokic's joint for a crippling blow or something, when in fact it happened in a split second and neither player was really thinking about it as it happened. Jokic grabbed at his jersey, Deandre knocked his arm away. Pretty simple.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

Aaron Harrison is available!

Two words baby
Will Bynum
Two more words
Trey Burke

Oh wait he's on the wizards, he's not out of the league yet

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ungratek posted:

This is very wrong

If you're talking strictly about Houston it's probably true although he was still pretty dang good.

If he means generally then yeah it's obviously insane

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Wealthy Aristocrat posted:

It feels like forever that ago that Dwight was the consensus #2 player in the NBA

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

MourningView posted:

If you're talking strictly about Houston it's probably true although he was still pretty dang good.

If he means generally then yeah it's obviously insane

Even in Houston he wasn't cap weight, even if he was disappointing compared to his previous seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Criminal Minded posted:

It feels like forever that ago that Dwight was the consensus #2 player in the NBA

https://twitter.com/Lauzin/status/823252143251619841

• Locked thread