Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

WrathOfBlade posted:

I love this Krillin mini-arc so much. (It's basically the arc everyone keeps expecting Gohan to have, huh?)

Also if Broly is canon now I am going to A) scream and B) burn all of my Dragonball mangas

What if Broly still isn't canon and the characters just treat Girl Broly like the first Broly they ever met. That'd be pretty funny.
Also the timing for this right after Broly Abridged couldn't be better. The saga continues...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

I'm going to marry Broly!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Krillin should get the power of love to put him at a boosted enough level to hold his own.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DrPaper posted:

I'm going to marry Broly!

Trunks x Lady Broly OTP

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bobjr posted:

Krillin should get the power of love to put him at a boosted enough level to hold his own.

Krillin's gonna get beaten to an inch of his life and then his opponent is gonna threaten the life of his life and his child and...

18's just gonna go super android and destroy a gently caress while krillin agonizes on the ground

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Barudak posted:

Trunks x Lady Broly OTP

no, Yamcha x Broly.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think all the footage and music from the trailer is from the new opening

h y p e

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I like how this mini arc has been setting up all of the players for the universal tournament. Gohan found his fighting spirit through Great Sayianman and his family, and he even sparred with Goku toe to toe in SSJ form. Krillin is getting back into martial arts, and we already know he is fighting in the tourney too. Here's hoping we ll get an episode dedicated to Tien training too.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Batmasterson posted:

I like how this mini arc has been setting up all of the players for the universal tournament. Gohan found his fighting spirit through Great Sayianman and his family, and he even sparred with Goku toe to toe in SSJ form. Krillin is getting back into martial arts, and we already know he is fighting in the tourney too. Here's hoping we ll get an episode dedicated to Tien training too.

Sadly there's only one episode left before Universal Survival and it's part 2 of this

except not sadly because that poo poo looks rad as hell

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Blockhouse posted:

Sadly there's only one episode left before Universal Survival and it's part 2 of this

except not sadly because that poo poo looks rad as hell

Wait, I thought there was supposed to be another two-parter where Vegeta gets super nervous over Bulma giving birth to Bulla or something

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Thats how the tournament arc starts

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

That's an explicit plot point in the episode. 18 berates him for getting so weak he got hurt by a bullet.

I thought it was less that and more him making excuses for it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm glad my original character, Broly but as a girl, is finally canon.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

This episode was surprisingly well animated, the Goku VS Great Saiyaman spar and the old villains were a delight to see. All it was missing was a giant General Blue, since he also kicked Krillin's rear end pretty good. Weird they included Scouter Vegeta, they are obviously illusions but if not for him Goku and Krillin might suspect they're actual dead villains brought back by Baba since they know she can do that and take things more seriously.

Did 18 put on the same clothes after the bath? Yuck.

Pureauthor posted:

I think this retroactively makes the Princess Trunks joke funnier.

WHIS GET ME OFF THIS UNIVERSE RIGHT NOW I'M SERIOUS DIMENSIONAL CUB--

Elfgames posted:

I was thinking "Lady the dude did nothing but cower before you, you totally married a weakling"

I believe she's talking about weakness of spirit more than pure strength, Krillin used to keep up with his training and always showed up to fight even if completely outclassed, recently it seems he got comfortable with this job and family and doesn't even want to have a friendly spar with Goku.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I look forward to braly going swole and the main universe saiyans just looking at her like she's an idiot

"you do know that form sucks right"

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Petiso posted:

This episode was surprisingly well animated, the Goku VS Great Saiyaman spar and the old villains were a delight to see. All it was missing was a giant General Blue, since he also kicked Krillin's rear end pretty good. Weird they included Scouter Vegeta, they are obviously illusions but if not for him Goku and Krillin might suspect they're actual dead villains brought back by Baba since they know she can do that and take things more seriously.

Did 18 put on the same clothes after the bath? Yuck.

WHIS GET ME OFF THIS UNIVERSE RIGHT NOW I'M SERIOUS DIMENSIONAL CUB--

I believe she's talking about weakness of spirit more than pure strength, Krillin used to keep up with his training and always showed up to fight even if completely outclassed, recently it seems he got comfortable with this job and family and doesn't even want to have a friendly spar with Goku.

To be fair he had Goku punch him in the face not long ago and look how that ended.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Barudak posted:

Princess Trunks x Lady Broly OTP

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Dragon Ballz megathread: I want a strong Daddy!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I still can't believe -this- is how we're getting our first official female SSJ. Super is the most amazing ridiculous show.

Still disappointed in a lack of Radditz.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
that shot of the two zenos and the high priest is the most menacing loving thing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My boy!!!
My hero!!!
THE KING!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djkh1JNbI0E

Here's the trailer that people are screencapping from.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Augus posted:

What if Broly still isn't canon and the characters just treat Girl Broly like the first Broly they ever met. That'd be pretty funny.

I'm almost sure that's how they're going to handle it. Yeah, sure, Broly is canon now, but only in another universe, as a woman. Everyone wins!

Darko posted:

Still disappointed in a lack of Radditz.
Yeah, come to think of it, Raditz tail-smacked Krillin through a wall, which is more than some of the Ginyu force ever did to him. Where's his towering smoke-phantom?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

is vegeta fighting a teletubbie in that trailer

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I've been asking about a swole as gently caress saiyan woman for so long now

Just this hulked out superfucker and that trailer indicates it is happening now

Dragonball super really is just "what did we want to see take place in the dragonball universe? Yeah that sounds neat lets do it"

and it is good

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Little Mac posted:

The best part is hell probably get bodied by it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hope we get some screen time for fights outside of those involving the Z Crew entirely. Obviously, we're not going to see all of them, but it'd still be cool to see a fight between Universe 1 and 4 for example and have neither fighter ultimately prove relevant, just a fun fight for the sake of having a fun fight.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zzulu posted:

Dragonball super really is just "what did we want to see take place in the dragonball universe? Yeah that sounds neat lets do it"

and it is good

DBS is just a canon fanfic and that's very powerful.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Little Mac posted:

Oh man it looks like a Para Para Mother/Sister. If they're putting gender-swapped Movie/GT villains in this tournament...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like to think that the wolfman that goku's fighting is an alt universe version of that guy that was pissed at jackie chun for blowing up the moon and trapping him as a werewolf

they never brought the moon back in that universe and he never got over it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Nah, it's Universe 6's Yamcha, taking the Wolf Fang Fist too literally.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
WHOA WHOA WHOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJyUz-Xp6jM&t=12s

THEY DID IT

THEY ACTUALLY DID IT

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The goddamn greatest

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Burkion posted:

WHOA WHOA WHOA

THEY DID IT

THEY ACTUALLY DID IT

Holy poo poo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Burkion posted:

WHOA WHOA WHOA

THEY DID IT

THEY ACTUALLY DID IT

My skin crawls

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I hope we get some screen time for fights outside of those involving the Z Crew entirely. Obviously, we're not going to see all of them, but it'd still be cool to see a fight between Universe 1 and 4 for example and have neither fighter ultimately prove relevant, just a fun fight for the sake of having a fun fight.

Team U7, an expanded Team U6, and 105 new fighters. That's not a tournament arc, that could be a whole drat tournament series.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
It's good to see that Frost is coming back too, I hope they expand on his story more. Make him more than just Frieza with good PR(especially now that his PR has been tanked).

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I wonder why Frost is being allowed to fight again, since last we heard he was on the run from the space police.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Raxivace posted:

I wonder why Frost is being allowed to fight again, since last we heard he was on the run from the space police.

Still one of the most powerful in the universe, what's the space police gonna do against Champa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I hope being on the run has given him incentive to train. :getin:

• Locked thread