Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Devor posted:

I won't be around until after 7pm PST this evening - but I'll try to catch you another time. If it's a hassle, don't worry about it.

I'll be on. Just whisper me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
TVDinna + Holyshoot 2017. Making PNR great again.

Bede posted:

Just started playing this again. It took awhile to sort out my workers and get the life skill money flowing again but I think i can do 7-10 million an about if i'm watching a tv. Is that a reasonable rate? Is there more money in fishing?

I'm currently sitting with a lvl 53 valk +15 liverto and vangertz shield, +15 grunils (yellow except for blue boots), mostly trash accessories + basilisk belt and ~300 million silver. I'm going to sell the basilisk when the price goes up and buy a duo shultz belt. Should my main goal be a tri kzarka right now? If i got up to 56 would I be better off with a tri dandelion weapon first? They look like they have similar price. Is shield throw still the way to grind post 56 as a valk?

Whats the cost of failing a +15 to pri and pri to duo? Is it just a 5 max durability loss?

Do the two set bonuses on the Jarette's jewelry stack? It seems like I would need duo blue ap jewelry to beat that set if it does, is that right?

Did parks and recs get resurrected? Do you have to have an active contract to get guild bonuses?

So the little documentation there is on the Jarrett set, it is supposed to be Attack = AP. However, others have claimed it's not quite as good as AP since it's only +15 attack damage instead of whatever way AP scales.
Either way, the Jarrett set is excellent because it's solid AP and completely free..

Also, I have no idea what you're doing to get 7-10 mil an hour, but that's actually extremely good. The best money making scheme right now involves farming these mini bosses in a group for Sicil necklace (or some other necklace, forgot which) and it comes out to be like 30mil an hour. However, you need quite good gear for that. There's another method where you fight some elites that have higher drop chance for some kind of accessory as well.

All end game items are the same price. Dandelion poo poo is still hard af to find right now.
If you have 300mil saved up, a DUO Kzarka isn't a bad investment since AP from MH will (if not already) contribute to awakening AP.
You won't be able to get Awakening for 3 more levels (which isn't all that far actually)

Yes, you need a contract. Holyshoot can invite and is around more than I am since I work afternoon evenings.

For each attempt after +15, you need failstacks + about 2mil item for a armor attempt. Weapon is about 4mil per attempt, but at where you are, the focus should be on Kzarka then Dandelion.

Unrelated update:
So for my alt account, I counted up all the free welfare junk and the total of free poo poo you get as part of the new player/returning player attendance event is about 100-120mil, some misc buffs/junk and Jarrett accessories.
I was able to buy a PRI Liverto Longbow for my alt and I'm about to grab a +15 or PRI steel dagger (undecided).
Haven't been playing the alt at all except for some AFK fishing on Olivia channel and am almost 40 just from AFK 99% of the time.
With a +15 or PRI steel dagger, I will exceed 130AP although I have no armor at all. I'm able to pretty much one shot everything when I went to test it out.

Levelling is much easier and getting caught up to entry level is almost a freebie. With just about 80mil past the free stuff, seems like anyone can hit 350+ GS.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Tell me the low down on the plum awakening. I don't see any word on it so going to assume it's bad. Already saw wizards got the better end of the deal.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
I don't actually play the game. :lol:
I just log in to BDO collect welfare checks, and AFK fish all day to Progress Quest myself to victory.

Even if wizards got better awakening than Witch, you still have to stare at a :dong: when you're playing.

This week's maint brought back the monopoly game (play once every hour up to 3 times a day, get free poo poo) and increased drop rates.for gathering hard/sharps, killing monsters and getting stones, and increased relics drop rate from fishing.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
In regards to invites the best way to get a hold of me is to message me on discord. I sit in the goon discord run by kimsemus and Co. So just join that one and search for holyshoot. I am at my computer around 3pm pst and on most days. We also might need to do a guild mission unless you can renew contracts without the funds? I have been setting everyone to 30 days that we invite.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
Guild funds is for people to draw salary from or if we kick people while they are under contract.
Also need guild funds to do guild missions and other things which we will not partake in since we've only got 3 people in guild.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

TVDinna posted:

Guild funds is for people to draw salary from or if we kick people while they are under contract.
Also need guild funds to do guild missions and other things which we will not partake in since we've only got 3 people in guild.

Ok, so we can keep inviting people and be fine with only 80k in the bank?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Ok, so we can keep inviting people and be fine with only 80k in the bank?

Give them contracts for 1k. Also you can small guild missions and duo the large ones.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Hy_C posted:

Give them contracts for 1k. Also you can small guild missions and duo the large ones.

I just got an invite last night with a 30k contract - I promise not to clean out the guild bank.

I'm up for running a guild mission if needed. Should be on most evenings this week/end.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
Go ahead and draw money from the guild bank if we got it.
Guild missions give a decent amount of money and experience as well.

Anyone at officer rank can start one up. We kicked a lot of inactives so we can get access to small missions.

There's a small cost to start up a guild mission which is 50k or 25k depending on which small mission it is. The 25k is smaller and 50k is larger mission. So in reality it's 6 tiers of mission sizes.
Do only the 25k ones as they are easily soloed.
A 25k small kill quest is about 1k monsters killed. 50k mission is double that.

Also, there's also gathering missions as well, which is very nice with the new events running.

So back onto the topic of easy welfare checks, there's a new system based on what level your account's characters are, life skills, knowledge, cp and maybe a couple other things. Minimum payment is essentially 350k a day and pretty easy to get more.

floydpepper
Nov 7, 2004

"It Don't Make You A Bad Person"
I def want in on the guild. Give me the cheapest you can.
Been trying to get in but keep missing holy.

It's there a way to give money to the guild you are in?

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
Don't give the guild money and just take the 30k a day.
If you're on later at night I can invite too.

Also, I gave Bede officer so he can invite too and start up GQ.

No point trying to paint the guild as something it's not. All we're doing with PNR is to get some more guild skills up and just be a bunch of filthy casuals that don't do node wars or anything.
So all the extra stuff like guild elephants and soon to be guild boats. We won't be doing any of those because it's loving expensive to craft those and it takes the collaborative effort of a bunch of people to get it.

floydpepper
Nov 7, 2004

That sounds perfect.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
Well, let me amend what I just said.
Go ahead and take money from the guild funds, just try to keep it above 100k or so.
Since it costs 25k for the small small missions, and 50k for the large small missions.

Once we roll a few guild missions we'll have a few mil again in the guild. We just need to do some missions first.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

floydpepper posted:

I def want in on the guild. Give me the cheapest you can.
Been trying to get in but keep missing holy.

It's there a way to give money to the guild you are in?

If they didn't remove me I can log in and invite you. Still kind of sitting on the fence if I want to play.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Hy_C posted:

If they didn't remove me I can log in and invite you. Still kind of sitting on the fence if I want to play.

We kept all the officers in tact. I just got rid of people under 110 ish CP to get us down to a small guild.

floydpepper
Nov 7, 2004

Russte Shakelferd is my char. (EVERYTHING was taken)
Add me in game and eventually I'll be on the same time as one of you and get invited.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Looks like the breeding calculator here: http://www.blackd.de/horse/ is a bit out of date.

I just decided to breed my tier 2 female (level 29) and my tier 3 male (level 28) and they pooped out a giant tier 6 male named SirMixAlot.

Looks like this calculator is a bit more accurate: http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Wow is everything buffed now? Horse breeding was my jam when I played and t6 from t2+t3 wasn't possible.

The revitalized posting makes me want to come back but I don't want to get sucked back into the grind.

What's left to grind aside from life skills and equipment now anyways? Seems everything is buffed

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
IMO this game is best played as a very casual game.
Treat it as Progress Quest 90% of the time. Then, every now and then just do a little bit of grinding or other stuff.

The grind is severely reduced up to 56 and there's so many bonus exp events/features now that levelling even past that is fairly easy.

Progression is loving tough though because it's so RNG dependent and that's all there is to this game. Lifeskills and slowly improving gear.

edit: Just did a small 10k fee gathering guild quest. Mined 150 iron ore in about 15 minutes and got 800k silver fod guild funds and 1% guild skill exp.
It's definitely worth doing guild gathering missions with the guild's Nimble Fingers 3 passive. With a decent pick axe, a uniform and ghille suit it went super fast for gathering.

edit 2: Just a few tips for maximizing efficiency while gathering.

1.) ALWAYS use Lucky tools (craft these) or Magic tools (currently available in the Monopoly game).
2.) Buy a green weapon with 2 slots and throw Magic Crystal of Infinity - Durability x2 onto it. This will extend the life of your lucky tools and save you money down the road.
3.) Uniforms for bonus exp, move speed and reduced timers.
4.) Find out the hot spots for high efficiency. Near Heidel is great for trees and Feldspar (iron/rough stones). There's several other locations that are high density gathering nodes.

Over the weekend, we're going to do some large small (30k) gathering missions.
So from the 2 10ks I just did with some help from another guy in guild, we gained 1.6 mil silver in guild funds.
Keep drawing salary since it's free money, but if you guys are going to draw salary just help chip in with some guild quest activity. Eventually we can bump up everyone's pay a lot and it'd be nice to be able to do a guild quest for a pretty good payout too.

TVDinna fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 20, 2017

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
So I'm on the 7 day trial and this seems like a pretty awesome MMO to just mess around in. I've already bought a house and skinned some foxes for a fox head to mount inside.

I'm hoping there's a head for each skinnable animal so I can roleplay Weeblorde Bonerhitler, bane of fauna and amateur taxidermist.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

Twist And Pout! posted:

So I'm on the 7 day trial and this seems like a pretty awesome MMO to just mess around in. I've already bought a house and skinned some foxes for a fox head to mount inside.

I'm hoping there's a head for each skinnable animal so I can roleplay Weeblorde Bonerhitler, bane of fauna and amateur taxidermist.

Join ParksAndRec. You will skin at the speed of light for your creepy collections.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
I'm running a bunch of relic scrolls tonight and all goons are welcome to come and leech.
Planning on running 10-15 range.
If you're poor, this is a lot of free money. Should be able to get 5-8mil in fast moving loot.

edit: Forgot to mention time. Around 10PM EST.

Parks And Rec discord:
https://discord.gg/tXJYW48

TVDinna fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jan 22, 2017

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I just discovered this and it looks pretty neat. I'm finding it difficult to find good info on it though. Lots of contradiction when I googled reviews.

I know it's grindy but I plan on completely ignoring PvP and playing really casually. Would it be worth checking out? On a limited plan so wanted to ask first before I waste bandwidth on the free trial.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Red Mundus posted:

On a limited plan so wanted to ask first before I waste bandwidth on the free trial.

IIRC the game download is pretty massive so be wary of that.

Personally I think the grind is pretty inescapable since nothing rewards you for exploring; there's just killing, gathering and refining. Quests are mostly just kill/gather/refine x. What BDO has going for it is the coolest MMO combat system I've seen and the world is aesthetically very pretty.

Fwiw, a few months back I thought about returning to play casually and enjoy the world & combat but I just couldn't; even the log-in reward xp boost was called "the daily grind"

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
Some guest passes, if anyone is interested:

2D9I7QI-A59J5A5-OL8MF2N-LPO7I
TF7LVK3-PA0TO3M-92DNAE3-T5HDQ
N4LKK4N-FNQMGCV-TECQ2R7-QJTER
A7L9J6H-P0JQU80-2UEKK5A-S9QV7
S6KLU2M-V9B1P83-502M397-CT8C9
ENV22NE-HMM563P-5F24DBD-NIH1A
LBRV16N-KOVNGQD-17VEQ68-T3NC2
2PC1RGN-RACDAD3-E0OK16O-73G9N
OL505QC-C3E8M6U-0NQ7TDS-T4A05
VMICDTM-DJ8AAC5-E3IRT4Q-RQF1E

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
State of the Guild:
From the humble reclamation of the guild, we had about 15k guild funds.
Currently we have 9 people online and almost 8mil guild funds!
Planning to do first guild scrolls group later next week as well.
Come make Parks And Rec great again.
We obviously won't be a big guild but if we get a few more, we might even be able to take a small tier 1 node.

Red Mundus posted:

I just discovered this and it looks pretty neat. I'm finding it difficult to find good info on it though. Lots of contradiction when I googled reviews.

I know it's grindy but I plan on completely ignoring PvP and playing really casually. Would it be worth checking out? On a limited plan so wanted to ask first before I waste bandwidth on the free trial.

It's a Korean MMO which means ultimately, the game revolves around a gently caress ton of RNG and grinding.
However, due to the saturation of a lot of high end equipment, it's possible now to just save up and buy things to a very good level instead of hoping for good RNG.

It's not a terrible game and it's way better with people to play with.
There's a ton of AFK activities to help generate wealth and small progression so it is fairly casual friendly as well.

Be aware there's a ton of P2convenience and P2W as well, but unless you're fighting for castles and t3 nodes, you won't run into those guys very often.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
What do you get for owning nodes?

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

I started playing this again this weekend i'll look you parks and recs lads up we can ride horses together.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Holyshoot posted:

What do you get for owning nodes?

They generate silver constantly, quite a lot of silver actually (even for a lowly T1 node) and the guild master can collect this silver and it goes to the guild fund. From there you can decide how you want to divvy up the silver either by giving people raises to their daily pay, or the guild master can issue an "incentive" which is basically a payout from the guild fund to the members.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Trogdos! posted:

IIRC the game download is pretty massive so be wary of that.

Personally I think the grind is pretty inescapable since nothing rewards you for exploring; there's just killing, gathering and refining. Quests are mostly just kill/gather/refine x. What BDO has going for it is the coolest MMO combat system I've seen and the world is aesthetically very pretty.

Fwiw, a few months back I thought about returning to play casually and enjoy the world & combat but I just couldn't; even the log-in reward xp boost was called "the daily grind"

I just re-downloaded this about a week ago .. 44gb download

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
Will this be a fun game if i just want to run around and kill poo poo and talk about politics in discord?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Loose Ifer posted:

Will this be a fun game if i just want to run around and kill poo poo and talk about politics in discord?

Yea, combat is pretty good. I made my warrior look like president obama.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Holyshoot posted:

Yea, combat is pretty good. I made my warrior look like president obama.

Good enough, gonna download the trial tonight.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Loose Ifer posted:

Channel chat is great for politics

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Node wars review:

In a moderately large but not particularly geared guild. Node war started at 2am on a Tuesday (drat I wish there was an option to transfer to EU servers). Was a massive cluster, with the usual level 60+ guys chewing through you. Even though in the two weeks since I came back I've managed to get myself to a fairly solid 170AP / 210DP, not a single kill. Apparently we were fighting several T3 guilds (i.e. people who own continents) for a T1 node, not sure why. We seem to have held our own, but not through any particular success on my behalf.

I'll probably just stick to exploring.

EDIT: As an aside, even after 7 months of not playing apparently I'm still in the top 20 alchemists on the server on average. Compared to the massive amount of masters / gurus in processing and gathering, that's weird.

RockyB fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 24, 2017

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Loose Ifer posted:

Good enough, gonna download the trial tonight.

I decided to do the same. Maybe I'll see you in there?

Can't wait to spread the word of Trump in general chat.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-Be4zgYLU0

This guy made some hilarious quitting videos and now he's back and he's made a "Why a came back" video. The game actually sounds ok now, but the end grind is still horrible.

e-Do we know how awakening weapons ended up? I have a Valk, Maehwa, Witch and I stopped following the game at around the time those were going to come out in korea and I have no idea how they ended up meta wise.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jan 24, 2017

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cao Ni Ma posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-Be4zgYLU0

This guy made some hilarious quitting videos and now he's back and he's made a "Why a came back" video. The game actually sounds ok now, but the end grind is still horrible.

e-Do we know how awakening weapons ended up? I have a Valk, Maehwa, Witch and I stopped following the game at around the time those were going to come out in korea and I have no idea how they ended up meta wise.

i was just about to post that since it popped up on my feed, and he makes some good points. It's making me want to try the game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floydpepper
Nov 7, 2004

As a dirty casual that normally blows through MMOs in days, I still love this game.

I afk fish hard, get my daily bonuses, pick a direction and head out to wreck poo poo.

With the bonuses and selling fish I have been able to gear up from the AH.

I don't know how hard core players will fare, but I haven't touched any other game since starting this.