Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
In Robocop vs Terminator vs Aliens vs Predator - Robocop would win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gatts posted:

In Robocop vs Terminator vs Aliens vs Predator - Robocop would win.

He's the only good guy,so yeah, obviously.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

He's the only good guy,so yeah, obviously.

Yeah he'd be the main protagonist. He'd wake up in the future, Xenomorphs and Terminators are at war, he would fight to survive until he takes over a Terminator factory, upgrade himself, help the resistance defeat Skynet then take over and pump out RoboTerminators all the while a couple Predators try to hunt and side with Robo to take out the Queen. Then when they die, Robo takes a bunch of Terminators and Human Resistance fighters to Xenomorph home worlds from Prometheus and poo poo gets meta real.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

If Cameron gets all the rights back in 2019 couldn't they film it before then as long as there's no promotional poo poo released before the rights revert?

There's probably a million little behind the scenes things that would make it not possible to film a movie that you don't currently have the rights for.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tars Tarkas posted:

Terminators are back again for the whateverth time this is.

So, yay Cameron being back even though he'll be busy doing Avatar stuff and is mostly there to make sure Tim Miller doesn't go all Genisys on us.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/terminator-james-cameron-deadpool-tim-miller-david-ellison-skydance-1201890848/

but the second movie already drew the battle to a close...

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Terminator Genisys was mostly good but they miscast Jai Courtney and the whole thing took a hit.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it was insanely bad in every possible way.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Gatts posted:

Terminator Genisys was mostly good but they miscast Jai Courtney and the whole thing took a hit.

Genisys also suffered, in my opinion, from badly miscasting the male and female leads for the romance. She was half his size, and looked to be about half his age. Made the entire thing really drat creepy.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I enjoyed Genisys because I went in expecting total megashit, but it is frustrating that with someone else as Reese instead of Jai Courtney and some other changes it could have been legit awesome.

Some surprisingly questionable effects too for a movie with Terminator in the name. The CG backdrops and buildings were weak but inoffensive. The bus and helicopter chases though looked awful.

The part where SkyJohn is walking away from the MRI and leaving nanomachine "shadows" of himself with each step is striking though. You can tell most of the effects money went there and I've never seen anything that looks quite like it before.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 21, 2017

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Part of what made T1and T2 so great is James and his team put so much thought and planning and details into the story and production catching little things. The movies since don't measure up.

Genysis at least had the story writers explore the time travel thing and present interesting ideas so that's one place most effort went to. Also besides Arnold being Arnold I think the movie is as good as it is because Jason Clarke carried it. His John Terminator was great and would have been a great twist if not spoiled.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Genisys was dumb bad movie but I enjoyed it. Emilia Clarke and Jai Courtney were horribly miscast and had zero chemistry with each other or anyone else, so any of their attempts at emotion or humour totally fails.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I really like his posts before Breaking Bad

8/22/2007

Breaking Bad Greetings Everybody! I'm in Albuquerque, New Mexico filming Breaking Bad, a television series that is going to show you a whole different side of me. How different? Let's just say I play a chemistry teacher down on his luck who spins out crystal meth to get by. Pretty d

1/11/2008

Breaking Bad Season Premiere The time has arrived for you to see a whole new side of me on my new show Breaking Bad. It premieres Sunday, January 20 on AMC 10pm/9 central and will air every Sunday at that time. I hope you can tune in for this exciting new show!

:3:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

FCKGW posted:

I really like his posts before Breaking Bad

8/22/2007

Breaking Bad Greetings Everybody! I'm in Albuquerque, New Mexico filming Breaking Bad, a television series that is going to show you a whole different side of me. How different? Let's just say I play a chemistry teacher down on his luck who spins out crystal meth to get by. Pretty d

1/11/2008

Breaking Bad Season Premiere The time has arrived for you to see a whole new side of me on my new show Breaking Bad. It premieres Sunday, January 20 on AMC 10pm/9 central and will air every Sunday at that time. I hope you can tune in for this exciting new show!

:3:

If only I could go back in time and tell him he'll end up going back to doing Power Rangers someday.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Detective No. 27 posted:

If only I could go back in time and tell him he'll end up going back to doing Power Rangers someday.

I mean he already had

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

FishBulb posted:

I mean he already had

Right. But I'm talking, telling 2008 Bryan Cranston that he'll be returning to Power Rangers in 2017 without giving him any context.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Will Neko Atsume break the video game movie curse? Maybe....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5R0M-NKISA

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

not by the looks of it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean, it's not like the game sets a particularly high bar for narrative, if it's just about a Japanese guy chilling with adorable cats and setting up a cat park it's basically a perfect adaptation.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that sounds like the dumbest video game in history. japan is hosed up.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Tars Tarkas posted:

It has to have several cat buttholes on screen at all times to be accurate to the game.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Forget it Jake, it's a mobile game.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtZ0Frrwxfk

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's basically just a cute timewaster? Like it's not even really a game, you just put out cat toys and food and decorations on your first run and then let it sit until you feel like looking at cats again (and make sure to refill the food every now and then so you keep getting an influx of cats)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I have significantly less of a problem with it than stuff like Tiny Tower (which is kinda in the same vein) because it's not really the same kind of absurd Skinner box

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mierenneuker posted:

Forget it Jake, it's a mobile game.

that explains everything.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I have significantly less of a problem with it than stuff like Tiny Tower (which is kinda in the same vein) because it's not really the same kind of absurd Skinner box

can't believe those goons won app of the year for that bullshit.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

I would loving kill to see this movie directed by Takashi Miike in the style of Happiness of the Katakuris.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Groovelord Neato posted:

that explains everything.

can't believe those goons won app of the year for that bullshit.

I swear I missed something because Tiny Tower gets such praise and all I saw was just them trying to take my money

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they made real games but i don't think they sold well so they sold their soul to the devil and made an awful button simulator. probably rich as kings now.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's a cute game with a nice art aesthetic.

Then you play it last about 4 hours and you realize everything will take 12 hours to build and you lose all sense of care.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Genisys also suffered, in my opinion, from badly miscasting the male and female leads for the romance. She was half his size, and looked to be about half his age. Made the entire thing really drat creepy.

Wow they had no chemistry but creepy is really pushing it, they are literally both the same age. Anyway Genesys was really stupid but I also really enjoyed it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Wandle Cax posted:

Wow they had no chemistry but creepy is really pushing it, they are literally both the same age. Anyway Genesys was really stupid but I also really enjoyed it.

First time I saw the trailer I could have sworn the premise was they picked up Sarah when she was teenager.

Girl looked like a kid.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Yeah she's young looking and petite and also bad at acting and totally miscast to be 'badass'. Someone took a flier on her because of GoT and who knows about Jai Courtney.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Neo Rasa posted:

I would loving kill to see this movie directed by Takashi Miike in the style of Happiness of the Katakuris.

Make it Shinya Tsukamoto and the protagonist body turning into cats.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Ammanas posted:

Yeah she's young looking and petite and also bad at acting and totally miscast to be 'badass'. Someone took a flier on her because of GoT and who knows about Jai Courtney.

Jai Courtney getting any work as an actor at all is still a mystery to me.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Tars Tarkas posted:

No Tubbs, no buy

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

He got his big break as a sidekick on the first season of Spartacus. Then for some reason he kept getting cast as these stoic "badass" characters when the role that got him noticed was more of a good natured joker.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Neo Rasa posted:

Remember when David Schwimmer was pushed as some romcom lead?

Hollywood gets some weird hangups sometimes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Groovelord Neato posted:

they made real games but i don't think they sold well so they sold their soul to the devil and made an awful button simulator. probably rich as kings now.

The train one is pretty cute.

But yeah their "real game" Nimble Quest was not only a real game but was also really, really good.

It sold like hot dogshit. Mobile gaming is the armpit of the gaming world (with very rare exceptions like Square-Enix's "GO" series - Lara Croft GO, Hitman GO, and Deus Ex GO - that are genuinely really well done and aren't limited by touchscreen controls).

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

muscles like this! posted:

He got his big break as a sidekick on the first season of Spartacus. Then for some reason he kept getting cast as these stoic "badass" characters when the role that got him noticed was more of a good natured joker.

Yeah, honestly he was really good on Spartacus. I'd kinda like to see him play a Varro type again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

precision posted:

The train one is pretty cute.

But yeah their "real game" Nimble Quest was not only a real game but was also really, really good.

It sold like hot dogshit. Mobile gaming is the armpit of the gaming world (with very rare exceptions like Square-Enix's "GO" series - Lara Croft GO, Hitman GO, and Deus Ex GO - that are genuinely really well done and aren't limited by touchscreen controls).

they made a kart racer for pc called zero gear whose claim to fame was i believe the demo version would allow you to pirate any game on steam.

• Locked thread