Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

whiteyfats posted:

It'd be nice to live somewhere that isn't 97 degrees with 99% humidity everyday.

Word.

I routinely connect with people over how terrible FL is, like yesterday the guy at the gym front desk apparently grew up down the road from me. Got out as soon as he could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

vikingstrike posted:

Having 300 days of sunshine is pretty great tbh

whiteyfats posted:

It'd be nice to live somewhere that isn't 97 degrees with 99% humidity everyday.

Southern California is very dope

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Come to the mid-Atlantic and experience the worst of both worlds. October's nice though.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LLCoolJD posted:

I'd consider moving to the Pacific NW if it didn't mean needing a million dollars for a starter home.

Portland isn't nearly that bad yet, but also don't more here, nobody else move here please.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Yesterday it was mid 50s and sunny here in Chicago!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

People in Pennsylvania can't understand a drat thing I say. They also can't name places well; King of Prussia is hella dumb. This is why that one guy didn't vote for them to get in the playoffs.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Warbird posted:

People in Pennsylvania can't understand a drat thing I say. They also can't name places well; King of Prussia is hella dumb. This is why that one guy didn't vote for them to get in the playoffs.

KOP, PA is named after the old King of Prussia Inn which was named after Frederick the Great, King of Prussia

very simple

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Manoueverable posted:

PNW summers are quite seriously the best weather on the planet imo but um yes actually we do get less than 50 days of sunshine a year. Please don't move here, it's awful. Yeah.

Counterpoint: Nike sucks and scoreboard and wait gently caress

Actually Eugene is a pretty decent town and now that the streak is over I hope we have a real tense game of the year caliber match-up one of these years :)

Real talk, I feel like the Oregon/Washington rivalry is kinda dying down in intensity. Or at least in terms of actual animosity. It's still a rivalry of convenience, but most Oregon fans seem to hate Stanford a lot more than Washington these days. Hell a lot of people I know around Eugene were actually happy to see Washington doing well and representing the Pac 12 in the playoffs. Plus y'all beating us this year helped put like 6 nails in Helfrich's coffin.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Real talk, I feel like the Oregon/Washington rivalry is kinda dying down in intensity. Or at least in terms of actual animosity. It's still a rivalry of convenience, but most Oregon fans seem to hate Stanford a lot more than Washington these days. Hell a lot of people I know around Eugene were actually happy to see Washington doing well and representing the Pac 12 in the playoffs. Plus y'all beating us this year helped put like 6 nails in Helfrich's coffin.

Give it a few years though as UW continues its rise. I expect Stanford to be less of a concern in that case and Duck fans focus their hate on the Huskies and Beaves.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Virginia gets all 4 seasons but spring and fall are pretty amazing. It's a great median state for weather, you get a bit of everything but never to the extreme. When it's hot its 90 not 105, when it's cold it's 20 not 0, when it snows you get 4-8 inches not 12-18 (a massively underappreciated fact when you go from being a kid to owning your own home).

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

TFF, my first child was born on friday. My mom brought him a little UGA football and I told him welcome to a lifetime of disappointment and next year is our years. Better to set the record straight from day one and just abandon all hope from the get-go.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Gj dude, changing diapers really isnt too bad apart from the smell, it's best to just do it asap to get rid of the stink, dont even argue about turns or anything.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

KKKLIP ART posted:

TFF, my first child was born on friday. My mom brought him a little UGA football and I told him welcome to a lifetime of disappointment and next year is our years. Better to set the record straight from day one and just abandon all hope from the get-go.

Congrats! We five weeks in and still alive. It's a lot of fun

got any sevens posted:

Gj dude, changing diapers really isnt too bad apart from the smell, it's best to just do it asap to get rid of the stink, dont even argue about turns or anything.

This is true

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

got any sevens posted:

Definitely this. Congrats.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

KKKLIP ART posted:

Congratulations, man. Hey listen, do you think you can you have another child the Friday before the Super Bowl, this might be the beginning of a lucky ritual

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pakled posted:

Congratulations, man. Hey listen, do you think you can you have another child the Friday before the Super Bowl, this might be the beginning of a lucky ritual

I'll ask the wife about it, see what she says.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Congrats, he is destined to enjoy many infuriatingly futile seasons that still contain an inexplicable victory over Auburn.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Congrats, he is destined to enjoy many infuriatingly futile seasons that still contain an inexplicable victory over Auburn.

Its the small things in life, at least.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

got any sevens posted:

He's a TFF regular... he's used to a never ending stream of poo poo coming from a bunch of screaming children.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Congrats man, 13 weeks tomorrow for me.

Parenthood is incredible and terrifying.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Lol if you would bring kids into this lovely world

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
what a bunch of loving idiots hvaing children what are you IJNSNAE

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I think we should all get together and hate USC.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Scionix posted:

what a bunch of loving idiots hvaing children what are you IJNSNAE

that's just filling up slots you need for blue chips

sorry son but our contention window is limited... i'm gonna have to ask you to greyshirt *starts pushing baby back inside womb*

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

vyst posted:

Lol if you would bring kids into this lovely world

My wife wants a second one. My boy is only a year old :negative:

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

I will only accept Big 10 mods from teams with a middling to moderately good profile on average so uh, Nebraska and that one guy from Northwestern.

Make that one NW poster mod. Build him a throne of hats.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I want someone who only believes in vinegar-based BBQ sauce

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/PickSixPreviews/status/823363879115849728

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I thought they all had to be on the Patriots until I remembered Mo Sanu went to Rutgers

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

The enemies of... oh nevermind.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fau-owls/fau-blog/sfl-lane-kiffin-jokes-about-departure-from-alabama-20170120-story.html

quote:

Here are Kiffin’s remarks Friday night:

“I remembered a story that I just told earlier to a couple of people. And please make sure you don’t tell this story anywhere or put this online anywhere, which you’re going to do, so thanks a lot. I was really excited about this job so I begged them to hire me because the area. I knew the great players around here. I knew that we could hire a great staff and win a lot of championships here. Nobody knows this story, including our athletic director, he doesn’t know it either.

“The president said, after the interview, ‘We’re very impressed with you. We want to hire you. But I have to have a conversation with you and no one else can know this conversation. The conversation is this. I know Clemson’s really, really good, especially on offense, but here’s the problem. The playoffs are already set.’ He said ‘Alabama’s going to go beat Washington. I know we’re going to beat Ohio State because our athletic director is from there so we know they’re no good.’ He said to me ‘Here’s the deal. After you guys beat Washington and we crush Ohio State’ -- Ohio State didn’t score that day, I don’t think. Did they? He said here’s the thing ‘In order for me to give you this job, you cannot coach the national championship game. I have to make sure that Clemson wins the game.’ That was very difficult. That shows you how much I believe in this place.

“My president is happy. Nick Saban is not.”

:staredog:

:unsmith:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
If that is even remotely true then Lane Kiffin for TFF Mod.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Congratulations. In my experience, a baby requires more phone posting.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

LLCoolJD posted:

Congratulations. In my experience, a baby requires more phone posting.

Yep. One handed too.

This seems almost too perfect.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Kiffin is my spirit animal

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

KKKLIP ART posted:

I have a little girl due in about 10 days, planning on doing the same with her little Tennessee outfit.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

vikingstrike posted:

This seems almost too perfect.
It would be an extremely Kiffin thing to do.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I have a little girl due in about 10 days, planning on doing the same with her little Tennessee outfit.

You know, you could throw a crimson jersey on that kiddo and tell her that you're a Tide household and she'd be none the wiser. This your opportunity to get out!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Warbird posted:

It would be an extremely Kiffin thing to do.

You know, you could throw a crimson jersey on that kiddo and tell her that you're a Tide household and she'd be none the wiser. This your opportunity to get out!

I've already spent the last few months whispering into the womb that you can never trust a man named Butch.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I've already spent the last few months whispering into the womb that you can never trust a man named Butch.

drat that is an awesome av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I can kinda believe that story. The FAU president came from Clemson. I worked at FAU when he became president and got to sit in on some of the initial interviews with candidates as a grad school rep.

• Locked thread