Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

La Brea Carpet posted:

1.) Dude is a shithead and the chick is awesome
2.) Do the math on when they started dating....

This woman is the shining example of how to perfectly deal with a cheater.

Well, besides :murder:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

lmao if ur body hair isnt so thick you're mistake for sasquatch when you go shirtless

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

This is manly. It's okay for a man to look manly. These hairs are natural.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
:murder:

My [29M] family has been treating my wife [25F] disrespectfully, huge fallout, what now?

Hey, Reddit! Sorry if this is a little all over the place or confusing, this is my first time posting here.

My wife "Kate" and I have been married for four years, together for a total of nearly eight years. I love Kate more than anything and I'm so happy that I get to spend the rest of my life with her. We make a great team. We are expecting our first child and we're super excited! :)

My family has always been polite to Kate, but it was obvious that they didn't really like her that much from the start, mostly due to her "upbringing" according to them. This pissed me off and led to me limiting contact with most of them, but we still see them sometimes because we want to spend time with my mom and sister.

My mom and older sister are the only ones in my family that genuinely like Kate and aren't just being polite for my sake, they welcomed her into the family with open arms. Kate loves them and feels like she's part of the family when it comes to them. I think my mom has taken on a motherly role with Kate because Kate never really had a loving mom.

Kate lost her parents to a murder/suicide when she was entering high school (which was obviously extremely traumatic for her, she was there to witness it); she and her little sister then went from foster home to foster home for four years. Kate had basically raised her little sister since she was born, they were incredibly close and they loved each other a lot. Shortly after we started dating, Kate's little sister died in a car accident. There was also a lot of abuse during Kate's childhood (both of her parents were drug addicts, abusive, just terrible people before they died). She has been in therapy since to deal with the trauma and grief from these incidents.

Anyways, my family is "higher class" and I had "a more disciplined upbringing" compared to Kate (their words, not mine). They claim that because I went to a private school and served in the Marines, I'm somehow a better person than Kate.

It literally has nothing to do with Kate's personality; she is beyond respectful, even cried at family Christmas because she was so thankful for the gifts my mother and sister got her. She's nothing but sweet, grateful, and kind to my family. It's all because her childhood wasn't "good enough." Which is why we rarely visit anymore.

We recently got together with my family to catch up. Kate and I had planned to announce the pregnancy, and we were both excited. The previous visit to family a few months before had been pleasant, so we hoped that this would go smoothly. Lmao.

The announcement started off fine; we told everyone, my mom and sister got excited, we were congratulated. My dad and brother, however, didn't seem happy at all. My brother pulled me aside to talk to me. He said,

"Seriously, you knocked her up? Get an abortion before it's too late."

Kate and I had been trying for a baby, and I told him to shut the gently caress up and stop being a dick. Our baby is more than wanted. He seemed pissed off, but shut up and went back into the living room.

We hung out for a little bit and caught up (it had been months since we'd last talked to them). My mom was talking to Kate about baby names, what gender would it be, etc. My sister was talking to me about how excited she was for us. My dad and brother were silent.

Out of nowhere, my brother asks about our last pregnancy, which ended in a miscarriage at 30 weeks. Kate immediately went silent and I just couldn't believe he'd bring that up. I told him that we'd rather not talk about it, it was a horrible loss for both of us and we wanted to focus on the good news.

He laughs, laughs, and says that maybe we'd get lucky and lose this one too because we're "too pussy to get an abortion." My dad laughs and agrees. They start talking about how Kate would be a terrible mother, how I'm "pussy-whipped," and that we'd probably lose the baby. He called Kate a "trashy crack whore," along with some other expletives.

They have literally never said anything this awful before, ever. I don't know if the pregnancy announcement made them more hostile or something, but this was a whole new level of cruelty.

I usually never resort to violence, but I started screaming at them, grabbed my brother and punched him square in the face. I honestly don't remember what I was saying to him but I was pissed.

My mom and sister get me off of my brother; they were crying and begging me to stop. It snapped me out of it and I just said we were going to leave. I found Kate outside, crying, and it broke my loving heart. We left.

After that, I don't want Kate to ever have to hear anything like that again. I'm willing to go no contact, but Kate feels guilty. She says that she feels like she's tearing my family apart. I'm trying to reassure her that this isn't her fault, my dad and brother said truly horrible and unforgivable things and that's their fault. She still feels like she's to blame somehow.

My mother and sister apologized for my dad and brother's behavior, specifically to Kate, but we aren't ready to approach the issue.

For the time being, I haven't said anything to my family. But I don't know what to do next. Should we maintain a relationship with my mom and sister? Should we go 100% NC indefinitely?

I feel like I've just lost my entire family and it hurts. It hurts that they'd treat my wife this way. I don't know what to do. Please help.

TL;DR: Huge family fallout, family is in shambles. What now?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

zakharov posted:

WrenP for god's sake format your copy/pastes, they are unreadable as is.

Sorry! Hope I fixed them now.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

My [29M] family has been treating my wife [25F] disrespectfully, huge fallout, what now?

Hey, Reddit! Sorry if this is a little all over the place or confusing, this is my first time posting here.

My wife "Kate" and I have been married for four years, together for a total of nearly eight years. I love Kate more than anything and I'm so happy that I get to spend the rest of my life with her. We make a great team. We are expecting our first child and we're super excited! :)

My family has always been polite to Kate, but it was obvious that they didn't really like her that much from the start, mostly due to her "upbringing" according to them. This pissed me off and led to me limiting contact with most of them, but we still see them sometimes because we want to spend time with my mom and sister.

My mom and older sister are the only ones in my family that genuinely like Kate and aren't just being polite for my sake, they welcomed her into the family with open arms. Kate loves them and feels like she's part of the family when it comes to them. I think my mom has taken on a motherly role with Kate because Kate never really had a loving mom.

Kate lost her parents to a murder/suicide when she was entering high school (which was obviously extremely traumatic for her, she was there to witness it); she and her little sister then went from foster home to foster home for four years. Kate had basically raised her little sister since she was born, they were incredibly close and they loved each other a lot. Shortly after we started dating, Kate's little sister died in a car accident. There was also a lot of abuse during Kate's childhood (both of her parents were drug addicts, abusive, just terrible people before they died). She has been in therapy since to deal with the trauma and grief from these incidents.

Anyways, my family is "higher class" and I had "a more disciplined upbringing" compared to Kate (their words, not mine). They claim that because I went to a private school and served in the Marines, I'm somehow a better person than Kate.

It literally has nothing to do with Kate's personality; she is beyond respectful, even cried at family Christmas because she was so thankful for the gifts my mother and sister got her. She's nothing but sweet, grateful, and kind to my family. It's all because her childhood wasn't "good enough." Which is why we rarely visit anymore.

We recently got together with my family to catch up. Kate and I had planned to announce the pregnancy, and we were both excited. The previous visit to family a few months before had been pleasant, so we hoped that this would go smoothly. Lmao.

The announcement started off fine; we told everyone, my mom and sister got excited, we were congratulated. My dad and brother, however, didn't seem happy at all. My brother pulled me aside to talk to me. He said,

Kate and I had been trying for a baby, and I told him to shut the gently caress up and stop being a dick. Our baby is more than wanted. He seemed pissed off, but shut up and went back into the living room.

We hung out for a little bit and caught up (it had been months since we'd last talked to them). My mom was talking to Kate about baby names, what gender would it be, etc. My sister was talking to me about how excited she was for us. My dad and brother were silent.

Out of nowhere, my brother asks about our last pregnancy, which ended in a miscarriage at 30 weeks. Kate immediately went silent and I just couldn't believe he'd bring that up. I told him that we'd rather not talk about it, it was a horrible loss for both of us and we wanted to focus on the good news.

He laughs, laughs, and says that maybe we'd get lucky and lose this one too because we're "too pussy to get an abortion." My dad laughs and agrees. They start talking about how Kate would be a terrible mother, how I'm "pussy-whipped," and that we'd probably lose the baby. He called Kate a "trashy crack whore," along with some other expletives.

They have literally never said anything this awful before, ever. I don't know if the pregnancy announcement made them more hostile or something, but this was a whole new level of cruelty.

I usually never resort to violence, but I started screaming at them, grabbed my brother and punched him square in the face. I honestly don't remember what I was saying to him but I was pissed.

My mom and sister get me off of my brother; they were crying and begging me to stop. It snapped me out of it and I just said we were going to leave. I found Kate outside, crying, and it broke my loving heart. We left.

After that, I don't want Kate to ever have to hear anything like that again. I'm willing to go no contact, but Kate feels guilty. She says that she feels like she's tearing my family apart. I'm trying to reassure her that this isn't her fault, my dad and brother said truly horrible and unforgivable things and that's their fault. She still feels like she's to blame somehow.

My mother and sister apologized for my dad and brother's behavior, specifically to Kate, but we aren't ready to approach the issue.

For the time being, I haven't said anything to my family. But I don't know what to do next. Should we maintain a relationship with my mom and sister? Should we go 100% NC indefinitely?

I feel like I've just lost my entire family and it hurts. It hurts that they'd treat my wife this way. I don't know what to do. Please help.

100% no contact is the answer imo

Don't even tell mom why. She'll know.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Burn the rich.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'd say you could still have a relationship with the mother and sister who both seem fine.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

I'd say you could still have a relationship with the mother and sister who both seem fine.

That relationship can't really exist past phone calls and christmas cards by proximity to dad though

Completely dropping off the face of the earth levies real consequences on the shitheads who drove you out of the family, though, and you can always resolve no contact after the earth's been scorched a bit.

edit: seriously though where do you think that marriage is going to be when mom's gotta go on facebook to see pictures of her 3 y/o grandkid she's never met or spoken to because her shitheaded husband couldn't keep his abortion jokes to himself during the pregnancy announcement?

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 23, 2017

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

It's such a relief to read a story where the person stands up for their partner after so many posts where they don't whether it's real physical danger, sexual assault, or people just being mean to them.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Mom and sister can visit him and Kate but I certainly would never talk to the dad or brother ever again

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mirthless posted:

That relationship can't really exist past phone calls and christmas cards by proximity to dad though

Sure it can, just invite the husband, daughter, and their new baby over when the grandfather is out of town and the crappy son isn't there.

The sister can just keep doing everything normally, there's no insinuation that she lives with her parents or anything. She should she suffer any fallout for her father and other brother sucking? That's stupid.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Mirthless posted:

Yeah it can? The mother and sister can visit without the father and brother. Even on holidays.

It's win-win for everyone except the mother and sister who have to put up with the father+brother's poo poo.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

Sure it can, just invite the husband, daughter, and their new baby over when the grandfather is out of town and the crappy son isn't there.

The sister can just keep doing everything normally, there's no insinuation that she lives with her parents or anything. She should she suffer any fallout for her father and other brother sucking? That's stupid.

Have to admit my real priority is making poo poo bad enough for so many people that sheer social consequences bring harm to the dad

Most of my side of my family is lovely in similar ways (though, thankfully, not to my partner) and in my experience the only way to make those people eat poo poo is to make them feel pain, and when they don't respect you enough to let you hurt them, you've got to do it through the other people that surround them.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Good on that guy for straight up punching his brother.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.
holy loving lol if any of my family talked like that about my S/O it would be :murder: all around

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

Me [25F] with my boyfriend [32M] he feels ''lied'' to, because I never told him my ex was a different race

quote:

My ex and I dated from when we were 15/14 till we were 23. It was a pretty serious relationship, we moved in, got engaged and done typical couple stuff.

Unfortunately things were just not working, so we mutually decided to split up, we thought going on contact would be best because we had a lot of feelings for each other.

When I turned 24 I started dating my new boyfriend (M). I told him I'd dated before and told him my past, but I left out that my ex was a different race, not because I was ashamed or anything but because I just didn't feel it was important at all, I was in a new relationship and things were going good.

So by now we've been dating for over a year and things are going great, we decided to go out for a meal and just as luck would have it my ex is there with his close friend, they wave me over and now that the feelings towards him have faded I walk over and introduce my boyfriend.

At first he was relaxed and okay, then he asked how we knew each other. I just giggled and said this is my ex remember the one I told you about. He was obviously a bit shocked but didn't try to act it.

We smiled and went for our meal.

When we got home he was distance and grumpy. I ask him what is wrong

M- You never told me he was black

I didn't really think it mattered

M- Yeah, well it kinda does.

Er, why does it? I'm dating you now not him silly

M- well things like that bug me

Him being black?

M- I feel lied to and cheated.

What the hell are you on about, why does it matter so much?

M- You never told me, I barely know anything about this guy urg I could have an STD

He's a psychologist and lost his virginity to me and we never slept around so just shut up

M- I don't need to hear poo poo like that.

He storms off in a mood and since then we've both been very very frosty.

I have no idea how to approach the situation, he's never said anything racist before or even remotely bad about race. So I'm not sure if he is a racist or not.

He's usually a great guy and i have no idea why he feels lied and cheated to over this.

tl;dr: boyfriend found out my ex is a blackman, boyfriend now thinks he's been cheated and I'm a lair and I have no idea what to think

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

How can I [21/F] tell my bf [22/M] that he is mentally ill?

quote:

Personal issues
submitted an hour ago by JamesJJJamesJJ

Sorry if this is a lot but this is a short as I can get about the situation.

We've almost been dating for a year, and it's been great. However, my boyfriend shows signs of mental illness. He has confided with me that he has been diagnosed with depression, and he has anger and emotional issues (which stem from a long bad history with his family who are all pieces of poo poo, but that's a long story). He knows he feels like this sometimes, but when we fight about things, his 'side' of the arguments are not coming from a place of logic, and while they make sense to him, everyone else around him sees that it is an unhealthy way to deal with those problems. He's very alone right now, has little money and is in a bad place, because we've been arguing on and off every other day for almost a week. I worry and care about him, and my friends (as well as his) agree that he is not mentally well.

How do I tell him this though without sounding rude? Because we keep trying to fix our relationship, but you can't make a relationship work if he is mentally and emotionally hurting, because the relationship will just fall back into old habits. I've been contemplating ending the relationship, because it is negatively affecting me and my feelings and we just aren't on the same level in our lives, but that's hard because: 1-I love him and don't want to give up and 2-I worry that if I do end it that will just make him spiral out even more and worse and he is going to end up hurting himself (he has been suicidal in his past, not since i've known him) and I would feel horrible because I feel like it's my fault that this is happening when i'm only ever trying to help us, and all his life he's used to people abandoning him. The one thing I know for sure is that our relationship isn't healthy and isn't working with what we're doing right now. He's emotionally manipulative, but I feel like he doesn't actually realize what he's doing, he's not doing it maliciously.

So I guess, my question is, how can I bring these things up to him without him getting angry and upset? I don't think you can just tell someone 'I feel like you are mentally unstable' because if he can't see that about himself, me telling him that would just end up being me criticizing him and not respecting his feelings. I just worry because he's in a bad place right now, and it feels like anything i try to do to make it better sets him off, and if I leave that would send him over the edge.

tl;dr: Boyfriend shows signs of being mentally and emotionally unwell, how do I bring this up respectfully without pushing him further away?

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

Me [25F] with my boyfriend [32M] he feels ''lied'' to, because I never told him my ex was a different race

I'm not sure if he is a racist but he literally thinks black people are dirty with STDs and was only fine with my history so long as it was racially pure. Good grief.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

I hope this racist dickbag gets punched in the face like Richard Spencer.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

He's obsessing over the ex's dick size since he's black.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

let me help: he's a racist

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

but when we fight about things, his 'side' of the arguments are not coming from a place of logic,

Gaslighting! Gaslighting!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
seriously. he's a racist.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

my boyfriend hates black people, is it possible that he could be a secret racist?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

This one almost makes me wonder if there's way more to the story otherwise these guys are literally just comic book villains for apparently no reason.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

ArbitraryC posted:

This one almost makes me wonder if there's way more to the story otherwise these guys are literally just comic book villains for apparently no reason.

Maybe his wife is a shade or two darker than his family?

Maybe she has a few tats/piercings?

It's an interesting guessing game.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Dude is definitely racist, but note that he lost his virginity to her and they've been dating a year, so he was a 30-year-old virgin. I almost guarantee he's having sexual insecurity/BIG BLACK COCK!! anxiety. Bets that this guy has an average-sized penis and is obsessed with having its size validated?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

La Brea Carpet posted:

yeah if it was overt racism or something it would almost make sense but the way the op wrote it as "they hate her because her family died" just seems so off the wall I just can't wrap my head around it.

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

Dude is definitely racist, but note that he lost his virginity to her and they've been dating a year, so he was a 30-year-old virgin. I almost guarantee he's having sexual insecurity/BIG BLACK COCK!! anxiety. Bets that this guy has an average-sized penis and is obsessed with having its size validated?

uh the black ex lost his virginity to her, there's no mention of racist's virginity

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

ArbitraryC posted:

yeah if it was overt racism or something it would almost make sense but the way the op wrote it as "they hate her because her family died" just seems so off the wall I just can't wrap my head around it.

Some people can be really lovely about foster kids, especially since foster kids can have a hard time in early adulthood. Combine that with drug associations with the family and I can see how lovely dudes (who probably have never meaningfully interacted with Kate and don't want to) could jump to thinking she's a trashy crackwhore/golddigger/insert misogynistic insult here.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

My (30M) GF(25M) went out and partied till 8am last night, used coke and then breastfed our son.
Just wanna use the new :murder: emote cause I haven't yet

:murder: :murder: :murder::murder::murder:

from the comments

quote:

Based on the toxicity exhibited in the infant after exposure via the milk, maternal cocaine use during breastfeeding should be strongly discouraged and considered contraindicated. Obviously, mothers should also be warned against using the drug topically for nipple soreness. The American Academy of Pediatrics classifies the use of cocaine as contraindicated during breastfeeding (73).

i just really love the deadpan tone of this one.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

La Brea Carpet posted:

One of these or hick accent, gotta be. If it was just lovely background alone with no visible evidence of being a filthy untermensch they'd be way more passive-aggressive about it, instead of feeling free to poo poo on her openly like nobody could possibly see anything wrong with it

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 23, 2017

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I thought it was also because Kate is *gasp*, poor.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

may i somehow be the first to say: :sever:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Your BF is an redpill waiting to happen, dump his dumbass and run

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Xun posted:

I thought it was also because Kate is *gasp*, poor.

Yep. Even with some guys I've dated who have rich/well-connected parents, they'd ask what my parents do and I'd say "my dad's in QA/disabled and my mom's a lab tech" and they'd be skeeved out and tell him to stay away from me or whatever. We were pretty solidly middle class.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

quote:

I'm in a small group in my school where we, occasionally, organize activities to go out together. One day, they've all decided they want to visit children in an orphanage. I mean I really HATE children, so I completely disagree. I spoke up honestly about my feelings and I've been called cruel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Antivehicular posted:

Bets that this guy has an average-sized penis and is obsessed with having its size validated?

Just whip it out in public like a normal person