Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Cheap Trick posted:

Maybe a few bucks, I can't remember. Best characters I have so far are 4* Edgar and 4* Luna.

I linked my account to Facebook anyway since I had to move between phones as well so rip me I guess

It's fine. Orlandu is a trap banner. Get your bunnygirl and the equipment you can for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Go RV! posted:

It's fine. Orlandu is a trap banner. Get your bunnygirl and the equipment you can for her.

Right, as much as I'd normally say keep rerolling for an uber unit, Leather Bunny Singer is limited and pretty drat decent for a new player (and easy to gear, important). Not only that but we also have Rain's 6* as well so you can use those to carry until you snag an uber unit.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Yeah I was surprised that I muddled through a couple of the event dungeons and was able to make her microphone already. I am very okay with this

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I was able to get all of Dangerous Latte's equipment in 24 hours of doing nothing but that event.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:crossarms:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Type 0's units have some real odd animations.

I mean, I like Ace's victory animation because it reminds me of Refia's, but Seven... I think that's her near-death stance?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah it's her critical HP sprite and it honestly just look like the one "paint me" pose.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cheap Trick posted:

Maybe a few bucks, I can't remember. Best characters I have so far are 4* Edgar and 4* Luna.

I linked my account to Facebook anyway since I had to move between phones as well so rip me I guess

There is a way to unlink your account and then link a new one, but it sounds like kind of a hassle (you basically unauthorize the app in FB and log completely out of everything).

I would just create a fake FB account and set everything to private and upload a few token pictures, add some close friends, etc.

Honestly if Edgar and Luna are you best characters I'd reroll so fast when Orlandu hits. Forget Ariana, getting the best unit in the game guaranteed, is going to last you a lot longer than a free unit that isn't even going to see play in many F2P parties.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
So if I have all the tickets and gigantaurs from Akademia, would my time be better spent running Hidden Maze rather than trying to get the six star materials from Akademia? Since I haven't bothered pulling for any Type-0 characters I know it's not worth going for the Trust Moogles.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

You know what this game needs? A real money auction house. To sell evolved units and the like. Gumi could take a cut of the sales - everyone would make money and everyone would win. There is no down side.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Some Chinese stuff showed up in the Announcements.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Some Chinese stuff showed up in the Announcements.

I don't see it. I did get the chinese new year bundle in the shop though. Doesn't seem worth it. 300 lapis packs are nice though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The $50 bundle is a better deal than just buying $50 in Lapis, but it depends on how much you like to :shepspends: towards Gumi...

If you plan to use the Lapis for macroing, it's a good investment. Save the tickets for the never gonna come Orlandu banner.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cartoon Man posted:

The $50 bundle is a better deal than just buying $50 in Lapis, but it depends on how much you like to :shepspends: towards Gumi...

True, I guess we won't be seeing anything like the christmas bundle again any time soon, will we?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
lol

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know the 30k Moogle isn't really worth it since I macro, but man is it tempting when Cecil is at 88.6% I can just get him to 90 and wait for the end of the month login Moogle I guess.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

KDdidit posted:

I know the 30k Moogle isn't really worth it since I macro, but man is it tempting when Cecil is at 88.6% I can just get him to 90 and wait for the end of the month login Moogle I guess.

30k is worth it if you have 3 banner characters and can bring a friend Ace or Seven. The Doublecorn seems to appearing more frequently, to me at least. The 70k? Hell no.

Edit: when I say it's worth it, I mean in a sense of trying to stash as many moogles as you can. It's not unthinkable to get 10 of them and be able to instantly get a TM reward if you get that rare pull some day. Otherwise yes, the energy spent on the 30k moogle is probably more efficient to spend on 5 characters macroing.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jan 23, 2017

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hmmm. I can do Pro with 4 Treys and 1 Seven of my own with a friend Noctis and kill the 2corn every time. May just do that and see how much I end up with before I pick.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I got all my main dudes (CoD, Cecil, Refia, Noctis, DFina) leveled, finished the current story, beat the first 3 trials, and got 2 hero rings cooking with one done and one being farmed. I'm not real sure what to do after that though. TM farm I guess? Level espers? I'm also working through the colosseum but I'm not gonna waste lapis on energy refills there.

Edit: Just pulled my first Zidane so TM farming it is.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 23, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
sweet got a zidane on the daily

time for some lapis tm grinding

is everyone solely doing maze now? i still have stuff i can buy from akademia but don't really think i'll need all those megacites etc

then again i have 100+ gigantaurs sitting around already too so dunno haha

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I have so many cactuars right now that I can't hold them all. Not sure if doing the maze is too good for me then, but there's not much left for me to get from the type-0 event so maybe I should just level up Rain or something

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I need to grind out another ~20-30 Akademeia runs, so please keep those units up!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cry Havoc posted:

sweet got a zidane on the daily

time for some lapis tm grinding

is everyone solely doing maze now? i still have stuff i can buy from akademia but don't really think i'll need all those megacites etc

then again i have 100+ gigantaurs sitting around already too so dunno haha

It's not difficult to get all the megacites and we are getting a new esper soon.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Mile'ionaha posted:

I need to grind out another ~20-30 Akademeia runs, so please keep those units up!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

It's not difficult to get all the megacites and we are getting a new esper soon.

I have 30+ of every megacite and a whole bunch of regular magicite, would that be enough for Odin?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There's always going to be a new esper down the road and we have gone through some megacite dry spells. You might have enough now, but there will always be more needed.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Indeed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HAf0jQtOFQ

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm glad my good friend Setzer gets some love! God knows someone on the FF6 cast deserved it.

Cartoon Man posted:

There's always going to be a new esper down the road and we have gone through some megacite dry spells. You might have enough now, but there will always be more needed.

Well, the next three espers are Titan (orange magicite), Lakshmi (neutral), and Tetra Sylph (green magicite), so I guess I'll buy the green and orange ones and hoard those.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

rio posted:

You know what this game needs? A real money auction house. To sell evolved units and the like. Gumi could take a cut of the sales - everyone would make money and everyone would win. There is no down side.

The downside is Gumi would actually make less money, a lot less. There's a reason no gacha games do this (aside from laws that might prohibit it) and it's not because a multi-billion dollar industry hasn't thought of it.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
5* ExDeath hit 20/20 on his Limit Burst, so he got a 6* upgrade. 3350 points for level 21...goddamn. Level 25 is going to take a while. At least I can actually start using him now!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Voodoo posted:

5* ExDeath hit 20/20 on his Limit Burst, so he got a 6* upgrade. 3350 points for level 21...goddamn. Level 25 is going to take a while. At least I can actually start using him now!

Just got to this point with my leveling Cecil. Once I awoken him to 6 stars I was able to cactaur him up to 100 and switch out my original Cecil. OG Cecil is also almost done cooking an Excal too. Once that's done, I'll sell him for Gil and probably shed a tear at the same time, but I have no use for two maxed out Cecil's, especially since WoL is due for 6 stars soon.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i actually have a shitload of event currency as to burn down my energy i've been running elite with 4x event characters, an exdeath and a friend ace. apparently 650~ event currency for 13 energy really starts to add up :v:

i wasnt really paying attention and i way overshot the 30k moogle and have like 45k right now, i wonder what i should do

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

i actually have a shitload of event currency as to burn down my energy i've been running elite with 4x event characters, an exdeath and a friend ace. apparently 650~ event currency for 13 energy really starts to add up :v:

i wasnt really paying attention and i way overshot the 30k moogle and have like 45k right now, i wonder what i should do

This King Mog has sacred crystals and megacite which you may not need now, but could always use later. Both of those don't usually show up in the King Mog store.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
So are those dodge materia worth it for someone like chiz instead of the usual 10 Atk one? I always have a hard time lessening my units Atk when they are my dd dudes like chiz and noctis. I don't have all the megacites yet so I was thinking of getting those first and seeing if I have the time left for the other materia

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Apparently they're only 5%.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
There isn't any rhyme or reason to the Maze right? It is you playing against the RNG as to whether you go the next round or dead-end...right?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

hagie posted:

There isn't any rhyme or reason to the Maze right? It is you playing against the RNG as to whether you go the next round or dead-end...right?

Yup. Except occasionally a Moogle will show up on one of the doors, in which case that door is always good.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

hagie posted:

Don't forget to check for moogles above the door!

Did March of the Beasts. Challenges are cool, but I don't play mobile games to have to play for 30+ minutes at once. Only one close call against Chimera and Antlion. Had 4/6 dead all of a sudden due to Sandstorm/Aqua Breath, used a phoenix down to get Refia back up and survived that turn and then dual full raised to get things back on track. Only used 1 Phoenix Down and 5 Turbo Ethers. Butz killed himself at least 20x during the fight and was the recipient of all the Ethers. If I though about it more I'd have given him the Esper with Osmose, oh well. Had Refia, Cecil, Butz, Dark Fina, Lightning and friend Noctis.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Are the exclusive stat materia for Jack and Trey even worth the phantoma? They're good enough stat increases, but even with those they seem like really subpar units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

And then I pulled and got a Hayate. He any good or not so good?

Also I need to level the freebie bunny to get her Mesmerize so I can get more Notes to make poo poo. God drat caveats.

• Locked thread