Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tae posted:

Still one of the most powerful in the universe, what's the space police gonna do against Champa?

I can't imagine Champa is too happy with Frost in his team either, seeing how he was one step away from destroying the guy after learning just how much of an rear end in a top hat he was.

But when you need muscle, you need muscle, and no one can deny Frost is strong even when he isn't cheating. Add to that that this tournament likely has much more lax rules, if any, considering everyone will die except the winners anyways, and it's the perfect stage for Frost's trickery and power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

I wonder why Frost is being allowed to fight again, since last we heard he was on the run from the space police.

The universe is on the line supposedly so uh you really can't turn down one of your strongest fighters and he has a vested interest in not dying.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

We're going to see Golden Frost square off against Braly.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I suppose. Like Blaze was saying though, if I were Champa I would be concerned about Frost screwing over the team again after what happened in the U6 vs. U7 Tournament.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Funky Valentine posted:

We're going to see Golden Frost square off against Braly.

I hope he goes golden and is known as Yellow Snow from then on.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Burkion posted:

WHOA WHOA WHOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJyUz-Xp6jM&t=12s

THEY DID IT

THEY ACTUALLY DID IT

i cant believe they managed to make this happen. having the TFS voices used as joke actors portraying the real cast, in an actual episode of DBZ, is so good

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Being friends with most of the Funimation cast has been paying off nicely.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
this is all too much hype for one weekend i need to lay down

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

when scally

edit: skipped the past couple pages, holk yfuck

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 23, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Remember that Frost being a space criminal is entirely a Toei invention, and if Toriyama's plans include Frost for the UNIVERSE Survival arc Toei just has to shrug and write around it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Pureauthor posted:

Remember that Frost being a space criminal is entirely a Toei invention, and if Toriyama's plans include Frost for the UNIVERSE Survival arc Toei just has to shrug and write around it.

The manga is not the main canon, the anime is. Writing around it would mean loving up continuity, which while it is a very Toei thing to do, it would also be very weird in a series that's constantly reminded us of a bunch of things from the past perfectly.

Also we saw Frost is still a fugitive only a few episodes ago.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really doubt that every single super-strong fighter in every universe is also a totally legitimate above-the-board individual. Hit is a hitman after all. I don't think there's anything to write around if everyone is bringing their strongest.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Goku murdered a Kaiosama.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

technically cell did

goku did kill his grandpa tho

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I can't help but feel that Thor being able to throw Kamehamehas would solve so many problems

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Darko posted:

I still can't believe -this- is how we're getting our first official female SSJ. Super is the most amazing ridiculous show.

Still disappointed in a lack of Radditz.

Our first official LSSJ

The first official female SSJ is Pan as a fetus

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Parrotine posted:

I can't help but feel that Thor being able to throw Kamehamehas saiyaman beams would solve so many problems

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

18 says "I didn't marry a weakling" and I'm like "well you could still whoop his rear end tbf".

To be fair, if Krillin kept up his training he should be stronger than 18 by now. Tien managed it somehow.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

To be fair, if Krillin kept up his training he should be stronger than 18 by now. Tien managed it somehow.

Tien wasn't ever stronger than 18 that we see. He just had a suicide technique that could overcome the power difference.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Tien wasn't ever stronger than 18 that we see. He just had a suicide technique that could overcome the power difference.

He

MIGHT have been?

At the very end. Strong enough that he didn't get insta killed by super gently caress off Buuhan. It's super hard to say how much stronger he was at the end of the series. He was also the only human who was still training, unlike Krill-master.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Didn't he survive because he dodged it? 18 probably could've done the same thing, but she died sine Buu was actively attacking them up on the lookout. I don't think any of the humans really got to Super Saiyan level, whereas 18 was probably on par with Piccolo fused with Kami.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Momomo posted:

I don't think any of the humans really got to Super Saiyan level

Actually Videl can go toe to toe with SSj Broly. I don't think Super Saiyans are really that tough :shrug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay7KWpwISa0

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
So Broly is now canon. And a girl. I have no idea how to react to this. :psyduck:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DrPaper posted:

Our first official LSSJ

The first official female SSJ is Pan as a fetus

this is a new way to start an abortion debate

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder if the elephant GoD will bring up Zamasu to Beerus.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I hate to break it to you guys, but Krillin and Roshi were always weak to firearms. Goku was shown as immune from his introduction.

No matter the training, Launch perforated both Roshi and Krillin because their skin wasn't tough enough.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Mordaedil posted:

I hate to break it to you guys, but Krillin and Roshi were always weak to firearms. Goku was shown as immune from his introduction.

No matter the training, Launch perforated both Roshi and Krillin because their skin wasn't tough enough.

The Crane Hermit caught Launch's bullets midair in the second tournament arc, Krillin has no excuse.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blaze Dragon posted:

The manga is not the main canon, the anime is.

Why won't this myth die?

Toriyama writes an outline which is given to the cartoon and the comic book. Neither are the "main canon", there's no such thing and the idea that there should be is dumb as hell.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The only canon i want to hear about in dragon Ball is the Special Beam Cannon

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

Why won't this myth die?

Toriyama writes an outline which is given to the cartoon and the comic book. Neither are the "main canon", there's no such thing and the idea that there should be is dumb as hell.

The anime in the "main canon" because it has the Super Blue Kaio-Ken :colbert:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

multijoe posted:

The only canon i want to hear about in dragon Ball is the Special Beam Cannon

For some reason, I originally thought Piccolo called it the Special Bean Cannon, because he was a plant person. I guess that's what I get for watching Z first?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

OB_Juan posted:

For some reason, I originally thought Piccolo called it the Special Bean Cannon, because he was a plant person. I guess that's what I get for watching Z first?

I mean, to be fair it was Demon Light Murder Gun in the original work, which also wouldn't tell you much about What Piccolo Is (besides a stone cold motherfucker). A lot of the "culture" for dragon ball on the west is like ironic love for the very campy early dubs, which I can appreciate.

It pretty much gave us DBZ Abridged, and that's good enough for me.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

deadly_pudding posted:

I mean, to be fair it was Demon Light Murder Gun in the original work, which also wouldn't tell you much about What Piccolo Is (besides a stone cold motherfucker).

Sure it does, it tells you hes a demon.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
If you take western censorship into consideration, "Special Beam Cannon" becomes awfully close, if the above is true.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

The anime is the main canon because nobody reads the loving manga. Same for DBZ and Dragon Ball.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

-Fish- posted:

Same for DBZ and Dragon Ball.

Actually the manga is canon because the anime is completely garbage :smug:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
You're all entitled to whatever headcanons you want.

Toriyama will continue to ignore as many of them as he wants.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He actually consults me for my head canons which is why Super is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Ultimately the original manga run is the only thing that's canon and in line with the vision of Toriyama('s editors)

• Locked thread