Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

feverish and oversexed posted:

God animal crossing would be flipping perfect for mobile. I have a 3ds and that animal crossing but I just don't want to take my 3DS with me everywhere.

I wish they'd just bring it to mobile already. I'd also buy it in a second if it was a up front price. Hopefully at the worst just cosmetic upgrades you could buy? If I had to pay $ for a special looking sofa or whatever but could still complete the normal collections through gameplay that'd be fine with me too.

If there's a large, solid game to begin with, then I sincerely wouldn't care if every single change they got, Nintendo updated Nook in the game with a brand new catalogue you could buy for all sorts of themed things. Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Summer, etc... that's all fine (especially with survey money doing little else in my account).

Just... just give me a good base game, Nintendo :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

There is supposed to be a mobile animal crossing coming before April of this year. Don't know if it's coming to Android or if it's starting with just iOS.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Poops Mcgoots posted:

There is supposed to be a mobile animal crossing coming before April of this year. Don't know if it's coming to Android or if it's starting with just iOS.

Has it been confirmed for before April? I've been waiting for it ever since it was announced, and then it was delayed until this year, but I haven't heard much about it recently.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
If anyone is looking out for a new match-3 game, Super Gridland is a new survival-themed one based on a browser game from a few years back. It reminds me a lot of You Must Build A Boat, though it has more traditional mechanics.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 19, 2017

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Has it been confirmed for before April? I've been waiting for it ever since it was announced, and then it was delayed until this year, but I haven't heard much about it recently.

Yeah, their original statement was that they'd try to have five games out on mobile by March 31, 2017, which would include Fire Emblem:Heroes and the unnamed Animal Crossing title, but apparently Super Mario Run gave them more difficulty than they expected so it delayed the other titles. Fire Emblem is coming out in February though and supposedly Animal Crossing is supposed to still meet their original time table.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
Hey all, we're trying this open beta thing on the Play Store for the first time for our next game Bit City. Would really appreciate it anyone who likes city building or idle/clicker games would take a look!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nimblebit.bitcity

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

eeenmachine posted:

Hey all, we're trying this open beta thing on the Play Store for the first time for our next game Bit City. Would really appreciate it anyone who likes city building or idle/clicker games would take a look!

I'll check it out. What sort of feedback are you looking for and what's the best venue for providing it?

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

eeenmachine posted:

Nimblebit city builder.... iiiiiiit's haaaappening!!!

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

eeenmachine posted:

I'm so hyped right now.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Oh my god as if I needed more distractions. Bring it on, Nimble Bit!

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
Any and all feedback appreciated. I suppose I should make one cross platform beta thread but I hate always having to ask what platform people are on with bug reports.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
What exactly is this doing and should I be pressing it every time it says I have 1 available?

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

rotaryfun posted:

What exactly is this doing and should I be pressing it every time it says I have 1 available?

It upgrades a building to the next level (makes it earn more per second), and yes. It doesn't cost anything to hit. You are just limited by city size to the number of simultaneous upgrades, and each building occupies an upgrade "slot" while it is under construction, which take (increasing amounts of?) time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is there any significant change as you play or is it basically the same mechanics from area 1 until I get bored?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Enigma posted:

It upgrades a building to the next level (makes it earn more per second), and yes. It doesn't cost anything to hit. You are just limited by city size to the number of simultaneous upgrades, and each building occupies an upgrade "slot" while it is under construction, which take (increasing amounts of?) time.

Kinda wish you could set it to prioritize the lowest level buildings though.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Lot of similarities to egg inc in the ui. So far pretty fun.

Edit: i mean, its actually exactly like egg inc. But egg inc is my poo poo so I'm gonna play it for a bit.

Namaer fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 20, 2017

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

mrkillboy posted:

If anyone is looking out for a new match-3 game, Super Gridland is a new survival-themed one based on a browser game from a few years back. It reminds me a lot of You Must Build A Boat, though it has more traditional mechanics.

Gave this a shot and couldn't get past night 1 no matter how many tries I gave it. Not sure if I'm bad or unlucky but ultimately decided to refund while I could.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Knightmare posted:

Gave this a shot and couldn't get past night 1 no matter how many tries I gave it. Not sure if I'm bad or unlucky but ultimately decided to refund while I could.

Oh, so no difference to the browser version then. That's exactly what I was wondering about the new version.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
We put up a thread for Bit City Beta discussion, thanks again to anyone willing to help us out!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806621

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Do you know if they added anything or is it a straight port from the browser version? I remember having fun with it a few years ago

eeenmachine posted:

Nice I'm looking forward to another 'make numbers go bigger' nimblebros game. Will you wipe my save if I participate in the beta? I'd rather just wait for the full release if that's the case.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Xtanstic posted:

Do you know if they added anything or is it a straight port from the browser version? I remember having fun with it a few years ago

Nice I'm looking forward to another 'make numbers go bigger' nimblebros game. Will you wipe my save if I participate in the beta? I'd rather just wait for the full release if that's the case.

In most other betas we've maintained people's saves. Can't ever make a 100% guarantee though!

Estel
May 4, 2010

Knightmare posted:

You have infinite time and you need to plan what pieces you are going to remove, try an remove first sword and shield pieces so you can kill the monsters summoned when removing the other pieces.

When some monsters die they drop chests with swords, shields and potions you can use to equip them or heal.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

eeenmachine posted:

In most other betas we've maintained people's saves. Can't ever make a 100% guarantee though!

good enough for me

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
Digging Bit City.

The tutorial needs a little work, i figured things out quickly enough by comparing to Egg Inc. but your average casual mobile gamer might be a bit lost.

And i'm still a bit lost on what 'services' are, i had a bunch of blue buildings and upgraded the thing that said 'services produce X% more' but my $/sec didn't change at all.

It's definitely fun, i'm hitting a wall around city 4 for a bit, and prestige keys don't seem to be worth cashing in til you have a good 50 or more, might get bored if the curve is too steep but hopefully this is ironed out with it being in beta.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

dpack_1 posted:

Digging Bit City.

The tutorial needs a little work, i figured things out quickly enough by comparing to Egg Inc. but your average casual mobile gamer might be a bit lost.

And i'm still a bit lost on what 'services' are, i had a bunch of blue buildings and upgraded the thing that said 'services produce X% more' but my $/sec didn't change at all.

It's definitely fun, i'm hitting a wall around city 4 for a bit, and prestige keys don't seem to be worth cashing in til you have a good 50 or more, might get bored if the curve is too steep but hopefully this is ironed out with it being in beta.

Blue buildings are businesses actually. Green ones are residential and yellow ones are services. You can tell what types of plots you've already bought by tapping on their buildings and noting the color of the text telling you the name of the building, and the plots you haven't bought yet will say their type outright.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Whoops, wrong thread.

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 21, 2017

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm looking for a puzzle game with quick levels, and preferably with daily challenges. Basically, something to tinker with while the kettle is heating up and the tea is brewing. Previously my go-to game for that was Alkazar, but I've already solved every level there and daily challenges stopped being interesting after some time.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
The Hexcells games are very good puzzle games, all of them. But I think it was the last one that also has endless randomly generated levels (although they're not as hard as the levels included, they're pretty fun for a while)

edit: Oh sorry I thought I was in the steam thread. Sorry. Nevermind.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jan 23, 2017

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Oenis posted:

The Hexcells games are very good puzzle games, all of them. But I think it was the last one that also has endless randomly generated levels (although they're not as hard as the levels included, they're pretty fun for a while)

edit: Oh sorry I thought I was in the steam thread. Sorry. Nevermind.

There's actually this android game that based on screenshots looks kind of similar to Hexcells
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eppa_apps.sixcells
So I'll try it, I guess.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Paladinus posted:

I'm looking for a puzzle game with quick levels, and preferably with daily challenges. Basically, something to tinker with while the kettle is heating up and the tea is brewing. Previously my go-to game for that was Alkazar, but I've already solved every level there and daily challenges stopped being interesting after some time.

I stopped playing it ages ago, but I think Hoplite added some sort of daily challenges.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Aw man I loaded up Bit City and found that my progress to the fifth city had been lost. Guess I should've cloud synced when I had the chance.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Morpheus posted:

Aw man I loaded up Bit City and found that my progress to the fifth city had been lost. Guess I should've cloud synced when I had the chance.

Post over in the thread. Seems a few of us have had that issue.

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...

Paladinus posted:

You might try Mini Metro, which definitely has daily challenges, and is a fun game otherwise.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

mrkillboy posted:

Dandy Dungeon is a new puzzle game/dungeon crawler from the creator of cult hit Chulip about a salaryman who stays at home making his own video game (which you play), adding more features and characters to it as he interacts with his neighbours.

It's really quirky and gets super weird at points but is also quite charming and self aware. I think its well worth checking out.

"From the creator of Chulip" should be enough for anyone to go on. You're either going to love this on sight or throw it through a wall.

It's a little clunky around the edges -- for instance, you get daily rewards for cleaning your room but clicking on the pile of trash does nothing useful, and having your line mess up one square before the end and disappear gets old fast -- but the core is fun and you'll be humming BUM-BUM-BA-BUM-BUM-BWAAAAAH with Our Hero in no time.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dancer posted:

I stopped playing it ages ago, but I think Hoplite added some sort of daily challenges.

Oh yeah, it's a great game, but I got bored of it after half a year or so. There's a similar one that I've found recently called Enyo.

tonytheshoes posted:

You might try Mini Metro, which definitely has daily challenges, and is a fun game otherwise.

Maybe I'll pick it up on sale. 5 bucks is a bit too steep for me right now.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.

delfin posted:

"From the creator of Chulip" should be enough for anyone to go on. You're either going to love this on sight or throw it through a wall.

It's a little clunky around the edges -- for instance, you get daily rewards for cleaning your room but clicking on the pile of trash does nothing useful, and having your line mess up one square before the end and disappear gets old fast -- but the core is fun and you'll be humming BUM-BUM-BA-BUM-BUM-BWAAAAAH with Our Hero in no time.

Saying not available on my 6p, is it region locked or something right now?

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Scorps posted:

Saying not available on my 6p, is it region locked or something right now?

Yep. It's not in the U.S. yet. However, it is a really great game and totally worth the extra effort to side load it.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Yeah I've given that Brave Yamada game a go and it's surprisingly deep and annoyingly fun.

I feel like I'm going to be stuck with it for a while.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I sideloaded it onto my Nexus 7 and it plays fine. Any game that gives you a bonus for combining a school uniform with a Turd Hat is fine by me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Man I just can't get into Bit City

After the forth city does the gameplay change at all? I'm finding pressing the construction button not nearly as gratifying as the chicken hatcher button in egg inc