Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I know everyone on the planet agrees but it needs to be said periodically, MGS3 has the best boss fights in the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

My phone autocorrected MGS3 to MGSV there and I'm gwtting worried about its irony level

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

In Training posted:

If you throw a poisonous frog at him he will eat it and instantly vomit all his guts up and die non lethally

You still have to shoot him some.

You actually don't have to poison him at all or even move from where you start the boss fight. Thermals and shoot him until he's dead. Takes about a minute.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

beepstreet posted:

The Fury is definitely the toughest boss in the game, but you can gently caress him up in like 3 knife combos, even on Extreme. Just gotta be sneaky

MY SUIT!

When that fire starts getting everywhere I die real fast

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I know everyone on the planet agrees but it needs to be said periodically, MGS3 has the best boss fights in the series

Absolutely

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

without question

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A friend here in Korea actually has a PS3 and the MGS collection. Guess I am gonna finally play them after all.

Do I play them chronologically in release or game timeline?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Unfunny Poster posted:

A friend here in Korea actually has a PS3 and the MGS collection. Guess I am gonna finally play them after all.

Do I play them chronologically in release or game timeline?

release

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Steve Shultz
Jul 6, 2007
The ELIJAH LIST, spamming your inbox for the lord.
I remember trying to do a full nonlethal boss run of MGS3 I ended up getting stuck on the Fury for about 3 hours nonstop (because I'm bad), the one thing I found that really helped was that running around in the box made it much less likely for you to take damage from any environmental fire in the later stages of the fight.

I eventually managed to non lethal the Boss by finishing her with a mosin shot to the head, and then the cutscene started before I could get to her to pick up her camo :( , I didn't have the heart to kill her again.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

you can actually just CQC the boss and shoot her with the tranq gun. you have to time the cqc exactly or you get owned though.

Steve Shultz
Jul 6, 2007
The ELIJAH LIST, spamming your inbox for the lord.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

you can actually just CQC the boss and shoot her with the tranq gun. you have to time the cqc exactly or you get owned though.

At the time I was super bad obviously, but I look forward to one day doing this.
At one point I resorted to trying to whack her with the rocket launcher, she pulled it to bits so fast...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah. although in mgs2 bosses did new stuff on higher difficulties and they didnt do that in 3, that was a bummer

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

Steve Shultz posted:

At the time I was super bad obviously, but I look forward to one day doing this.
At one point I resorted to trying to whack her with the rocket launcher, she pulled it to bits so fast...

countering her cqc is super easy, there is an obvious audio cue

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

:hai:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

oh my god

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
what is this guys deal lol

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Gamers in the house forever

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:ocelot:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Is the whole book like this?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Thomas Pynchon owns

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I hope the new zombie game isn't the result of me saying " I wish I could play dead space as raiden from metal gear rising"

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Heran Bago posted:

Is the whole book like this?

theres also a part about DBZ

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The first time I saw that page I had "Gamers in the house forever" constantly running through my head prodromally for like 2 weeks and I think it's happening again.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Eli's "Never Be Game Over" jacket but it says "gamers in the house forever."

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gamers in the house forever

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

we play Super Mario and the little goombas jump up and stomp on me

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

nice

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lmao its like the great joke i made earlier, Thomas Pynchong Loadfs

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Bwaahahahahaha

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Thomas Pynchon owns

I'm about to read his novel Gravity's Rainbow and feeling kind of nervous about it.. What if the words are to long

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

rediscover posted:

I'm about to read his novel Gravity's Rainbow and feeling kind of nervous about it.. What if the words are to long

That's a great book if you love turds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Lol

• Locked thread