Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pat Chun seems to be doing a pretty good job as AD at FAU on the whole as well. I met him a couple times when he was at Ohio State and he's a pretty cool guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
It now seems more and more likely that Phil Fulmer will be Tennessee's next AD.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Kiffin is bad and illegal again

Piss on you lane kiffin

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

So does Kiffin allegedly screwing over Bama make Tennessee fans like him now?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dango Bango posted:

So does Kiffin allegedly screwing over Bama make Tennessee fans like him now?

Absolutely not.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I don't know about "like" him but it's definitely hilarious.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Kiffin was always aight with me. So yeah it if it's true just adds to his mystique as a give no fucks kind of guy.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Does Kiffin going from Bama OC to FAU HC become the first time he hasn't really "failed up"?

I mean yeah he's a HC again but it's FAU.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Do you really think Tennessee is a step up from the NFL or being an OC is a step up from head coach of USC? The only time he "failed upward" was going from Tennessee to USC and he hadn't even really been at UT long enough to call it a definitive failure

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Oregon fired their new oc after just 6 days because of a dui.

Nobody ever leaves a bar sober enough to not be charged, dont drive to a bar in the first place guys.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Kiffin putting the dagger in Bama's side for his new boss is awesome.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Tbf Kiffin didn't make Jalen Hurts aim long balls to Saturn in that game

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

KKKLIP ART posted:

TFF, my first child was born on friday. My mom brought him a little UGA football and I told him welcome to a lifetime of disappointment and next year is our years. Better to set the record straight from day one and just abandon all hope from the get-go.

Can we make him a mod?

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/FeralHogg/status/823175140661981184/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I bet print ads are getting pretty cheap. Everyone who dislikes their coach or AD should do this.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Duckaerobics posted:

https://twitter.com/FeralHogg/status/823175140661981184/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I bet print ads are getting pretty cheap. Everyone who dislikes their coach or AD should do this.

:ughh:

I bet that person is part of an HOA too

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
He has a point, Arkansas is pretty irrelevant.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

KKKLIP ART posted:

Kiffin putting the dagger in Bama's side for his new boss is awesome.

It's also the basis for his return to HC being at FAU and when this inevitably ends his prospects will probably be as an OC for life. Being a dickhead as a HC is fine if you're good at it. If you're an rear end and you lose games you're eventually not going to get hired anywhere worth a poo poo (see: Bo Pelini)

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Shane Morris is transferring to Central Michigan which is pretty cool seeing as how the offensive GA there is Josh Sinagoga who preceded him at Warren De La Salle (He was also 30 times the quarterback at like 1/2 the height).

Action Saxxon
Dec 21, 2004

Please be Baaaaack.
More Kiffin ammo: that Tinder account who ousted him a while back was catfishing, was a dude the entire time

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Crotch Bat posted:

It's also the basis for his return to HC being at FAU and when this inevitably ends his prospects will probably be as an OC for life. Being a dickhead as a HC is fine if you're good at it. If you're an rear end and you lose games you're eventually not going to get hired anywhere worth a poo poo (see: Bo Pelini)

Doesn't Nebraska still pay Pelini and anything he makes in a new job is deducted from what Nebraska owes him? Or am I misremembering?

Because I thought part of why he was at Youngstown was a "gently caress you, pay me" to Nebraska.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Shane Morris is transferring to Central Michigan which is pretty cool seeing as how the offensive GA there is Josh Sinagoga who preceded him at Warren De La Salle (He was also 30 times the quarterback at like 1/2 the height).

Morris just needs to be in an offense that runs 4 verts every down.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Regnevelc posted:

He has a point, Arkansas is pretty irrelevant.

I think that's largely endemic to the condition of being Arkansas. They're never going to be great.

Also, I think the Kiffin thing was probably a joke.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Doesn't Nebraska still pay Pelini and anything he makes in a new job is deducted from what Nebraska owes him? Or am I misremembering?

Because I thought part of why he was at Youngstown was a "gently caress you, pay me" to Nebraska.

I think that was the case at first, he was largely paid by Nebraska per terms in his buyout, so Youngstown State wasn't on the hook for much.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Nebraska will be paying Pelini a little over $125k/month until February 2019, unless the terms of his YSU contract change.

e: which, coincidentally, is probably about exactly how long Riley's leash extends.

Noctone fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 23, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Out of sheer curiosity, how rare is it that coaches return to their former programs like that? Bill Snyder's the only one I can think of.

E: referring to the suggestion that Pelini could go back to Nebraska, i mean

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DJExile posted:

Out of sheer curiosity, how rare is it that coaches return to their former programs like that? Bill Snyder's the only one I can think of.

Well, given how bloodthirsty alum, boosters, and the board of regents can be at times, very.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

It's not super common but it happens. Mike Riley went back to Oregon State after he washed out in the NFL. Bill Walsh went back to Stanford for what was ultimately a pretty a disasterous run a few years after he retired from the NFL. John Robinson had two runs at USC sandwiched around his time with the Rams

E: Petrino at Louisville

MourningView fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 23, 2017

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

DJExile posted:

I don't think Snyder was fired and went on a tirade against the school the first time around like Bo did, though.

There's actually a wikipedia article for your question, though! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_football_head_coaches_with_non-consecutive_tenure

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

DJExile posted:

what suggestion? don't recall anyone ever saying anything like this. pelini is never ever going back to nebraska. i mean, i'd thoroughly enjoy it, but there's a higher probability of larry the cable guy being named coach than there is that pelini ever comes back.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

wa27 posted:

I don't think Snyder was fired and went on a tirade against the school the first time around like Bo did, though.

There's actually a wikipedia article for your question, though! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_football_head_coaches_with_non-consecutive_tenure

It's fun that this counts interims so Barry can eventually have like 8 different runs with Wisconsin

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

MourningView posted:

It's not super common but it happens. Mike Riley went back to Oregon State after he washed out in the NFL. Bill Walsh went back to Stanford for what was ultimately a pretty a disasterous run a few years after he retired from the NFL. John Robinson had two runs at USC sandwiched around his time with the Rams

E: Petrino at Louisville

Chris Ault had at least two stints at Nevada

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yall own :toot:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Come home Chip

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/TremendousUM/status/823639437833859073

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So there's some dumb rule saying he can't take the team overseas or something?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

iospace posted:

So there's some dumb rule saying he can't take the team overseas or something?

It's coming into effect over the summer, so this trip is allowed, but Harbaugh's pissed that he can't do it more in the future.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Pakled posted:

It's coming into effect over the summer, so this trip is allowed, but Harbaugh's pissed that he can't do it more in the future.

Not exactly.

quote:

Going overseas may actually allow Michigan, in 2018 and beyond -- when the ban on offseason trips for practice during a vacation period is imposed -- to continue its spring-break journeys. During the autonomy rules session Friday at the NCAA convention, administrators were clear that overseas trips like those taken by basketball, volleyball and soccer teams will still be allowed. While exceedingly more rare to take a football team overseas, it's hard to understand how that could be banned while within the rules for other sports.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I can't wait for the NCAA, and perhaps our good friend Greg Sankey, to explain that actually, going on a European trip to visit historical landmarks, orphans, and military servicemen is bad for the children.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Duckaerobics posted:

They probably paid full price for this.

But as it's not an ear or banner, doesn't include any graphics, isn't color and definitely isn't on the front page of sports they didn't pay much.

(Print ads are especially cheap if it's the advertising rep soliciting the business. Walk-ins don't get deals unless they're regulars or extra spectacular.)

Years ago, the weekly local paper had a similar ad protesting the firing of the head high school football coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I am all for football players getting as much free poo poo as possible if we aren't going to fairly compensate them so it's good Michigan is going to Rome. I am less glad that we are going to get a million tedious stories about Harbaugh acting like a weird doofus in a foreign country

• Locked thread