Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

JediTalentAgent posted:

As dumb as this sounds, I sort of hope WB tosses the guy who plays Robbie Rotten some cash to be a sort of likeable and pompous Plastic Man in the DCCU, even if just a cameo.

Sadly he has some nasty kind of cancer, so I'm not sure he'd be up for it.

He'd be perfect if he was though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Burkion posted:

Sadly he has some nasty kind of cancer, so I'm not sure he'd be up for it.

He'd be perfect if he was though

Yeah, pancreatic cancer. He's currently spending a year healing up from surgery.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah, pancreatic cancer. He's currently spending a year healing up from surgery.

They could just superimpose his face on random things that are mysteriously red and yellow.

A blender. Wonder Woman's armor. Robin' s outfit in the display case.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Look at this suit, I just found.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Plastic Man might be the one instance of having a realistic CG human character with the sort of uncanny valley look might actually be acceptable.

Have that be part of his gimmick or something, he always has this slight fake look compared to all the live-action actors and it's something that even people in-universe could notice about him.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jan 23, 2017

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Neo Rasa posted:

Iron Man - Iron Man fights an evil version of himself he indirectly helped create and learns an important lesson.
Iron man 2 - Iron Man fights an evil version of himself he indirectly helped create and learns an important lesson.
Iron Man 3 - Iron Man fights an evil version of himself he indirectly helped create and learns an important lesson.
Age of Ultron - Iron Man fights an evil version of himself he indirectly helped create and learns an important lesson.
This is pretty accurate except for the parts about Tony being consistently less evil than his enemies, or learning anything.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
He's like Homer Simpson.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
1 - He learned how to prevent a board take over
2 - He learned how to handle foreign IP disputes
3 - He learned how valuable free interns could be
4 - He learned prototyping and Alpha testing is better than going straight into Beta testing

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
In Civil War he learns that even though his boyfriend argues with him all the time, and has another lover, and hits him, that they love each other really and belong together.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Civil War (just like bvs) would have been better if they banged

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Eastbound Spider posted:

* would have been better if they banged

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I agree with you guys. Joker being the main character and a more grounded story is not the answer.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

AvP :pervert:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Yeah Suicide Squad needed late-game rope jokes, better action choreography and less weird last-minute editing. It shouldn't have explicitly shown us who the real bad guy was in the first fifteen minutes Dark City style, for instance.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It did own, however.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I think showing the Enchantress early is necessary to the object lesson the film is trying to give. For the whole movie, you believe that killing the Enchantress will kill June Moon, which is why Waller doesn't do it. But then at the end, they get rid of her, and it turns out it was fine the whole time. It was all just an excuse for Waller to hoard power, and none of the movie would've happened if she relinquished it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I could have watched a whole movie of Waller politicking.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Ms. Waller Goes to Washington

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

I could have watched a whole movie of Waller

As long as it's DCAU Waller

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

As long as it's DCAU Waller

Nah DCEU Waller was pretty awesome

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
The most twisted thing of all... is following the rules. Because the rules are written by psychos like Amanda Waller.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
DCAU Waller was secretly a big softie. I wonder if the same can be said of DCEU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

ElNarez posted:

I think showing the Enchantress early is necessary to the object lesson the film is trying to give. For the whole movie, you believe that killing the Enchantress will kill June Moon, which is why Waller doesn't do it. But then at the end, they get rid of her, and it turns out it was fine the whole time. It was all just an excuse for Waller to hoard power, and none of the movie would've happened if she relinquished it.

She deserved to die for her crimes against archaeology. That she lives while the mystic dance train dies is just salt in the wound.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Pictured: The Enchantress

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

Pictured: The Enchantress

Dig deeper fool

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It happened, remember? Ol Scar had the Alien's baby at the end!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, Tim Miller is in early talks to direct a Cameron produced Terminator movie, touted as both a reboot and conclusion for the saga. According to Deadline anyways.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/terminator-james-cameron-deadpool-tim-miller-david-ellison-skydance-1201890848/

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
There is a 0% chance any movie going forward will be both a 'reboot' and a 'conclusion'.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

all-Rush mixtape posted:

There is a 0% chance any movie going forward will be both a 'reboot' and a 'conclusion'.

or even just a conclusion

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

A reboot after the last reboot?

Eventually someone is going to make a movie where the franchise reboots again inside the current reboot you're watching

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Guy A. Person posted:

A reboot after the last reboot?

Eventually someone is going to make a movie where the franchise reboots again inside the current reboot you're watching

They should just release the first Terminator movie into theaters and call it a reboot/re-imagining.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It would be a conclusion but only until Cameron dies and the rights go to someone else.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Suicide Squad got an Oscar nomination

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Man, Academy Award Nominated Film Suicide Squad was so good. What's your favorite thing about Academy Award Nominated Film Suicide Squad? There's a lot of things I like in Academy Award Nominated Film Suicide Squad. Academy Award Nominated Film Suicide Squad is really one of my favorite superhero movies.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I hope it wins, because Academy Award winning Suicide Squad is a fun thing to type.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

MacheteZombie posted:

Suicide Squad got an Oscar nomination

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/2017-oscar-nominations-academy-awards-nominees-1201968107/

quote:

Makeup and hair:
“A Man Called Ove”
“Star Trek Beyond”
“Suicide Squad”

Edit: the only other superhero film to get a nomination was Doctor Strange for Visual Effects.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 24, 2017

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It was funnier not revealing the category.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Didn't even know makeup and hair existed as a category, I thought that was all included in the costume category.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Edit: it was the only superhero movie of the entire year to get an Oscar nomination. Rogue One got nominated for Sound Mixing and Visual Effects,

Strange got a nom for visuals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Eastbound Spider posted:

Civil War (just like bvs) would have been better if they banged

When they were filming the final fistfight between Bane and Batman in Dark Knight Rises, I forget if it was Hardy or Bale who related this story but they were talking about how mega uncomfortable it was because they were filming in like the middle of summer and during one of the takes they both stopped fighting and like fell into each other's arms teary eyed and just both kept saying "I'm tired I'm so tired" over and over again while embracing each other due to heat exhaustion and I still hate that they didn't put that in the final movie and then just roll credits right after.

• Locked thread