Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Gaunab posted:

When having young parents goes wrong

Sucks for that kid to be in high school and have a 30 year old father, but she also can't expect her dad to be a chaste monk and not talk to attractive women. She should probably sit down and talk to him about not being so obvious about it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think he is doing anything?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mirthless posted:

:confused:

It's not like he's checking up on her, he's literally just saying "good morning". Jesus, it's a text message greeting, it's not that big of a deal.

it's not literal genocide but it doesn't need to be. it's moderately obnoxious and it comes off as clingy to be constantly checking in without actually having anything to say. if they were actually thoughtful, interesting messages that'd be a different story but it sounds like they're pretty much just 'hey. hey. hey. hey. are you thinking about me? hey. hey. hey. hey. hey.'

combined with the rest of his scripting, guy's basically a spambot

Moridin920 posted:

I don't think he is doing anything?

shouldnt'a dressed so sexy, you can hardly blame the girl he was basically asking for it

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 23, 2017

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Gaunab posted:

Ugh this sounds awful, she needs to talk to this girl and be like back the gently caress off and tell her dad about how it makes her uncomfortable as well. communicationnnnnnnnnnnn

*edit*

this does not sound like the dads fault btw

she just needs to draw lines with her friends and tell them to back off or she's going to cut them out of her life.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Gaunab posted:

don't cockblock your dad

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Gaunab posted:

lol wow

She's got a rough life ahead of her if she can't handle her dad's friends being attracted to him. At least he's flirting with a 22 year old instead of somebody his daughter's age.

MF_James posted:

Ugh this sounds awful, she needs to talk to this girl and be like back the gently caress off and tell her dad about how it makes her uncomfortable as well. communicationnnnnnnnnnnn

That's ridiculous. Friend's sister is not doing anything wrong and neither is dad.

MF_James posted:

she just needs to draw lines with her friends and tell them to back off or she's going to cut them out of her life.

He's not even flirting with one of her actual friends. It's a family member of a friend, who is probably a little too young for him, but definitely old enough to rationally make that decision for herself. "Please don't date people I might occasionally interact with! :qq:" is more than a little unreasonable

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 23, 2017

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
its not even clear youngdad is flirting. he has a valid interest in getting to know a person if his daughter hangs out at their house frequently

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Also youngdad is a wealthy and successful 30-year old single father who drives a BMW, is 3-5 years away from being able to solely focus on another woman's progeny and also probably very hot (at the very least: ripped)

Everywhere he goes he is going to have women flirt with him and many of those women are going to be the family of her daughter's friends

This is a guy who gets laid with his personal story as much as he gets laid from his wealth and good looks

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 23, 2017

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Im impressed a guy who had a kid at 15 is now driving a bmw

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
It would be one thing if girl's dad was perving on her teenage friends or some disgusting crap, but it's a 22 year old sister of a friend. He's fine. He just needs to be less conspicuous about it because it is understandably weird for his daughter.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the girl DID say she wanted a mother figure in her life, after all

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Mirthless posted:

lol wow

She's got a rough life ahead of her if she can't handle her dad's friends being attracted to him. At least he's flirting with a 22 year old instead of somebody his daughter's age.

That's ridiculous. Friend's sister is not doing anything wrong and neither is dad.

He's not even flirting with one of her actual friends. It's a family member of a friend, who is probably a little too young for him, but definitely old enough to rationally make that decision for herself. "Please don't date people I might occasionally interact with! :qq:" is more than a little unreasonable

It makes her uncomfortable, that's the fact, whether you think that's ok or not does not change the fact that it does make her uncomfortable, at the very least she should talk to her dad about it.

It does NOT seem like he's flirting with the friend sister, or at least it's unclear, he might even not have any interest at all, but she shouldn't bottle it up if it's an issue. If she just buries it, she'll likely stop hanging out with her friend because of it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

"Please don't date my best friend's sister" is unreasonable?

Idk man.

It sounds like all he is doing is picking her up and staying in the car so the sister is going out to flirt to which he is just being polite. There's nothing going on. If he was getting into it I think it'd def be weird though.

Anyway at the moment it seems like she's more upset at the 22 yr old making jokes and saying 'your dad is hot.'

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Moridin920 posted:

"Please don't date my best friend's sister" is unreasonable?

Idk man.

It sounds like all he is doing is picking her up and staying in the car so the sister is going out to flirt to which he is just being polite. There's nothing going on. If he was getting into it I think it'd def be weird though.

Yeah, it's pretty unreasonable.

And I really don't see how this is weird. Would it be weird if he was trying to date friend's mom?

Pretty sure the only reason she's uncomfortable with this is because somebody she views as a peer views her father as a sexual entity and it makes her uncomfortable. That's going to describe a lot of people unless he limits himself to dating women substantially older than his daughter.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

And I really don't see how this is weird. Would it be weird if he was trying to date friend's mom?

I mean I don't have kids but I feel like there's definitely some boundary violations going on if a parent is trying to gently caress people in the daughter's immediate social circle.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Mirthless posted:

Haha, absolutely. Dont gently caress people you know because of your child.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Seriously there's a whole big wide world out there you don't need to start mining your kids' friends and their family members.

Not that the dad is doing anything wrong here ofc.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

hell, I'd gently caress My Daughter's Friend's Hot Sister

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Plenty of people hook up their parents with the parents and family of people they know

This is only weird because of the ages involved. :colbert:

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
You all just wish you were hot dad.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Danger posted:

You all just wish you were hot dad.

I have a hot girlfriend in a loving relationship, so I'm one step above him. :smugdog:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I think 22 and 30 is a bit weird of an age gap too but it doesn't really sound like hotdad is the source of the problem either way.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

I think 22 and 30 is a bit weird of an age gap too but it doesn't really sound like hotdad is the source of the problem either way.

He ought to aim older because he'd be pure gold for the looking to settle down crowd.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

On the dad's side, I'm 34 (good looking ripped and rich, too), my step daughter is 16, and my son is 2.5. Whenever the 3 of us go out somewhere without my wife, people assume we (me + step daughter) are "together" and my step daughter is my son's mother and all that and it is uncomfortable how readily people make that assumption.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

Plenty of people hook up their parents with the parents and family of people they know

This is only weird because of the ages involved. :colbert:

Plenty of people have dysfunctional families, too. It is rolling the drama dice for no good reason.

I mean you know whatever obv he isn't doing anything really wrong just seems like a bit of a boundary issue to me.

e: I'll put it like this: if you took 16 year old me and then had my mom hook up with my best friend's 22 yr old brother there would be beef for loving sure.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 23, 2017

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

I[29m] asked my girlfriend[30f] for an open relationship because I got a job offer in another state, she said no, that I was going to be manipulated by blonde gold-diggers.

I have been with my girlfriend Allison for four years. And I broke up with her two weeks ago. I recently have finished my residency program, and I have gotten an amazing job offer in another state. Due to the nature of Allison's career and my own, it would be really hard for us to have times to see each other.

I proposed that while we worked on trying to move to see each other, we had an open relationship. I have been in a relationship for a long time now, and well it would be fun to get with other people, plus I would have some free time. Allison was completely against this, saying that I am going to ruin the relationship. That I am going to fall in love with some gold digger, thats a lot hotter than her in New York.

I told her, that we have 4 years under our belt, and I have no desire to leave her for anyone. But, the way she was treating me was that I was going to be manipulated. The open relationship isn't what broke us up, it was more so how she treated me when we had the discussion, that I was her property, and I didn't know enough for myself.

If she framed it as, "hey I don't feel comfortable with you sleeping with other people, and I would be jealous of someone sleeping with you." That would be okay. Instead, "you are going to see some hot young blonde girl, that is going to manipulate you and take all your money." And it was also the fact, that I was not attractive to women, on my looks and personality alone, that the only reason a woman would want to date me is because of my job and potential earnings.

I ended up breaking things off with her. I feel really sad letting go of a relationship of so long, but I feel like I did the right thing because I could only imagine how crazy things might be if we were to get married. If I would have to report to her where I was constantly, because she didn't trust me. And it was the fact she thought the only reason a woman would want to date me was because of my money, not all the other positive things about me. She has since been begging me to get back together, but I think I made the right decision?

Tl;Dr- I broke up with my girlfriend of four years because I proposed an open relationship, and she thought I would be tricked by women into losing my money.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
She was right to break up either way but she's also prolly right that NYC is gonna chew that dude up.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

At 29 years old this guy should be capable of being apart from his girlfriend for a couple of months without having to gently caress somebody

I can see why the 22 y/os break up when they can't gently caress whoever they want whenever they want, all the time, but drat dude you should really have some self control by the time you're pushing 30

they've been together four years and he had a tantrum breakup because he couldn't have an unlimited fuckpass. this guy's gonna be a real catch for somebody. :rolleyes:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiny Deer posted:

Jesus, I get what Pick says about being insulted mostly by the laziness of cheaters. She wouldn't even change out of sweatpants and leave the house to cheat on her boyfriend! gently caress's sake, child. Put some effort into being lovely.

I mean, don't get me wrong, cheating is wrong and I find it odious for all the normal reasons too. It's just, yes, exactly. For god's sakes if you are going to be a piece of poo poo, put in the effort to be a proper piece of poo poo. Don't even half-rear end being garbage, what does that say about you!?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

At your ages, time together, and job advancement she probably was expecting a different proposal. At least you were helpful and threw out some final flares on the rocket of romance so youre free to fly solo.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

I don't get why you wouldn't just break up by default at that point. Either they're worth waiting for or they're not, absolutely no way a ldr is gonna be able to compete with the honeymoon phase of someone you're actively boning.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Barudak posted:

At your ages, time together, and job advancement she probably was expecting a different proposal. At least you were helpful and threw out some final flares on the rocket of romance so youre free to fly solo.

haha, seriously! I bet that completely blew her away. She's waiting for him to pop the question and he suddenly drops "I want to gently caress other people while I'm in another state and making tons of money"

I can't loving blame her, she can't wring a commitment out of this guy to save her life and all of a sudden he doesn't even want to abide by the one commitment they have, an exclusive relationship? gently caress that dude.

Man the more I think about it the worse this story makes me feel, jeeze. She invested a lot of time into that relationship and working out their lives together but he won't marry her and won't even stay exclusive, jesus, she must have felt so loving betrayed when he asked. I hate these stories the most, honestly. The people who ask for an open relationship and threaten to break up if they don't get it, or overreact to any resistance and push the issue until they get what they want - I feel like this is so much shittier than just cheating on your partner and dumping them. At least when you get cheated on you're not stuck with conflicting feelings over whether or not you were the one being selfish.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jan 23, 2017

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

big trivia FAIL posted:

On the dad's side, I'm 34 (good looking ripped and rich, too), my step daughter is 16, and my son is 2.5. Whenever the 3 of us go out somewhere without my wife, people assume we (me + step daughter) are "together" and my step daughter is my son's mother and all that and it is uncomfortable how readily people make that assumption.
I got the same thing being out with a girlfriend's daughter who was a teen vs my late 20s self. We'd just be in line at the movies next to each other and everyone assumed we were a couple and it was very "what?"

A waitress flat out didn't believe us one time. I'm sitting there going why the hell would we make this up?!?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Wow, he broke up with her because she bruised his ego.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Gaunab posted:

Wow, he broke up with her because she bruised his ego.

oh don't forget she was very mildly misogynistic

totally rational and valid reason to dump somebody after four years together

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
BTW what are the odds this guy is fully supporting a 19 y/o art student inside of six months in NYC?

she'll probably have blue hair tho

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
lol it's a attractive guy who has women interested in him so he's instantly a villain cause girls have the gall to be interested in him and chat him up and he sounds like he's taking care of his daughter and doing the right things.

Bad man for being human. And they're adults who can consent.

I hope the 22 year old and Dad get together and she turns out to be the teenagers mother cause she can't even for being so embarrassed she could just die.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Are you the dad

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

What a piece of poo poo. Dump the woman who took care of you and suffered your bullshit lifestyle through residency as soon as your hours and finances improve. After all, people who demonstrably loved you even before you were wealthy are super easy to find. This is a cool and good thing to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Gatts is always the dad being oppressed by women yes.