Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Leon Einstein posted:

Didn't you read that she's ugly?

even dimes think they're ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

subhuman filth posted:

What a piece of poo poo. Dump the woman who took care of you and suffered your bullshit lifestyle through residency as soon as your hours and finances improve. After all, people who demonstrably loved you even before you were wealthy are super easy to find. This is a cool and good thing to do

seriously I want to take a sock full of nickels to this guy's skull

what a loving piece of garbage

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

I mean hot BMW dad is doing nothing wrong and probably isn't interested in his daughter's babysitter's thirsty older sister, Gatts is just always there, ready to stand up for hot dads.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I just want to point out that I'm pretty sure 22 is slightly closer to 15 than to 30. Hopefully someone mentioned that to the OP for laughs.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Gatts posted:

lol it's a attractive guy who has women interested in him so he's instantly a villain cause girls have the gall to be interested in him and chat him up and he sounds like he's taking care of his daughter and doing the right things.

Bad man for being human. And they're adults who can consent.

I hope the 22 year old and Dad get together and she turns out to be the teenagers mother cause she can't even for being so embarrassed she could just die.

Why do you have to turn everything imaginable into the most pathetic garbage, Gatts?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Fine, fine, I'll settle this. I'll gently caress the hot dad.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Why do you have to turn everything imaginable into the most pathetic garbage, Gatts?

He's just trying to bring the world down to his level.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

It's definitely not weird (sadly) nowadays, but it is extremely loving clingy and obnoxious

pretty much every woman i've gone on dates with has done something similar to this (usually good morning and later on poo poo like how was your day). seems fairly normal to me.

ps how do you not abort or give up for adoption at 15 jfc.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 24, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Groovelord Neato posted:

pretty much every woman i've gone on dates with has done something similar to this (usually good morning and later on poo poo like how was your day). seems fairly normal to me.

ps how do you not abort or give up for adoption at 15 jfc.

I'm guessing dad comes from money

edit: vvv Catholic money. vvv

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

ps how do you not abort at 15 jfc.

If you're the kind of person who likes that sort of thing I imagine you're attracted to other sickening adorables like yourself so your cute texts are quarantined from the healthy population.

PS Jesus.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

subhuman filth posted:

What a piece of poo poo. Dump the woman who took care of you and suffered your bullshit lifestyle through residency as soon as your hours and finances improve. After all, people who demonstrably loved you even before you were wealthy are super easy to find. This is a cool and good thing to do

Where did it say anything about her taking care of him? I dunno if a ldr didn't sound appealing to him they should just break up, I think opening the relationship is dumb but if she couldn't for w/e reason move with him when he was going then it just kinda sounds like their relationship was doomed either way.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

Where did it say anything about her taking care of him? I dunno if a ldr didn't sound appealing to him they should just break up, I think opening the relationship is dumb but if she couldn't for w/e reason move with him when he was going then it just kinda sounds like their relationship was doomed either way.

She was already settled into her career, he was in med school/residency. It's not a hard inference to make.

When you're together with somebody for four years and you're both either at or about to turn 30, it's not a "long distance relationship", it's your relationship, and you are temporarily apart. This isn't like going off to college and not-really-breaking-up with your high school girlfriend. They are far enough into their lives that they should be talking about marriage and he should be able to keep his dick in his pants for more than two weeks at a time. It's not like they can't afford to see each other regularly on the kind of money he was making.

The dude's a dickwad. He was right to leave her, because he absolutely wouldn't have stuck to that relationship, but him making it about her is The Shittiest Thing. I feel terrible for her, she got completely screwed and wasted a lot of time and energy on somebody who clearly wasn't taking their relationship very seriously.

And on top of it all, she probably feels like it's her fault. gently caress. This. Guy.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 24, 2017

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

I mean, don't get me wrong, cheating is wrong and I find it odious for all the normal reasons too. It's just, yes, exactly. For god's sakes if you are going to be a piece of poo poo, put in the effort to be a proper piece of poo poo. Don't even half-rear end being garbage, what does that say about you!?

I dunno, infidelity just kinda drops into your lap. You're working late again, your SO has been distant and it's been a lovely week and then, oh Christ, did I just gently caress Linda? Sure there are those that go cruising for a mister or a mistress or plan out three separate families based on their truck routes, or you've been thinking about nailing that cute checkout girl for months so you ask her out, but most cheating is just convenience and opportunity, often combined with lowered inhibitions.

Would you expect a relationship that started in such a slapdash manner to have a formal dress code or any sort of coherent planning? The tryst itself is already distracting enough, no need to complicate things. The people that end up cheating with work relations often spend far more time together with one another in a week than they do with their spouses. During high-stress crunch times, infidelity can happen purely as a form of emotional release.

Does any of this make infidelity ok? No. I just think you're honestly expecting too much self-awareness and introspection from people who are barely aware of themselves in the first place. We should pity the offender while we mock and deride, after all, it may be us tripping and falling dick first into a vagina tomorrow. Happens all the time, we swear.

The only problem I have with cheaters is the problem I have with anyone else that is caught doing something wrong; the, almost pathological, inability of people to accept responsibility for personal actions. Is it a human thing? A cultural thing? All I know is that it's hard and takes practice. Never admit poo poo to the cops, tho.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tiny Deer posted:

If you're the kind of person who likes that sort of thing I imagine you're attracted to other sickening adorables like yourself so your cute texts are quarantined from the healthy population.

it's kinda weird if you talk on a dating site/app and set up a date once you get their number and then don't communicate for say five days (say you messaged them on a monday but nobody's free until saturday) until the date.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

Zelder posted:

I hope that, through my actions and deeds, I'm causing distress for crazy white racists all over the nation. That's really all you can ask for in life
lol

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

You were both women; it seems weird to men because male friendships have little/none of the comraderie or emotional (and non-sexual but physical) intimacy that women seem often to have. We've all seen the back-pat-tough-bro-hug that is all that many men feel comfortable doing
i regularly tell my male friends and coworkers that i care for them and love them. also i hug people.

i used to hate hugging people, i got over it now i really like it. but i'm conscious that it can make other people uncomfortable.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
That's a really really specific scenario and doesn't apply to daily white noise texts in an established relationship though

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
shitpost here, not to your loved ones

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Pick posted:

shitpost here, not to your loved ones

:yeah:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Mirthless posted:

She was already settled into her career, he was in med school/residency. It's not a hard inference to make.

When you're together with somebody for four years and you're both either at or about to turn 30, it's not a "long distance relationship", it's your relationship, and you are temporarily apart. This isn't like going off to college and not-really-breaking-up with your high school girlfriend. They are far enough into their lives that they should be talking about marriage and he should be able to keep his dick in his pants for more than two weeks at a time. It's not like they can't afford to see each other regularly on the kind of money he was making.

The dude's a dickwad. He was right to leave her, because he absolutely wouldn't have stuck to that relationship, but him making it about her is The Shittiest Thing. I feel terrible for her, she got completely screwed and wasted a lot of time and energy on somebody who clearly wasn't taking their relationship very seriously.

And on top of it all, she probably feels like it's her fault. gently caress. This. Guy.

It is a pretty big assumption tho, residencies usually pay enough to support yourself and it is honestly kinda weird she instantly went to 'those women will just try to take your money'. If the guy wanted to open the relationship up in the first place it kinda sounds like something was lacking in their relationship already and the idea of a ldr didn't appeal to him. People break up all the time when there's a big change in their life and this guy is going off to start his new career after a bajillion years of being trapped in education, I dunno it seems like a perfectly reasonable time to call things.

It's not like they were already married.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

i (32F) am having a real issue with my husband (32m) of 4 years not "growing up" and contributing. It's especially poignant now that he wants to have kids. This may be our breaking point but I'm not sure.Relationships
submitted 5 hours ago by 31havingaproblem12

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I met "John" about 10 years ago. We were both struggling artists in MA program at a very exclusive (and expensive) NE college. We both had wide eyed dreams of taking the world by storm through art...blah...blah. Standard stuff everyone in a fine arts MA program says.

Well reality began to sink in and I realized that I couldn't live via handouts from my parents and leftovers from my sister and got a job at a theater doing production with some set design on the side. The contacts I made in that job meant the job turned into a great career in theater/ticket marketing and sales. It allows me to stay involved in the arts while paying the bills with a little left over.

John and I got married four years ago but he has never come to the realization that he needs money to live. In fact he has not had a single pay check since we graduated our MA program in 2007. At first I thought this was a sexy, rebellious attitude but even before we were married I realized it was far more groveling to family members than I would like. When I got my job everything was fine for a long time because I was making enough money for the both of us and John was making some beautiful stuff.

Well about the time of the election John also decided he wanted to have kids. It also coincided with him meeting some very politically active people and either by choice or by con, they have convinced John to produce very elaborate and expensive art pieces to further their cause. I feel very strongly that he is being used and his response to that is that it's easy for me to criticize from my cushy spot in "the system." Never mind the fact that it's me apparently "lubricating the system" with my blood and tears that allowed him to spend an ungodly sum of money for the materials on a combined piece he just gave away to his new "friends."

I am incredibly resentful of this. In fact so resentful, on some nights I can't stand to look at him. It's very funny how being an artist also involves sleeping until 1 and bingeing on Netflix until inspiration hits. I work very long hours and weekends depending on a given show and schedule and I swear to god that some nights I will come home at 2AM after working 16 hours and by all appearances John hasn't moved at all. That's not the image of high minded rebel that I remember from our days in college.

I'm lost right now. He pesters me constantly to have kids but obviously he has no plans for me to quit and he doesn't have any intention of being a responsible stay at home parent either. I've suggested therapy but he doesn't see a problem and has some nutty theory that therapists are all bugged by the NSA for guys just like him (I like to hope he's joking--but not sure).

Is it bolt time for me?

tale as old as time... tune as old as song ~

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

tale as old as time... tune as old as song ~

The saddest part here is the dude might qualify for alimony

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

Her (22F) breaking up with me (23M) because I didn't hold her purse. 1 year together.[new]
submitted 50 minutes ago by blahwhatebrr

We went to see a movie with some friends on Sunday. While we were waiting in line she had to go to the bathroom and asked me to hold her purse and I said no way. I'm not a jerk, but it's a huge fucken pink thing with sparkles and poo poo all over it. I'm not standing in line holding that. She starts whining about how heavy it is and I told her that's her own fault. Guys can get by carrying just a wallet, so she can learn to do the same.

She stormed off, and I let her go because I figured she'd come back soon because I drove us there. She didn't come back and now I'm embarrassed because I have to make excuses to my friends for all this relationship drama. She also dumped my sunglasses, drink, and phone on the floor, so now I have to carry them in my hands which is awkward and the lenses got scratched.

When I get home she's taken all her stuff and blocked me everywhere. She even took the cat which I know she only did to hurt me because she was always complaining about changing his litter, cleaning his messes, taking him to the vet - just everything.

I have no way to get ahold of her. She just gave up her old place up to move in with me this months so I dunno where she's staying right now. I called some of her friends, but they said that she's doing and they were gonna call the cops for harassment. I said that I could call the cops on her for stealing my cat and she just hung up.

In spite of everything I still love her. Aside from her crazy emotional side, she's caring, beautiful, sexy, smart, funny, a great cook, gives me massages, takes time to make me gifts. Our relationship was pretty much perfect. I can't believe she's going to throw it all away over something so stupid and petty. How do I get her to see that she's being completely irrational?

TL;DR Girlfriend broke up with me because I didn't hold her purse. How can I make her see sense?

I am SURE there were no pre-existing patterns in their relationship that might have caused this to be some sort of ... how shall we say, point of tipping?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol she married a guy who hadn't had a job in 6 years. what a dumb dumb.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol she married a guy who hadn't had a job in 6 years. what a dumb dumb.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

I am SURE there were no pre-existing patterns in their relationship that might have caused this to be some sort of ... how shall we say, point of tipping?

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

the best part is that she was carrying around all the poo poo he didn't want to have in his pockets

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Gaunab posted:

My (32/F) husband (36/M) is having an affair with his step-sister (38/F).

I would cheat on this chick just for the way she writes, holy gently caress. Also, I can't wait for the husband to get home and have divorce papers thrown at him only to reveal that he and his sister had been planning some big surprise for the wife.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Bwahahahah and 'misleading title that trivializes the real issue in favor of making my partner seem irrational' for 500, Alex!

Definitely missing details there, although the one he included about her holding all of his poo poo without complaint is beautiful.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

cyberia posted:

I would cheat on this chick just for the way she writes, holy gently caress. Also, I can't wait for the husband to get home and have divorce papers thrown at him only to reveal that he and his sister had been planning some big surprise for the wife.

lol, come on. The step-sister lied to her husband about where she was going, too. It's 100% obvious what was going on there

ArbitraryC posted:

It is a pretty big assumption tho, residencies usually pay enough to support yourself and it is honestly kinda weird she instantly went to 'those women will just try to take your money'. If the guy wanted to open the relationship up in the first place it kinda sounds like something was lacking in their relationship already and the idea of a ldr didn't appeal to him. People break up all the time when there's a big change in their life and this guy is going off to start his new career after a bajillion years of being trapped in education, I dunno it seems like a perfectly reasonable time to call things.

It's not like they were already married.

Hey, he was free to make the decision to throw away his stable relationship; that doesn't mean it wasn't a bad one.

Pretty sure if he'd had anything rational to complain about he would have provided it in the post instead of making a submission that makes him look as bad as possible

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

cyberia posted:

A big surprise that requires multiple dates and extended secret vacations to plan. It must be a hell of a surprise!

C'mon man they're doing it hard and nasty on every surface, that's not cool no matter how 'Etsy/Pinterest mom cutesy' his wife is.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Haven't we had a "dude freaks out about holding his GF's purse, relationship disintegrates" post here before? Something about the GF going to the bathroom at a pub and coming back to find her poo poo ditched and her boyfriend gone? Such a loving hilarious baby-rear end thing to melt down about

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tiny Deer posted:

A big surprise that requires multiple dates and extended secret vacations to plan. It must be a hell of a surprise!

"Surprise, I'm loving my step-sister!"

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

If holding a pink froo-froo purse is such a huge deal then I don't blame that girl for leaving just for that. If he can't hold a purse for a few minutes with nothing at stake (also, the irony of her carrying his poo poo is just delicious) then what would happen if they got married and had kids and she needed some quick help with something? So dumb.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Mirthless posted:

Pretty sure if he'd had anything rational to complain about he would have provided it in the post instead of making a submission that makes him look as bad as possible
I feel like the common theme of these posts are people who refuse to break up when they obviously should, if dude is really willing to just call things after 4 years as he's moving away it probably means for both of them it's good they're breakin up. I imagine there's more to it than meets the eye.

Plus I mean "other women would only be interested in you for your money" is a pretty nasty burn to drop on your boyfriend.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Why would you even care about holding a girly purse anyways, anyone who sees you with it is gonna assume you're just hanging onto it for your gf anyways.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Right? Who sees a dude in cargo shorts wearing an Affliction t-shirt holding a giant sparkly purse awkwardly and goes 'hm, he must be on the prowl for cock'.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tiny Deer posted:

Right? Who sees a dude in cargo shorts wearing an Affliction t-shirt holding a giant sparkly purse awkwardly and goes 'hm, he must be on the prowl for cock'.

Not sure, tell me about his shoes.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
If anything a more ambiguous looking purse would be worse because then people might actually think it was your manpurse. The girlier the purse the more plausible the deniability, really makes you think.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

Not sure, tell me about his shoes.

Weirdly, Vibrams.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tiny Deer posted:

Weirdly, Vibrams.

Cock-proof, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Clocks posted:

If holding a pink froo-froo purse is such a huge deal then I don't blame that girl for leaving just for that. If he can't hold a purse for a few minutes with nothing at stake (also, the irony of her carrying his poo poo is just delicious) then what would happen if they got married and had kids and she needed some quick help with something? So dumb.

But what if someone SEES him with the purse and assumes he is HOOOONGRY for DIIIIIIIIIIIICKS