Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 223 days!

Egbert Souse posted:

He made his inaugural day a national holiday for "patriots" :smugdon:

That one is actually just a one-day thing all Presidents do with a variety of names. It's hard to keep up with all the bullshit smokescreens, but that is one.

What he has done is remove all federal regulations- all of them, not some, all. And made it illegal for states to enforce their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Death By The Blues posted:

Makes sense. What dumb thing has Trump done yet? Out of the loop.

In somewhat good news managed to find and book a bathroom and stage for the infomercial. Also, got a lead on an airport.

Within hours of getting the keys to the Oval Office, whitehouse.gov was scrubbed of everything related to civil rights the ACA the environment, women's rights, etc. And his press secretary opened his first Press Conference with bald faced and incredibly petty lies about attendence at the inauguration.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
O golly.

Can I ask which state and cities you fine folk live in?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Congress just introduced a bill to repeal the ACA that doesn't require them to replace it with anything, and Trump affirmed his intentions to move forward on the DAPL.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 223 days!
https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/823584016116817920?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

behold the future

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Near Atlanta, GA here.

Skwirl posted:

Within hours of getting the keys to the Oval Office, whitehouse.gov was scrubbed of everything related to civil rights the ACA the environment, women's rights, etc. And his press secretary opened his first Press Conference with bald faced and incredibly petty lies about attendence at the inauguration.

That scares the hell out of me because it's so obvious. They're not even trying to hide the fact this is turning into a fascist regime.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Congress just introduced a bill to repeal the ACA that doesn't require them to replace it with anything, and Trump affirmed his intentions to move forward on the DAPL.

They also sent a bill to the Senate that would let Trump get rid of any regulations he wants without having to go through normal channels.

Strap in, everyone.

edit: I'm in Houston, TX

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
It's cool and good that I'm moving from Canada to the US in September and by that I mean fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccckkkkkkk

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
We can swap you with one of them.

I wanted to travel more to the states in the New Year, well before Trump was elected. Now well...ehh....

Atlanta seems like it would be fun though.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
California's fine, im not saying its good, its fine tho

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Another Houstonian here.

Egbert Souse posted:

That scares the hell out of me because it's so obvious. They're not even trying to hide the fact this is turning into a fascist regime.
I don't understand how anyone can be taken in by all of this. It's so goddamned obvious and disgusting. Like that proposed anti-regulation bill that would just let Trump eliminate any and all regulations without congressional approval. What the gently caress is that? I hope it's not going to pass, but with this congress, who knows?

I sincerely doubt the fucker even knows what he's signing. His staff probably puts poo poo in front of him and he'll stamp his name on whatever Congress wants. The one thing I readily believe he had a hand in was that idiotic executive order making January 20th a national patriots day or whatever.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

O golly.

Oakland, CA. So in the unlikely event a Nazi shows up somewhere I am,I probably won't get a chance to punch him because there's likely 5 other people around me with quicker fists.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

Another Houstonian here.

I don't understand how anyone can be taken in by all of this. It's so goddamned obvious and disgusting. Like that proposed anti-regulation bill that would just let Trump eliminate any and all regulations without congressional approval. What the gently caress is that? I hope it's not going to pass, but with this congress, who knows?

I sincerely doubt the fucker even knows what he's signing. His staff probably puts poo poo in front of him and he'll stamp his name on whatever Congress wants. The one thing I readily believe he had a hand in was that idiotic executive order making January 20th a national patriots day or whatever.

The whole "no, seriously, it was a record breaking inauguration" thing definitely came direct from Trump too.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

O golly.

Chicago protested so hard that Trump had to cancel his campaign event here. So if you visit, you should be safe.

Rest of the state is red though.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

California's fine, im not saying its good, its fine tho

At least you are getting rain though.

If my wildest dreams come true then I will be in Oakland and Chicago late late this year. Take me to your local haunts. DOP seems like the script enough she is letting us use her c100 free of charge.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

K. Waste posted:

Speaking of that alt-right friend I severed with, I'm currently having it out with him over how little I give a poo poo about how much neo-nazis and white nationalists hate each other. Should I post censored screen shots, or would that be too icky?

:justpost:

Makes sense. What dumb thing has Trump done yet? Out of the loop.

The press secretary literally yelled at the press for reporting that Trumpo's inauguration was smaller than Obama's, and then Kellyanne Conway supported him by suggesting his lies were "alternative facts".

edit: "trumpo" is a typo but it looks good there so

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Yea post it. Shame. Shame. Shame.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

At least you are getting rain though.

If my wildest dreams come true then I will be in Oakland and Chicago late late this year. Take me to your local haunts. DOP seems like the script enough she is letting us use her c100 free of charge.

I've given you a hard time occasionally, but hit me up when you're in Oakland and I'll buy you a beer. And then we'll go looking for Nazis to punch.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Go down to Fresno?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Go down to Fresno?

don't. don't. don't. don't. don't.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Looks like we got a third person.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
It's like Katamari Damacy but you roll up nazis and hurl them into the sun.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Skwirl posted:

Well today he barred federal funding from going to NGOs that do anything having to do with abortion.

Also, Tom Cotton, the senator from Arkansas who delayed the confirmation of Obama's nominee for ambassador to the Bahamas for over two years until she died of leukemia and admitted that he did it to cause personal pain to Obama, whined that the Democrats are holding up the CIA director nominee's confirmation. It's been a week.

Tbh, I'm more concerned that Trump's presidency will let the Congressional Republicans go hog wild with no resistance than about most anything Trump himself may be planning on doing.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I'm five minutes into The Wraith and it's the kind of Maximum 80's movie I thought only existed in bad parody

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I'm watching Taboo and The High Sparrow is in a room with Mace Tyrell and I'm like 'Guys, you gotta get the gently caress out of there quick'

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Tbh, I'm more concerned that Trump's presidency will let the Congressional Republicans go hog wild with no resistance than about most anything Trump himself may be planning on doing.

Oh absolutely.

I'm not going to feel bad for anyone who didn't realize how horrible Trump was gong to be, but I do worry about the mental health of people who thought Trump was a secret progressive because he said something nice about Planned Parenthood 20 years ago.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Where is a good spot in Oakland or San Fran to grab a beer Skwirl, also food.

Down for anything that is not seafood.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Where is a good spot in Oakland or San Fran to grab a beer Skwirl, also food.

Down for anything that is not seafood.

That is a god damned insane question.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I just rewatched Singing in the Rain for the first time as an adult. Saw it many times as a kid.

It holds up pretty well. Really well if you except the conceit that it's just a framework to showcase song and dance numbers. Like, moreso than your average musical. But "meta" aspect of it is really cool, and was completely lost on me as a child. It's just such a fun movie. Pretty sure I had a big grin on my face for the entire thing.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

This is one of those things that makes me so angry I can't even articulate it, there's so many loving things wrong here and far too many people either can't see what they are or just plain refuse to.

Slugworth posted:

Chicago protested so hard that Trump had to cancel his campaign event here. So if you visit, you should be safe.

Rest of the state is red though.

I'm in Massachusetts and my Senator has made it her mission to fight the Trump administration every step of the way.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I thought Labeouf was doing this to the Nazi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6VVc9NE0SA

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Apparently the surprise midnight movie at Sundance I blindly bought a ticket to is Get Out :woop:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

glam rock hamhock posted:

Apparently the surprise midnight movie at Sundance I blindly bought a ticket to is Get Out :woop:
:frogout:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

I had never heard of this and I just looked up the trailer. Holy balls that looks awesome.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So stoked for that.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ok, yeah, after watching the trailer for Get Out, I am suddenly interested. That dude with the lacrosse stick made me crack up though.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Peele doing horror seems pretty perfect.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

wyoming posted:

Peele doing horror seems pretty perfect.

Yep. The two of them have an awesome knowledge of movies, and their horror movie segments were some of their best on their show. I'm super excited for Get Out, and I'm really jealous you're getting to see it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Get Out loving ruled hard

Also I met Patton Oswalt who just happened to be there and while I just wanted to say hello I talked with him about film for like 5 minutes because he's just that cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Get Out loving ruled hard

Also I met Patton Oswalt who just happened to be there and while I just wanted to say hello I talked with him about film for like 5 minutes because he's just that cool

Did you get a chance to ask if he murdered his wife? Because apparently the internet thinks he killed his wife.

• Locked thread