Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Waltzing Along posted:

You got 6 right, at least. That last one though..no.

Clearly you are unfamiliar with the finest town theme ever composed...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dfk-dQceR3Y

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
I really enjoyed Xenoblade but man I was just not into X.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

zenintrude posted:

Clearly you are the familiar with the finest town theme ever composed...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dfk-dQceR3Y

Some good audio does not make up for a game that is subpar in the other areas. The other six he mentioned all excel at what they are trying to do. But XBX sucks as a RPG. So it fails and is bad.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

WiiU had Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101.
Those 2 alone justified the console's existence.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
XBX would have been so much better if they had just had goddamn audio controls so the music didn't drown out cutscene dialog.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

And man, what games

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I think I'm gonna wait a while on the switch. The price feels a touch steep and I have my doubts about nintendo's 1st party games going forward. Odyssey looks great but I think I can definitely wait on that. I'm honestly more interested in whatever the new FE game they have is (Not warriors, which also looks fun, but the full fledged mainline sequel).

I've got years worth of Wii Games for my Wii U i never played to occupy me and BOTW coming on the WiiU.

All that being said, did nintendo, or anyone else, say anything that might imply that the new SMT game is a Switch exclusive? I get the feeling that it wont be but that'd make me buy the system.

And since this is the defacto nintendo thread, just wanted to say that I'm playing the Prime Trilogy for the first time and I can sorta see what all the excitement is about. I cant imagine playing it with standard controls and I really love how the wiimote/nunchuck feels. I've barely made a dent in the first one so I'm excited to see how the others pan out.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The Atlus site says it has a '3DS' game and a 'HD Project' so it leads me to believe the Switch game is not an exclusive.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

SylvainMustach posted:

And since this is the defacto nintendo thread, just wanted to say that I'm playing the Prime Trilogy for the first time and I can sorta see what all the excitement is about. I cant imagine playing it with standard controls and I really love how the wiimote/nunchuck feels. I've barely made a dent in the first one so I'm excited to see how the others pan out.

Feel free to give progress reports/impressions - I love to vicariously experience the Prime Trilogy. :)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Does anyone think Nintendo will actually drop the price before Xmas 2018?

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

TaurusOxford posted:

Feel free to give progress reports/impressions - I love to vicariously experience the Prime Trilogy. :)

the Incinerator Drone was a god drat pain in the rear end and my hand hurts

edit:

Pureauthor posted:

The Atlus site says it has a '3DS' game and a 'HD Project' so it leads me to believe the Switch game is not an exclusive.

cool that's sort of what I thought.

As much as I like what the switch offers, I'm leaning towards following up my Wii U with a PS4 since I really want to play FFXV and Persona 5 and it doesn't look like either are coming to the Switch (not even sure if the switch could play FFXV)

edit edit:

Is there any word on them getting rid of the Wii Shop anytime soon?

There are a few VC games on there that I wouldn't mind grabbing but I'd rather pace it out.

SylvainMustach fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 24, 2017

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Waltzing Along posted:

Does anyone think Nintendo will actually drop the price before Xmas 2018?

I am holding out for a holiday bundle w/something. Maybe Mario if things go south really fast.

Or whenever Smash Bros. For Big Mac Deluxe comes out.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/AKbD9b6QI9SXBhzVc2wY

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm not gonna buy a switch unless the aggregate metacritic score is of the standards I am used to in the Sony PlayStation 4

RME
Feb 20, 2012

im going to buy a switch
i also play magic: the gathering regularly
do not trust my decisions about expendable money

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RME posted:

im going to buy a switch

Me too but I haven't bought a card in quite a while and if you aren't OK with me using my cards from the 90s you can gently caress right off. Unrestricted legacy clusterfuck forever.

Also can't wait for my switch

RME
Feb 20, 2012

most important part of magic is knowing what you want out of magic, really

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I got xenoblade on the 3ds, but now I'm wishing I got it on wii u for the bigger screen. It being some kind of wii port doesn't mean it has some kind of wii remote controls bs does it?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Davoren posted:

I got xenoblade on the 3ds, but now I'm wishing I got it on wii u for the bigger screen. It being some kind of wii port doesn't mean it has some kind of wii remote controls bs does it?

You can play it with the classic controller

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Ah well, not buying a cc for one game, especially as I went in on the 3ds version.

As much as I would like to keep some games with me on the switch, I'm pretty tired of buying the same things all the time. I'm way more interested in new games, especially at the rate nintendo reduces prices.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TaurusOxford posted:

Well they sure as hell can't afford another SFV fiasco, and when they say "story mode" it had better be on par with what Netherrealm brings to the table.

I don't. Capcom have always been poo poo at story at the best of times, add in a sprawling multicharacter narrative that also talks about diffwrent dimensions and you're just gonna get a WiiU. Like, just a ladder fight for each character with a beginning and an end is what we should be hoping for.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So if you get Puyopuyo Tetris its $30 digital but if you buy it physical it $40 and you get 2 free keychains for preordering.

https://twitter.com/PuyoOfficial/status/823636102971916288

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I can't wait until homebrew hits the Switch and we can play every Nintendo console or portable game ever made on something that is both a console and a portable.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fulchrum posted:

Like, just a ladder fight for each character with a beginning and an end is what we should be hoping for.

No, that's a foolish thing to hope for, cause all that's gonna result in is people making GBS threads on Capcom again when Injustice 2 comes out.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Noticed a bunch of Switch accessories, like cases and stands go up on the Canadian Amazon site.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Jarogue posted:

So if you get Puyopuyo Tetris its $30 digital but if you buy it physical it $40 and you get 2 free keychains for preordering.

https://twitter.com/PuyoOfficial/status/823636102971916288

Ah gently caress, and here I was thinking I'd go digital. gently caress you tchotchkes! :argh:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TaurusOxford posted:

No, that's a foolish thing to hope for, cause all that's gonna result in is people making GBS threads on Capcom again when Injustice 2 comes out.

As opposed to making GBS threads on them when they try to do a story and end up with something equal parts insane, stupid and bullshit.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

RME posted:

im going to buy a switch

:same:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fulchrum posted:

As opposed to making GBS threads on them when they try to do a story and end up with something equal parts insane, stupid and bullshit.

I give them a pass with SFV because that was their first attempt at it. If Marvel: Infinite is more of the same, then i'll probably jump on the same boat you're on.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I can't wait until homebrew hits the Switch and we can play every Nintendo console or portable game ever made on something that is both a console and a portable.

Haha yeah I love stealing poo poo too haha

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I hope the guy unloading the truck at Walmart gets distracted. I'm going to steal all the switches. Haha, I am a criminal.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I am holding out for a holiday bundle w/something. Maybe Mario if things go south really fast.

Or whenever Smash Bros. For Big Mac Deluxe comes out.

I'm thinking we'll see a 1 2 switch bundle for Christmas.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Same goes for stuff like Super Mario 3D World.

lol if you think the switch will ever have super mario 3d world before the heat death of the universe, assuming it will ever be ported

they haven't even announced ports of their best selling wii u titles like mario maker or smash

they even managed to gently caress up mk8 switch release, literally the laziest port, by not making it in time for launch

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kawabata posted:

they even managed to gently caress up mk8 switch release, literally the laziest port, by not making it in time for launch

They don't want Breath of the Wild cannibalizing the sales of other big games.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I doubt the price will go down any time soon. I'm expecting $349 bundles for the holidays.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TaurusOxford posted:

I give them a pass with SFV because that was their first attempt at it. If Marvel: Infinite is more of the same, then i'll probably jump on the same boat you're on.

First attempt? Where have you been?

Capcom have given us cyborg wife arms, amnesiac clone daughters, midget napoleon zombie cult leaders, boulder punching, a secret government bio weapon destroying the world 4 separate times and every time it's treated as a twist, a mayor who punches crime til it goes away, naked cat girl nuns, and filling someone's dark soul with LIGHT!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I wish they'd make a New Super Mario Bros that uses the gameplay of SMB2.

It's like they took a few things they wanted from that game and then never used the rest.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

They don't want Breath of the Wild cannibalizing the sales of other big games.

This doesn't make sense though. People who don't have MK8 or who want to buy it again will do so regardless, just not at the same time as BOTW. They needed anything they could find to bolster the release lineup and god knows there's enough shovelware already.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kawabata posted:

This doesn't make sense though. People who don't have MK8 or who want to buy it again will do so regardless, just not at the same time as BOTW. They needed anything they could find to bolster the release lineup and god knows there's enough shovelware already.

It makes perfect sense. Nintendo does not want its own top tier franchises competing with each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Waltzing Along posted:

So you are saying the opposite? Because the yen is weak, the US dollar should buy LESS in Japan?

Or are you saying they should cost the same in each location, regardless of the value of the currency? I could see your point there, thought that is not what is happening.

But if you are saying the US dollar should have less buying power then I think you are confused.

I was saying the weak yen means it's cheaper to make so it shouldn't cost 70 loving dollars american to buy in the us. I misread your post though, I thought you were saying the msrp was high because of the weak yen. My bad

• Locked thread