Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SyntheticPolygon posted:

She's pretty funny in HM and ULiL, and y'know tragic past and all. However, i'm still mad at her popularity because it's the only reason Hartmann's Youkai Girl is rank 3 in the music poll and it's not that good.

Right. She was below her sister (who to me is more relevant than Koishi pre-HM), and then shot up after. Agreed on the song though, and same with UN Owen.

Part of me hope some of the more forgotten chars show up in 15.5.

Except Mima. Mima is not coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Is the Fortune Teller the Manabi Line of Touhou popularity? Should we be viewing characters through the lens of whether they're more or less popular than a Dracula-looking motherfucker who showed up for seven pages before getting killed?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Also the Three Fairies of Light ranking so low is bullshit

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Also the Three Fairies of Light ranking so low is bullshit

counterpoint: nah.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

HellCopter posted:

Frandle has cool wings
They inspired a Magic card, I'm pretty sure

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

If only Frandlo's wings actually looked that cool

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Flandre's popularity is odd, yeah. I mean, I guess she was the first bonus boss of the "start" of the game series as everyone is familiar with it, but, like, her presence outside of fan work is so thin. She's not even particularly story-relevant the way other bonus bosses like Suwako, Mamizou, and Yukari in particular are; she's some kid whose sister keeps her locked in the basement so she doesn't murder people.

Tangent, I'm pretty okay with Yukari making the list at 17 and some of her pairings ranking fairly well as well. For a character who hasn't been playable in a long time (I was going to say she hasn't appeared at all but she was a boss in that one side game and appeared in a main game ending recently) that's not too bad.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
She's the opposite of story-relevant: Bernie Flanders is up there for character with the least number of appearances, or even allusions to her existence, flat. It's like EoSD, the lorebooks, and one Three Fairies chapter and that's basically it.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
She fills a fairly unique niche by being totes insane. Most touhous are either well-adjusted, dorks, arrogant, or nutso but normal by Gensokyo standards.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
She's not even that. She's mentioned to be a little unstable and that's it, with almost no further explanation. If anything, she could just have clinical depression, even.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Maybe she's just socially awkward after getting, you know, locked in a basement for 500 years.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
The alternative is that Remilia is totally evil for keeping her there for no reason.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
She is a vampire. They are inherently evil.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

iospace posted:

Part of me hopes some of the more forgotten chars show up in 15.5.

Especially Mima. Mima is coming back.

Satori knows what you're thinking, don't lie

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

el dorito posted:

Satori knows what you're thinking, don't lie

That Mima is overrated? Yup! :thumbsup:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

She isn't drawn with big titties, and if you look up hentai of her you get arrested.

She's a Zun character, nobody is drawn with big ol' hooters.

Hell, save a few of the fighting game sprites nobody in Touhou appears to have cans.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

oh yeah??????

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
clownpiece

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

https://twitter.com/F_Dragon/status/823521324026839041

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
I don't condone hate speech against rabbits.

Please don't be mean to rabbits.

#rabbitlivesmatter

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

WarpedNaba posted:

She's a Zun character, nobody is drawn with big ol' hooters.

Hell, save a few of the fighting game sprites nobody in Touhou appears to have cans.

Komachichis

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
Also Bunbunmaru is for the birds. I don't get why some people crow about it so much. You must be practically cuckoo to take such literary squawkings seriously.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq3B3M5PoZk
This is the only song in the series that received absolutely no votes as anyone's favorite in the popularity poll, every other one got at least one.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mighty Dicktron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq3B3M5PoZk
This is the only song in the series that received absolutely no votes as anyone's favorite in the popularity poll, every other one got at least one.

:rip:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What the hell fans. That's one of the best score screen themes around! It's catchy and just listen at that subtle Gengetsu leitmotif in it!
Then again that melody is omnipresent throughout the series. Pretty sure I saw a video about it once.

I'm curious, how many votes did the modern score theme get? That one's been the same for a while now hasn't it?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Isn't the modern one based on Kanako's theme?

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked

Clarste posted:

Isn't the modern one based on Kanako's theme?

Yes.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Get hype for clownpiece manga in a few days.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

poo poo, that's like tomorrow isn't it? Uh oh.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The score theme was the same from 10 to 12, then got remixed for 13 onwards, but more or less kept the same tune.
And I found that video I mentioned but in retrospect it's less of a melody/leitmotif reoccurring throughout the series and more to do with ZUN's style of composing.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

iospace posted:

Except Mima. Mima is not coming back.

Fake news! FAKE NEWS!!!!

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Clarste posted:

poo poo, that's like tomorrow isn't it? Uh oh.

I believe in y'all. prayer emoji

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Takoluka posted:

Fake news! FAKE NEWS!!!!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Forbidden Scrollery 47! In which, I'm not gonna spoil it, read it yourself. It's a good one.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mamzo getting cocky and Akyuu showing her stuff. Good chapter.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It will be very interesting to see what happens now that Kosuzu know's Mamizou's deal

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

El Burbo posted:

It will be very interesting to see what happens now that Kosuzu know's Mamizou's deal

Very much.

Also, who in gensokyo isn't a troll at times, seriously.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

El Burbo posted:

I just want Mamizou to try and drag Reimu down with her when confronted about it.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

AAGH, look at those hands on page 1!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rectus posted:

AAGH, look at those hands on page 1!

You know you're into touhou when bad hands don't immediately stick out at you.