Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Gerblyn posted:

I'm not disagreeing with you here, I'm just raising the possibility that there might be some explanation behind why the guy is acting the way he is. She stayed with him for 5 years, he must have had redeeming features at some point in the past but something changed and I was just speculating as to what.

she's the girl who's working herself to death making sure no stray goes unadopted, I'm betting it just took her five years to finally admit some should be sent back to the shelter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

the fact that she did it so casually and in a place she could so easily be caught tells me this happens all the loving time and this is the point it's escalated to

he should get tested for STDs and file for divorce immediately

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Additionally as a Charitable Dude I would have had good charities in mind during the Cheap Gibe™ phase of the conversation.

Or even said "let's find one together that we're both passionate about".

Also, if you can empty a wine glass in one gulp then either you're the oral Kirk Johnson or there wasn't much in it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gonna give some props, cheating during a party while family is there is incredibly bold if nothing else.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Barudak posted:

Gonna give some props, cheating during a party while family is there is incredibly bold if nothing else.

yeah imo it says "looking for the thrill of spicy, risky sex" which is the kind of thing you do with somebody when regular loving isn't cutting it for you anymore

how many times do you think she's cheated on this guy in 9 years of marriage? i figure it's gotta be a whole bunch, right?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mirthless posted:

yeah imo it says "looking for the thrill of spicy, risky sex" which is the kind of thing you do with somebody when regular loving isn't cutting it for you anymore

how many times do you think she's cheated on this guy in 9 years of marriage? i figure it's gotta be a whole bunch, right?

Oh its a whoooooole bunch. Dude needs to get divorced asap and, as far as things can be called lucky, his family has unambiguous experience of why they are now divorced so theyll have his back.

As someone above mentioned he should probably get tested for STDs.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Mirthless posted:

c. He hadn't tried to dictate to his girlfriend what pets she could have in the house that belongs to her
This was posted in the reddit thread and I kinda hate it. No, the name on the deed is not a trump card as far as home decision-making is concerned. It may be only her house but it's certainly his home as well. She should obviously get veto power to changes to the property but come on, pets are things you talk about and decide on with the other members of your shared household. It's extra true with pets (compared to say, furniture, which is still something your partner/roommates get a say in) because a pet in the home necessarily conveys some amount of responsibility to all members of the household.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

This was posted in the reddit thread and I kinda hate it. No, the name on the deed is not a trump card as far as home decision-making is concerned. It may be only her house but it's certainly his home as well. She should obviously get veto power to changes to the property but come on, pets are things you talk about and decide on with the other members of your shared household. It's extra true with pets (compared to say, furniture, which is still something your partner/roommates get a say in) because a pet in the home necessarily conveys some amount of responsibility to all members of the household.

It was a tree frog and he put his foot down like he was the king of the castle. They weren't even married. They broke up and now he has to move out.

Just can't feel bad for him. :shrug:

Edit: Seriously though I would see your point if it was like a dog or another cat or a bird or something that took up space, made things smell bad, required a lot of care and/or made a lot of noise, but it was basically a set piece decoration she wanted to relieve anxiety and the way he framed it makes him sound ridiculous and controlling. It wasn't even his place to put his foot down, he knew it and she knew it and that's why things ended this way.

The lady wasn't in a hoarder situation and wasn't expecting any additional work or commitment from him so I don't think he had any place to get angry about it in the first place.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 24, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

if it was a dog or something yeah sure but a tree frog is basically a vertebrate houseplant

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

if it was a dog or something yeah sure but a tree frog is basically a vertebrate houseplant

Careful now, they have feelings too (mostly hunger).

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Yeah, really, how much maintenance and energy does a tree frog require that a person with years of veterinary experience wouldn't be able to handle all by themselves?

Looking on Google, seems like the only thing they need is a small enclosure and the most basic equipment, no special care regimens, no crazy (read: specific) humidity requirements, dietary requirements are easy to meet. They're easier to keep than goldfish.

Imagine this same story and everything is the same but he's going ballistic over her bringing home a betta fish from walmart

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 24, 2017

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Lifetime movie in the making here:

quote:

I [17 F] don't understand the behavior of my basketball coach [30s-40s M]Personal issues

I am on Varsity for my school's basketball team. We have two coaches, one who works with freshman and sophomores on the team, and one who works with juniors and seniors. This guy works with freshman and sophomores.

We had a few practice sessions with JV before our season actually started, and he came off as very friendly to everyone. Throughout practice, though, he became very hostile towards me, and attempted to convince the other coach that I didn't belong on Varsity.

He then invited me to help train the sophomores and freshman later, and buttered me up, telling me how grateful the team was to have me and how responsible and caring I was. All smiles.
This same "alternating personality routine" continued for a few more weeks on and off. He's either a complete bonehead, or all smiles. I don't know which to expect.

My dad helps me practice at home for my separate travel team, and he knows this. He therefore sometimes says stuff like, "Let me be your dad. Let me help you and coach you. I'll make you feel comfortable. I'm just like your dad. You'll feel perfectly fine."

This kind of creeps me out, and my dad and mom agree that it's not normal. I am hosting several service opportunities at school, and he now is constantly emailing me on my school email (he's a teacher at the school) asking for my number so we can communicate through text about this project. He doesn't ask in person during practices, and I ignore these emails.

He asked to come to my latest service project involving kids with special needs, and I really don't want him there. I told him that we already had too many volunteers and I didn't want anyone to feel overwhelmed.

He is still asking, though, and I feel like I need a better excuse, though because he insists on coming and says he has marked his calendar.
Is this behavior normal, first of all? And second, any excuse ideas?

tl;dr: Weird-behaving, creepy varsity basketball coach wants to come to a service opportunity I'm hosting and is constantly emailing me about it. How do I tell him that I don't want him to come without risking my varsity spot on the team? I need excuses! It's better if you just read the whole thing, it makes more sense

:redflag: :redflag:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

La Brea Carpet posted:

Lifetime movie in the making here:

:redflag: :redflag:

She needs to find the contact page for her school district and start reaching out to people, because this is a rape waiting to happen

What a loving creepy dude, what a loving creepy story.

quote:

tl;dr: Weird-behaving, creepy varsity basketball coach wants to come to a service opportunity I'm hosting and is constantly emailing me about it. How do I tell him that I don't want him to come without risking my varsity spot on the team? I need excuses! It's better if you just read the whole thing, it makes more sense

ugggggh I can just imagine this dude trying to leverage this for sexual favors

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

quote:

He therefore sometimes says stuff like, "Let me be your dad. Let me help you and coach you. I'll make you feel comfortable. I'm just like your dad. You'll feel perfectly fine."
run girl!

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I am so glad she told her parents, although if I was her parent I'd be five steps ahead on the "call someone and get that rear end in a top hat fired" path.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Benagain posted:

I am so glad she told her parents, although if I was her parent I'd be five steps ahead on the "call someone and get that rear end in a top hat fired" path.

Yeah what the gently caress are her parents doing?

I found the comment thread and the girl was making posts four months ago on /r/teenagers listing herself as [14F] which makes this whole story a billion times loving worse

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mirthless posted:

Yeah what the gently caress are her parents doing?

I found the comment thread and the girl was making posts four months ago on /r/teenagers listing herself as [14F] which makes this whole story a billion times loving worse

4 months ago she was 14? That seems suspicious...

Assuming this story is true though, I agree. What the gently caress are her parent's doing. That poo poo needs to go straight to the principal at the very least.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ouhei posted:

4 months ago she was 14? That seems suspicious...

Assuming this story is true though, I agree. What the gently caress are her parent's doing. That poo poo needs to go straight to the principal at the very least.

14 is exactly the age where you lie about how old you are online to sound more mature

Her naivete makes a lot more sense to me now

I'd go over the principal entirely and go straight to someone at the district level. The gym teacher's going to have friends and colleagues at the school he works at, people who might try to protect him or shield him from the worst consequences.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

They're trying to keep from ruining her life at school, where she will be ostracized by most of her team and friends for trying to get Mr Coach fired when he was just trying to be helpful and didn't do anything wrong it was just some emails he said she said.

:commissar:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jill of the Jungle there loving rules and I'm glad she not only dumped that clown but got an extra tree frog out of the deal

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

purple death ray posted:

Jill of the Jungle there loving rules and I'm glad she not only dumped that clown but got an extra tree frog out of the deal

the extra tree frog is such a hilarious capper to the story, seems like they always realize they're being a tremendous douche just too late for it to matter

i bet this guy is going to be obsessively following her social media profiles and furiously drunk texting her when she posts pictures of her and her new boyfriend that loves animals and values the work she does

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

she's the girl who's working herself to death making sure no stray goes unadopted, I'm betting it just took her five years to finally admit some should be sent back to the shelter

Yeah, and as we have seen, it generally takes people way too long to break up. Frankly, she seems really awesome, and he seems like a nasty piece of work. The kind of person who says, "I don't really like animals" has never born out as anyone I wanted anything to do with.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Haha yeah it's her house that he lives in for free because she has good jobs, I think his claims to decide what goes on there are 0 and nil respectively. Mostly because he was the other rescue animal she was supporting until she realized his lovely behavior around the other pets made him incompatible with her household.

I mean I don't doubt she's probably somewhere on the crazy rescue lady spectrum, which correlates with dating lovely guys. There's a quote I like about this phenomenon:

"Women love a sick child or a healthy animal; A man who is both itches them like an incubus." - Marilyn Hacker

P.S. Cheating on your husband at his own party in your house while everyone you're close to is there is a kind of cheater lazy I've yet to see and it is beautiful.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

purple death ray posted:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Tiny Deer posted:

Haha yeah it's her house that he lives in for free because she has good jobs, I think his claims to decide what goes on there are 0 and nil respectively. Mostly because he was the other rescue animal she was supporting until she realized his lovely behavior around the other pets made him incompatible with her household.

I mean I don't doubt she's probably somewhere on the crazy rescue lady spectrum, which correlates with dating lovely guys. There's a quote I like about this phenomenon:

"Women love a sick child or a healthy animal; A man who is both itches them like an incubus." - Marilyn Hacker

P.S. Cheating on your husband at his own party in your house while everyone you're close to is there is a kind of cheater lazy I've yet to see and it is beautiful.

I think as far as crazy rescue lady goes, she's not doing that bad. Four total pets and a tree frog isn't that bad. It seems like she knows how to sanitize her personal life from her charitable work, at least enough that she's not becoming one of those people with 10-15 fosters operating a "rescue" out of her living room.

It still kills me that he seriously thought he could "put his foot down" in the house he wasn't even paying rent in. :byewhore:

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
I think when my babby Tokay gecko gets big enough to be moved in with her future husbando, I will move other geckos around to make room for a tree frog. Cuz why not.

Cless Alvein fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 24, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiny Deer posted:

i don't like it when strangers know me that well :argh:

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Pick posted:

i don't like it when strangers know me that well :argh:

I may have actually heard of that quote from you years ago now that I think about it.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I [22/F] and my fiancee [22/M] - I had a breakdown and accidentally pissed on him, now I feel like our relationship is over. Yes, alcohol was involved. He won't forgive me.

quote:

Throwaway because I don't want anyone to know how hosed up I am.

I feel it is necessary to mention, even though I am NOT blaming this situation or my behavior on the fact, that I have MDD (Major Depressive Disorder) with psychotic symptoms. If you are unfamiliar with it, think manic depressive or bipolar, but without the highs and only the lows. I am medicated but very financially strung thin right now, with a few nosy relatives who work at my local low-income mental health clinic which makes me nervous to pursue therapy. My episodes tend to come on very rapidly for an indeterminable amount of time, anywhere from days to weeks with a month or so in between. While alcohol was a trigger in this instance, it has NOT been in any other occasion. I would like to stress that. I strongly believe it had much to do with last night but want to stress that I am very aware this is a problem above and beyond its influence. Anyway.

Last night, my boyfriend and I watched a couple horror movies after putting our son to bed. We had been drinking pretty heavily. Think 2 to 4 shots an hour for four hours or so. This was heavily irresponsible of us in retrospect. We were celebrating something, but I understand now that we should have been more responsible. We live out of town and should never have incapacitated ourselves without a sitter. Son is fine, but I digress.

We were watching a Korean horror film when I was triggered very badly. (I have PTSD as well, but it is normally well managed) There was a scene where a woman was being choked and killed and I just... I lost it. It's impossible to describe. I told my boyfriend, because I wanted someone grounded in reality to help, that I wanted to take all the pills of a certain kind we had in the house (Benadryl) and that after feeling the effects I would self-harm to the point of suicide.

He laughed in my face. Laughed. Said I would "do nothing but trip balls" and helped me get the pills ready. Then, when I grabbed them to take them, stood behind me and put his arm around my neck in a chokehold (that is my NUMBER ONE trigger - my ex choked me into unconsciousness routinely) so I.... I pissed myself. I was terrified. He yelled for over 20 minutes about how disgusting I was. Then he told me that if I can't control pissing on him then how can he control yelling at me?

I tried to leave then, but he wouldn't let me out the door. I just wanted to crawl into the woods and die. But I crawled into bed instead, and now I'm awake and he's still asleep. I don't know what to do.

I'm sorry for the wall of text. Anyone who read this all is a loving saint.

tl;dr: Fiancee and I were drinking - I was triggered by something not his fault and felt extremely suicidal while he laughed at how silly my thoughts were. His arm went around my neck and I got so scared I pissed myself. He lost it and yelled at me for 20 minutes because some pee got on him and told me that he shouldn't have to control his yelling if I can't even control my pissing.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I [22/F] and my fiancee [22/M] - I had a breakdown and accidentally pissed on him, now I feel like our relationship is over. Yes, alcohol was involved. He won't forgive me.

What the gently caress

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
MUR. DER.

:murder:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Those two sound so trashy. That poor kid.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

:allbuttons:

Just :murder: them both.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 24, 2017

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
16 shots in one night and they have a kid. Jesus.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Do tree frogs make noise at all because if they're that easy to take care of I'm thinking about getting one. How chill would that be to just sit back and smoke some weed with a little frog just chirping in the background

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Unironically i think that poor childs life might be improved if he were kidnapped and raised by his kidnapper.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

That poor, poor kid. Poor mom, too, her partner sounds like a loving monster, although I question her decision making re: drinking heavily on medication while having a history of psychotic episodes. But mental illness is a hell of a drug.

But mostly: poor kid, Jesus. I hope your mom leaves your dad and gets help.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Barudak posted:

Unironically i think that poor childs life might be improved if he were kidnapped and raised by his kidnapper.
You assume the kid isn't going to be full of mental problems too. Hello lovely genetics

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Everything about this is sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Barudak posted:

Help, I [14M] just met my real parents and found out I was snatched out of the crib as a child, how do I politely but firmly tell them to gently caress off and not disrupt my life? (non-romantic)