Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Kids are gross and should not be had

As a server, this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Anals of History posted:

Got a notification that MSU stole a couple of 3*s from Ohio. This is life now, I guess.

One will end up as an All Big Ten selection, it's how things go.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah I'm not exactly bothered by the idea of Mark Dantonio having to develop unheralded recruits

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Desmond King was committed to like Miami (OH) or something like that when Iowa flipped him

E: Ball State apparently but whatever, all red teams in the MAC with bird mascots look alike

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 24, 2017

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Desmond King was committed to like Miami (OH) or something like that when Iowa flipped him

E: Ball State apparently but whatever, all red teams in the MAC with bird mascots look alike

chirp chirp

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Aren't the Redhawks technically named after a tribe or something?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Aren't the Redhawks technically named after a tribe or something?

Sort of. They used to be the Redskins until like 1997. The Miami tribe was understandably less than thrilled so they flipped to Redhawks.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah I'm not sure I'll survive another 110+ ranked offense.

We survived Zook and Muschamp. We can do this.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Yeah I'm not exactly bothered by the idea of Mark Dantonio having to develop unheralded recruits

Hi, VT fan here. That works until it doesn't and when it doesn't you are fuuuuuuucked.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I unironically had no idea until the NFC championship game that Ronald Zook was employed by an NFL team. I thought he was still a a bank teller

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Crotch Bat posted:

Hi, VT fan here. That works until it doesn't and when it doesn't you are fuuuuuuucked.

Your worst seasons under Beamer are better than the rock bottom we just hit and we're not in the middle of nowhere like Blacksburg so eh. I don't expect to go back to the playoff any time soon but I have no problem with being a consistently competitive team.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Your worst seasons under Beamer are better than the rock bottom we just hit and we're not in the middle of nowhere like Blacksburg so eh. I don't expect to go back to the playoff any time soon but I have no problem with being a consistently competitive team.

How many assistants has Dantonio lost recently?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Our worst seasons under Beamer were held afloat by being in a terrible division (2nd or 3rd worst team in the then-worst division in all of P5), having a terrible cross-divisional foe (BC), and depending on a somehow even worse in-state rival to become bowl eligible 3 of the last 4 years. They also played Clemson and FSU a total of one time each in those 4 years.

Ready for the majority of VT wins from 2012-2015?

4 x UVA
3 x GT
2 x UNC, Duke, BC
1 x Pitt, Miami, NCSU

VT is a sub-.500 team 3 of the last 4 years under Beamer if VT was in any other P5 conference with a record just like MSU.

Like I said, coaching up kids works until it doesn't. When you fall behind it's so difficult to climb back without completely overhauling. I don't know if MSU is really struggling to recruit even up to their normal levels but I'd worry if they did.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It's more like they've returned to their normal levels

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

It's more like they've returned to their normal levels

If VT still had Beamer there was a 100% chance they'd have been a 4-5 win team this year at best. The Coastal is no longer the joke it had been in recent years. Miami, UNC, Pitt, GT all finished 8-4 or 9-3.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Pitt is good and is now and the king of football in Pennsylvania and will be for a long period of time, amen.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The Coastal's loaded with coaching talent, too. I wouldn't call any HC there bad.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

In "you can't make this poo poo up" news, Rudy is now a Mormon. :psyduck:

Here he is in full super special baptismal regalia.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jan 24, 2017

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE
^Cool tyvek suits.

Pakled posted:

The Coastal's loaded with coaching talent, too. I wouldn't call any HC there bad.

Liar.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Good, now Catholic folk will stop playing that terrible garbage.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Crotch Bat posted:

That's amazing.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Crotch Bat posted:

"I'm the guy that wipes down the loads."

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

It was just funny having it pop up in a notification and coming with a headline like GOT EM COACH. Then again, Mormons are fistpumping online about snagging Rudy so maybe stuff like this is more newsworthy than I think.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
ACC schedule for 2017 is out.
http://raycomsports.com/sports_labs_docs/m-footbl/2017_m-footbl_schedule.pdf

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I like the schedule for Clemson besides the Friday night game. I really like getting FSU late in the year.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
GT gets 3 teams that have byes before facing us, Miami, WF, and Clemson, all in a row. The most in the ACC. That's brutal, but not unexpected.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Crotch Bat posted:

They look like the grunts at the end of Hardcore Henry.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So, FAU's second game is in Madison.

How badly does it go for Kiffin?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
MSU has also flipped recruits from Temple, Georgia Southern and Boston College. Let's go!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MSU has also flipped recruits from Temple, Georgia Southern and Boston College. Let's go!

There goes BC's hopes of finding Flutie 2.0

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Is Taggert going to make it to spring camp, let alone start of next year?

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/01/oregon_ducks_receivers_coach_j.html

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I bet he's getting paid by Oregon boosters to tank it for Chip.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So in Last Chance U, when one of the recruiters asks what he can do to get one of the kids to come play for them and the kid literally says "there's cameras" thats like, well duh he is going to ask for money and once the coach says they play by NCAA rules, you couldn't be any more sure the player was going to ask for money and they coach probably has been down for it in the past.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

iospace posted:

So, FAU's second game is in Madison.

How badly does it go for Kiffin?

FAU's expectations are that they make a bowl game every other year or so.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

So in Last Chance U, when one of the recruiters asks what he can do to get one of the kids to come play for them and the kid literally says "there's cameras" thats like, well duh he is going to ask for money and once the coach says they play by NCAA rules, you couldn't be any more sure the player was going to ask for money and they coach probably has been down for it in the past.

Everyone has bag men. Some bags are bigger than others

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

vyst posted:

Everyone has bag men. Some bags are bigger than others

I just meant that it was so obvious. I mean, do what you do and get paid and all, but drat man.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

I just meant that it was so obvious. I mean, do what you do and get paid and all, but drat man.

That whole series was less about the kids and more about how hosed up the system is and the lovely human being that coach was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

vyst posted:

That whole series was less about the kids and more about how hosed up the system is and the lovely human being that coach was

Yeah I dont like anyone except the academic advisor and she should be getting paid millions a year for what she probably has to deal with from all sides.

• Locked thread