Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I don't know about the others but Paradox games are loving ridiculously complex, you can playtest the poo poo out of those things as much as is financially feasible and still miss 90% of the bugs that are gonna pop up when millions of people start playing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I think Cheetah is like right next to his condo or maybe in the same building, I think that's why it's appealing to him.

it loving blows

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
That's a bummer, I saw they had saturday brunch and was intrigued

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

I don't know about the others but Paradox games are loving ridiculously complex, you can playtest the poo poo out of those things as much as is financially feasible and still miss 90% of the bugs that are gonna pop up when millions of people start playing it

autospy turvey in LF many years ago did a Let's Play with Victoria and it was the funniest thread I've ever read.

He managed to get Serbia into the American Civl War and was good enough at the game to convince russia to give him moscow or something.

SERBIA FOURTH ROME

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Alaois posted:

I'll say that Paradox games are much better at launch than in the EU 3 days. Crusader Kings 2 was a real turning point.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Holy poo poo I spent 3 years as an unpaid babysitter

Holy loving poo poo has it been that long?

Going back to bland/bad food chat I finally got my mother (who grew up on a goddamned farm) to try medium rare steak. She believed it wasn't done unless it was leather, and it took me years to forgive her for growing up like that--also we ate steak like twice in 12 years I can remember as a kid since no one liked it for some reason or other.

She loved it :unsmith:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
In reality I'm in town for like 35 hours, I'm going to be drunk from the time I leave Cleveland to the time I get back, it'll be fun no matter what

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

This is probably the best metaphor for a relationship I have read.

Also works for life in general really.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

autospy turvey in LF many years ago did a Let's Play with Victoria and it was the funniest thread I've ever read.

He managed to get Serbia into the American Civl War and was good enough at the game to convince russia to give him moscow or something.

SERBIA FOURTH ROME

Other forums for those paradox games were where I realized just how prominent nazis were becoming on the internet.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Vicky 2 is the best game of our generation.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

Other forums for those paradox games were where I realized just how prominent nazis were becoming on the internet.

"No but we just want a Holocaust mod for HoI because of historical immersion!"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Which is sad because modern Para games have gotten a lot better at letting you play as non-European powers in Europa Universalis and HoI and Crusader Kings.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Uh it's called europa universalis

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

paradox went out of their way to say you couldn't ethnically cleanse in their games

now convert all the citizens of a majority black province to soldiers and march them to their death? whelp, jesus take the wheel

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

What about the guy who got banned from his guild because he was raiding in the waiting room while his wife was giving birth?

My favorite wow story was a guy in my guild who had a home invsion during the middle of a raid. He was into juijitsu though so he beat the poo poo out of the robber and then hog tied him with zip ties and went back to raiding. Turns out the robber was also into Wow and they had a good conversation while waiting for the cops.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I want to try jiujitsu but I don't want to get close enough to smell another man's sweat, unless its on the gridiron of course

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Yo Fiz maybe weird question but is your name Josh and do you know an Amanda and a Perla in Atlanta?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Remember when public BETAs were more than just some 3 day publicity event? Now they are just long enough for people to have fun but short enough that no one discovers the huge flaws.

On Steam it's the opposite when games are in alpha but they sell it to the public and let them sort it out before "release"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

WoW Goon stories are nothing compared to EVE Goon stories. BobFromMarketing trying to reach an agreement with the parents of a 14 year old Icelandic girl that would allow him to gently caress her comes to mind. Or anything to do with Ramedial.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

Yo Fiz maybe weird question but is your name Josh and do you know an Amanda and a Perla in Atlanta?

it is not.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

WoW Goon stories are nothing compared to EVE Goon stories. BobFromMarketing trying to reach an agreement with the parents of a 14 year old Icelandic girl that would allow him to gently caress her comes to mind.

Was BobFromMarketing also an EVE Goon, I mostly remember the drama around that whole thing involving an ArcheAge guild, and the members of said guild being very blase about him being a pedo because he was good at fishing or some poo poo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

WoW Goon stories are nothing compared to EVE Goon stories.

The word Goon is superfluous here.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Alaois posted:

Was BobFromMarketing also an EVE Goon, I mostly remember the drama around that whole thing involving an ArcheAge guild, and the members of said guild being very blase about him being a pedo because he was good at fishing or some poo poo

Bob was a fleet commander in GoonSwarm for quite a while.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

WoW Goon stories are nothing compared to EVE Goon stories. BobFromMarketing trying to reach an agreement with the parents of a 14 year old Icelandic girl that would allow him to gently caress her comes to mind. Or anything to do with Ramedial.

Reach an agreement?

What does that entail

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Reach an agreement?

What does that entail

Honestly I forget the exact details but it was just as disturbing as it sounds. Like negotiating over a reverse dowry.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

CharlestheHammer posted:

Reach an agreement?

What does that entail

I really don't want to know

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Or anything to do with Ramedial.

quote:

Remedial posted a lengthy [E/N] thread outlining the culmination of a longstanding antagonism between himself and his parents, wherein he claimed to reject his parents' "rich snob" values, and found himself cut off from financial support. With a wedding on the horizon, and law school tuition to pay, Dear Leader was a sad sight indeed. But he was among friends, as always, and goons reached deep to raise over $5,000 US to help keep him on his feet while he adjusted. The directorate gave their blessing on his project to open a store with Goonfleet branded merchandise, the proceeds of which would keep him afloat.

quote:

FNLN posted a series of horrifying nudes of Remedial and his wife that had been obtained at some point and in some manner that we are all better off not thinking about. [3] Remedial then purportedly threatened to sue Solo Drakban for stealing the goonfleet.com domain and somehow being responsible for not preventing the posting of the pictures and perhaps some other wild antics of goons. He demanded that the domain be returned to him, a bunch of server logs, ungoonie moderation and perhaps some sort of apology for not kissing his rear end enough or something.
:stare:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honestly I forget the exact details but it was just as disturbing as it sounds. Like negotiating over a reverse dowry.

Yeah it's probably for the best.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Dude then went to jail because he used his position as a real estate legal guy (I don't know what that's officially called, not a realtor) to scam the elderly out of hundreds of thousands of dollars in phony mortgages. After he got out he joined the army.

In EVE Goons are really close to several Russian guilds which are vaguely backed by legit super rich oligarchs. Which have used IRL intimidation of opponents to gain advantage in game. Eve is a loving crazy rear end "game."

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 24, 2017

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
What's everyone's favorite Civ special unit. I like the Indonesian warship or the Mongolian horseman

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

What's everyone's favorite Civ special unit. I like the Indonesian warship or the Mongolian horseman

civ 4 cataphracts ftw

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
i like warrior

warrior or spearman

edit: changed my mind guys its spearman definitely

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Our good friend Parm has been posting in NBA threads. Huh

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

I want to browse Fiz's SAGoons.txt folder

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Fast Worker

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Dude then went to jail because he used his position as a real estate legal guy (I don't know what that's officially called, not a realtor) to scam the elderly out of hundreds of thousands of dollars in phony mortgages. After he got out he joined the army.

he didn't go to jail, his scam was that his law office would "help homeowners adjust their mortgage" which was basically take $3k from someone already broke, fax a request to their bank to pretty please reduce their loan, no guarantees

the state government wasn't real happy bout that and shut him down hard

i think that was the only thing his 'law office' did

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
To be fair, SAS/TFF has had it's pandhandlers too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

To be fair, SAS/TFF has had it's pandhandlers too.

DKcecil just committed theft.

Bro aziz in lf convinced everyone he lived in a gay Muslim anarchistic commune and needed money for pants.

He made thousands.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Didn't DKcecil just drop it all on booze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Didn't DKcecil just drop it all on booze

He was on junk iirc

Forums user Matt damon spent six thousand dollars rereging after getting banned in byob

• Locked thread