Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Harrow posted:

I wanna play Nioh right now so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

:getin:

People saying https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Kelley and https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 24, 2017

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Thank God for Yakuza 0, if it wasn't for that I'd be chomping at the bit for this game

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

quote:

Yasuke, (variously rendered as 弥助 or 弥介, 彌助 or 彌介 in different sources.[1]) (b. c. 1555–566) was a samurai of black African origin who served under the Japanese hegemon and warlord Oda Nobunaga in 1581 and 1582.

Whoa!

The more you know.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

tap my mountain posted:

Thank God for Yakuza 0, if it wasn't for that I'd be chomping at the bit for this game

I thought Nioh was hard but the batting cages in Zero, gently caress

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kelley is an interesting villain choice considering he's heavily associated with alchemy and western spiritual stuff, in contrast to the rest of the game with spirit animals and poo poo. Maybe his spirit snake is even a homonculus.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

That's really cool, was wondering who Liam O'Brien is voicing.

RatHat posted:

Kelley is an interesting villain choice considering he's heavily associated with alchemy and western spiritual stuff, in contrast to the rest of the game with spirit animals and poo poo. Maybe his spirit snake is even a homonculus.

I was wondering if he was going to be another Western person since the brunt of the plot seems to be William chasing him, not to mention him speaking both English and Japanese.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
When I saw that Nobunaga was in the game I was disappointed that they didn't make Yasuke the main character, but that's cool that he's still in the game.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Nioh is suppose to have multiple playable characters right? Yasuke might be one of them if that's the case.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Not that I know of. Yasuke is a character during the story and might have a duel stage like Muneshige.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I saw someone suggest that the hidden teahouse would let you play as other characters (just visually) but they probably made that up

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

lets hang out posted:

I saw someone suggest that the hidden teahouse would let you play as other characters (just visually) but they probably made that up

No, this is how it works. The whole "multiple characters" thing is a farce, you play as William and can unlock body transformation magic to "play as "different" characters".

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
And that info comes from...?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

RatHat posted:

And that info comes from...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIXJRkjn-b4

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i wonder why kelley. wouldn't one of the various jesuits loving around in japan have been a more obvious choice?

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
I don't think I've ever preordered a season pass bundle until this game. I actually preordered the standard edition a long time ago, but just cancelled it today and splurged on the gold edition. I have the highest confidence that this game will keep me engaged until all the DLCs release, it's just that good.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Davincie posted:

i wonder why kelley. wouldn't one of the various jesuits loving around in japan have been a more obvious choice?

their lawyers told them they couldn't name him geralt and they panicked

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Emalde posted:

No, this is how it works. The whole "multiple characters" thing is a farce, you play as William and can unlock body transformation magic to "play as "different" characters".

This is super cool news, everybody being Geralt was gonna get old.

Can you still change armor if you change your transformation appearance I wonder? And are there playable lady characters?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Davincie posted:

What if the final boss of the game... is Jesus?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me0Qw6i4paI

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Isukiri sounds like a cool dude, should worship him instead.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

CharlestheHammer posted:

Isukiri is pretty chill and would never leave a brother hanging.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well since every crucifix is actually Isukiri...

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If they ever make a DRIFTERS game, you'll get your chance.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
I am enforcing that Overjoyed is the new Praise the Sun emote because you have to be a nice guy to get it and it's cute as hell.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Is there a way to reciprocate the High-Five emote? I couldn't high-five back when I co-oped with lets hang out

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Lakbay posted:

Is there a way to reciprocate the High-Five emote? I couldn't high-five back when I co-oped with lets hang out

I tried for several minutes with a friend, we couldn't figure it out either.

There has to be something we're missing though...

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
You close the gesture menu and hit X.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Davincie posted:

They might not want to seem to justify religious persecution. It's gonna be interesting to see what they do with the historical stuff

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
You know it's a Koei-Tecmo game because they managed to shove Nobunaga into the game even though he's 20 years dead in 1600

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

When's Nobunyaga.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Lakbay posted:

You know it's a Koei-Tecmo game because they managed to shove Nobunaga into the game even though he's 20 years dead in 1600

Historically his body was never found so maybe...

Also I hope he becomes a crazy dude obsessed with bug demons named after Hamlet characters, just to fulfill the dream that this makes it the Onimusha reboot I wish it was.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lakbay posted:

Oh is this post-war?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Lakbay posted:

pf, like nobunaga would get stopped by death

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Policenaut posted:

When's Nobunyaga.

He really should be a spirit animal at the least

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
That just reminded me how rad the final kill for Onimusha's boss was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDDldi2iG6g&t=470s

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Lakbay posted:

did you not see the video where a corpse is reanimated on top of a burning castle and it's nobunaga

and that boss that says the're bringing back something powerful... something like that

the game is extremely obviously about stopping a western wizard from reanimating nobunaga and toppling tokugawa

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
fighting nobunaga on that burning castle 1v1 is going to be pure game

it's going to top the feeling I had as a 7 year old using omnislash on sephiroth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Modest Mao posted:

fighting nobunaga on that burning castle 1v1 is going to be pure game

it's going to top the feeling I had as a 7 year old using omnislash on sephiroth

I hope they bring back Norio Wakamoto to voice him.