Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

counterfeitsaint posted:

The whole not-Shangri-la plotline had a bunch of inconsistencies. One of the characters specifically has a line saying they've tried and couldn't figure out how to separate the death metal (:black101:) from the crystals. They also constantly complain about how there's not enough crystals.

Naw, Jiaying's plan all along was to flood the world with the contaminated terrigen gas which would activate all the Inhumans and kill all the regular humans, the crystals were deliberately contaminated and she had loads of them. This was all revealed in the big two parter finale of season two where the Inhumans take over the SHIELD2's Iliad aircraft carrier and Mack cuts off Coulson's arm and Cal kills Jiaying to save Daisy.

The Inhumans who thought there weren't enough crystals had been duped into thinking that because they were too wishywashy to go along with the 'Kill all humans' plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The inhumans had to believe there weren't enough crystals to support the narrative of only some of them being ready to go through the process and having to get special permissions for the existence of the race. It's not inherently stupid; Jiayang had a better control over which inhumans were suited to both lead the cause and which ones needed to be contained than any other organization shown so far. Shield's standards are too high (you have to be a trained agent and inhuman) and the Accords is a catch-all (you got some inhuman blood, welcome to internment). Certainly, she could have gotten further with more interaction with the outside world but at least she knew how to control them.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
She also got to say who was and who wasn't ready to have powers. SHIELD is stuck with all kinds of people with all kinds of powers.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Do we have a new episode tonight?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Dropping the crystals in SALT water. How you gonna get saltwater up in the mountains. (Besides the teleporting fella, OBVIOUSLY.)

It is said that it can be manufactured. But nobody knows the recipe.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

notthegoatseguy posted:

Do we have a new episode tonight?

Yes, and for the two weeks afterwards too (that's all the episodes they have released info about so far.)

I wouldn't expect too many (if any) breaks from here on out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's one more break right? But LMD is gonna mostly wrap up by that point if memory serves.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Hey, cool. Ruth Negga got an Oscar nomination.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sticklefifer posted:

Hey, cool. Ruth Negga got an Oscar nomination.

I am so blown away by her. I detested her on AoS and loving adored her on Preacher (she's the best part of that show). I hope they locked her in for a few seasons, Oscars do things to actors heads.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Coulson continues his excellent leadership.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Rhyno posted:

I am so blown away by her. I detested her on AoS and loving adored her on Preacher (she's the best part of that show). I hope they locked her in for a few seasons, Oscars do things to actors heads.
I loved Raina right up until they turned her into a hedgehog. Her personality changed at that point, and Ruth Negga's trademark gentle menace was just replaced with boring ol' anger.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What an odd set of flashbacks.

Also, I just remembered, isn't Radcliffe a cyborg?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
May was not having that day spa bullshit.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
This IS May's idea of a day spa.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zebulon posted:

This IS May's idea of a day spa.

Yeah, that seems like a twist.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Huh. I guess they are just talking.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Turtleman, eh?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Is Mack the other LMD?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Now I really hope Mack isn't the other LMD.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Seems too blatant. They had fun flagging things not that long ago in the same way, remember?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zebulon posted:

Seems too blatant. They had fun flagging things not that long ago in the same way, remember?

It sounds like everyone forgets the rope-a-dope episode where they set everyone up as a Hive plant on the Inhuman team. And still blindsided us, even though the clues were there.

You'll know when they want you to think Mac is an LMD (not that he will be... I think)

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'm hoping Mack isn't an LMD and just got a text about whatever deal made him so sad right before the mid season break. Plus, there was never a point where he was away from others so he could get LMDed. I think it's Fitz.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dibs on this being the simulation to keep May docile.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Seems incredibly likely, but I want to believe otherwise just because gently caress yeah May.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yoyo continues to be the best.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I'm hoping Mack isn't an LMD and just got a text about whatever deal made him so sad right before the mid season break. Plus, there was never a point where he was away from others so he could get LMDed. I think it's Fitz.

Fitz is too easy, probs Simmons.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I think Radcliffe would think Fitz is too important/smart and might be able to sway him to his side. Gemma would be my other guess.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Welp. You done got set up, Son of Coul

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

MACK IS THE TRAITOR

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Poor May.

Edit: Motherfucker, putting AIDA's line about doing it again in a new context.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
drat this is good stuff.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

LMD May ain't taking poo poo either, apparently.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LMD FIGHT!

E: Jesus, there's STILL 20 minutes left. This show packs more narrative in a single episode than any other show can in 3 to 4.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

May is going to May the remote and save May, and we'll get a May Buddycop fight two on one vs. AIDA. Or two versus two, Mays versus AIDAs.

Edit: Yessss. Radcliffe is busted.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 25, 2017

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fitz is the man

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

That's probably a Radcliffe LMD.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That's probably a Radcliffe LMD.

Its LMDs all the way down.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

LMDs for everybody

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Fitz swaggering on in like he wants to punch out Radcliffe's teeth with his huge balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Get ready for the sucker punch. Not sure what it is, but it's coming...

• Locked thread