Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

The MSJ posted:

It could've been worse, at least it did not happen in the US.

Give it a week or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Give it a week or two.

If it had happened in the US he would have been shot not tasered.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Weembles posted:

If it had happened in the US he would have been shot not tasered.

Pretty sure that was :thejoke:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

AlbieQuirky posted:

Pretty sure that was :thejoke:

I thought the joke was that it didn’t happen in the only country that matters.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Platystemon posted:

I thought the joke was that it didn’t happen in the only country that matters.

ironically i guess?

dude would definitely have been shot to death in america. hes pretty lucky they dont carry guns in england

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Tiggum posted:

You should still watch season one of Danger 5 though. Season two's not nearly as good though so you can skip that.
Season 2 is better :colbert:

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

whiteyfats posted:

What is that from?

Rock & Roll will make you kill yourself.

https://archive.org/details/YouthSuicideFantasyPt2
1:03 in

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Eh I can see that being ok if the kid actually has celiac disease considering she doesn't seem to hate gluten in general according to the article snippet. Looks like it runs in their family

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Eh I can see that being ok if the kid actually has celiac disease considering she doesn't seem to hate gluten in general according to the article snippet. Looks like it runs in their family

the snippet you're seeing is an expert refuting the claims of super baby health via putting a child on a diet; the daily mail chose their headline from a quote from one of those new-agey GOOP-reading moms who is doing it because "not only do refined carbohydrates contain toxins and chemicals, but they are addictive with no nutritional value"

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-mail/20160114/282200829917465

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Aesop Poprock posted:

The snippet I see in the picture talks about how there's no evidence to suggest that a gluten-free diet is beneficial if you don't already have a disorder that makes you sensitive to it and the mom mentions other people showing resistance to her kid's gluten-free diet, which suggests that she's putting him on a gluten-free diet "for his health" when he doesn't need it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They have Smut and Eggs at one of my favorite whiskey bars in Chicago. Also think there's pron and waffles at a few other places too.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

The snippet I see in the picture talks about how there's no evidence to suggest that a gluten-free diet is beneficial if you don't already have a disorder that makes you sensitive to it and the mom mentions other people showing resistance to her kid's gluten-free diet, which suggests that she's putting him on a gluten-free diet "for his health" when he doesn't need it.

I thought those snippets were from the same woman who wrote or was the subject of the article saying "my kids have celiac disease but I don't think gluten free stuff would be necessary if they didn't" but I guess I read it wrong

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

That's the kind of pro-criminal-employment reintegration program our country needs

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Until I looked it up I was sure that was a satirical article.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

6ft 7in driver to go on trial for driving Ford KA while standing up.

Here's a video of the events leading up to his arrest.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Australia Zoo Urges People to Catch Deadly Spiders as Antidote Runs Low

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/australia-zoo-urges-people-to-catch-deadly-spiders-as-antidote-runs-low/

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

I like this headline as well.

Sexual Cannibal Spiders May Have Poor Impulse Control

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sexual-cannibal-spiders-may-have-poor-impulse-control/

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Or everyone might. You can never tell with these things. Sausage Party was a hit after all. What is unfair though is that we are getting this in 2017, but the Minecraft movie directed by Mac from It's Always Sunny has to wait until 2019.

I'm sorry, what?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm sorry, what?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3566834/

It's like trying to LP WoW

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Minecraft have a story-based game by Telltale that's pretty decent. I expect the movie to do something like that, but with more Charlie Day and Danny Devito voices.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Simpsons did it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWct_KYGRQo

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

This is literally the video in the post you quoted :downsbravo:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

This is literally the video in the post you quoted :downsbravo:

Oh for Christ's sake. You really expect me to click on EVERY loving link? Get hosed.

:fuckoff:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Doesn't everyone on the planet have the youtube titler add on?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Them's PvP words, mister.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Oh for Christ's sake. You really expect me to click on EVERY loving link? Get hosed.

No, but knowing what's in the posts you quote might be helpful :)
Especially if you just wanna gloat with your epic simpsons knowledge.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Crossposted from UKMT because lol at a national newspaper believing this quote was real.

namesake posted:

Let's take a moment to laugh our asses off at the Guardian for an incredible failure in properly sourcing quotes:

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/824388930975916032?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbd4t-ua-WQ

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Baron Corbyn posted:

Crossposted from UKMT because lol at a national newspaper believing this quote was real.

The Granuiad is an awful, awful paper for things like this. Basic fact checking and oversight? gently caress no, we're on the RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY. :black101:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

The Granuiad is an awful, awful paper for things like this. Basic fact checking and oversight? gently caress no, we're on the RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY. :black101:

It's not even the lack of fact checking, it's the idea that someone could believe "welcome to tiny train world" and "enjoy not being able to catch a train on account of their being too small, you idiot!" were genuine quotes from 1984.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well yeah, when you get bloggers rather than journalists foresight doesn't come into it. :v:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Mop-wearing Florida man looking for eggs ‘terrified entire family'

"When police found Fields and asked him what he was up to, he reportedly told officers: “I was short of an egg and needed eggs to make a cake.”

http://www.kiro7.com/news/trending-now/mopwearing-florida-man-looking-for-eggs-terrified-entire-family/487663287

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lime Tonics posted:

Mop-wearing Florida man looking for eggs ‘terrified entire family'

"When police found Fields and asked him what he was up to, he reportedly told officers: “I was short of an egg and needed eggs to make a cake.”

http://www.kiro7.com/news/trending-now/mopwearing-florida-man-looking-for-eggs-terrified-entire-family/487663287

Gotta do the cooking by the book. You can not be lazy.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Why would he buy a car that he can only drive with the roof down, especially in the north of England?

Content:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Stoatbringer posted:

Why would he buy a car that he can only drive with the roof down, especially in the north of England?

Content:

Gonna need a source for this one. Just seems a little too convenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Stoatbringer posted:

Content:

i'm seein double, FOUR suicides