Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That's probably a Radcliffe LMD.

Oh poo poo, you're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Motherfucker. He IS an LMD.

Edit: Double Motherfucker.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

GOD. drat.

E: Wait... he has to meet the Superior? Could this be a double bluff and Radcliffe is good guy.

No. Still doesn't excuse putting May in the Budget Matrix.

E2: gently caress you Radcliffe. That's a dick move doing that to her.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jan 25, 2017

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Too loving far, Radcliffe.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

May is going to be super-pissed when she gets out if she's re-living Bahrain over and over again.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Aww, poor May :smith:

Edit: oh poo poo, are people going to underestimate a Koening at their peril?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yay! Patton Oswalt!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

loving. Koenigs.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Getting some Justified flashbacks for next week's episode

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

achillesforever6 posted:

Getting some Justified flashbacks for next week's episode

I hope the Koening brothers have go bags.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I know it's not gonna happen, but I really really really hope that The Superior is a Ward LMD.

Radcliffe was working with Hive, and Ward was in there somewhere, so maybe Radcliffe was able to extract Ward's memories...

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Aida can make portals to (or at least in the neighborhood of) Marvel Hell. If she pulled him back that way for a scan, they'd be able to stick demon into the the hydra traitor-alien-demon-LMD

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why can't they just conventionally drug May?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So May managed to win when reliving her worst and most significant memory? That is a mayor turning point in her life. Rewriting that would lead to brain shattering inconsistencies quite fast. The end of the episode already hints at that, since she wouldn't have been separated from Andrew in that timeline. May will be incredibly confused once she wakes up and has to remember what actually happened in Bahrain.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Because she's May. She would probably fight against the sedatives so much that the only way to keep her asleep for a long while would be to OD her.

Also they want to study her brain in a quasi natural environment I, guess.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Why haven't they destroyed the Darkhold yet?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
May would literally punch the drugs.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm glad Fitz was right, but man, if he was wrong, SHIELD would have taken a helluva dark turn this week.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Radcliffe has a self image of himself as a good guy who's making tough decisions. Long term conventional sedation would be too dangerous (and doesn't let him test his cool toys).

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Did this show always have a subtitle for the season or half-season arc, or did they just start this year?
(I think it's just this year, but then again I am really bad at remembering certain stuff)

Anyway, I like it. It gives a rough idea of the main theme and it is a reference to how comic series work.
I think Spartacus also pulled this off really well.
And the other show I remember doing this was Heroes which turned out to be insufferable garbage very soon.

I enjoyed this latest episode very much... Mostly the part where SHIELD's plan failed hard; it was a risky op, and it is good sometimes to see them fail missions -- and suffer the consequences, see how the aftermath plays out for SHIELD.

I am a bit unsure what to think about May LMD. Now that she knows her nature, there is a whole set of problems to deal with. And being a May-clone it's hard to see how programming can stop her from telling the truth to Coulson and/or sacrifice herself. I expect also that it'd be hard to keep up appearances anymore, with that truth weighing on her... Maybe we'll get some more scenes with her struggling with what she is, and to what degree her decisions are really her own and not affected by whatever hidden protocol(s) Radcliffe put in her programming.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Zebulon posted:

May is going to be super-pissed when she gets out if she's re-living Bahrain over and over again.

On the other hand, when she was talking to Aida she mentioned that she gets better at it every time. So if she's reliving Bahrain in a loop, maybe this will actually help her get over her one big emotional obstacle and finally move on.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

On the other hand, when she was talking to Aida she mentioned that she gets better at it every time. So if she's reliving Bahrain in a loop, maybe this will actually help her get over her one big emotional obstacle and finally move on.

I don't think learning that there is indeed something she could've done better there would help her move on.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Didn't Radcliffe just re-write the scenario so the mother had the powers and not the daughter so the little girl could live? Not that she was replaying it every time and getting better, because how would May getting better at the scenario change the girl from being psychic to the mother?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
May was getting better at the "escape the building" sim they put her in after relaxation didn't work. Putting her in Bahrain after that was Radcliffe's next move to get ahead her again.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

AbstractNapper posted:

Did this show always have a subtitle for the season or half-season arc, or did they just start this year?
(I think it's just this year, but then again I am really bad at remembering certain stuff)

They kind of did Inhumans and Secret Warriors before right?

but maybe not formal subtitles

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

OB_Juan posted:

I'm glad Fitz was right, but man, if he was wrong, SHIELD would have taken a helluva dark turn this week.

I think the whole "he immediately takes a gun and shoots him in the head" was more for the purpose of narrative expedience. Takes less time than scenes of drawing blood or taking x-rays or whatever, and doesn't introduce some kind of 'scanning' tech that they would have to 'forget' about in subsequent episodes.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

AbstractNapper posted:

BlueBayou posted:

They kind of did Inhumans and Secret Warriors before right?

but maybe not formal subtitles

They did it for Secret Warriors, and they did it for the H.Y.D.R.A. twist. This is the first season where every episode has started with one, though.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Most people don't actually know how it went down in Bahrain. May will eventually escape because Radcliffe hosed up the scenario so badly. That's the whole reason they were talking about memory 'traces' allowing May to improve every time she was in a dream sequence. May is going to remember that this isn't how it went down. Hell, she is even fighting a psychic and a shitload of dudes so she'll be more prepared to take on Aida than before. May will wake up and go apeshit. It's gonna own bones.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I liked that Nadeer's office was in the "Stamford wing" (civil war comic reference)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

I know it's not gonna happen, but I really really really hope that The Superior is a Ward LMD.

Radcliffe was working with Hive, and Ward was in there somewhere, so maybe Radcliffe was able to extract Ward's memories...

Another thought for something that won't happen:

Aida was the first LMD that worked properly. There had to be Alpha and Beta tests. Maybe Radcliffe made a Ward LMD during the Beta Test phase...

Also, they should use LMDs to bring Hunter back.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zebulon posted:

loving. Koenigs.

Aren't they incredibly high on the SHIELD food chain or something? I remember Fury specifically giving them directions to give to Coulson, and when Coulson asked if he was being threatened, the response was an unflinching "absolutely 100%."

My guess is they've been controlling Mace this whole time in exchange for an unending supply of lanyards.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I actually feel bad for Radcliffe. He's under the compulsion of the Darkhold, so all the dick moves he's pulling aren't actually his fault.

He's infected by it and it's making him be evil, but he's still managing to fight against it because his interests are in saving people. That one guy died because AIDA took her programming too literally, and even Radcliffe is feeling bad about it and trying to teach her more intricately about the value of life. He genuinely doesn't want to hurt people and his obsession with the book is because of the book's hold over people.

Please don't off him like a bitch, show. :( I mean, his situation is no different than when Daisy was infected by Hive, and everyone still saw her as a good person that was doing things out of her control.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nah he was an amoral dick even before the Darkhold. He will do anything to achieve his goal of :science:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Nah he was an amoral dick even before the Darkhold. He will do anything to achieve his goal of :science:

Pretty much. He was an unethical, immoral transhumanist gently caress well before he got his hands on the Darkhold for a split second and became obsessed.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I still don't get how Nadeer found out the details of the mission. How would Radcliffe be the mole when he wasn't there during the mission briefing?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

enraged_camel posted:

I still don't get how Nadeer found out the details of the mission. How would Radcliffe be the mole when he wasn't there during the mission briefing?

He has remote access to LMD May. Was she there?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I hope they don't off Radcliffe because he is rad and Fitz needs a bro he can talk insane science to

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Rhyno posted:

He has remote access to LMD May. Was she there?

Ah yeah, forgot about that. She was indeed there.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Amoral in the sense that he would go to the underground and black market to advance his research, but he was never outright malicious or evil.

SHIELD reached out to him because they saw good in him. They kept him on after Hive because they saw good in him. They were right, too. He saved the lives of half the team thanks to his work, and doing stupid things and going out of bounds and being ethically dubious is what SHIELD is all about.

He's a good dude. I don't want the show to write him off as evil and kill him just because of the same poo poo that almost everyone else on the team has dealt with. He's not Ward for crying out loud.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jamesman posted:

Amoral in the sense that he would go to the underground and black market to advance his research, but he was never outright malicious or evil.

SHIELD reached out to him because they saw good in him. They kept him on after Hive because they saw good in him. They were right, too. He saved the lives of half the team thanks to his work, and doing stupid things and going out of bounds and being ethically dubious is what SHIELD is all about.

He's a good dude. I don't want the show to write him off as evil and kill him just because of the same poo poo that almost everyone else on the team has dealt with. He's not Ward for crying out loud.

He's basically Wernher von Braun.

He will work for anyone that will let him advance his goals to science stuff. He's not a moustache twirling saturday morning cartoon villain, but he's definitely not a good person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Can we just start calling the May LMD June?

• Locked thread