Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://clips.twitch.tv/eleaguetv/AliveYakRaccAttack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

stump collector posted:

honestly that round is a calculated gamble to see if you can break the econ/continue to build theirs. the gamble is that you assume you'll take at least 2 rifles and get a plant. you're probably not going to win the round, but if you've won 2 in a row, keep your SMGs, do decent damage, and either get close to winning the round or straight up win the round, you're guaranteeing yourself 2 more rounds IF you win the gun round following the bonus.

however, i would never do that poo poo with 3 mac 10s. umps would be more understandable...but you're always going to look like poo poo when you 5 man rush into a bunch of good antiflashes

Pretty much. Semmler is just doing his holier and smarter than thou poo poo he does these days when he doesn't understand a play. Context is everything for this round

- All 5 survived the last round. This means they're chucking away a lot of value worth of kit.
- First buy round and North are low on money. This means they are going to skimp helmets (3 do) because they expect a full AK buy.
- G2 are pretty far behind in terms of rounds, but not scarily far. It's a calculated risk that can pay off big, and it's only one round and some Mac-10s if you lose. They need that kind of momentum to realistically put themselves in a winning position.
- Even if they lose, G2 have bank enough for two consecutive buys. And if they get 2-3 kills, it's actually like a loss for North because they will be super low on cash again versus a big buy. And losing that resets their round loss bonus.

Win or lose the round it works out for G2. It's a ballsy call, no doubt, but it's nowhere near as stupid as it looks.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
That 1v1 with Twist and Kenny and the last second defuse was really neat.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Jeza posted:

Pretty much. Semmler is just doing his holier and smarter than thou poo poo he does these days when he doesn't understand a play. Context is everything for this round

- All 5 survived the last round. This means they're chucking away a lot of value worth of kit.
- First buy round and North are low on money. This means they are going to skimp helmets (3 do) because they expect a full AK buy.
- G2 are pretty far behind in terms of rounds, but not scarily far. It's a calculated risk that can pay off big, and it's only one round and some Mac-10s if you lose. They need that kind of momentum to realistically put themselves in a winning position.
- Even if they lose, G2 have bank enough for two consecutive buys. And if they get 2-3 kills, it's actually like a loss for North because they will be super low on cash again versus a big buy. And losing that resets their round loss bonus.

Win or lose the round it works out for G2. It's a ballsy call, no doubt, but it's nowhere near as stupid as it looks.

the more i learn about cs the more i get annoyed with semmler

i also don't think his tone is necessarily good for new viewers, it's an ego thing

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Further reasons to dislike Semmler: he hates the Zeus when it is so obviously baller

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Same. Eleague S1 was my first cs event that I watched, so I thought Semmler was excellent, but the more I see of knowledgeable casters like HenryG the more I can't stand Semmler.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i've never seen the 3 vent strategy work but it is 2017 after all

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
Wow, mousesports only played nuke at a tournament once in 2016 (and lost badly to Faze, who liquid just lost a nuke map to in overtime). Strange choice to leave it in the map pool against Liquid who played it 12 times at a tournament in 2016.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
DDK and black DDK are the only casters I've consistently enjoyed.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I can't tell if Niko would really be able to perform on a better team, or if he just looks good because everyone else on mousesports is terrible.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
and mouz are whiffin it. liquid choke midway?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

mcvey posted:

If only DDK and HenryG could merge into one person we'd have the ultimate duo.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

now the question becomes are 11 CT rounds on nuke enough for liquid to do it?

no

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Here we go :smithicide:

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

TheFlyingLlama posted:

now the question becomes are 11 CT rounds on nuke enough for liquid to do it?

Turns out not even Liquid's legendary ability to choke could beat mousesport's lack of preparation on nuke.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Was Spiidi drunk.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I should have realized. Of course Liquid was going to win

It's more crushing a defeat to lose in the last round of group stages than the second to last

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

someone tell Spiidi he's gotta get off the stage, only people still in the tournament can be on those computers.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why come Asia doesn't do counter strike

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Yeesh.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
.08 rating what the gently caress my dude

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

mcvey posted:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

Why come Asia doesn't do counter strike

They do, Tyloo is actually a solid team but they just didn't qualify.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
closing the door on MIxwell and spraying him dead thoruhg it was pretty funny

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

mcvey posted:

Batdolph is Nyquil incarnate.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Buller posted:

closing the door on MIxwell and spraying him dead thoruhg it was pretty funny

I know, could he get any more loving obvious?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Honestly I'll take that over the fake-hype routine that most other casters use.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I like Bardolph :(

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

People actually buy the armor with no helmet??? I've only ever done that on the first round.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

I like Bardolph :(

People who don't like him are pretty much tasteless and horrible people irl. The Venn diagram of people who support mousesports overlaps heavily.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

pro tier self molly

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Just to add to the cheating discussion, heres a very comprehensive aggregation of the most scandalous cheating clips and pros / people in the industry talking about cheating as well. The conclusion is that Flushas blatant cheating going unpunished made pros stop talking openly about cheating in the scene. The conclusion is also that few top players cheat. And that the blatantness of the cheats made pros stop as it was getting embarassing.

http://www.hltv.org/blog/13538-cheating-on-professional-level-of-csgo

Buller fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 25, 2017

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

People actually buy the armor with no helmet??? I've only ever done that on the first round.

If you are against only aks then helmet doesnt matter you die in 1 shot anyway.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

vote_kick Buller

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lmao at citing a hltv blog as proof.

"Next up on HLTV News: why Brazilians are favelas XD"

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
My main takeaway from these groups has been that smix is not a particularly good interviewer.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

lmao at citing a hltv blog as proof.

"Next up on HLTV News: why Brazilians are favelas XD"

Do you have ADD?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
***Sadokist <3 Henry G**** are the best let us not lie.
Also Sadokist awesome speed cast - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWHWP9Fh6HQ

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Buller posted:

Do you have ADD?

Just critical thinking skills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Buller posted:

Do you have ADD?

If he does its still less of a disability than whatever makes you take a teenagers blog post seriously