Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so when do the democratic leadership do things.

50 state strategy when
rural jobs plan when
cutting off corporate influence when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Brother Friendship posted:

dems aren't taking the senate in 2018 hth

Yep. Probably not 2020 either, but I would do unspeakable deeds to see Joni Ernst no longer representing me.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

eonwe posted:

50 state strategy when
rural jobs plan when

things will prolly start if Ellison wins the chair in March. If not were p much hosed

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

obama will save us when he uhh *cleans glasses with cloth* joins a venture capital firm???

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

tower time posted:

I'm on board with the idea behind a leftist tea-party, but do keep in mind that the most immediate effect the tea party had was to delay the republican retaking of the senate by a few cycles as they knocked out incumbents for extreme candidates that proceeded to lose their races. Tancredo in Colorado and the woman in Delaware that claimed to be an ex-satanist come to mind. Be prepared to see some short-term setbacks before real gains start to show.

Also Todd "legitmate rape" Akin, and Sharron Engle in 2010 who couldn't quite unseat Harry Reid in purple state Nevada in the largest republican wave of our lifetime.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Agean90 posted:

things will prolly start if Ellison wins the chair in March. If not were p much hosed

Ellison isn't enough. It has to be US.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/DickMorrisTweet/status/824339007643521026

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lmao imagine living just long enough to see Trump become president, how fuckin owned is that?

e: oops wrong thread, who gives a poo poo!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Glass houses, Dick.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i hope dick morris gets crushed by a giant foot

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

Ellison isn't enough. It has to be US.

100%agreed, but he's a nice first step and any kind of reform will be much trickier if we get some establishment prick.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
heidi heitkamp voted for the iran deal so i think she should be spared from any 'leftist tea party' action personally

you're not gonna get anything better in loving north dakota

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
purge the poo poo dems in blue states, is my point here

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuck woolery : garbage opinions :: migf : a literal garbage can

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 21:00 on Jan 25, 2017

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Karl Barks posted:

i hope dick morris gets crushed by a giant foot

Wouldn't stop him from licking it

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Alter Ego posted:

Wouldn't stop him from licking it

yeah, on second thought he might like it

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Dems also need a Reagan figure to hero worship.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Montasque posted:

Dems also need a Reagan figure to hero worship.

Well dems have been trash for the past 40 years so there isn't really one to "worship."

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Well dems have been trash for the past 40 years so there isn't really one to "worship."

sanders-senpai

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

All your Grassley oversight letter are belong to us

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

UHD posted:

sanders-senpai

Yea. I guess he'll do. I mean don't get me wrong I like him. But he doesn't quite have the hero worship attributes of Reagan.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Yeah the Dems definitely haven't generally worshiped Obama, Clinton, Carter...

Any and all Democrats are a heartbeat away from JFK hagiography.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Yea. I guess he'll do. I mean don't get me wrong I like him. But he doesn't quite have the hero worship attributes of Reagan.

The answer is Obama. I don't care if you don't like his policies; a lot of Republicans today who worship Reagan, wouldn't have cared for his policies if they were proposed today. That doesn't matter. Obama's still popular, and he's only going to get more popular in hindsight, and in contrast with Trump. Turn him into more of a left-wing symbol than he has been in practice.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/rickperlstein/status/824333043179655170

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fuuuuuuuck~~~~:ughh:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

and here is why i drink

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lmao

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

What's the thread's take on Kristen Gillibrant? My Hillaryman buddy thinks she's great, but I'm not convinced.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Not encouraging, unless they mean not doing things like obstructing raising the debt ceiling.

Which they don't, because that rubber-spined rear end in a top hat Schumer is running the caucus in the Senate.

Montasque posted:

What's the thread's take on Kristen Gillibrant? My Hillaryman buddy thinks she's great, but I'm not convinced.

Pretty sure mentioning her triggers half the posters in this thread because she was a Blue Dog caucus member in the House.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

^^^^ :haw:

Montasque posted:

Cubey posted:

gillibrand is a former blue dog, do not trust her tia

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

You gotta admit it was a funny election cycle.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

Not encouraging, unless they mean not doing things like obstructing raising the debt ceiling.

Which they don't, because that rubber-spined rear end in a top hat Schumer is running the caucus in the Senate.

Pretty sure mentioning her triggers half the posters in this thread because she was a Blue Dog caucus member in the House.

Yeah that's what I thought.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Challenge every Democrat in an elected office.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

eonwe posted:

50 state strategy when
rural jobs plan when
none of this will happen with the current dems because it'll hurt their stock options

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odvt-5sadTo

Brother Friendship posted:

You gotta admit it was a funny election cycle.

this election owned

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

MizPiz posted:

Challenge every Democrat in an elected office.

Lol news idiot Dems in office not the problem. You have to replace the Rs first

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://twitter.com/jnelsonw/status/824333631804112897

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

eonwe posted:

50 state strategy when
rural jobs plan when

The answer is sadly when we make them.

Please get involved in your local party. Things won't get any better unless we fight to make it better. The democrats have proven themselves since Carter that they're not to be trusted to be the party of labor. But that path has taken them to ruin. Unless people start getting involved and pushing these things the democrats won't do them.

I thought my whole life that there was no place for me in politics, my ideas were too out there, I didn't go to the right schools, I don't have the right background, the democrats don't want me anywhere near them. But without people like me and like us on this forum, on the ground fighting to keep the party relevant it's been decimated all over the country. No one goes to meetings. No one is in committees. No one has any fresh, new ideas on how to make politics important for the community they're in. It's a fuckin' pain in the rear end, I know. But if we don't get involved, who will? If you, eonwe, shitposter extraordinaire, don't go to your local meetings and ask "hey what are the democrats doing to make the lives of rural people better," who the gently caress will? There isn't a giant leftist organization that is poised to really make in-roads everywhere. There isn't a billionaire who's been setting up connections to create a populist movement around rural recovery and against corporate power all ready to go. There's no well-funded and influential media organization that's prepared to get dirty to make things better.

It's just us, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

you know what's a cool and useful thing to read, this https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800657

• Locked thread