Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Dilber posted:

Is Taggert going to make it to spring camp, let alone start of next year?

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/01/oregon_ducks_receivers_coach_j.html

I truly do not understand how these guys can be this dumb. Eugene doesn't allow ride sharing services and the taxi situation is a joke but when two guys are making $500k+/year between them, they gotta find a way to get home without driving drunk.

Taggart made it clear to the players what his expectations were off the field but I guess he forgot to sit the coaches down too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

ND QB Malik Zaire is supposed to be in love with UF and is trying to grad transfer there. The SEC has some weird transfer rule that the SEC is also trying to subvert so they can have him there.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

pillsburysoldier posted:

ND QB Malik Zaire is supposed to be in love with UF and is trying to grad transfer there. The SEC has some weird transfer rule that the SEC is also trying to subvert so they can have him there.

Probably hoping for the second coming of Tebow

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Hell, I'll take the second coming of Doug Johnson

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Zaire isn't a bad QB but you have to build a mobile QB offense for him. Deshone Kiser was more of a pocket QB who could run well if he had to.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The Zack posted:

Hell, I'll take the second coming of Doug Johnson

This.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Dough Johnson and me graduated from the same high school.

Thanks that's my Doug Johnson story.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

TBeats posted:

Dough Johnson and me graduated from the same high school.

Thanks that's my Doug Johnson story.

He threw a football at Bobby Bowdens head and was slightly better than Noah Brindise.

So I'm cool w Doug.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Paul Johnson is pissed about the ACC's scheduling.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

A common lament among Tech opponents is that a week of practice is not enough time to prepare for the Jackets unorthodox spread-option offense.

Are the jackets not officially triple option anymore? When did that happen?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
The enemies of Georgia Tech athletics

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DJExile posted:

Are the jackets not officially triple option anymore? When did that happen?

"Triple option" has never been what Johnson's offense is officially called, at least while he's been at GT. More pedantic Tech fans will correct you if you call it that. Johnson calls it a spread option offense and it's technically correct but it's not really a useful term since tons of teams use a spread option offense but ours is pretty different from most. "Flexbone offense" is probably a good compromise.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Aaah ok. Fair enough then

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The line splits are a little wider than most traditional offenses I guess but it's a pretty generous use of "spread."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
It's flexbone. It's also way cooler to call it that than calling it the triple option.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Triple Option football owns.

The forward pass is lame.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

iospace posted:

So, FAU's second game is in Madison.

How badly does it go for Kiffin?

Assuming it's an 11 AM kick, he for-sure gets into a fight at the Kollege Klub Friday night.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
And Musberger has called his last college football game. He finishes with basketball on the 31st with a UK/UGA game.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

And Musberger has called his last college football game. He finishes with basketball on the 31st with a UK/UGA game.

drat, we all missed the chance to say "last game of your career, Brent, can't hold anything back now" when he started talking about Joe Mixon.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

http://awfulannouncing.com/2017/brent-musburger-is-retiring-next-week.html

He's opening a handicapping service in Vegas

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

pillsburysoldier posted:

The Indiana to Florida pipeline continues.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Crotch Bat posted:

Thank god

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

wa27 posted:

drat, we all missed the chance to say "last game of your career, Brent, can't hold anything back now" when he started talking about Joe Mixon.

SECOND DOWN AND NINE.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I can't wait to see how many people come in as wrong as possible about Brent Musberger (he owns)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The Mixon thing was really really really bad and gross but on the whole Brent was a great play by play guy and I am beyond delighted that he's retiring to literally get drunk in Vegas and run a sports book

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The surprisingly long-running San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl is no longer happening.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Henchman of Santa posted:

The surprisingly long-running San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl is no longer happening.

Please welcome the Los Angeles County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Had a question about ESPN and didn't really know where to post it. I'm looking at switching cable/internet providers and found a deal that nets me ESPN/ESPN2 but none of the extra channels, namely SEC Network. If I log into my account in the ESPN app, will I have access to SEC Network and the other channels there?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Was it the Chargers running the bowl?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

all-Rush mixtape posted:

This is a phenomenal joke

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

Had a question about ESPN and didn't really know where to post it. I'm looking at switching cable/internet providers and found a deal that nets me ESPN/ESPN2 but none of the extra channels, namely SEC Network. If I log into my account in the ESPN app, will I have access to SEC Network and the other channels there?

generally you have to log in to a portal with your providers information, so my guess is that it'll pull your restrictions from there.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

The Mixon thing was really really really bad and gross but on the whole Brent was a great play by play guy and I am beyond delighted that he's retiring to literally get drunk in Vegas and run a sports book

Same.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Joey Freshwater posted:

Probably not.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

No you have to be subscribed

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

I just switched my Directv to the tier that only has ESPN/2 and I was just using the WatchESPN app to watch some college basketball that was on the ACC Network. You won't be able to watch the channel itself but probably live games.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

wandler20 posted:

I just switched my Directv to the tier that only has ESPN/2 and I was just using the WatchESPN app to watch some college basketball that was on the ACC Network. You won't be able to watch the channel itself but probably live games.

ACC Network Extra is technically ESPN3 under different branding.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

all-Rush mixtape posted:

ACC Network Extra is technically ESPN3 under different branding.

Yeah, and the score board was FOX labeling. As long as you have a supported carrier log in you should be able to watch live games that fall under ESPN3/WatchESPN. Specific channels, no.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

ESPN owns the rights to all ACC games and re-sales games to Fox Sports South and Raycom. If you are in those markets you get blacked out of WatchESPN.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Did MourningView quit as mod?

Will this herald the glorious return of Texas Football to the status they enjoyed in his pre-mod days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Sab0921 posted:

Did MourningView quit as mod?

Will this herald the glorious return of Texas Football to the status they enjoyed in his pre-mod days?

swamp status: drained

• Locked thread