Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yun is really strong and even if this new normal attack meta doesn't pan out he still has the more traditional elemental link meta going on both with his fire shred attack and his 10 hit chocobo one. His shred would have to be a little bit stronger to match orlandus, but if you already have a unit that can shred the enemy stronger then he can let her rip.

Don't look at Ling as an offensive unit. She's a solid support unit that can occasionally nuke something if the fight drags on for too long. She can charge her limit quickly and then entrust it, or if you have Yun in your party then you can act as the res shredder while he unleashes his elemental chain

Xiao is a really decent budget unit. Has AOE, breaks, highish inate str, can counter a lot and has attack buff that stacks with other sources. If only her 50% attack boost wasn't linked to being unarmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Dana Crysalis posted:

Yun and Ling's self-attack buffs assumedly only work for autoattacks (it says next normal attack).

Well, something like Barrage, still uses "normal" attack, just multiple times, and anything normal attack procs will proc multiple times. In the Wiki you can see if a move is "normal attack" type.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here's some numbers to argue over.

I'm sure Fenrir will have a chocobro for a friend unit on day one of the banner.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

Here's some numbers to argue over.

I'm sure Fenrir will have a chocobro for a friend unit on day one of the banner.

I'm not sure I'd rank Xiao that high - she sure can hit hard but has very little to do it with.

Then again, I'm not sure where they ranked Snow, which is about where I'd place her.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Orlandu: 99999.0

Everyone else: 0.0

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Cartoon Man posted:

Only by spending his $20 Google gift card he miraculously found under his couch an hour earlier. :dukedoge:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here's a correlation diagram for all the FFBE characters originally posted on Reddit.

Spoiler version: https://i.imgur.com/zP2SNF9.jpg
Non spoiler censored version: https://i.imgur.com/1LOu2uG.jpg
Notice the loser corner in the lower left...

quote:

Red lines indicate blood relations, family, ancestors and so on.
Orange lines indicate friendships.
Purple lines indicate hatred.
Blue lines indicate anything else.

World map, possible spoilers if you don't want to see islands we haven't unlocked yet.
https://i.imgur.com/mWRfWTd.jpg

More here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5q1rsd/correlation_diagram_and_complete_world_map_scans/

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 25, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I wouldn't be mad at a Ling for my arena team. My strategy of Distress+Fire Flask hasn't done me wrong yet and having another AOE status couldn't hurt.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Orlandu: 99999.0

Everyone else: 0.0

Yes, this seems like numbers this thread can agree on. :rolleyes:

Gonna get me a Ling. She's 4* base. I can get those.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Here's a correlation diagram for all the FFBE characters originally posted on Reddit.

Spoiler version: https://i.imgur.com/zP2SNF9.jpg
Non spoiler censored version: https://i.imgur.com/1LOu2uG.jpg
Notice the loser corner in the lower left...

World map, possible spoilers if you don't want to see islands we haven't unlocked yet.
https://i.imgur.com/mWRfWTd.jpg

More here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5q1rsd/correlation_diagram_and_complete_world_map_scans/

Chizuru's family life is messed up. No wonder all their TMs are the best of their kind though.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Hmm, from the maintenance thread, The New Year's Trial has a bunch of changing daily quest completion rewards, and they aren't your typical Lapis rewards. The main Trial (Great Nian Beast Attacks) itself that's seperate from the rotating daily ones also rewards a Jeweled Ring (in addition to the news board's rewards for the most difficult version of the event), which I'm happy about, since my only copy of Jeweled Ring is permanently stapled to Cecil.

Notable quest rewards from the daily Nian Beast Attacks Event I see:

Day 1 - Mostly evo mats, some gigantaurs, and Megacite. Nothing special.
Day 2 - Summoning Ticket, 2x Power Pots
Day 3 - +15% HP Materia
Day 4 - Scroll of Acumen (??), +20% MP Materia
Day 5 - Summoning Ticket
Day 6 - Summoning Ticket, Soul Pot
Day 7 - 110 lapis, 3x Magic Pot, 2x Tough Pot

Edit: Also 60 lapis every day just from the completes for the 3 difficulties, excluding day 7 that has 50 more lapis on top of that.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 25, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
When some one says "materia" it basically means "equip-able ability" right?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Right, it's the stuff that you equip in the Abilities section when you equip a character.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I wonder how many of you are going to ragequit when Orlandu is released, and he's nerfed to gently caress and back...?

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I don't care as long as I get Yun.

I probably won't get Yun.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Trying to do long term strategy here:

After I beat all of the main story, and have mopped up all the cleats to get every bit of lapis offered, how do I sustain my lapis?

I am looking to put 0 money in this.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

hagie posted:

After I beat all of the main story, and have mopped up all the cleats to get every bit of lapis offered, how do I sustain my lapis?

Do 5 daily quests, don't pull every day.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Kheldarn posted:

I wonder how many of you are going to ragequit when Orlandu is released, and he's nerfed to gently caress and back...?

As a Noctis haver, I will laugh and laugh and laugh and...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Reddit should know by day 1 of the banner, just hold off whaling till they confirm.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
going all in regardless

orlandu or bust

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

why would they nerf orlandu

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Why would they nerf Doublehand? Becuase it's Gumi. I just get the feeling that if Orlandu ever comes, he's gonna be nerfed hard.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
They haven't nerfed any character that hasn't been Noctis, and that was because Noctis was a new addition simultaneously released on both JP and GL to differing game states.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Orlandu doesn't look like he needs a nerf considering how mobage games work. Plus, yeah, the only nerfed character was Noctis. Hell, I think most rebalancing stuff in Global were buffs.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Orlandu is the linchpin of the elemental chain meta and since his release Gumi has not given a gently caress about it and has continuously released more and more characters capable of doing exactly what he does and sometimes even better than him.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Your mom is the lynchpin of my butthole

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

When some one says "materia" it basically means "equip-able ability" right?

You cannot escape Final Fantasy VII, no matter how you try.

hagie posted:

CyberLord XP posted:

Do 5 daily quests, don't pull every day.

Also, do five Arena matches a day, you will get 20 Lapis for the first and fifth matches for a total of 40. It doesn't matter if you win or lose.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Oh my loving god. Since my usual arena strategy was banned this week (doublecast) I figured I'd just farm chumps for the 100 streak trophy.
I got to 74 before four nocti hiding behind a rain fire flasked me to ruin.
gently caress.

Maybe next week.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I hate that people do that poo poo. Like, it doesn't benefit people at all to trick you into losing to them.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
On the other hand, that's a great way to win easily.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dias posted:

Orlandu doesn't look like he needs a nerf considering how mobage games work. Plus, yeah, the only nerfed character was Noctis. Hell, I think most rebalancing stuff in Global were buffs.
Yeah, I saw someone with a maxed out dual wielding Ace and his Wild Card is a pretty insane move when hitting weaknesses/killer passives.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
What's the eta of firion getting his 6* on GL? I've got a bunch of gigantuars + sacred crystals burning a hole in my pocket

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Mischalaniouse posted:

I hate that people do that poo poo. Like, it doesn't benefit people at all to trick you into losing to them.

How does it not benefit people to trick other people they're directly competing against into losing? I'd be pretty happy if everyone who played against my arena team lost.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

What's the eta of firion getting his 6* on GL? I've got a bunch of gigantuars + sacred crystals burning a hole in my pocket

February-ish.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Holy hell Rain 6* required like 25 Giant Cactuars to reach max level

that was stupid fast, I like it!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
When is orlandu already. This lapis is itching to be spent.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

PopeCrunch posted:

Oh my loving god. Since my usual arena strategy was banned this week (doublecast) I figured I'd just farm chumps for the 100 streak trophy.
I got to 74 before four nocti hiding behind a rain fire flasked me to ruin.
gently caress.

Maybe next week.

I managed to lose my 96 streak last night off of a game crash against a garbage team. Gotta try again next week

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Do I blow all my all my tix and 11 pull trying to get Yun so I can live the Firion whale dream or do I stay strong for another couple weeks to be disappointed when I crap out on the fft banner. The will is weak.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

life is meaningless, the gacha is cold and uncaring, pull whenever you will enjoy it the most, hail satan

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Nuebot posted:

When is orlandu already. This lapis is itching to be spent.

Guessing Late March / Early Aprilish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Why pull for Orlando when onion knight is on the way. Why pull for onion knight when cloud is on the horizon.

• Locked thread