Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

pumped up for school posted:

Someone is on the ground floor for the next big thing.

Pssssssssh, welcome to two thousand and late.

http://audiophile.rocks/

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Oh. I don't even.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I'm pretty sure Machina Dynamica is trolling/wackadoo crazytown, because of things like:

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina42.htm

quote:

The alien time coordinates are contained in the recording (or videotape). The time coordinates (of what was then Present Time) of the recorded performance, millisecond by millisecond, are captured inadvertently along with the acoustic information. When a recording is played, the time coordinates from the recording session (which are now Past Time coordinates) are reproduced by the speakers along with the acoustic signals of the recorded event. Those Past Time signals become entangled, integrated in the listener's mind with Present Time signals. Because the listener is accustomed to using Present Time signals to synchronize his chronological memory, he subconsciously perceives the confusing, interloping Past Time signals as a threat. This perceived threat produces the fight-or-flight response, which in turn degrades his sensory capabilities. The reason that live television broadcasts, like the Superbowl and the 2010 Olympics, are generally observed to have superior audio and video compared to taped broadcasts is that they don't contain Past Time signals, only Present Time ones.

However "stick a big rock on your audio equipment to reduce :pcgaming: *RESONANCE* :pcgaming: is not that uncommon an opinion among the Nordost Valhalla customer base.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

strangemusic posted:

I'm pretty sure Machina Dynamica is trolling/wackadoo crazytown, because of things like:

ALL TONE IS CUBE TONE SO SAYS WORLDS GREATEST HUMAN DR GENE RAY

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dirt posted:

I went with the cheaper mustang bridge option. How big of a difference would the mastery bridge be?

The mustang bridge fixed my biggest issues (buzzing and strings popping out if I looked at them wrong).

It's a great option, I did the same with my Jag and it worked really well, a Mastery is more of a nice thing to have rather than a must have if you've got the Mustang bridge

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

that's an impressive level of stupidity

Perfectly put.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

White Dog Eggs posted:

Just had this forwarded to me with following caption;

"Customer tried to solder using a small propane torch"

Sick relic job, bruh!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

White Dog Eggs posted:

Just had this forwarded to me with following caption;

"Customer tried to solder using a small propane torch"

:laffo:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

White Dog Eggs posted:

ALL TONE IS CUBE TONE SO SAYS WORLDS GREATEST HUMAN DR GENE RAY

I had to google Dr. Gene Ray but hoooooooooooly crap I am glad I did.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

strangemusic posted:

I had to google Dr. Gene Ray but hoooooooooooly crap I am glad I did.

Sounds like this guy was educated stupid

Every tone is 4 simultaneous tones

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

May I direct your attention to the following?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDJibf8uZnQ

How the gently caress? Is that a breakout capacitor bank?

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Does it work? Did his bath salts fueled modding spree give it the tones?!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

...and the pitch! posted:

Sounds like this guy was educated stupid

Every tone is 4 simultaneous tones

Thanks to the Fourier series that's not entirely wrong.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

Thanks to the Fourier series that's not entirely wrong.

It makes a lot more sense than the Gene Ray stuff for sure.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

https://reverb.com/item/2281105-tc-electronic-960821001-bonafide-buffer-pedal-bundle

what the hell

it's probably not entirely stupid, but it definitely looks stupid

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It's just a buffer pedal though? Does what it says on the tin etc etc

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
I'd buy a 100% transparent buffer pedal. Then again I like to split my signal between multiple amps and a DI so I lose a lot of treble without a solid boost.

Signal chain is guitar>NS2>tuner>EQ set to 12db boost>DI>NS2return>ABY split into HD400 isolation transformers with a different channel per amp.

Which leads me to a dumb question. How many boosts is it safe to put in front of a single amp? Highest I've tried is 4, active pickups into the EQ, into tubescreamer, into amp with a treble boost circuit and lots of gain.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Verizian posted:

I'd buy a 100% transparent buffer pedal. Then again I like to split my signal between multiple amps and a DI so I lose a lot of treble without a solid boost.

Signal chain is guitar>NS2>tuner>EQ set to 12db boost>DI>NS2return>ABY split into HD400 isolation transformers with a different channel per amp.

Which leads me to a dumb question. How many boosts is it safe to put in front of a single amp? Highest I've tried is 4, active pickups into the EQ, into tubescreamer, into amp with a treble boost circuit and lots of gain.

It's really going to depend on what you're stacking, because even if you put ten things in a row, there's a limit on just how much voltage a pedal will kick out, and amplifier inputs are pretty resilient. Most sane configurations, even on on the extreme end of things, won't do it unless you make a deliberate try at it. Is worth noting that it probably wouldn't be best to overwork something that's old or beat or already on it's last legs.

Agrinja fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jan 25, 2017

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Verizian posted:

I'd buy a 100% transparent buffer pedal.
This is a bit of a challenge.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i learned the hard way ehx uses really cheap pots where the shafts are glued to a plastic trim plate

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

Agrinja posted:

It's really going to depend on what you're stacking, because even if you put ten things in a row, there's a limit on just how much voltage a pedal will kick out, and amplifier inputs are pretty resilient. Most sane configurations, even on on the extreme end of things, won't do it unless you make a deliberate try at it. Is worth noting that it probably wouldn't be best to overwork something that's old or beat or already on it's last legs.

It's all newer gear and I've not even had a static shock from my rig when I usually get them from door handles and fridge doors so I figured it was safe but worth questioning.

I did also try the Zoom G5 rig with six tubescreamers emulated into a Joyo tubescreamer clone, into a FS300 Super Fuzz, into my laney TI15 with the boost on but it sounded, predictably, like poo poo being sharted into a full can of congealed beans, and very angry bees.

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

This is a bit of a challenge.

Kinda my point. Until someone figures it out I'll use an EQ.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dirt posted:

I went with the cheaper mustang bridge option. How big of a difference would the mastery bridge be?

The mustang bridge fixed my biggest issues (buzzing and strings popping out if I looked at them wrong).

It eliminated the buzzes and string popping which makes chords have way more clarity and leads have better sound, so in that sense it isn't fixing anything more than what you have. The other thing, though, is that the "saddles" are much easier to adjust. Also, I can have the action much lower without buzzing.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 26, 2017

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

[October]
<director> I'm contracted to do a cartoon, I like what you did when we worked together before, want to score it?
<me> Sure! Any constraints?
<director> Not really. Needs to be done by end of December.
<me> Cool, send me the animatic and I'll whip up some themes and run them by you.
* director sends me animatic
* I send themes for what I've identified as each major section of the film

[November]
<director> Sounds good! I like the themes. The customer has some feedback though.
<me> Can you just give them my contact information?
* director goes dark
<me> Hello?

[December]
<me> Can I have the feedback? Or can you give them my contact information?
<director> Oh, sure!
* director connects us
* I send full-length draft of the score
<customer> WE LOVE IT!
<me> Any other feedback?
* customer goes dark
* I finish and polish a 10-minute modular piece based on this feedback
* director pays me

[today]
<director> The customer says that they want more variation in the tones and music for each section. You know, like when there's action, and when they're traveling, it should be different. Will it cost more to change?
<me> This is why I sent you the themes in October. I would basically have to start from scratch in order to do this.
<director> It's bedtime here. Think it over!

fin

:arghfist:

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Yep, sounds like the price just quadrupled to me!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
hey guys hartley peavey here

i heard you kids are into this whole "gent" thing, which in my day was a nudie mag full of big ol' titties

anyway i got that little octaroon boy from periphery to slap his name on my latest revision of the vtm head since i haven't come up with a single new design since james brown left for kustom 20 years ago

the price? oh just a measley $1900. but hey now you can't put a price on sounding like you just plugged a metal zone directly into your computer soundcard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zVWiM-1HOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

i heard you kids are into this whole "gent" thing, which in my day was a nudie mag full of big ol' titties

anyway i got that little octaroon boy from periphery to slap his name on my latest revision of the vtm head since i haven't come up with a single new design since james brown left for kustom 20 years ago

the price? oh just a measley $1900. but hey now you can't put a price on sounding like you just plugged a metal zone directly into your computer soundcard

I identify with the guy in the back who just stares directly into the camera in confusion/horror around 45 seconds

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

:stonklol:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
to be fair that was taken from the DI output

i'm sure with an actual miked cab it sounds just fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxYbC55GfrM

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Just ordered this because Sabbath (it's a JFET Laney Supergroup pre circuit into a Dallas Rangemaster circuit).

The reviews of it are hilariously along the lines of "all it does is sound like Iommi!! Doesn't do anything else!!"

Uh, yeah. That's the point.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

fyodor posted:

reviews of it are hilariously along the lines of "all it does is sound like Iommi!! Doesn't do anything else!!"

Uh, yeah. That's the point.

It isn't like Catalinbread is particularly coy about their intent with some of these pedals.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
ive got some power tools and painkillers on hand if you need help getting the iommi tone

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Peetown Manning posted:

ive got some power tools and painkillers on hand if you need help getting the iommi tone

Savage

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i'll admit i chuckled at the vol 4 knob

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

...and the pitch! posted:

It isn't like Catalinbread is particularly coy about their intent with some of these pedals.

From the product page:

Catalinbread posted:

INTRODUCTION

Tony Iommi+Treble Booster+Laney Supergroup= m/
“Transform any guitar rig into a rig of doom with the Sabbra Cadabra.”

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Holy poo poo these 3 are playing Born Under a Bad Sign and, when it gets to solo time, Kingfish Ingram loving embarasses these peckerwoods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNeeEPv0GJk

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

fyodor posted:

Holy poo poo these 3 are playing Born Under a Bad Sign and, when it gets to solo time, Kingfish Ingram loving embarasses these peckerwoods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNeeEPv0GJk

and they werent even driving that rhythm to help him out either

it was like, ohp heres the turnaround

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The demo sucks horribly like most NAMM demos but I have a ton of faith in Misha. He's an honest guy with a great ear and this and his new pedal coming out are both full of cool features and are likely very good in person. Is that really the street price though because drat. It fits in the competition at that range but I think it would do way better under $1,500.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It definitely has that low rent Diezel vibe.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
peavey has needed some updated designs for a long time now, I use 6505s and love them but they're dinosaurs compared to modern amps with switchable power levels, built in gates, midi switching, emulated cab outs, and stuff like engaging a built in loadbox if it detects the speaker isn't plugged in. Hopefully the clean channel also won't suck

edit: actually watched the vid, 9v power supplies on the back of the amp could be useful, and other manufacturers (I'm looking you ENGL) would charge a good $300 seperately for that footswitch

Concatenation fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Concatenation posted:

peavey has needed some updated designs for a long time now, I use 6505s and love them but they're dinosaurs compared to modern amps with switchable power levels, built in gates, midi switching, emulated cab outs, and stuff like engaging a built in loadbox if it detects the speaker isn't plugged in. Hopefully the clean channel also won't suck

I only have single channel amps so all of these features are witchcraft in my eyes.

I would buy every amp possible if I had the money

• Locked thread