Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

botany posted:

it's probably worth pointing out that she was paid to watch the victim and run errands, the torturers were two psychos who hired her along with two other young women to keep watch. also the guy they tortured was probably not gay, and even if he was, that was coincidental to the whole thing. the victim was a real-estate broker who ran various cons with his partner and the two got into some poo poo over money, so his partner decided to get rid of the victim.

also i made a mistake earlier: she spent 27 years in prison, not 10.

it is crucial to our false sense of moral superiority that the dude was gay. this way we can pretend we care about minorities while telling women to shut up

Flowers For Algeria posted:

You seem to be eager to talk. Don't hesitate, you want to tell us.

she stole his rear end. that is why natetimm hates all women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

why? do you not believe in rehabilitation or something? no wonder you're so depressed, you dont believe you will ever be abe to become a sexhaver lol

Dude really you can just stop it with this sexhaver crap. I'm a decent looking dude in his 30s who does fine with women. I don't even have any truly acrimonious breakups and still remain friendly with most of my exes. At the end of the day all you're doing is deploying the type of rhetoric your ideology should be fighting against rather than embracing, and undermining yourself. I'm not being personally shamed or angered by this. It's not doing what you think it is.

new phone who dis fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 27, 2017

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

new phone who dis posted:

Dude really you can just stop it with this sexhaver crap. I'm a decent looking dude in his 30s who does fine with women. I don't even have any truly acrimonious breakups and still remain friendly with most of my exes. At the end of the day all you're doing is deploying the type of rhetoric your ideology should be fighting against rather than embracing and undermining yourself. I'm not being personally shamed or angered by this. It's not doing what you think it is.

oh my goodness please stop making fun of brokebrain internet losers on the something awful forums!

please don't lie about your nonexistent sexual history to make your ranting about women seem any less crazy thanks. not sure what part of feminism includes "don't mock unfuckables" but i'm guessing that this is just another example of something you fundamentally don't comprehend about the thing you bizarrely hate

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 27, 2017

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

boner confessor posted:

oh my goodness please stop making fun of brokebrain internet losers on the something awful forums!

please don't lie about your nonexistent sexual history to make your ranting about women seem any less crazy thanks

yeah no this is getting pretty weird dude, don't make me agree with natetimm please

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

she stole his rear end. that is why natetimm hates all women

Can't steal what I never owned.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Can you think of any other ideology or group of people that would put forth someone as a spokesperson who kidnapped and tortured a person for 20 days straight?
Sorry but I don't feel like you answered my questions.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

please don't lie about your nonexistent sexual history to make your ranting about women seem any less crazy thanks. not sure what part of feminism includes "don't mock unfuckables" but i'm guessing that this is just another example of something you fundamentally don't comprehend about the thing you bizarrely hate

The part of feminism that says "don't mock unfuckables" is the part that rightly recognizes that using sexual virility to take the measure of a man treats sex with women as currency to be hoarded or displayed as trophies, which is ultimately more dehumanizing to women than the person you're feebly trying to insult with some schoolyard bullshit.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The part of feminism that says "don't mock unfuckables" is the part that rightly recognizes that using sexual virility to take the measure of a man treats sex with women as currency to be hoarded or displayed as trophies, which is ultimately more dehumanizing to women than the person you're feebly trying to insult with some schoolyard bullshit.

wrong again, i'm actually mocking your poor socialization as evidenced by your conspiracy theorist level obsession with the feminist movement, which is a trait common with people who spend too much time on the internet to the point that it warps their understanding of society. you might as well be cluelessly freaking out about the color of sonic the hedgehog's arms in terms of forcefully advocating a niche and unpopular viewpoint

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

wrong again, i'm actually mocking your poor socialization as evidenced by your conspiracy theorist level obsession with the feminist movement, which is a trait common with people who spend too much time on the internet to the point that it warps their understanding of society. you might as well be cluelessly freaking out about the color of sonic the hedgehog's arms in terms of forcefully advocating a niche and unpopular viewpoint

It's weird how the internet is still portrayed as some sort of arcane device only used by nerds in a niche when it's convenient. I'm not citing dumb MRA blogs or fringe internet bullshit when I'm having this conversation. I'm talking about people tapped to lead political rallies for millions. You can't get more mainstream than that. That's not even addressing the irony of making the argument of internet obscurity when one of modern feminism's current planks seems to revolve around delving into tiny, shithole internet communities of outright bigots to either unwittingly or uncaringly amplify their message while signaling to all their friends what a great person they are by pointing them out and wagging their finger. You talk about Gamergate with scorn, but left-leaning and self-styled feminist bloggers amplified it's negative influences more than any of them could have done on their own. Feminists screeching about Milo made Milo who he is today instead of a sad internet dork left forgotten in a corner. In fact, every dumb alt-right personality that emerged from Gamergate did so specifically with more amplification from the left-wing media than even other sympathetic left-wing allies could hope for. That's all because the modern version of feminism and activism has been tainted by monetization and tribalism.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

It's weird how the internet is still portrayed as some sort of arcane device only used by nerds in a niche when it's convenient. I'm not citing dumb MRA blogs or fringe internet bullshit when I'm having this conversation.

yes you are. a basic google of the person you're talking about brings up a bunch of low rent blogs and angry subreddits. you're repeating conspiracy theories because they fit your narrative, and also because you are a gullible, angry person

I'm talking about people tapped to lead political rallies for millions. You can't get more mainstream than that. That's not even addressing the irony of making the argument of internet obscurity when one of modern feminism's current planks seems to revolve around delving into tiny, shithole internet communities of outright bigots to either unwittingly or uncaringly amplify their message while signaling to all their friends what a great person they are by pointing them out and wagging their finger. You talk about Gamergate with scorn, but left-leaning and self-styled feminist bloggers amplified it's negative influences more than any of them could have done on their own. Feminists screeching about Milo made Milo who he is today instead of a sad internet dork left forgotten in a corner. In fact, every dumb alt-right personality that emerged from Gamergate did so specifically with more amplification from the left-wing media than even other sympathetic left-wing allies could hope for. That's all because the modern version of feminism and activism has been tainted by monetization and tribalism.

you spend far too much of your time obsessed with the internet and it's doing damage to your mental health

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

you spend far too much of your time obsessed with the internet and it's doing damage to your mental health

Most of the time I'm at work so it's pretty much a wash.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
natetimm, how is your life made better by being super angry about feminism. what do you gain from being addicted to outrage

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

natetimm, how is your life made better by being super angry about feminism. what do you gain from being addicted to outrage

I'm not angry. I have opinions about it, but I'm not sitting around fuming. The same thing that compels people to post opposing opinions to mine compels me to post mine and "why u mad bro?" doesn't really explain it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Can you think of any other ideology or group of people that would put forth someone as a spokesperson who kidnapped and tortured a person for 20 days straight?

Allen West gets tons of gigs, dude.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"i calmly and rationally considered the merits of the article that claimed feminists were rapist pedophiles, and found the preponderance of the evidence to be sound"

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Who What Now posted:

Allen West gets tons of gigs, dude.

I was going to say the CIA, too, but we probably wouldn't know even if it was the case.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sorry for not engaging, I'm using the app an I couldn't find where it was that my comments were.

Plus when the mods probated me for pointing out that people get too emotional over dumb poo poo I sort of lost interest in the thought control space.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sethex posted:

Sorry for not engaging, I'm using the app an I couldn't find where it was that my comments were.

Plus when the mods probated me for pointing out that people get too emotional over dumb poo poo I sort of lost interest in the thought control space.

You were probated for trolling. Don't pretend to be the victim here.

Fruit Smoothies
Mar 28, 2004

The bat with a ZING

Call me crazy but having a reformed prisoner speak for you probably has context to it when they kidnapped and tortured a person for 20 days straight.

I can see your point here, but it doesn't mean that feminism as a whole isn't worth while.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Fruit Smoothies posted:

I can see your point here, but it doesn't mean that feminism as a whole isn't worth while.

That's not even really my argument. I'm not an "antifeminist". I'm especially critical of the current incarnation of pop-feminism and pseudo-academic wankery that seems to dominate the movement these days, but I'm not against equality for women.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

That's not even really my argument. I'm not an "antifeminist". I'm especially critical of the current incarnation of pop-feminism and pseudo-academic wankery that seems to dominate the movement these days, but I'm not against equality for women.

so you're for equality for women, so long as women don't talk about it or do things that annoy you or antagonize your insane, unrealistic notions of what the feminist movement is, cooked up on some of the most mysoginistic and socially maladjusted corners of the internet

somehow i think you're not telling the truth here. i think you're lying, probably more to yourself than us

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

so you're for equality for women, so long as women don't talk about it or do things that annoy you or antagonize your insane, unrealistic notions of what the feminist movement is, cooked up on some of the most mysoginistic and socially maladjusted corners of the internet

somehow i think you're not telling the truth here. i think you're lying, probably more to yourself than us

You're doing that thing when you conflate all women and certain feminists making certain arguments again. If someone disagrees with a tenet or strategy or direction of modern feminism, it doesn't mean they feel that way personally about every woman on the planet. Saying "Manspreading and the people pushing it as a big issue are idiots" isn't the same as saying "all women are idiots". You need to stop pretending that you or any group of people, including feminists, have single authority to represent the opinions of all women.

new phone who dis fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 27, 2017

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

You were probated for trolling. Don't pretend to be the victim here.

Knowing that my opinion is going to set off in a predictably sensitive person isn't trolling.

It is the essence of D&D when the subject is race or gender.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

You're doing that thing when you conflate all women and certain feminists making certain arguments again. If someone disagrees with a tenet or strategy or direction of modern feminism, it doesn't mean they feel that way personally about every woman on the planet. Saying "Manspreading and the people pushing it as a big issue are idiots" isn't the same as saying "all women are idiots". You need to stop pretending that you or any group of people, including feminists, have single authority to represent the opinions of all women.

you've made a hundred posts in this thread whining about feminism, you're not a credible person when you say "actually i think the rapist pedophile bitches have a point about equality" you coward

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

It's 2017 and feminists put a woman on stage who tortured and murdered a gay guy and cheered for her because she's in the tribe.

Sorry honest question, what is the context on this? link?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Sethex posted:

Sorry honest question, what is the context on this? link?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199507/crime-and-punishment

This lady was one of the activist darlings at the women's march.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
it's still not clear what this woman's sexual abuse, criminal history, or incarceration has to do with feminism or feminist ideology

it's also funny that natetimm can say "You need to stop pretending that you or any group of people, including feminists, have single authority to represent the opinions of all women" and then in the next post say "this one woman represents feminism"

it's almost like he's a big angry moron who hates women and this inhibits his ability to think properly or something

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
A criminal (a real criminal, not 'they were arrested for protesting' crimimal) is the worst possible spokesperson you can have. Don't pretend is not an issue, it is, the 'face' of your movement needs to be trustworthy and of good character.

Also, for the record, my rear end, dick & balls are enormous, and by enormous I mean anime sized.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I'd also have serious issues with what could very probably be a psycopath being in a leadership position, that's the last place they should ever be.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

it's still not clear what this woman's sexual abuse, criminal history, or incarceration has to do with feminism or feminist ideology

it's also funny that natetimm can say "You need to stop pretending that you or any group of people, including feminists, have single authority to represent the opinions of all women" and then in the next post say "this one woman represents feminism"

it's almost like he's a big angry moron who hates women and this inhibits his ability to think properly or something

You're absolutely right, spokes persons and leaders don't reflect terribly on anything so long as what they are reflecting on is my tribe.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nah, more like "A woman losing an argument resulting to gendered insults which will be uncritically supported by the current toxic supporters of feminism no matter what because tribalism is more important than everything".

A problem with the people not the idea. The prudent response should be to do better yourself, not say "well this idea is terrible because some people who believe in it are repellent"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Nope, nothing even remotely similar comes to mind in any way whatsoever.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sethex posted:

You're absolutely right, spokes persons and leaders don't reflect terribly on anything so long as what they are reflecting on is my tribe.

__________________________________________________________________/

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Look it's canon that Kane is the most charismatic man alive and that's why he leads the brotherhood.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

rudatron posted:

A criminal (a real criminal, not 'they were arrested for protesting' crimimal) is the worst possible spokesperson you can have. Don't pretend is not an issue, it is, the 'face' of your movement needs to be trustworthy and of good character.

Also, for the record, my rear end, dick & balls are enormous, and by enormous I mean anime sized.

I would love an actual source showing that they are one and the same person. The only sources I can find are from bullshit right-wing rags.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 27, 2017

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Famethrowa posted:

I would love an actual source showing that they are one and the same person. The only sources are from bullshit right-wing rags.

Hylton gave a speech at the march introducing herself as a former prisoner as part of her persona she was presenting. It's the same person. It's an unfortunate truth that most media outlets have become politically polarized in one direction or another and the places you are most likely to find critical reporting of the "other side" is in publications with absolutely terrible opinions on many other issues. Yes, a bunch of right wing idiot rags are running with it and most left wing rags are conspicuously avoiding it. That doesn't make it untrue. That's why I used the psychology site as a reference instead of any of the other multitude of garbage outlets possible.

It's good to see dime-store Kane show up in the thread. He's an utter moron worthy of scorn and derision as well, although we might agree on a few things.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Gorilla Salad posted:

Nope, nothing even remotely similar comes to mind in any way whatsoever.

Oh hey another old goon like me.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

It's sad that you think that Feminism is dominated by pseudo-academic wankery when it's clear you aren't interested in the actual academic aspect. Yeah, I bet it seems dominated by that poo poo if that poo poo is all you go looking for.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

and most left wing rags are conspicuously avoiding it. That doesn't make it untrue.

oh no, people don't mind the fact that an outspoken feminist is a former convict

the fuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Somfin posted:

It's sad that you think that Feminism is dominated by pseudo-academic wankery when it's clear you aren't interested in the actual academic aspect. Yeah, I bet it seems dominated by that poo poo if that poo poo is all you go looking for.

The original academic aspects of feminism are great. The modern ones are an ever-encroaching system of unprovable dogma that seem designed to seep into every minor facet of life in the most insufferable way possible while being buttressed by the most raw tribalism imaginable.

• Locked thread