Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Joe Rogan rules because he made a big deal about doing podcasts in the basement of the Comedy Store and he still only has like Tony Hinchcliffe and Brian Redban as guests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
In other news the Rhonda Patrick episode is really good again. He should have her on like once every four months, they're always really good episodes. Joeseph Valtellini is pretty dumb and boring and has a really weird way of talking. Some interesting bits but not nearly as captivating as most fighters. The 1st comedy store episode is 90% retreaded "can you believe trump is president" stuff and just not really funny. The Bryan Callen episode is terrible which is normal. I gave up on it around the point where Bryan said he can't stand to be in the company of people who aren't geniuses/masters of their fields for about ten minutes, implying that he was either smart or good at anything. I'll give him credit for this actually, he's the most amazing pseudo-intellectual that I know of.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Haha, this just came up on my subscription feed

I feel like not too long ago i just heard Bert talk about (either on the joe rogan end of the world stream or sam & jimmy norton) the story about how he did a pre-interview with a producer for Conan that went well, including The Machine story a whole bunch of years ago but he never got called back. Looks like his wish finally came true :)

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Isnt he sick of that dumb story by now? I sure am

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

2020 will be joe rogan crawling over a radioactive hellscape yelling 'jamie did you see that malformed bear, jamie you do not want to mess with that bear' as bert skips from refugee camp to refugee camp dramatizing the machine myth-story

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Holy poo poo it's finally happening. Henry Rollins is on today.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Bert kreischer sucks

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Skip My Posts posted:

Bert kreischer sucks

:getout:

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The machine!! LMFAO

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

Bert kreischer sucks

I've never seen a more appropriate username.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Bert Kreischer isn't very funny for a comedian and has the worlds worst laugh.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Seltzer posted:

Yeah he sucks. What was his major philosophical moment this time?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Seltzer posted:

I think the laugh is the funniest thing about him

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

My favorite Kresicher moment was when he told the story about how he discovered that a box of wine is equivalent to 4-5 bottles. This was after he'd thought for some time that a box was only equivalent to 2 bottles and that he didn't have an alcohol problem because he was only drinking a box per night.

Also:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPfy7FxgEYZ/?taken-by=bertkreischer&hl=en

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

butros posted:

My favorite Kresicher moment was when he told the story about how he discovered that a box of wine is equivalent to 4-5 bottles. This was after he'd thought for some time that a box was only equivalent to 2 bottles and that he didn't have an alcohol problem because he was only drinking a box per night.

Also:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPfy7FxgEYZ/?taken-by=bertkreischer&hl=en

boxed wine varies in size between 2L and 5L so its hard to know exactly how much he was drinking without mentioning a brand but of course its too much no matter what

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

On the newest your moms house tom talks about going on the trip with bert paid for by rogan, he talks poo poo about bert drinking all day, he starts with a giant styrofoam cup of vodka soda then double fists all the way to the basket ball game, tom is a pussy so are you momos

edit: also today's podcast with henry rollins is 5/5 although joe doesn't know anything about him it seemed

An Apple A Gay fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 27, 2017

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

An Apple A Gay posted:

edit: also today's podcast with henry rollins is 5/5 although joe doesn't know anything about him it seemed

How insufferable is Rollins? I enjoyed the Taubes episode. It's one giant long tldr: Sugar is really bad for you, worse than you originally imagined, but it was still enjoyable.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
I find Bert to be pretty entertaining to listen to, but he is talking out of his rear end all the time.

His stories are full of exaggerations and misinformation and he prefaces every one of them with "I guarantee, 100 loving percent."

Bert is the least reliable narrator of any of the comedians that I listen to on the podcast circuit, and he is oblivious to that fact, but he is still funny.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Seltzer posted:

How insufferable is Rollins?

Not at all? Dude leads an interesting life and speaks well.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

empty baggie posted:

Not at all? Dude leads an interesting life and speaks well.

Do you know who else lead an interesting life and spoke well....

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Rollins was great. Best episode Joe's ever done imo

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I don't doubt it could be an interesting episode, the Leno episode for instance was good despite me not liking any of his work. That being said I find Rollins to be a huge blowhard. I've seen him in enough places and environments to know that. If he tones that down I'll probably find it entertaining but when guests are outright insufferable (Callen, Cocaine cowboys director etc.) I have to turn it off.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I find Rollins pretentious to be honest. All he talks about is traveling into ghettos and how the US is the most dangerous place. He says he travels to ~learn about life~ and existence but I think he treats the third world like a museum and just hops back into his plane to go live comfortably elsewhere.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Seltzer posted:

How insufferable is Rollins? I enjoyed the Taubes episode. It's one giant long tldr: Sugar is really bad for you, worse than you originally imagined, but it was still enjoyable.

I loving rated the show 5/5 go gently caress your mother thread has no time for burnt haters much less henry rollins haters

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Henry Rollins is pretentious as gently caress, but entertaining.

And gently caress all of you Bart Chrysler is a fat national treasure.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bert is funny or wait is he too elite for a monster truck show message board?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I wouldn't say Burnt Chrysler is real funny but he's a good guest on Rogan's podcast.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
I really respect Rollins' work ethic and endurance. Like Joe said, listening to him talk about all his projects and gigs made me want to get off my rear end and accomplish some of my own goals.

It's cool how he ended up making a life for himself, how they both did actually, through a lot of will and determination.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Smeed posted:

I find Rollins pretentious to be honest. All he talks about is traveling into ghettos and how the US is the most dangerous place. He says he travels to ~learn about life~ and existence but I think he treats the third world like a museum and just hops back into his plane to go live comfortably elsewhere.

Sorry but nah especially to the last line

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

ICHIBAHN posted:

Sorry but nah especially to the last line

I bet bert and henry could exchange some travel stories. I like both of them but henry is really self important and bert is a dummy

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Aye he is pretentious and takes himself very seriously but i doubt he lives the life of luxury that guy implied.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Henry Rollins travel story - faux profound bs about talking to a cab driver in a third world shithole.

Joe Rogan travel story - their money is different lol, also soccer is faggy.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

ICHIBAHN posted:

Aye he is pretentious and takes himself very seriously but i doubt he lives the life of luxury that guy implied.

Perhaps he doesn't have a private plane but I'm not implying he goes back to a palace somewhere. My crappy condo in the suburbs and shopping at Walmart is cushy and comfy compared to the 3rd world places he visits.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Pocket Billiards posted:

Henry Rollins travel story - faux profound bs about talking to a cab driver in a third world shithole.

Joe Rogan travel story - their money is different lol, also soccer is faggy.

Haha Joe wins that one

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Alex Jones announced he's going to be on the show next Wednesday. Strap yourselves in and put on your tin foil helmets!

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

And according to the last fight companion Eddie Bravo will be there too.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Yeahh I'm gonna skip that episode. Eddie Bravo is insufferable and Alex Jones sells fake dick pills to morons.

Joe is live right now with Leah Ramini talking about Scientology. That might be cool.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I love Alex Jones, but Eddie is brutal. Hopefully he doesn't get that high and ruin everything?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Burr is on currently. I'm enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
The Rollins episode was worth it just to hear what David Lee Roth is up to.