Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

MikeJF posted:

Oh that's a great one.

I believe I can fly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Looking for a chat invite, Girlordi de Smith@xXXxnutranursexXXx I have no idea why my @handle is so obnoxious, I think I was drinking heavily when I registered.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

hakimashou posted:

looks like you can claim the free slots on every toon despite what it says in the store

God dammit, why am I always busy with work when this poo poo happens!!!!

Edit: Got in just in time. Had to jump off work network but the promotion was still up when they brought the servers back from maintenance.

Major Spag fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 26, 2017

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Season 12 is live.

quote:

Star Trek Online has just reached its 7th Anniversary, and has now had a run equal to any of the Star Trek television series!

Time to pull the plug!

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope

Major Spag posted:

God dammit, why am I always busy with work when this poo poo happens!!!!

Edit: Got in just in time. Had to jump off work network but the promotion was still up when they brought the servers back from maintenance.

That goes until Friday

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/824718114394812416

FISH GUN

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Swedish fish gun? Time to reinstall.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

I think I was drinking heavily

You'll fit right in

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress, I remember literally nothing about this event. Where the hell is does the omega whatever daily quest thing for the event vouchers start?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Asimo posted:

gently caress, I remember literally nothing about this event. Where the hell is does the omega whatever daily quest thing for the event vouchers start?

Starfleet Academy I think?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Asimo posted:

Hail Q from the anniversary link in the Overview tab.

Anarchy on Drozana, mate.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
press J then click the thing on the far left to talk to Q from anywhere, you dont need to go to any particular spot to start it

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, that shows how long it's been since I really played this. I was just looking in the list of available quests. Cryptic! :downs:

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

So how's the Strategist secondary spec? I see crit chance and crit damage in it.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

AfroSquirrel posted:

So how's the Strategist secondary spec? I see crit chance and crit damage in it.

Pretty good, especially if you're running with Attract Fire active. Attrition Warfare is one of the best cooldown reduction tools in the game, and it procs every 20 seconds so long as you can keep cranking out self-heals.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Haven't bothered even looking at the new rep tree but the new mission is actually decent. Has a star trek-y sort of feel to it in a good way. You know that rare good episode? It felt a bit like that.

So basically nothing at all like how the iconian missions started which were complete garbage at first.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I killed over 100 Tzenkethi on the ground at the end so yeah, one of the good episodes.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Apparently you can do this with the new NX.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jan 27, 2017

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Haven't bothered even looking at the new rep tree but the new mission is actually decent. Has a star trek-y sort of feel to it in a good way. You know that rare good episode? It felt a bit like that.

So basically nothing at all like how the iconian missions started which were complete garbage at first.
Yeah, there's a lot of exploration and investigation and such in the arc so . Even if it's still mostly explosions, that sort of thing goes a long way towards feeling like proper Trek.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Trip report: everything's all shiny now. Got the fish popper and doffed/admiralty for what might be the last time unless they release a T6 Corvette.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Which K12 kit modules are worth getting?

Useful or hilarious, either will do.

super sweet best pal posted:

unless they release a T6 pilot Corvette.

fixed. Otherwise, what's even the point.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jan 27, 2017

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Assuming you mean K13 modules the kligat is insane single-target damage with a quick cooldown. Specifically insane physical damage (thus ignoring shields) that always crits.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Cryptic, a couple months ago - "We're bringing back the wonders of exploration!"

Season 12 Launch - Look at this bigass war you just got into with these cool aliens! Also theres some new parts of the map that do nothing.

Also strategist is the secondary spec for real men. All you nerds in your bugs can keep pilot's fancy barrel rolls - I'm just gonna tank this Tzenkethi artillery hit without any shield loss and then poo poo all over everything with APD Prime.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

super sweet best pal posted:

Trip report: everything's all shiny now. Got the fish popper and doffed/admiralty for what might be the last time unless they release a T6 Corvette.

They did a t6 revamp of the first breen ship this winter so there's a decent chance this summer will be a t6 corvette.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

If the featured episode from months ago is any indication, their only idea for "exploration" is lots of minigames scanning random things.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
whats the most profitable use of an ultimate upgrade token these days? Pick a mk 2 weapon with good modifiers and then use that?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Looks like the giveaway for today is a T5 b'rel retrofit, avenger and t'varo if you don't already have them.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 27, 2017

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Jxforema posted:

whats the most profitable use of an ultimate upgrade token these days? Pick a mk 2 weapon with good modifiers and then use that?

You just need an omega booster with a 2x quality booster to get mk 2 stuff to gold most of the time, especially if you wait for an upgrade weekend. You really want to use the ultimates on VR or lower stuff that you can't get at low marks. If you didn't do the Temporal Agent stuff save it for your rep store items. Other than that save it for mission rewards you want to take to gold or use it on pissbeams.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

So the early buzz on the Wrath of Khan pulse phasers seems to be that the proc is disappointing and he sound effect is wrong.

Distributed Targeting, on the other hand, apparently procs Temporal Cross Wiring and might be better than Kemocite Laced Weapons in terms of raw damage, because of the penetration bonus. Worth looking at.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Coq au Nandos posted:

So the early buzz on the Wrath of Khan pulse phasers seems to be that the proc is disappointing and he sound effect is wrong.

Distributed Targeting, on the other hand, apparently procs Temporal Cross Wiring and might be better than Kemocite Laced Weapons in terms of raw damage, because of the penetration bonus. Worth looking at.

Also has a base 30s recharge on it.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 28, 2017

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Aleth posted:

Also has a base 30s recharge on it.

Can that be lowered by tactical initiative/other CDR stuff?

E: It's apparently channeled and only goes on cooldown when your target dies

Coq au Nandos fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 28, 2017

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's also like 3-4 million credits instead of, what, 300 million? So it compares okay to Kemocite there. :v:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Asimo posted:

It's also like 3-4 million credits instead of, what, 300 million? So it compares okay to Kemocite there. :v:

Kemo's also in that price range now. The price dropped off a cliff after boxxit.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lagomorphic posted:

Kemo's also in that price range now. The price dropped off a cliff after boxxit.

Yeah everything crashed except ships and keys.

Well ships probably DID crash if you take key inflation into account. So basically just keys.

If you just have EC ships and keys are very expensive but the rest is cheap-ish.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Basically I should put my liquidity into keys in the long term?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Lagomorphic posted:

Oh huh, I never noticed. Well never mind that then, just grab Kemocite.

DancingShade posted:

Well ships probably DID crash if you take key inflation into account. So basically just keys.
Ships totally crashed. Stuff that's low demand is like what, 100m now when it used to be 2-300? High demand lockbox ships are like 250-300m, promo ships are 250-500m depending on how popular they are when they used to literally be off the board... the only thing that's still absurdly expensive is the T6 connie and its other-faction equivalents, and that's just due to being too valuable to actually appear on the exchange and this get dragged down by undercutting.

MikeJF posted:

Basically I should put my liquidity into keys in the long term?
Probably. Credits are still inflating overall, and even ships are far too volatile now.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
I like the Pulse Phaser FX, but yeah the sound is disappointing, it sounds like a generic Sci-Fi laser.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asimo posted:

Oh huh, I never noticed. Well never mind that then, just grab Kemocite.

Ships totally crashed. Stuff that's low demand is like what, 100m now when it used to be 2-300? High demand lockbox ships are like 250-300m, promo ships are 250-500m depending on how popular they are when they used to literally be off the board... the only thing that's still absurdly expensive is the T6 connie and its other-faction equivalents, and that's just due to being too valuable to actually appear on the exchange and this get dragged down by undercutting.

Probably. Credits are still inflating overall, and even ships are far too volatile now.

I'm pretty surprised the Infinity box coming back last week didn't tank the Kelvin prices too much.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Pubbies really really loving want their T6 connies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Asimo posted:

Pubbies really really loving want their T6 connies.

There's two kinds of people who want T6 Connies: dutch tulip buttcoin speculators and people who want to fly the actual Star Trek ship in the Star Trek game, and one of these groups are loving assholes. Ok they're all loving assholes but one of them's also space romneys :argh:

• Locked thread