Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I still have not seen a Miyazaki movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

rear end posted:

Please don't recommend K-On to any normal human being ever. A perfect alternative would be Nichijou.

K-On! Is very, very good.

Nichijou is even better so I suppose you are half right.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

so much angry fluff!

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

littleorv posted:

Please sir, for the love of god, watch Porco Rosso.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

littleorv posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the funny thing about people acting like k-on is otaku bait garbage is that it's probably one of the most normie recent anime, high school girls loved it so much it started a brief fashion trend

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

the funny thing about people acting like k-on is otaku bait garbage is that it's probably one of the most normie recent anime, high school girls loved it so much it started a brief fashion trend

Come on. Girls don't like anime, and aren't even real.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

a giant image for a giant lesbian

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i cant edit the post now you realize

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

i cant edit the post now you realize

you can make me look stupid

i dont mind

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

She doesn't look that tall.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Huzzah! posted:

She doesn't look that tall.

What if Velvet is just a giant-er lesbian?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
often the shorties are the biggest lesbians of all

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
cool normie anime that girls watch: nichijou

bad weirdo anime no girls or in fact normal people at all watch: anything directed by naoko yamada

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The 3rd Little Witch Academia episode was a lot of fun, the cast is so delightful. I know it makes total sense but I'm still a little disappointed that they had to start with Akko being introduced to the magic school rather than like the OVA. It's led to some pretty cute scenes but it still feels like those first few awkward intro episodes in some sports shows where the useless main character gets led by the nose through basic concepts that everyone else is totally comfortable with

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Knorth posted:

The 3rd Little Witch Academia episode was a lot of fun, the cast is so delightful. I know it makes total sense but I'm still a little disappointed that they had to start with Akko being introduced to the magic school rather than like the OVA. It's led to some pretty cute scenes but it still feels like those first few awkward intro episodes in some sports shows where the useless main character gets led by the nose through basic concepts that everyone else is totally comfortable with

otoh, it lets them set up a much more interesting and cute dynamic with diana than was present in the ovas

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
That's true, and that stuff has been good, I just hope Akko gets the hang of things soon and we can spend more time having the adventures and less on her failing at everything.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Also, obligatory Sucy is a terrific witch post :3:

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Knorth posted:

otoh it let them put akko in a cannon

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Parallax posted:

otoh it let them put akko in a cannon

That was a good part, so was her getting to know her broom by sweeping up with it :3:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/825177247506051072
https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/825224439969124354

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The Yuri Manga, Stretch

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

The Yuri Manga, Stretch

lol

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Terper posted:

The Yuri Manga, Stretch

I thought I had healed from that wound.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

rear end posted:

Please don't recommend K-On to any normal human being ever. A perfect alternative would be Nichijou.

Comedy/SoL anime aren't something I'd suggest to people until they're a bit beyond entry level anyway to be honest. Then again I'm the kind of person that regularly tries to get people to watch Bakemonogatari so I'm probably not worth paying attention to.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:same:

Terper posted:

The Yuri Manga, Stretch

gently caress you

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/0axhEhw.mp4

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

Comedy/SoL anime aren't something I'd suggest to people until they're a bit beyond entry level anyway to be honest. Then again I'm the kind of person that regularly tries to get people to watch Bakemonogatari so I'm probably not worth paying attention to.

please tell us the success/failure stories

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i found small yuri in tales of berseria

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
uh, the joke was that baloogan is a whiskey-swilling, trump-loving milsperg* and therefore k-on is probably the exact opposite of the kind of thing he would like.†

* i mean this with no ill-will
† he should watch it anyway

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Colonel posted:

show us the cowboy hat

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

DisDisDis posted:

please tell us the success/failure stories

I think only two people actually watched any of it, initial feedback from one of them seemed to be exasperated confusion and they both made it about halfway through Mayoi Snail. Can't possibly imagine why.

In other words a 100% success rate.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think they could've at least handled kanbaru, but lol nadeko snake

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

Not what I was hoping for

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Yeah my pitch was based almost entirely on how good Kanbaru is.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://zippy.gfycat.com/MajorMilkyHogget.webm

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Man I hate this trend of so many of my favorite doujin metal bands adding in lovely vocals. Like, some of them are ok, but most really detract from the experience. Silver lining is some of them include instrumentals on their albums, but it's just not the same :(.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

littleorv posted:

Watch Porco Rosso. Or heck, most of his movies are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Virgin Killer Sweater sure is killer :twisted:

• Locked thread