Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Do the ones you can get by hex-hacking the face mesh count?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn4x_BRqIpI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Waltzing Along posted:

Because it doesn't make sense to send people 600 years away when you have 99% of a galaxy left to explore. That's why.

If you open a new relay to explore more of the milky way, then you might get Rachni 2.0 coming out and launching a huge war. If you send people to another galaxy, then you are much less likely to be invaded by aliens in return.

And even if we accept your premise that it would make more sense to explore the close neighborhood, people often act irrational. Please remember that people told Columbus that he would starve on his way to India, because they knew the rough size of the Earth. He insead decided to believe in older, wrong estimates of a smaller Earth, and was only saved by the Americas being on his route. A privately funded initiative may have people in charge who want to reach Andromeda just for braghing rights.

There's nothing wrong with going to Andromeda. The only thing that's wrong is that the devs have to go with this plot since the dumb ME3 ending burned the milky way setting.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

And for the true fans

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
catflaps mcgee is my new favourite thing

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Fat necks is a pretty big turn off here so I will, alas, not be kissing that.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

BrianWilly posted:

Fat necks is a pretty big turn off here so I will, alas, not be kissing that.

That's not theri neck. Those are tentacles.

I'm sorry, but if you'll gently caress an Asari then you'll have no problem loving Catflaps. :colbert:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I'll give that piece of poo poo a kiss, with my FIST

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Drifter posted:

That's not theri neck. Those are tentacles.

I'm sorry, but if you'll gently caress an Asari then you'll have no problem loving Catflaps. :colbert:

But I wouldn't gently caress an asari. They're the worst council race.

A salarian or a turian, though? Now we're talking.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Torrannor posted:

If you open a new relay to explore more of the milky way, then you might get Rachni 2.0 coming out and launching a huge war. If you send people to another galaxy, then you are much less likely to be invaded by aliens in return.

And even if we accept your premise that it would make more sense to explore the close neighborhood, people often act irrational. Please remember that people told Columbus that he would starve on his way to India, because they knew the rough size of the Earth. He insead decided to believe in older, wrong estimates of a smaller Earth, and was only saved by the Americas being on his route. A privately funded initiative may have people in charge who want to reach Andromeda just for braghing rights.

There's nothing wrong with going to Andromeda. The only thing that's wrong is that the devs have to go with this plot since the dumb ME3 ending burned the milky way setting.

Yeah, or maybe even a good old Space Race - Russia and America weren't out of places to live on Earth, they were going to the Moon because it looked like maybe they could and they both wanted to be first. Humanity joins the galactic scene, discovers nobody's been to another galaxy yet, figures it's something that looks doable, decides to show everyone up, then all the big players join in because they don't want to be seen as falling behind the upstarts.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

chiasaur11 posted:

But I wouldn't gently caress an asari. They're the worst council race.

A salarian or a turian, though? Now we're talking.

You'd bang a loving skeleton bird over an Asari? YOu sick freak .

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Wanna chomp on those mandibles

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

marshmallow creep posted:

He sounds juuuuuust enough like Nathan Fillion that someone is going to try to make Mal Ryder.

After he dies and gets plugged into Sara's cyberbrain, he can be Ghost Ryder.

Waltzing Along posted:

The problem is that the milky way galaxy, in the games, is barely explored. There are a bunch of mass relays they don't even use for fear of what might be on the other end. And that's a tiny percentage of the ares that actually have a relay.

There is no reason to leave the galaxy whatsoever.

All the relays blew up.

basic hitler posted:

I'm really good at detaching something from the fanbase, but gently caress me this is starting to put me off this franchise completely.

Lame jokes about fuckin' are better than the earlier lame "nobody's allowed to like this game or ELSE" hot takes.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FronzelNeekburm posted:

All the relays blew up.

All the relays blew up, the citadel blew up and the fleeing ships were all caught in the blastwave which was galaxy wide.

I love how many people in this thread have mentally retconned the ME3 ending into "oh they're fine, everything is fine, shepard and liara had blue babies and everything is fine" while they rock back and forth in the darkened room of denial.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
I mean, it didn't if you chose the God Emperor ending.

Reaper Shepard will guide us to the Golden Path.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

DancingShade posted:

All the relays blew up, the citadel blew up and the fleeing ships were all caught in the blastwave which was galaxy wide.

I love how many people in this thread have mentally retconned the ME3 ending into "oh they're fine, everything is fine, shepard and liara had blue babies and everything is fine" while they rock back and forth in the darkened room of denial.

No need for us to retcon it. Bioware did it for us.

Extended cut. Hackett narrates over stills of everyone fixing poo poo up and enjoying how it was mostly only the Reapers (and also the geth) that exploded.

You wanting to be bitter at the ending doesn't make you right.

Always funny how people can look at something with as many flaws as Mass Effect 3 and still feel a need to make up exciting new imaginary flaws in their quest to say how bad it is.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

chiasaur11 posted:

No need for us to retcon it. Bioware did it for us.

Extended cut. Hackett narrates over stills of everyone fixing poo poo up and enjoying how it was mostly only the Reapers (and also the geth) that exploded.

You wanting to be bitter at the ending doesn't make you right.

Always funny how people can look at something with as many flaws as Mass Effect 3 and still feel a need to make up exciting new imaginary flaws in their quest to say how bad it is.

Ah retcons :allears:

Andromeda is the retcon. The timeline was nearly snipped off in ME2 and ME3 is now Robocop 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5YG5f38MPo

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jan 28, 2017

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Drifter posted:

You'd bang a loving skeleton bird over an Asari? YOu sick freak .

To be fair, asari do bear the stigma of having literally brought the galaxy to the brink of ruin so they could keep showing up the frog people in their physics finals.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

basic hitler posted:

I'm sure this is a bad thing to bring up but I gotta vent. I'm looking forward to this, but I'm majorly disgusted by how a majority of people seem to be into these games solely to gently caress aliens. I hate bioware for catering to them so much. It creeps me way the gently caress out. The Witcher 3 is maybe my favorite game, has sex and romance in spades, but it handles it like an adult? Witcher fans seem to be more interested in literally everything else, and not the technicals behind jamming body parts into robots or cloaca or whatever.

I'm really good at detaching something from the fanbase, but gently caress me this is starting to put me off this franchise completely.

Whoa check out this sicko

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

BrianWilly posted:

Wanna chomp on those mandibles

Garrus is more mandible than you can handible

Nielsen
Jun 12, 2013
It's nice that Bioware stated that the badguys won't be typical evil (trailer doesn't really suggest that yet but sure) because I'd be skeptical too if an alien invasion fleet turns up with the intent to colonize but under the guise of "friendly exploration and cooperation" etc.

I hope they do something interesting with the premise and don't file all of that under TIMs daughter renegade option or whatever while the rest of the team are blissfully ignorant of the trail of dead bodies they're leaving behind in this new galaxy.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I want to see the break up conversation where I tell a love interest that I cheated on them with the AI space tank.

"Sorry but the talking BTR just understands me like you never will."

Space BTR honks enthusiastically

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jan 28, 2017

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

DancingShade posted:

I want to see the break up conversation where I tell a love interest that I cheated on them with the AI space tank.

"Sorry but the talking BTR just understands me like you never will."

Space BTR honks enthusiastically

doesn't the ai get all your sensory input for some reason? makes banging your character a threesome i guess

Orv
May 4, 2011
I see closing the Bioware forums was a mistake.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Orv posted:

I see closing the Bioware forums was a mistake.

They thought they'd killed it, but all they did was let it out.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

I'm not saying it's bad or even that I don't like it, but this looks like a saturday morning cartoon show.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
I'm willing to bet the AI assistant that your father created will contain the brain of your dead mother.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Vitamin P posted:

I'm not saying it's bad or even that I don't like it, but this looks like a saturday morning cartoon show.

Bioware was never going to be making the Iliad. They're much better off just embracing the campy bullshit that makes them popular.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

jfood posted:

Gonna be so happy when Kai Leng pops out of an air vent and stabs Ryder's dad, setting our hero off on a voyage of both internal and intergalactic discovery.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

EDIT: Never mind

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
"I want to explore realistic personal relationships with these aliens, not just gently caress everything i meet"

Great the fate of humanity rests in the hands of a crack squadron of Nice Guys :negative:

m'galaxy

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Then plot twists will lead to him joining your squad, which leads to Kai Leng dying when the player send him on another ill-advised assignment due to him supposedly being good at vents.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I'm here to make my really hip, topical reference. Mass Effect Voyager

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Vitamin P posted:

We're going to save the galaxy. But first we're going to the mall!

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Abroham Lincoln posted:

sorry, captain janeway's with the other franchise

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Only they don't want to go home. They're here to stay.

Hmm... is there a popular Sci-fi show where the invading colonial force is supposed to be the sympathetic side?

DancingShade posted:

We're going to save the galaxy. But first we're going to the mall!

Look old man, don't act like the cardboard protagonists were any less egregious in our time. Let the young folk have their fun.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Well Janeway's Dragon Age schedule did open up after Inquisition.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Skippy McPants posted:

Hmm... is there a popular Sci-fi show where the invading colonial force is supposed to be the sympathetic side?

Dora the Explorer

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

The MSJ posted:

Then plot twists will lead to him joining your squad, which leads to Kai Leng dying when the player send him on another ill-advised assignment due to him supposedly being good at vents.

nah he will do some self sacrificing radiation style death while they mind meld using mass effect fields while talking about the meaning of friendship.

then in the next game we will find his baby clone and raise it while looking for a way to return it to his newclone body.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

Hmm... is there a popular Sci-fi show where the invading colonial force is supposed to be the sympathetic side

I don't know about supposed to be, but all the humans in the four episodes of Falling Skies I saw made me intrinsically root for the aliens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

if there it is, it's probably written by the british