Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

I miss the days when there were five or six posts every morning about gold Shadow or gold Bedile.

The RNG failed me, I only got blue-Bediled today :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
:negative: I just can't get the limit kill on PRO. Between barely being able to get enough stones to get a team of limit breaks off in the first place, and all my offensive limits just not doing enough damage to kill it when its health bar is practically invisible, I have no clue how to do this.

EDIT: Oh boy a rainbow crystal! Oh no it's another vaan! Is his TM reward even good or should I just pile these boys onto one another?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jan 28, 2017

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Mugaaz posted:

Nian was super easy for my team. Cecil dual casting barfira + barthundara. Friend Noctis breaking MAG. Put Ifrit + flame mail + fire shield on team to boost fire resist, and jeweled ring on CoD to prevent her from getting paralyzed so she could use comeback. Got all the subquests in 1 run.

Not pulling on this banner, units don't seem very good to me. Saving my 25k lapis and my 122 tickets for the Thunder God!

This is the kind of information goonbros should be sharing. You sir, iz a true scholar and gentleman. Cheerio.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Thank you guys for the strategies! You're doing Odin's work.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I didn't have much trouble with Nyan~ Beast either. Used my default team of Luneth (600 ATK), Cecil, Refia (DC, it helps but it's not needed), CoD and WoL with Noctis friends (one real buff one and a more acceptable 600+ ATK one). Strat was keeping all buffs up (Focus, Embolden, Omniveil), WoL spamming Full Break and just doing DPS stuff. Dude has so much health it's hard to not fill up bars. I think if you have an event-capable team and Nian is getting you down, you're probably either neglecting your elemental resistances/SPR buffing or not auto-attacking during Preparation.

Try to overkill the thing with items, LBs and espers, just whittle him down to very low health and activate poo poo as fast as possible (Esper, LBs, then item), possibly while one of the DPSs use regular attacks. I got item and LB the first time around, then had to come back for the Esper. Now I just need to do the previous level, I didn't expect the Beast to melt as fast as it did first time around.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Blew 30 tickets, got a Snow and a Ling. 3 Bediles, 1 female Bedile. Really want that chocobro

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Did an 11-pull for the hell of it...
Gold crystal = Sabin
Everything else was blue garbage.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Scrublord Prime posted:

The RNG failed me, I only got blue-Bediled today :negative:

I got blue shadowned.

I also finished out the current story mode. drat, Gumi is really dragging this poo poo out.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jan 28, 2017

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Thanks to tbe two power pots on todays PRO exploration, my Noctis is now a member of the 800 club!

I did five pulls in celebration, and managed to not get any banner units! :gumi:

Also just an FYI, the chests in the exploration respawn everyday too and seem to have different stuff.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Ziss went 144 pulls for 1x Yun, 3x Lin, 21x Xiao which seems about right in ratio looking at streamers, tubers, redditors, goons :wtf:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I just can't get into this event

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

hagie posted:

I'm much more into it than their other grindy events. This is great! A hard boss fight with good rewards that doesn't take *too* much energy. An exploration that recurrs with new rewards every day that also doesn't take up too much energy. Boss that's hard but not impossible for a team of non 5* bases.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Status effect immunity is a wonderful thing. Deciding to prioritize my Tilith and 4 Kefkas for TMR farming is now paying huge dividends. My arena team dodges the Golem Rod petrification shenanigans, and with FFV boosted this week my three Exdeaths just tank any damage. My event team just laughs at the Nian Beast's attempts at paralysis and go right on nuking him.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

hagie posted:

I don't mind the daily Beast fights, but the Great Beast fight is kind of poo poo. They really need to rework/get rid of Kill with Item/Kill with Esper requirements. I've done a few runs now and have been unable to time the Esper/Item correctly on the last attack due to their extremely low damage. So I'm throwing a bunch of time and energy at ELT for nothing. I'm probably going to call it and just TMR grind more.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Ok so TMR...doing it myself instead of macros because I have time on my hands at the moment. Do I make a full party to do Earth Shrine or limit it to my 2 Zidanes?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Full party for TMRs.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm still considering buying that big $48 bundle but pouring that lapis into the TM grind.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

CyberLord XP posted:

I don't mind the daily Beast fights, but the Great Beast fight is kind of poo poo. They really need to rework/get rid of Kill with Item/Kill with Esper requirements. I've done a few runs now and have been unable to time the Esper/Item correctly on the last attack due to their extremely low damage. So I'm throwing a bunch of time and energy at ELT for nothing. I'm probably going to call it and just TMR grind more.

Take any damage item, learn the timing on the item with your powerful dmg skills with two characters, then chain the item between them. For the Esper use it before them, pause a moment then activate them and you'll chain it. As long as you chain with lethal damage they count. I did the item and esper together chained off Lightning's Crushing Blow.

Practice the timing on them with the encounters in the expo.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Here's the thing though, there's not a lot of room to gently caress up when it's only a 5% moogle and it's 20 NRG a run. If you're a macro user (like me) and you can't get it in less than 5 runs it's not worth getting. I really don't care about the whip and it's difficult enough that I don't want to chance losing it.

If you can get it in the first try or two, well done. If not it's probably not worth it.

EDIT: Note I am F2P garbage and my big damage is from Bartz/ExDeath/Chiz. None are much higher than 400 in Atk/Mag, so this is a legit difficult fight for me.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It'd be nice if Esper's didn't do crap for damage, and a lot of limit breaks too.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ling: 6* L45
Dance of Death
Inflict 2 random status ailments (30%) to all enemies and increase power of the next normal attack (+1x, max +10x) to caster

Does anyone know if this is coded the same way as Black Cat Lid? If so, that would be amazing.

e: Oh wait, it has a percent chance on it. Oh well, too bad.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
10 turns is a lot of turns. I feel like you'd never ever get that attack to it's max multiplier.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm still considering buying that big $48 bundle but pouring that lapis into the TM grind.

Already did and for just that reason...

:shepspends:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Go RV! posted:

Ling: 6* L45
Dance of Death
Inflict 2 random status ailments (30%) to all enemies and increase power of the next normal attack (+1x, max +10x) to caster

Does anyone know if this is coded the same way as Black Cat Lid? If so, that would be amazing.

e: Oh wait, it has a percent chance on it. Oh well, too bad.

Lid also has a % chance, so there's a chance they hosed it up exactly the same way.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

After a few weeks of macro grinding, I finally got my 1st TM to 100% :toot:

Excaliber now, next week probably 2 genji gloves.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Pulled my first Garnet thanks to the free daily summon. Thanks lunar calendar!

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Finally got around to testing out Ling's weird stacking attack buff. Went into Great Nian Beast ELT, had her dance 10 times, and then attacked the Great Nian ELT Beast. Beast was not DEF broken, and the only buffs in play were a +68% ATK buff from Cecil's LB, which is already reflected in the attack values.

Ling's auto-attack after 10 dances (297 listed ATK) = ~37,000 total damage
Friend Noctis w/ Ifrit & my Noctis w/ Ifrit (841 & 839 listed ATK) auto-attack = ~11,500 total damage, twice (for dual-wield)

Obviously you're not hitting 10 dances regularly, but for someone who I'm using primarily to debuff, mana restore, and Esunaga my party, I'll take the occasional super-whack.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Yeah the stacking attack buff wasn't intended to be the focus of the abilities, or that you have to get the multiplier to max every time, but a nice bonus so that turns with no support action available don't feel wasted.

I finally set up Nox + macro today, so I guess I'm fully ensnared by this mobile slot machine game now.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
While not getting any event units but a trio of Xiao Ni Ma, I got a second Edgar. If I were to do the double-edgar combo chain monster squad, would I just surf along on their hit-chains or would they best be outfitted with elemental weapons and more?

e: ahahahaha arena loss #5 from arena crash #5 gfy

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 29, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Yeah the stacking attack buff wasn't intended to be the focus of the abilities, or that you have to get the multiplier to max every time, but a nice bonus so that turns with no support action available don't feel wasted.

I finally set up Nox + macro today, so I guess I'm fully ensnared by this mobile slot machine game now.

Set up chrome remote desktop on your phone so you can check for crashes every 30 minutes every once in a while and correct as needed.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I basically just straight up can not do the arena this week because my only offensive units in the party really are dark cecil and exdeath. No dark attacks and no multi-cast means get hosed that team.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I am really enjoying this event. It has a little bit of a challenge with all of the conditions to meet so you can get the cool stuff, it doesn't cost a lot of energy to do, and it leaves plenty of time for TMR farming.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MrLonghair posted:

While not getting any event units but a trio of Xiao Ni Ma, I got a second Edgar. If I were to do the double-edgar combo chain monster squad, would I just surf along on their hit-chains or would they best be outfitted with elemental weapons and more?

Chainsaw meta is best with elemental chains (which have slightly broader windows than normal hit chains and I.. think stack with them? I could be wrong on that second part) since Edgar's not gonna be winning any awards for damage on his own, the idea is to filter your DPS units through the absurd chain multipliers.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nuebot posted:

I basically just straight up can not do the arena this week because my only offensive units in the party really are dark cecil and exdeath. No dark attacks and no multi-cast means get hosed that team.

The rules for the arena this weak are no water attacks and no status aliments when I look at the screen. I just murdered a team with dualcast meteors too. :confused:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Fire Shrine the end of the story currently? Something tells me no, but I can't figure out how to proceed after the Decisive Battle.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

Fire Shrine the end of the story currently? Something tells me no, but I can't figure out how to proceed after the Decisive Battle.

Yup, that's the end. Gumi really dragging this island along.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

The rules for the arena this weak are no water attacks and no status aliments when I look at the screen. I just murdered a team with dualcast meteors too. :confused:

When do the rules change? Last time I checked it said no dark and no magic combos. I'm checking right now and yeah, different rewards even. :shrug:

EDIT: Rules changed yesterday, so it was last week's arena I'm complaining about. Whoops.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 29, 2017

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

When do the rules change? Last time I checked it said no dark and no magic combos. I'm checking right now and yeah, different rewards even. :shrug:

I believe Friday morning at 12 AM.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Got enough mats to make 3 more hero rings today, running the new exploration at the lowest nrg gives you an insane number of megacrysts. My top is 10 in one run, worst is 2 so far. Any reason to not just stockpile megacrysts waiting for the new rings to come? Will there eventually be a better way to get them?

aherdofpenguins fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

aherdofpenguins posted:

Any reason to not just stockpile megacrysts waiting for the new rings to come? Will there eventually be a better way to get them?

Well... someone did the numbers, and it takes thousands of megacrysts to get one Exceed ring. But there are other rings (Monarch and one other) that are improvements on the Hereo's Ring.

I've been tempted to spend the next 6months using all my energy running explorations to *maybe* get an Exceed ring, but right now NOBODY in the JP version has one.

• Locked thread