Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
Think of it as a treadmill.
You play to increase the number on the treadmil, but there's never any end to it.
If playing for a little bit here or there kills time in an enjoyable manner, then ultimately you're getting some value from it.

This game isn't a race and anyone starting at this point is so far behind, you're not going to catch up (unless you're planning to drop 20k USD.)
Be smart with decision making and you can catch up fairly quickly to the majority of players and then do reasonably well.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-Be4zgYLU0
e-Do we know how awakening weapons ended up? I have a Valk, Maehwa, Witch and I stopped following the game at around the time those were going to come out in korea and I have no idea how they ended up meta wise.

I'm a filthy casual and I don't really follow most of the stuff very closely. However, valk did get the short end of the stick (I have witch and valk). No idea about maehwa. Witch is a little bit worse than wizard but still decent.

Additional shameless plugging for PNR here:
We have the nimblest fingers
They are the most excellent fingers.
I know this.
You know this.

Make PNR great again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
OK, so the welfare checks (e.g. cron stones, sharp black crystals) - I should just sell those and straight up buy +15 or PRI gear right?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

lurksion posted:

OK, so the welfare checks (e.g. cron stones, sharp black crystals) - I should just sell those and straight up buy +15 or PRI gear right?

You cant really sell cron stones for more than 100,000 silver as vendor trash but yes, enchanting is for suckers

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Isn't enchanting (gambling) the whole point of the game? I keep all my stones & crystals and enchant all my own poo poo, more fun that way.

I had like 50 free cron stones accumulated from all the events and used them to duo my witch's earring the other night because why not!

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

If I reinstall this to dick around with goons will I be able to join Parks & Rec if I was on the Eden server? I heard something a while back about a server merge.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Cao Ni Ma posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-Be4zgYLU0

This guy made some hilarious quitting videos and now he's back and he's made a "Why a came back" video. The game actually sounds ok now, but the end grind is still horrible.

e-Do we know how awakening weapons ended up? I have a Valk, Maehwa, Witch and I stopped following the game at around the time those were going to come out in korea and I have no idea how they ended up meta wise.

I think valk is generally considered the worst class in the game at the moment. They are really sturdy but no real reason to bring them over warriors and berserkers for the frontline in node wars. Maehwas can zoom around fast but their abilities hit more of a cone area rather than a 360 degree area around them like musas do, so I think they are also regarded pretty poorly at the moment. Witch is considered a bit worse than wizard but not by much, both are top tier classes right now. If you do play I'd play the witch for sure.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

fletcher posted:

Isn't enchanting (gambling) the whole point of the game? I keep all my stones & crystals and enchant all my own poo poo, more fun that way.

I had like 50 free cron stones accumulated from all the events and used them to duo my witch's earring the other night because why not!

If you like living or dying by black spirit RNG fine but many prefer grinding cash and buying what they need

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I think only people with billions play rng game because the upgrades they need are billions and can save money if they get lucky.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
Game is almost done installing, is there a post somewhere that says what server and is there a discord?

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

Loose Ifer posted:

Game is almost done installing, is there a post somewhere that says what server and is there a discord?

There's only one server, split up over different channels. Stick to the top three while you're leveling, they have an xp boost.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
You can get up to a certain point with buying gear but after that it's all RNG.
Top tier accessories are the part where you're stuck trying to RNG.
However, TET Kzarkas are up on the marketplace all day long. Boss armor is available TRI/TET fairly often (Bheg/Giath/Red Nose are the more available ones, Tree and Muskan still a little more rare)
Nouver/Dandelions are a little more rare but there's still a decent number being posted.

Full TRI boss armor + TRI Kzarka will run about 2.5bil
That's the long term goal if you're trying to save up money, then that's where you need to save up.

There's just no way to beat that kind of value by playing the RNG game. RNG is for the top 1%.

A 25 fail stack used on a MoS to PRI it will gain you far less value (in fact, it's a straight up loss) than a piece of boss armor from 15 to PRI or Tungrades to PRI.
That said, PRI'ing a MoS is probably done with just like a 15 stack or even less these days.
MoS x 2 is about 11-12mil material cost + fail stack cost. PRI MoS is 19mil. 25 FS is a 50% shot to PRI. Using a 10 or 15 stack, if you succeed you gain about 7mil value. Is that 7mil even going to cover the cost of building those FS? No.

For efficiency sake, buy everything.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Here I am sitting on my rage quit chars with +25-35 FS across 4 toons when I was just trying to +15 all of my gear :smith:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

J posted:

I think valk is generally considered the worst class in the game at the moment. They are really sturdy but no real reason to bring them over warriors and berserkers for the frontline in node wars. Maehwas can zoom around fast but their abilities hit more of a cone area rather than a 360 degree area around them like musas do, so I think they are also regarded pretty poorly at the moment. Witch is considered a bit worse than wizard but not by much, both are top tier classes right now. If you do play I'd play the witch for sure.

It pisses me off that it seems every female variant of the classes is straight up worse than the male ones. I was thinking of maybe starting a kunoichi to try something different if I started playing again and not only is it worse than the ninja their stealth is bugged and pets ignore it. Given the prevalence of magi on the game and their pets it makes no sense to roll one

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Sounds like you just need to roll a little girl instead. It's what they want you to do.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well there was a power outage for the better part of yesterday and when it did come back up the ISP took a dump and now we don't have internet for god knows how long. Still need to download like a third of the client.

I'll probably play my witch again because she already has an outfit and everything. Probably till the maehwa buffs come stateside or emo elf

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat, I'd forgotten how beautiful all my characters were in this game

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 26, 2017

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

drat, I'd forgotten how beautiful all my characters were in this game

:perfect:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I cant remember anything about any of the classes I played. The muscle memory is gone. This is why I usually start new classes when I come back to a game after a long period.

Also I have like 90 million silver from a check I got in the mail apparently because of my house? Its not much but it should help starting out again. My gear is mostly junk, my witch has a little while to get to 56. Does the witch awakening completely replace her weapon? Should I bother getting a high level liverto staff in the mean while? Is there a good skill guide for both normal and awakened abilities?

e-Ive got a plus 12 yuria staff already if that should influence anything also like +33 fail stack

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 26, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I cant remember anything about any of the classes I played. The muscle memory is gone. This is why I usually start new classes when I come back to a game after a long period.

Also I have like 90 million silver from a check I got in the mail apparently because of my house? Its not much but it should help starting out again. My gear is mostly junk, my witch has a little while to get to 56. Does the witch awakening completely replace her weapon? Should I bother getting a high level liverto staff in the mean while? Is there a good skill guide for both normal and awakened abilities?

e-Ive got a plus 12 yuria staff already if that should influence anything also like +33 fail stack

A portion of your non awakening weapons ap goes towards your awakening ap.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

A portion of your non awakening weapons ap goes towards your awakening ap.

So raw AP or do other stats like crit and cast speed also get influenced? I'm thinking of getting a high level bronze dagger and a liverto when someone actually posts it in the auction house. I cant burn through all these fail stacks I have on this character upgrading gear though.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah I logged in to a 16.8 mil check, and apparently that is 350k a day, very nice and helps with casual play. Gives me an incentive to try out the other classes. I'm also getting two sets of login rewards for returning and loyal, so the game is basically showering you with cash for playing. It's a good idea, because a lot of people may be in my boat of loving parts of the game but only wanting to play it casual or limited hours.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Leveling is super fast now. Got 3 levels in little over 3 hours from 49-52 and most of it was spent running around like an idiot acclimating back to the game and doing that poo poo story quest to go past 49.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Once you get to level 55, pull up your black spirit and click the guides button. There will be a "combat promotion" questline that he will point you to that will have you killing stuff in various mediah spots, followed up by turning in 10 weapon and armor blackstones. The final quest gives 30% of level 55. If the otters don't offer the quest press o and then click the "all" filter in the bottom left of that window and try again. The quest filter in this game is rather finicky and turns on/off sometimes and actually ends up hiding poo poo you may want to see.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

J posted:

Once you get to level 55, pull up your black spirit and click the guides button. There will be a "combat promotion" questline that he will point you to that will have you killing stuff in various mediah spots, followed up by turning in 10 weapon and armor blackstones. The final quest gives 30% of level 55. If the otters don't offer the quest press o and then click the "all" filter in the bottom left of that window and try again. The quest filter in this game is rather finicky and turns on/off sometimes and actually ends up hiding poo poo you may want to see.

Holy gently caress... I didn't know this and I was raging for quite a while at why my game was bugged out.
Too filthy of a casual to care why though so I never did much research into it.
Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk I missed out on so many days of dailies.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I'm bad and reinstalling this game to play farmville. Is doing stuff like sunflower packsm, milk tea, and fishing still things you can do to make money?

J
Jun 10, 2001

gwrtheyrn posted:

I'm bad and reinstalling this game to play farmville. Is doing stuff like sunflower packsm, milk tea, and fishing still things you can do to make money?

Yeah you can still make good money doing farmville stuff. Don't make sunflower crates though, there are better things to do with your sunflowers and/or farm plots. You'll want to look into imperial trading. Basically there are certain things you can make via cooking or alchemy, and then turn them into boxes, and then sell those boxes to the imperial traders who pay good money for them. However they only accept limited quantities of these boxes from all players, and those quantities sometimes reset every 3 hours. It can involve some channel surfing to trade in the boxes sometimes, but it is good money. There are also imperial fish NPCs who take certain fish and operate the same way.

Beyond that, if you have enough contribution points for the nodes and worker lodging, you can make certain kinds of crates. Typically calpheon or mediah timber crates, and also certain metal crates are alright too. Brass/Bronze/Steel. Selling crates though doesn't really start to "pop" until your trading level gets up to master2, which lets you get a buff out in the desert that increases the value of trade goods traded to valencia (the desert city) significantly.

Cooking anything at all will give you this byproduct item called "dish with poor ingredients" that you can turn in for contribution experience to help grow your node network so you can have more workers farming poo poo for you. You'll need beer to feed them so if you aren't sure what else to cook, cook beer since you'll use it all eventually.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

J posted:

Cooking anything at all will give you this byproduct item called "dish with poor ingredients" that you can turn in for contribution experience to help grow your node network so you can have more workers farming poo poo for you. You'll need beer to feed them so if you aren't sure what else to cook, cook beer since you'll use it all eventually.

Was that in the game near launch? This sounds unfamiliar, and I'm sure I tossed a ton of it when I was playing before

J
Jun 10, 2001

gwrtheyrn posted:

Was that in the game near launch? This sounds unfamiliar, and I'm sure I tossed a ton of it when I was playing before

I actually can't remember. I'm pretty sure it was in game at launch, though. But also at launch cooking took energy to do, it no longer requires energy to cook stuff so if you can keep sourcing materials, you can cook nonstop. I would pick up all the potato/wheat/barley/corn nodes quickly just to spam out as much beer as possible.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

What are these new crate nodes? They look like they're some sort of trade item instead of standard resources

J
Jun 10, 2001

gwrtheyrn posted:

What are these new crate nodes? They look like they're some sort of trade item instead of standard resources

The green crate lookin nodes that say specialties on them? You have to have a residence in that node that is rank 1 in interior points to put a worker on those nodes. Most of them are crap, and the ones that are actually good you'll have to generally buy lots of pearl furniture to get a good enough house to use the node anyway.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

gwrtheyrn posted:

It was. Anytime you cook something you would get excess 5 dishes. You turn in each of the four five to a different NPC to get Contribution, Beer, Milk, Cooking XP, and a worthless amount of coins.

BubbaGrace fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 29, 2017

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
So i picked this up on a whim and i really have no idea what im doing.

I mean im killin monsters and havin fun, but outside of run to quest- do quest- talk to spirit/people for more quests- repeat... i dont really understand whats going on around me lol. Got to lvl 40 doing this too.

Is there a "so your a clueless idiot" guide?

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

Double Monocle posted:

I mean im killin monsters and havin fun, but outside of run to quest- do quest- talk to spirit/people for more quests- repeat... i dont really understand whats going on around me lol. Got to lvl 40 doing this too.

Collect welfare, save money, and buy straight into either a DUO/PRI Liverto or an Ult Green weapon that's also PRI/DUO.
Get some cheapish +15/PRI Grunil/Heve/etc. armor and then start saving for boss armor/weapons.

Just follow the black spirit quests as there is a mandatory quest to get past lvl 49.99.
There's not much else to do besides commit genocide, AFK fish, chop trees, etc.

There really isn't any kind of lore or story.

edit: Also, join Parks and Rec as there is nimble fingers 3, which will let you chop trees or pick flowers much faster.
There's an event going on which increases black stone drop rates from grinding, gathering rate increases for hards/sharps, and relics from fishing.

Gathering for hards/sharps is a little RNGish but everything is in this game. It will help you build wealth. Hard is 1.6mil, Sharp is 3.6mil.

TVDinna fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 29, 2017

PenguinScotty
Nov 13, 2012

Hotpants Icecream

Double Monocle posted:

Can't really think of a decently current beginner guide (most are from about a year ago, during launch). There are also quite a few small intricacies which are somewhat weird to convey.

If you are comfortable with combat and the likes, i'd recommend looking into Life Skills (Such as fishing, farming, cooking, trading, etc.), with guides being relatively common for those.
A general good source of information would be Dulfy. There are basic guides there as well, explaining how to set up your workers, how nodes work, trading routes and such, and should be a decent baseline for that.

Another thing i would recommend, if you haven't yet, is to hit the Option tab ontop of your quest log and select all quests, so quests other than just kill quests show up.

There is actually a ton to do in this, Life Skill wise, so once you find something that interests you, you can focus in on that for a good week and get set up. I rather enjoy it.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Thanks for the help, one more dumb question-

How do i apply/sign up/ect for the goon guild? I dont see any in game feature.

edit- my horse keeps "dying" because its de-spawning? I jump off it, go to grind out a quest, and within about 5 min its just gone.
Not dead mind you, im constantly watching to make sure no mobs aggro it.

Double Monocle fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 29, 2017

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Getting lost in the world, exploring, and killing dudes in badass ways is basically the best part of this game, so don't feel like you are missing out. Remember your contribution points can always be taken back so don't fear spending them wrongly, and talk to everyone to increase your energy.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Is the attendance event what people mean by welfare or is it something completely separate?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

gwrtheyrn posted:

Is the attendance event what people mean by welfare or is it something completely separate?

The login rewards you unlock after being logged in for 30 mins.

J
Jun 10, 2001

gwrtheyrn posted:

There are pretty much always events of some sort going on, many of which hand out free poo poo. Like right now you have the attendance event, and the black spirit adventures board game thing going. Both of these are just free poo poo every day for doing nothing. Earlier this month there was an event going that gave out these crafting materials that you could use to make loot boxes that gave you free poo poo. That kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jesus christ memory fragment prices. Is the player population subsisting on previously upgraded liverto weapons or something

I'm still down like 20 million silver needed to get a cheap duo liverto weapon and I cant grind effectively at all

e-also does the returning gifted horse always have instant accel and drift or did I luck out?

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jan 29, 2017