Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

The Modern Leper posted:

Listening to this week's Sawbone on health insurance. Angry Sydnee McElroy is just as great (maybe better) than exasperated Justin McElroy.

I take it you have listened to all of Losing the Sheen? Twice? Like i have?
http://losingthesheen.libsyn.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
I'm hoping next arc is a Battle for the Bureau of Balance thing where THB leads a resistance (along with the remaining Red Robes, who are extremely powerful liches wizards if memory serves) against Davenport, who has been enthralled by all the Grand Relics, and these were being kept hidden by the Director to fight the Hunger or whatever

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I hope they do Star Trek online as a Monster factory, it has a whole lot of alien bits to choose from and it seems like MMO based games are often the funniest, especially with fan participation.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

El Padrino posted:

(along with the remaining Red Robes, who are extremely powerful liches wizards if memory serves)

They allegedly used to be wizards, and the one that has been in contact with them repeatedly does seem to be a lich. But if Magnus is one of them... he's certainly not a powerful wizard.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

When Griffin introduced the Red Robes, the Director describes them as "powerful group of wizards... Then they vanished"

El Padrino fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 28, 2017

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

thexerox123 posted:

They allegedly used to be wizards, and the one that has been in contact with them repeatedly does seem to be a lich. But if Magnus is one of them... he's certainly not a powerful wizard.

Maybe he used to be a powerful wizard, but has forgotten all of his arcane knowledge. If so, the final battle could have Magnus swinging Railsplitter with one hand and blasting off spells with the other. That would be incredible!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When did Griffin meet Rachel? I'm thirty or fourty episodes into MBMBaM and I'm curious how much of this is going to feature Sad Bachelor Man Griffin.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

YggiDee posted:

When did Griffin meet Rachel? I'm thirty or fourty episodes into MBMBaM and I'm curious how much of this is going to feature Sad Bachelor Man Griffin.

I think before episode 100? I'm in the 180s now and I remember at some point before then Griffin stops whining and mentions watching the Bachelor.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

There's a rosebuddies ep all about it

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

There's a rosebuddies ep all about it

Which episode? I'd be interested to listen to that

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

49: How I Met Your Podcast Host

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

ElNarez posted:

That's assuming Griffin isn't just rolling a die to have the sound of a dice rolling. Would be easier than to prepare three encounters for each situation.

I like to think that he's rolling to see which NPC's going to be going up against them in Trust or Forsake

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, it's probably something like, 1D6:

1 or 2 - Antonio, Trust

3 or 4 - Rowan, Same choice that THB made last round

5 or 6 - Artemis, Forsake

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
There's also the other group in there that forsake first time.

I think they were gnomes or something?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

There's also the other group in there that forsake first time.

I think they were gnomes or something?

just rude halflings, i believe.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I loving loved the rude halflings. They reminded me of the mooninites.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Fellatio del Toro posted:

49: How I Met Your Podcast Host

I just listened to this and it really is the most :allears: thing

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

inthesto posted:

I just listened to this and it really is the most :allears: thing

I like how uncomfortable it made Griffin.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
https://twitter.com/kokosac/status/826032155897716736

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Who is watching Terrace House Aloha State!?

I just found out there's only eight episodes out and I'm dying.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

We started, but the 8 episode thing (for now) made it not as much of a priority as the Boys IN THE HOUSE and Girls in the City.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

I'm two episodes in and I'm rooting for the good ukulele boy to make friends and find a girlfriend. :3:

I only recently finished the last season because I found some of the final cast members so frustrating to watch that I dragged my feet on the last few episodes. Man, absolutely everything to do with Riko and Hayato's non-romance was a drag. It was such a relief when Riko decided not to show up that I actually said "GOOD" out loud. I'm still glad that the McElroy brothers gushed about it till I started watching, and it was all still better than any episode of The Bachelor that I've seen. I always listen to Rose Buddies the day it comes out but I think I actually like RB better for not actively exposing myself to the trash fire that is the show itself.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I have a very big question once ya'll finish ep 8

WHY THE HELL DID YUSUKE STILL GO TO THE RESTAURANT?! Pretty sure he's a goon.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

For the people who aren't aware, Ko Takeuchi is the wonderful character designer behind WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
This is a really wierd ep for reasons I can't pin down.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

I have a very big question once ya'll finish ep 8

WHY THE HELL DID YUSUKE STILL GO TO THE RESTAURANT?! Pretty sure he's a goon.

He's 18, that's my guess. He's gooney af for sure, though. I just wish he hadn't decided to make a move on Lauren, it was clear that's going no where. I think if they were both just a little older it wouldn't have gone down so painfully

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Drunkboxer posted:

He's 18, that's my guess. He's gooney af for sure, though. I just wish he hadn't decided to make a move on Lauren, it was clear that's going no where. I think if they were both just a little older it wouldn't have gone down so painfully

I just felt so bad because he's the sweet soft boy you wanna root for. His failure of a date brought back traumatic flashbacks for many people I'm sure, including myself.

Sorry for all the spoiler blocks folks, don't wanna ruin this show for anyone. Though I gotta say until things pick up on Aloha State, BAGITC is still miles ahead in developments. I blame the... gaijin

The panel is still loving amazing though.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I don't mean this in a negative way, but y'all should probably throw a thread up in TVIV. You'll probably pick up a few converts who aren't down with the softboys.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

rumble in the bunghole posted:

This is a really wierd ep for reasons I can't pin down.

I think they kind of stumbled out of the gate and had trouble recovering. The multiple mentions of how long they'd been recording in the first 15 minutes, a munch squad that just didn't bring the grotesque and Griffin seeming to be dead on his feet kind of stopped any momentum before it began.

They can't all be winners, maybe ep # 680 will bring the heat.

e: I was just clicking through my post history in this thread and man, I don't know where my head was at on this post. That episode hit its stride with the food scientist and stayed primo.

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 9, 2017

Serf
May 5, 2011

Man I thought this week's episode ruled. Justin's food scientist voice and the thing about the crows, along with the blowing a kiss question were just too great.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah it was really good actually. I do agree it was a little strange though.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

It's fun to see the show go totally off the rails from time to time :allears:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DoombatINC posted:

It's fun to see the show go totally off the rails from time to time :allears:

which was the one where they just entirely wound up talking about themselves/making fun of justin's frosted tips?

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

which was the one where they just entirely wound up talking about themselves/making fun of justin's frosted tips?

Episode 259, Birthday Surprise Hole.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I don't really have a strong opinion on the rest of the episode, but holy moly the kiss question and the Gene Wilder question were amazing.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Yeah agreed, and actually I liked the munch squad and the weird meandering at the beginning too. This was a really good mbmbam.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I love Griffin and I know he does a lot of work, but man, I don't remember Justin constantly complaining about baby-induced lack of sleep (maybe he did, but I didn't hear about it in 2-3 different places like Griffin) and I don't remember Travis mentioning it once

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Younger siblings loudly complaining about things the older ones have already gone through is a tale as old as time

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

ALFbrot posted:

I love Griffin and I know he does a lot of work, but man, I don't remember Justin constantly complaining about baby-induced lack of sleep (maybe he did, but I didn't hear about it in 2-3 different places like Griffin) and I don't remember Travis mentioning it once
Travis hasn't mentioned it on TAZ or MBMBaM but he has on others (Interrobang, Shmanners, Trends Like These, probably Bunker Buddies if I still listened to it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

It's Griffin's priviledge of being the sweet baby brother that he can complain about things his older siblings didn't fuss too much about. I remember there was an episode where Justin complained about it too, but he mentioned it as doing Jetlag the worst anyone has ever done it or something