Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Snatch Duster posted:

Uh lmao

Got any research that isn't based on 1700s france and the primary authority being cited isn't a psychological professor? Maybe gynecologist

the POINT is that a lot of the stats we use are from completely ridiculous populations with no real modern application

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
thank god your wife is the doctor

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Snatch Duster drinks his own piss for medicinal reasons

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

thank god your wife is the doctor

I recently been put in charge of EPA.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

[Pets] I [24F] don't like our dog. Husband [25M] says I need to stop focusing so much on it.

We've been married a year together for three. A year ago we rescued a beautiful Boxer dog. She's very sweet, very obedient, and an all around very good dog. I know she's a good dog and I wouldn't ever get rid of her because my husband adores her. I know we got lucky. But I still don't like her.

She stares at me all the time when I'm in the room with her. If I go upstairs for three seconds and turn around to come back down she's in my way. She'll stop to look back at me when we're walking making me run into her. If we're walking toward each other (usually because she followed me after I disappeared from her sight for ten seconds) she'll dart which ever direction is narrowest so I always run into her. I can't handle is being constantly monitored and followed. It has me on edge every time I move. I'm a cat person. The cats follow me sometimes. But it's usually after I've been gone a while or they act like the room I'm in happens to be the room they were interested in.

I suspect her nervousness is increased by how frustrated I get when she's in my way. If I tell at her forcefully several times she'll stay put, but I absolutely hate having to be so commanding all the time when I just want to relax.

My husband is tired of hearing this from me. From his point of view she's a good dog and I'm stressing her out by getting annoyed. He says I'm overreacting and I need to not let it bother me. He's much more of a dog person so he doesn't mind her. But she also doesn't follow him, stare at him, or trip him.

I don't know what to do here. I know she's mostly good but I hate it. And my husband seems to be siding with the dog. Am I way off base? Can I do anything?

Tl:Dr dog follows me everywhere but is otherwise good. Husband says I need to get over it. I'm tired of being monitored by a dog.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

further proof that cat people suck

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tolkien minority posted:

You suck cats own so do dogs it is ok to like all pets.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Snatch Duster posted:

You suck cats own

Tolkien minority posted:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Snatch Duster posted:

I recently been put in charge of EPA.

Oh cool! Can you make it legal for me to dump your posts in the national park near here?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Tiny Deer posted:

Need some advice with husband's breach of trust

tl;dr "Wait, I was the only one who was supposed to have sex outside of our marriage, not you! How dare you betray me, you cheater!"

Lol you think the 3 months she spent browbeating him into being okay with her taking a vacation with her fuckbuddy she could have also spent readying herself for him to do the same. They both boned their sidepieces literally on the same timeline, and the only reason she's spent a month upset about it is because she's a big ol hypocrite. If she had any empathy for her husbands position during their "communication" she would have been prepared for him to find someone too.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

Lol you think the 3 months she spent browbeating him into being okay with her taking a vacation with her fuckbuddy she could have also spent readying herself for him to do the same. They both boned their sidepieces literally on the same timeline, and the only reason she's spent a month upset about it is because she's a big ol hypocrite. If she had any empathy for her husbands position during their "communication" she would have been prepared for him to find someone too.

Yeah, it's not the husband's fault his wife decided to try and open up the relationship and not put out for her side piece for three months, just so she could cheat "guilt free." Dude just did what was on the table, finding a gently caress buddy. He just didn't waste three months pussyfooting around because he got the all-clear from the missus.

Like, she's upset that he skipped the bullshit, touchy-feely stage that she convinced herself would make the whole "me and my husband gently caress other people for fun," thing sound classier, but then again, she was emotionally involved with a dude for three months while her husband got jack-poo poo. Sow the the dickwind, reap the Whirldick.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

My [23M] girlfriend [24F] of four years is mad that I let my friend [23F] brush my teeth.

quote:

My friend posted an instagram video featuring her brushing my teeth, it was captioned "My best guy friend @[Instagram handle], lol he finally let me brush his teeth for him. Were so quirky."

I don't use any of my social media accounts all that often (more of a reddit kind of guy), but my girlfriend does and apparently she got very upset upon seeing the video.

For background my friend wanted to act out some scene she saw in a japanese anime that she likes. I couldn't tell you why, but like she says, she is quirky.
My girlfriend took offense to this, and asked why I was "letting some other girl into my mouth". I told her that I respected her feelings, but had no idea what she was talking about and that there was nothing inherently sexual about brushing your teeth.

She said that I'm a guy (wtf?) and I wouldn't understand, but that what my friend did was an act of dominance over her and that she posted in a public place to establish it. I couldn't believe I was hearing her say such nonsense because she hasn't displayed any paranoia or jealousy in the four years that we've been dating. This was extremely out of character for her.

Should I interpret this as a red flag/ sign of paranoia and jealousy? If so, how do I communicate to her that insecurity is unattractive to me?

tl;dr: Girlfriend is upset because a friend and I were joking around and I let her brush my teeth to live out some fantasy of hers.

PS: Before you ask, yes I brush my teeth, floss, and wash my mouth twice a day so she wasn't doing it to highlight my poor dental hygiene or anything like that.

From the comments:

quote:

OP, the scene she is referencing is a HIGHLY sexual scene of a brother brushing his sister's teeth, becoming sexually attracted to, and beginning to grope her breasts when their mom walks in.
Want to tell us again how this is all innocent and platonic?

:dogbutton: :murder:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Yeah I know of that scene after it made its rounds on tumblr and everyone was freaking out about how incredibly hosed up and weird it is (and it is). If I was the girlfriend ida clawed her eyes out. And that guy is either the dumbest idiot on the face of the planet or trying to play dumb

Anime sucks and is bad

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I watch way too much anime and I have no idea what the hell the post is referring to so its probably true the guy is completely ignorant of the implications.

That said both the guy is dumb for just dismissing his GF being mad and the GF is dumb for not just outright explaining why imitating that scene is fraught with implications.

talk to each other you fuckin morons

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Even outside of the context, who the gently caress brushes someone else's teeth outside of caring for a small child or disabled person? Who even wants to? I don't know that I'd make a dominance argument, but it would definitely be time for a moment of "what the poo poo."

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Anime, not even once

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

A big flaming stink posted:

I watch way too much anime and I have no idea what the hell the post is referring to so its probably true the guy is completely ignorant of the implications.

That said both the guy is dumb for just dismissing his GF being mad and the GF is dumb for not just outright explaining why imitating that scene is fraught with implications.

talk to each other you fuckin morons

I wonder if she even knows outside of "it's from an anime"
Like did he even watch the scene? It's clearly very sexual

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I've see a .gif of the tooth brushing, and while goofy and hilarious, the sexual implications are obvious even without any overt molesty poo poo, which as I am now informed, also takes place.

E: haha poo poo, abandon all hope ye who click That was goofy as poo poo

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 29, 2017

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pick posted:

A serious one but an interesting one, just complicated feelings and an odd situation:

The update: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/4edg6i/updateme_30f_with_my_family_and_friends_im/

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Pick posted:

the POINT is that a lot of the stats we use are from completely ridiculous populations with no real modern application

Cite actual peer reviewed meta analyses from medical journals from the last 10 years. The POINT is your sources are poo poo.

Age of both parents is a risk factor for a lot of issues, genetic and epigenetic.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Me [28 M] with my wife [26 F] of two years -- did I marry the wrong person or is this just general quarter-life crisis stuff?Relationships
submitted 7 hours ago by Shasarazade

quote:

First of all. thanks for reading. I love my wife dearly and she is a kind, sweet, person, so just posting this makes me feel awful. We've been married for about 2 years (dated for 3ish before that), and I'm finding myself becoming disappointed with my marriage. I don't look forward to spending time with my wife much anymore. Part of that is a lack of common interests (I really like to ski and play sports, she will come with me but is not interested in improving and would not do these activities of her own volition). She doesn't really have any hobbies other than watching Bravo and Facebooking. Further, she can't keep up intellectually, so I end up spending a lot of time chatting with my brother and other friends because the convos are more engaging, humorous, and enjoyable.
The above being said, she is a great wife. Very supportive, pleasant to be around, etc. Sex life is pretty good. Unfortunately, I'm starting to see her more as a "sidekick" than a life partner. I'm definitely feeling like I'm more my truest self when I'm around my brother and co-workers than with her. I married her in part because I thought she'd make a great mother (she's phenomenal with kids), but as I get more involved with my career I'm not sure I even want kids anytime soon, if at all. On another positive note, I love my in-laws and my wife loves my parents.
I'm starting to fantasize more and more about being alone again (I'm pretty introverted, so this isn't hard). She could tell something was wrong the other day, and I made the mistake of telling her that I sometimes doubted that we were right for each other. Needless to say, she was absolutely devastated. I agreed to go to counseling with her, and we are seeing the counselor in a couple days.
It's worth noting that I suffer from anxiety (not bad) and have a somewhat depressive personality. I've never been a particularly content person and am always looking forward to the next thing (project, job, etc.). This has served me well in my career, but I'm worried that it's messing up my marriage a little bit.
Long story short, I'm pretty bored in my relationship and I find myself regretting not marrying someone more ambitious and intellectually compatible. What do I do next? What do I tell the counselor?
TLDR -- married a sweet, pleasant life companion but am getting very bored. She knows I'm unhappy and we're seeing a counselor next week. How should I approach the counselor visit and life with my wife thereafter?

For the love of God, people, don't marry people you think are dumb! This woman is going to have her life ruined because you decided to marry someone you thought of as a broodmare rather than an equal.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

Holy poo poo come back to this and lmao

I'd immediately change my name.

Way ahead of you, hea literally never used his dads name. His last name is a hybrid of his mothers maiden name and his unmarried uncles, who supported him and his mom, middle name. His uncle responded on his behalf saying iif his father ever attempted to contact him again the uncle wasnt afraid to go back to prison.

If thats not family i dont know what is.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Pvt.Scott posted:

I've see a .gif of the tooth brushing, and while goofy and hilarious, the sexual implications are obvious even without any overt molesty poo poo, which as I am now informed, also takes place.

:allbuttons:

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

i can sympathize because my sister has some dumb loving boxer that does the same poo poo and slobbers all over. gently caress off dog, poo poo.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Pick posted:

you're on a fuckin roll in this thread, you know that?

Thank you friend :)

Pick posted:

if anyone said "wibble" to me in bed i'd immediately put my pants on and check their ID

Tangential to this can anyone explain to me why british and australian colloquial english have to use so many babytalk sounding words, it's v creepy tbh

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

reagan posted:

i can sympathize because my sister has some dumb loving boxer that does the same poo poo and slobbers all over. gently caress off dog, poo poo.

you shut your goddam republican mouth, reagan. dogs just want to love you and hang out with you and if you resent that than you are literal trash and bad.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Waterbed Wendy posted:

you shut your goddam republican mouth, reagan. dogs just want to love you and hang out with you and if you resent that than you are literal trash and bad.

If you dont like dogs that love you, you deserve no less than immediate, agonizing death.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

quote:

I (22F) keep cockblocking myself in wet dreams, in a monogamous relationship of 1 year

Hey so this is less looking for advice and more if anyone else experienced something like this.

So I'm generally not the biggest fan of 100% monogamous relationship (ideally I like to have a hall pass or threesome once or twice a year). About a year ago I got into a serious relationship with my current BF. Straight out the gate I told him I prefer open relationship, and after thinking it over he told me he wouldn't be comfortable with it. I realized that he really is that special and being with him is worth more than a sprinkle of one night stands here and there.

Now here's the issue whenever I have a wet dream, my dream self ends up stoping anything from happening. It's been happening a few months now. In my dream I'll be doing some crazy dream adventure with a hot dream stranger, things are about to get steamy and then I say "oh I have a boyfriend". When I woke up I told this to my bf and he ended up laughing. I don't feel guilty about being attracted to someone beside my bf, so I don't think it's guilt fueled reaction. I just think it's strange it keeps happening. So people of Reddit does this happen to you, any advice of conquering your dreams nightmares on elm street style, thought, opinions?

TL:DR am in a monogamous relationship of 1 yr. When ever I have a wet dream my dream self says "oh I can't I have a boyfriend"

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Pvt.Scott posted:

Erotic incestual toothbrushing. Now that's :nyoron:!

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Dreams are windows to the soul, lady.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You know, I dont personally believe dreams mean a goddamn thing but ill make an exception here to say maybe its telling you something.

You are not being cockblocked unless you left out some key details in your story.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I thought most sex dreams ended before you actually end up having sex, or is this just me projecting again?

Much like how falling dreams end before you hit the ground.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Anime was a mistake.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Pvt.Scott posted:

lmao the girlfriend doesn't just enjoy that poo poo, she is deeply, personally offended that he made fun of it. Run very far away, then bleach your soul.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Tangential to this can anyone explain to me why british and australian colloquial english have to use so many babytalk sounding words, it's v creepy tbh

Not much to say really, we just think it's funny. Perhaps you should stop taking poo poo so seriously?

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I'm still 11 pages behind in the thread, but I just want to point out that on p500, Pick and Moridon resolved a flame war with content and jokes, instead of, say, calling each other "daddy" or engaging in mutual rape.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pvt.Scott posted:

Oh cool! Can you make it legal for me to dump your posts in the national park near here?

Idk why you would throw away gold. It's $1300 per ounce atm.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Antivehicular posted:

Me [28 M] with my wife [26 F] of two years -- did I marry the wrong person or is this just general quarter-life crisis stuff?Relationships
submitted 7 hours ago by Shasarazade

For the love of God, people, don't marry people you think are dumb! This woman is going to have her life ruined because you decided to marry someone you thought of as a broodmare rather than an equal.
I don't think "they would make a good parent" really is quite the same as calling someone a broodmare.

e: also isn't 2ish years a p common stumbling point in marriages

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

I don't think "they would make a good parent" really is quite the same as calling someone a broodmare.

He outright says that his wife has less value in his eyes now that he doesn't think he wants children.

EDIT: To clarify -- I think it's totally reasonable and necessary to consider whether or not a person would be a good parent/co-parent in marriage decisions, assuming you want kids, or more broadly, if you and your potential spouse are on the same page about kid issues. That said, this dude doesn't seem to actually value his wife as an individual beyond her being a caretaker/potential parent, and that's pretty gross.

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jan 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Antivehicular posted:

He outright says that his wife has less value in his eyes now that he doesn't think he wants children.

No he says that one of the reasons he married her is he thought she'd make a great mom but now among other p standard "drifting apart" stuff the idea that he might not even want kids is making it hard for him to see a future together.