Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Mile'ionaha posted:

Well... someone did the numbers, and it takes thousands of megacrysts to get one Exceed ring. But there are other rings (Monarch and one other) that are improvements on the Hereo's Ring.

I've been tempted to spend the next 6months using all my energy running explorations to *maybe* get an Exceed ring, but right now NOBODY in the JP version has one.

Ah yeah, I'm not looking to make an exceed ring, but the other three (Ruler, Monarch, Dominate) rings still need 60 Megacrysts each to make including the original Hero ring, so 80 Megacrysts total. I figure now is a good time to start saving up Crysts for those, but didn't know if there was a faster way to get them on JP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Been playing around with a bumming account for bout a week and half, then I get bored and started rerolling and got Yun. Later decided to throw in another ticket in hopes or something with a decent TMR.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

aherdofpenguins posted:

Ah yeah, I'm not looking to make an exceed ring, but the other three (Ruler, Monarch, Dominate) rings still need 60 Megacrysts each to make including the original Hero ring, so 80 Megacrysts total. I figure now is a good time to start saving up Crysts for those, but didn't know if there was a faster way to get them on JP.

drat that's a hefty amount of megas. Is that split like 30 dark and 30 light, or is it 60 of one kind? Also anyone know which ones are used? If one ring focuses on Atk that's the one I'll be shooting for first

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Use 5 Limits Bursts
No Limit Bursts

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
For anyone who plays the Japanese version, how many Agriasii am I gonna end up using once she gets 6*?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got a snow on half price today, now that i have two of snow i am most of the way toward Ultimate Badass Firion

enahs
Jan 1, 2010

Grow up.
What's the max dodge you can get on a character? I just faced a lightning in arena that dodged every single attack from my Luneth, Greg, and Chiz for 5 turns in a row until she whittled them down.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Mile'ionaha posted:

Well... someone did the numbers, and it takes thousands of megacrysts to get one Exceed ring. But there are other rings (Monarch and one other) that are improvements on the Hereo's Ring.

I've been tempted to spend the next 6months using all my energy running explorations to *maybe* get an Exceed ring, but right now NOBODY in the JP version has one.

So what's up with this bullshit? I still don't have any hero rings and didn't know there were more on the way.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you want to see a bunch of autism about the exceed ring, right this way:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5qnabh/reminder_if_youre_new_then_farm_nian_beast_int_to/

Look, just pretend it doesn't exist, your wallet will thank you for it.

quote:

for folks who doesn't have a clue about this: In the future there will be new trophy completion rewards. Continuing the 30 total, there will be rewards for 40, 50, 60 and 70 trophies. They're direct upgrade to your Hero's Ring and need several different colored megacrysts to craft.

1. Monarch Ring (40 trophies reward)

+5 DEF&SPR, +10% ATK,DEF,MAG&SPR
Earth Megacryst (20)
Wind Megacryst (20)
Light Megacryst (10)
Dark Megacryst (10)
Hero's Ring (1)
Have very small chance (1% ?) of dropping "Hope Diamond" material upon forging

2. Domination Ring (50 trophies reward)

+5 DEF&SPR, +10% ATK, MAG, HP & MP
Lightning Megacryst (20)
Water Megacryst (20)
Light Megacryst (10)
Dark Megacryst (10)
Hero's Ring (1)
Have very small chance (1% ?) of dropping "Flame Blood" material upon forging

3. Ruler Ring (60 trophies reward)

+5 DEF/SPR ,+15% ATK&MAG, +5% HP&MP
Light Megacryst (20)
Dark Megacryst (20)
Fire Megacryst (10)
Ice Megacryst (10)
Hero's Ring (1)
Have very small chance (1% ?) of dropping "Star of Corutz" material upon forging

4. Exceed Ring (70 trophies reward)

+7 DEF&SPR, +50% ATK,DEF,MAG,SPR, +30% HP&MP
Flame Blood (3)
Hope Diamond (3)
Star of Corutz (3)
Hero's Ring (3)

You can farm those megacrysts in Nian Beast easily with the best megacryst per energy rate if you want to prepare for Monarch, Rule or Domination Ring. They're nice to have, but you can pretty much forget about Exceed Ring.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jan 29, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

"Oh yeah, how bad could it be" Then I laughed until it hurt. That's some primo bullshit. They don't even let you just buy that poo poo and be a true whale? Yeah gently caress that. What's so great about those rings, ruler ring excepted, though. Don't the hero rings already do the 10% attack and magic?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

• No white magic
• Party of 5
• Kill with magic

Let's do this :getin:

(Thanks for the assist, Tenlade.)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nuebot posted:

"Oh yeah, how bad could it be" Then I laughed until it hurt. That's some primo bullshit. They don't even let you just buy that poo poo and be a true whale? Yeah gently caress that. What's so great about those rings, ruler ring excepted, though. Don't the hero rings already do the 10% attack and magic?

In Japan, they don't allow macroing, so it lets them get some good accessories without manually running Earth Shrine over and over for TM gear. But TM gear is definitely better.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

In Japan, they don't allow macroing, so it lets them get some good accessories without manually running Earth Shrine over and over for TM gear. But TM gear is definitely better.

Maybe we'll go the same way around that time. There's no way we won't get a huge heads up if they do. They're not dumb enough to just ban like 70% of the userbase in one fell swoop. But hey, half my current TM team is 80% now so I'm almost done my first wave of poo poo. Then it's on to zidanes and other cool TMs. I have no clue what I should prioritize other than zidane.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ive returned to just macroing all day and night as i really dont enjoy exploration style events or even running exploration maps at all. chiz is at 69% on blade mastery :c00l:

also i only have three hero rings because of a combination of hating explorations and explorations hating to give me ice megacrysts

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nuebot posted:

Maybe we'll go the same way around that time. There's no way we won't get a huge heads up if they do. They're not dumb enough to just ban like 70% of the userbase in one fell swoop. But hey, half my current TM team is 80% now so I'm almost done my first wave of poo poo. Then it's on to zidanes and other cool TMs. I have no clue what I should prioritize other than zidane.

Right now DPS units are better than mages. Maximize all your best DPS with whatever +ATK TM gear you have. Of course Zidane's dual wield is always a priority as it gives you the most ATK bang for your buck. After that, it's usually blade mastery from Chizuru paired with Sakurafubuki from Miyuki. Then Cecil and excal. If you are maxing a Cloud of Darkness, you'll want dual wield, and two rising sun's from Locke.

Feel free to post who your A team is and we can make recommendations.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
A nice middle ground on the whole issue about tmrs being nearly impossible to get without macros is that Gumi should make much more use out of the 1* moogs that give 1% that apparently exist, just give them out like candy. It feels good to feel like you're constantly making progress.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

Right now DPS units are better than mages. Maximize all your best DPS with whatever +ATK TM gear you have. Of course Zidane's dual wield is always a priority as it gives you the most ATK bang for your buck. After that, it's usually blade mastery from Chizuru paired with Sakurafubuki from Miyuki. Then Cecil and excal. If you are maxing a Cloud of Darkness, you'll want dual wield, and two rising sun's from Locke.

Feel free to post who your A team is and we can make recommendations.

I have no clue who I should have in my A team anymore. Dark Cecil kind of blows. I wouldn't mind getting Ramza in there but I don't know if he's any good, or how to make him good. I have multiple Chizaru and Miyuki though so I'll toss some of those in as well, I've got one excal almost done and like four more cecils just sitting around.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

A nice middle ground on the whole issue about tmrs being nearly impossible to get without macros is that Gumi should make much more use out of the 1* moogs that give 1% that apparently exist, just give them out like candy. It feels good to feel like you're constantly making progress.
They should just make a moogle version of the cactuar desert that very rarely drops 5% ones but mostly drops 1%

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jan 29, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nuebot posted:

I have no clue who I should have in my A team anymore. Dark Cecil kind of blows. I wouldn't mind getting Ramza in there but I don't know if he's any good, or how to make him good. I have multiple Chizaru and Miyuki though so I'll toss some of those in as well, I've got one excal almost done and like four more cecils just sitting around.

They should just make a moogle version of the cacatuar desert that very rarely drops 5% ones but mostly drops 1%

This is your bible:
https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

Don't worry about the top five rankings, as most of those are starting to be completely filled by 5* base only. Scroll down and read the reviews of the 6* capable units and see if you have any. The reviews should tell you what they excel at, it can help you build an A team.

A typical A team is: DPS, DPS, MAGE, TANK, HEALER. Swap out the mage for a support unit (full breaker) or a third DPS depending on the fight.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jan 29, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

This is your bible:
https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

Don't worry about the top five rankings, as most of those are starting to be completely filled by 5* base only. Scroll down and read the reviews of the 6* capable units and see if you have any. The reviews should tell you what they excel at, it can help you build an A team.

I have a bunch of those. I mostly just have trouble figuring out where to put a support unit in rather than just shoving in another DPS. Right now CoD is my support because in most battles she can cast that elemental thing and armor/attack break or cast protega if my friend unit isn't a noctis that does that already. I have Ramza, paladin Cecil and Tilith though as well as Ling so hosed if I know what kind of team to build or which support unit to shove in.

EDIT: My team is typically Dark Cecil/Cecil/Luka/CoD/Exdeath with my TM farm team about to drop a bunch of MAG+30% and some omnirods for exdeath.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
They should add in the chance to pull any non-5* base unit with free summons at the same rate you can pull a rainbow with lapis/tickets now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I've seen a lot of whale teams in the arena, but drat.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
haha you better have won

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Wow. Yeah, as far as I'm concerned the exceed ring does not exist. Its probably better to look at it that way

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Rigel posted:

Wow. Yeah, as far as I'm concerned the exceed ring does not exist. Its probably better to look at it that way

Considering Gumi's terrible history with coding mistakes, it may actually not exist in the game, or at least be unobtainable.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Rigel posted:

Yeah, seriously. I don't know why everyone is so hung up on the Exceed Ring every time ring upgrades are mentioned. The normal ring upgrades are pretty dang good, and focusing on the one that is hilariously out of reach is just silly.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Go RV! posted:

Yeah, seriously. I don't know why everyone is so hung up on the Exceed Ring every time ring upgrades are mentioned. The normal ring upgrades are pretty dang good, and focusing on the one that is hilariously out of reach is just silly.

same reason everyone gets hung up on orlandu, its the best.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Tengames posted:

same reason everyone gets hung up on orlandu, its the best.

Except he's already been dethroned.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
A few folks on reddit said someone in JP crafted an Exceed Ring. I've seen no proof so who knows. They did remove all the crafting times in JP and refunded lapis for slots purchased which is nice.

This game makes me want to learn how to read Japanese just to be able to play the JP client.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

dangerous.hotdog posted:

This game makes me want to learn how to read Japanese just to be able to play the JP client.

There is nothing that would make me want to learn Japanese. It is considered by the CIA to literally be the most difficult language in the world for English speakers to learn, far more difficult than the 2nd-most difficult language, and it is useful in only one island nation.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Rigel posted:

There is nothing that would make me want to learn Japanese. It is considered by the CIA to literally be the most difficult language in the world for English speakers to learn, far more difficult than the 2nd-most difficult language, and it is useful in only one island nation.

The foreigner consensus on the matter here in Taiwan is usually that Japanese is easier to pronounce, while the grammar and reading are easier in Chinese. Both of them are hand cripplingly hard to learn to write, so thank god for smart phones now. The upside of Chinese pronunciation is that it's easier to sound like a native speaker because it's spoken in so many different regional accents that there's not a 'native' way of speaking(unless you want to sound like a main-lander which is almost the equivalent of sounding like a redneck in the U.S.), but that still doesn't really help you when you run into the taxi driver who pronounces F like H.

I'm not sure I could give up TM macroing, even for all the sweet deals that Japan gets. These TMs have kept me afloat in the game a lot longer than the garbage I'd probably have pulled with the extra loots would have.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Infected posted:

Except he's already been dethroned.

By who?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I think Onion Knight is now #1 cheater mode in Japan.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Onion Knight was already deposed by Eileen, I believe

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Go RV! posted:

Onion Knight was already deposed by Eileen, I believe

They are both rated at 99/100. Just like the two FFBE characters that were added recently, Lorraine and Ayaka.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I have the hardest time in deciding my next move after getting some place in this game.

I feel like I don't have enough characters maxed out or to their potential. Then I don't know whether I should focus on mages for coliseum or get my other Exdeaths up or work on Leo or other story characters just so I can get 10 lapis in random story battles...or get Xiou or Firion maxed...decisions decisions

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
tm grind all day ere day

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

My luck makes it a 1% chance of .1%. I did a number of runs yesterday for shits and giggles and got 0 %

Yea I just got loving trounced by the beast on Pro trying to get the beast gloves

Lenna blows, I've got to get another healer. She's been the first to go down every time and it cocks everything up from there. (Yes I'm guarding after every 4th turn and tossing dispel).

hagie fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 30, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Benthalus posted:

Considering Gumi's terrible history with coding mistakes, it may actually not exist in the game, or at least be unobtainable.

It's like the Sky Orb in the first two years of Brave Frontier: Bait for apk injectors. Granted, once people got to that point legitimately, then they had to look for plurals, but as it stands it's a remarkably solid lure for idiots with more hacking skill than common sense.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

hagie posted:

My luck makes it a 1% chance of .1%. I did a number of runs yesterday for shits and giggles and got 0 %

Yea I just got loving trounced by the beast on Pro trying to get the beast gloves

Lenna blows, I've got to get another healer. She's been the first to go down every time and it cocks everything up from there. (Yes I'm guarding after every 4th turn and tossing dispel).

Lenna is great. She's like the 2nd or 3rd best healer in the game. I'm pretty sure the only better healers are Luka and Refia. Give her some muscle belts or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

So found out part of it was Siren equipped...dur

• Locked thread