Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

When I just now tried to access CCCC it said my account doesn't have permission to view that area despite just making posts this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Eimi posted:

When I just now tried to access CCCC it said my account doesn't have permission to view that area despite just making posts this morning.

That thread is temporarily hidden for internet drama reasons.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

fishmech posted:

That thread is temporarily hidden for internet drama reasons.

Ah, thanks friend.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

How would people in here feel about Awful app sending your Awful.apk setting-preferences to a website (I don't know, think Google Forms) to be compiled statistically, fully anonymous of course.

This would let us take a look at what features are actually used and which are superfluous / rarely used and don't warrant developer time.

There would be a "Yes, send my poo poo"-button opt-in kinda thing, but I'd like to know if people are totally against it before implementing it.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I don't see why not, plenty of other stuff does the same thing. :shrug: Especially if it's opt-in.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I think it would need to be opt-out to be useful, but I think it would be good (obviously)

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
There's always the option of working on what you want and ignoring what you don't care about. No need to collect analytics!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I was thinking about it as a one-time thing which would display as a popup like the changelog, with two buttons "send" and "yeah no", and a small text detailing how it would be a good idea to press the first button.

If it was a continuous, automatic thing it would need to be opt-in, yeah.

^^^^^^^^^ This whole thread will be filled with people complaining about frogs soon, I don't need the people whose pet features I've axed as well if I can tell them that, yes, you are the only one using this :v:

Sereri fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 29, 2017

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Sereri posted:

I was thinking about it as a one-time thing which would display as a popup like the changelog, with two buttons "send" and "yeah no", and a small text detailing how it would be a good idea to press the first button.

If it was a continuous, automatic thing it would need to be opt-in, yeah.

My only concern would be whether it's inclusive or a snapshot, so I'd favor the opt-out continuous collection. I'll switch to POS themes for night or dark room use (OLED is good, but doesn't darken Twitter embeds like POS themes and its white text looks comparably a bit harsher).

The norm use is probably 85% locked-in settings with a couple of daily switches. It's great that volume scrolling is an option, for instance, but I can't imagine who's using that except for weird hackjob stuff like nook sideloads or optical/touchless displays.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Do it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I'd be OK with it and suggest opt-out for continuous collection if you do that.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
Absolutely, no question. Opt-in, of course, and say maybe a weekly reminder with an option to continue or shitcan it. (No nag reminders if you opted out, natch.)

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Sereri posted:

This whole thread will be filled with people complaining about frogs soon

:ohdear: Are we losing the frog?

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

Nth Doctor posted:

:ohdear: Are we losing the frog?

oh no, I'm still mourning the loss of pull to refresh frog

but seriously collect whatever you need to make this app better.

immolationsex
Sep 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I ENJOY RUINING STEAK LIKE A GODDAMN BARBARIAN
I can't log in. Tried entering my credentials, am pretty sure I managed to get them right at least once there, but no joy: 'login failed!' every time. I didn't find a FAQ anywhere, otherwise I wouldn't be asking.

Am on a Samsung galaxy s7 if that's relevant.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

immolationsex posted:

I can't log in. Tried entering my credentials, am pretty sure I managed to get them right at least once there, but no joy: 'login failed!' every time. I didn't find a FAQ anywhere, otherwise I wouldn't be asking.

Am on a Samsung galaxy s7 if that's relevant.

Have you tried logging in on your phone's browser? You might be getting hit with a cloudflare captcha

immolationsex
Sep 16, 2002

Daztek posted:

Have you tried logging in on your phone's browser? You might be getting hit with a cloudflare captcha
nope, I just logged out and back in again on my phone browser, (and I typed out the password to make sure I remember it correctly), no captcha, no problem. Thanks for trying to help though, I appreciate it. Any other ideas?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

There have been problems in the past with certain punctuation and moonspeak characters in passwords. Change your password to only include a-z A-Z 0-9, try to login, then change the password back. If it works please let me know what kind of symbols caused the problem.

immolationsex
Sep 16, 2002
I experimented a bit and it seems the offending character was ö. However a . (full stop) was fine.

Thanks for the help! App looks nice.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

https://imgur.com/gtrVymi.png

Whenever I open the app. Something and the browser work fine. Naturally, I cannot log in.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Have you tried what I described above?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Sereri posted:

Have you tried what I described above?

My password is all alphanumeric.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Is there a feature to move the thread navigation buttons from the bottom of the screen to the top? If so, where is it, and if not, could there be?

I would be fine with an opt-out settings poll, I'm not sure what fun you could have with my device settings outside of being married to a theme from like 4 years ago.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I'm fine with opt-out!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

ArcMage posted:

Is there a feature to move the thread navigation buttons from the bottom of the screen to the top? If so, where is it, and if not, could there be?

There isn't... it's definitely possible but it depends how much of a headache it is!

Also you made a custom theme, right? Have you ever played around with the custom layouts option? Is anyone using that?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
This is a very small thing to point out, as I'm otherwise extremely pleased with the app, but mobile.twitter URLs don't resolve into the tweet previews and just stay as links.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Nah that's the good stuff, the things that are (hopefully) easy to fix

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

baka kaba posted:

Also you made a custom theme, right? Have you ever played around with the custom layouts option? Is anyone using that?

I don't think anyone is using it. In fact, it's what made me think of the feature polling in the first place.

I'm pretty sure you can rip that out without anyone even noticing.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

baka kaba posted:

There isn't... it's definitely possible but it depends how much of a headache it is!

I Chinese Room'd that theme together and don't actually know how to CSS at all. :confuoot:
I could probably do it again, I guess, unless Sereri carves it out completely.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I'm planning to remove custom layouts, not themes. You can actually put a .mustache file into the Awful folder and chose it in the theme settings. This will change the actual structure of a post. You could, for example, put the user stuff at the bottom of the post without resorting to CSS black-magic.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Yeah you could completely change the look of the thread view, I'm guessing (haven't really looked at it) but I'm wondering if anyone's even using it. I mean if it's not documented anywhere, I'm guessing nope!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I had no idea you could do that or I probably would've tried messing with it a long time ago

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
I can't post new threads. I can reply to them just fine, but there doesn't seem to be a button to make a new one.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

You're not even meant to be able to reply to them. Someone broke something!!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Thread creation is rate limited to 5 per hour because the app creators are cheap bastards and didn't buy a premium forum api key from Lowtax. Just try again later.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

I haven't made a thread in like two months, though.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I can post new threads! Tell me what you want posted and I'll make it happen.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

JackBadass posted:

I haven't made a thread in like two months, though.

It's five per hour across all Awful.app users. There are a couple of mods using it and all their stuff ends up in the mod forum so you'll never see them but because of radium all their posts get priority when the tables refresh so regular users never make it into the database.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Oooooh. Dumb.