Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Lurdiak posted:

I am extremely mad about this Mosque shooting.

It's been an insanely terrible week and half. But at least a plurality of people seem to grasp that it's been horrible. God I'm sick of this poo poo already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Slugworth posted:

I miss Sundowner

Why are you associating me with him?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

what happend to blockbuxter video

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Baron von Eevl posted:

My wife is having a baby in 5 days so close to nonexistent.

You can expect sex again in roughly INFINITY years. Don't worry.

e: also congratulations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

banned from Starbucks posted:

what happend to blockbuxter video

it got promoted to being a full, separate forum in spite of being less active than the loving dorkroom

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

It's been an insanely terrible week and half. But at least a plurality of people seem to grasp that it's been horrible. God I'm sick of this poo poo already.

I can always tell myself that when these horrible things happen in the US, or in France, that it's "over there, where all the racists are", even though intellectually I know my province has its own issues with racism. But Trump's bullshit is emboldening every piece of poo poo all around the world.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

it got promoted to being a full, separate forum in spite of being less active than the loving dorkroom
Turns out that 99% of SA doesn't give two fucks about what smg says about anything

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Lurdiak posted:

Look guys I know you were having fun at first but trust me, MisterBibs is a stubborn individual and you will not convince him he's wrong on this one. I suggest giving up before everyone gets real aggravated.

Thanks, Mr Pot. And now here's the weather

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
It's pretty funny that SMG got his very own No Homers club.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

And in spite of PHIZ already existinf

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I still don't really understand the point of blockbuster video. Are we all really too snobby and analytical here? :shrug:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

I have an irrational hatred of people calling records "vinyls" and I can't stand when people who don't even own turntables buy records.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

CPL593H posted:

I have an irrational hatred of people calling records "vinyls" and I can't stand when people who don't even own turntables buy records.

Calling a record a vinyl is exceedingly common and accepted (although some purists will be annoyed at pluralizing "vinyl"). And buying records is more about the aesthetic of the product than the actual playback, at least for most people. Large artwork, big foldout sleeves, etc. I'd say you're right on the mark with "irrational".

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I've always been a huge fan of William Petersen saying "Right there, rear end in a top hat!" in To Live and Die in LA as he draws his gun on a guy. I'm rewatching The Rock and now I'm a big fan of Nicolas Cage timidly saying "Freeze, mister!" as he pulls his gun. I feel like people can wring a lot of characterization out of what people say to the dudes they're drawing down on.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Holy poo poo. Great post.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Lurdiak posted:

I can always tell myself that when these horrible things happen in the US, or in France, that it's "over there, where all the racists are", even though intellectually I know my province has its own issues with racism. But Trump's bullshit is emboldening every piece of poo poo all around the world.

It's in America, France, Canada, rural areas, urban areas, woke af universities, it's everywhere. All we can do is keep trying to fight it.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Budgie Jumping posted:

Why are you associating me with him?
I was associating MrBibs with Sundowner?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I thought his admiration of everything YEEZY was endearing.

Just recorded the first episode of the podcast. I have some doubts about how it went. I don't think we prepared enough cause we pretty much just winged the whole thing. Hopefully tho, in editing it I'll be able to see what works and what doesn't and the next episode will be a lot better.

Put me on an episode. Have a good USB Mic collecting dust.

Also, those poor people in that Mosque.

For people saying Canada is better look up O'Leary or Leitch, Neo-Nazi posters being put up in Toronto Suburbs, a lot more Nazi activity online come from Canada.

What next week we are going to find out Trumps Supreme Court Nomination? It never ends.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I've always wanted to pick up the first four VU albums on vinyl and have them grouped together in a nice matte frame.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Death By The Blues posted:

For people saying Canada is better look up O'Leary or Leitch, Neo-Nazi posters being put up in Toronto Suburbs, a lot more Nazi activity online come from Canada.

Did you see Leitch's bullshit Tweet where she's all "how could I ever judge another democratically elected leader?" What a piece of garbage.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Spatulater bro! posted:

I still don't really understand the point of blockbuster video. Are we all really too snobby and analytical here? :shrug:

I think attributing it's creation purely to some broader perception of CD ignores that chill post subforums have been popping up for a while now. Imp Zone wasn't created because Games is too uptight, but rather that people just enjoy that style of posting. Same with Take a Hike!. Looking at it as some sort of attack is missing the point.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

LesterGroans posted:

Did you see Leitch's bullshit Tweet where she's all "how could I ever judge another democratically elected leader?" What a piece of garbage.

She is poo poo. But nowhere do I want hear Canadians say they are better then that. We can become as complacent and there are tons of people here susceptible to Neo Nazi rhetoric.

E: This poo poo really pisses me off Childhood friend (3 days apart) moved from Toronto to Milwaukee when he was 7, still there. He knows Iranian citizens who are dying in the states and none of their relatives can't visit them. Family who cannot visit, friends who are on visas who now can't go home.

poo poo even my parents may get hassled at the border cause their passport says Iran. My grandmother is Iranian in Australia supposed to come here in the summer potentially (now most of the connecting flight options are off limits). All of this is garbage.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

She is poo poo. But nowhere do I want hear Canadians say they are better then that. We can become as complacent and there are tons of people here susceptible to Neo Nazi rhetoric.

Yeah, hearing how nice and polite and kind Canada is from Canadians is a big pet peeve of mine.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
So nice to me when I was called Sand friend of the family or repeatedly made fun of because of my name.

More Trudeau drags his feet on poo poo and accomplishes nothing he promised, more we are going to wind up with either one of those rear end hats. gently caress I wish Layton was alive, he would have been PM and taken none of this.

E: On another note just watched Suspiria and man that film looks good. Argento bender all this week for prep.

Death By The Blues fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jan 30, 2017

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

So nice to me when I was called Sand friend of the family or repeatedly made fun of because of my name.

More Trudeau drags his feet on poo poo and accomplishes nothing he promised, more we are going to wind up with either one of those rear end hats. gently caress I wish Layton was alive, he would have been PM and taken none of this.

I was so bummed when Layton died. Not just because he was a dope dude, but I knew all the momentum the NDP built up nationally would dissipate. I guess props to the Liberals for funneling that energy towards Trudeau and I had a lot of friends who were all-in with him but I just couldn't vote for him.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

CelticPredator posted:

Also I managed to snag the last mondo vinyl of Fire Walk With Me, despite it being a huge wast of money because I don't or know anyone with a record player.

That being said it's neat as hell and I don't mind because the soundtrack is incredible.

if you don't know anyone with a record player that means it's time to become "the guy with the record player". I'm that guy, it's p cool. you get a bit of a smug sense of superiority and also a bunch of dope records.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
yeah our democratically elected leader who lost by several million votes to an overstuffed scarecrow

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

This, CPL's shorts, and "congratulations, America!" are all going to show up in the slideshow they play when we finally graduate from CineD.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Not going to lie, I found Canada to be startlingly racist and Canadians are just as rude as everyone else. I'd see people ranting openly on the street about immigrants and hear poo poo like that constantly. It's not like I had never heard similar sentiments in the States, but never so brazen. And, dear god, never talk to a typical Canadian about their Native population. It's an awful, awful idea.

For context, this was 2011-2012. Obviously, now, the racists have come out of the woodwork in the US. Glass houses, I guess.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jan 30, 2017

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Where in Canada were you?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

LesterGroans posted:

I feel like people can wring a lot of characterization out of what people say to the dudes they're drawing down on.

We're agreed, Justified is good

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Hat Thoughts posted:

We're agreed, Justified is good

Heck yes.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Yeah, a lot of Canadians are racist af. My father-in-law likes to start spouting Breitbart-esque word clumps about black crime and Indian chiefs "hoarding money", at which point I gently excuse myself to go sit on the toilet and play electronic Yahtzee. My husband has even seen people flying confederate flags, in Canada, which is not America.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Where in Canada were you?
Alberta. This is when most Canadians write it off as just Alberta being Alberta, but I spent most of my time in Calgary, a city of ~1.2 million people with a large international population. I wasn't expecting it there. In small towns, maybe, but not in a major city. I mean, I saw loving Confederate flags up there. One of them even had replaced the stars with maple leaves. I know I've mentioned that a few times in these chat threads, but it still amazes me that someone thought it was a good idea to plaster that over their truck's entire rear window.

I grew up in a city not that different from Calgary; Houston. Houston's about five times the size though and there truly are people from all over the world thanks to the oil industry presence. Same diversifying influence as Calgary, just on a larger scale. I grew up in what may be one of the most diverse counties in the US. I've always been exposed to people different from myself and I've gone on to work internationally and travel a bunch, including parts of the Middle East and Southeast Asia. I don't really know where I'm going with this, but hate just isn't in my mindset.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Calgary is not exempt from Alberta sucking.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

That's what it says on the package

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I can't decide if having a tweet get a bunch of likes and retweets is cool, or if my phone's constant buzzing is gonna drive me mad. I've gotten two with over a hundred likes in the last couple weeks and i really like watching the number go up.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
We had flyers explicitly hating on Sikhs here in Edmonton. Sikhs. That's some kind of hipster racism.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Alberta is a loving hole of hatred, greed and ignorance. If I could put out a hit on a province I would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-xr_pB44A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Calgary is not exempt from Alberta sucking.
That's not quite what I meant, but you are correct. I spent most of my weekends in the mountains as a result. :v: I was trying to say that the prejudice I heard and encountered up there was by no means limited to small towns and, in fact, a major city with tons of international citizens was rife with it. Given my own background, I don't know, I wasn't expecting it. Especially not with the usual polite reputation of Canada. I was fresh out of college and moved up there basically sight unseen to work on applying an environmental technology to the oil sands. It was an attempt at making them much cleaner to produce, but poor management kind of killed the project.

• Locked thread