Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

should people be familiar with those names or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

consumed by normies posted:

im starting to not like this richard spencer guy

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Business Gorillas posted:

you know one thing that i absolutely loving love about trump is all of these fat mouthbreathers coming out of the woodwork to finally have their rahowa and they're immediately beaten into submission and become terrified to leave their basements

same. Its loving beautiful. these poo poo talking blowhards getting knocked out cold

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Questioner: Hello, my name is Deborah Lubov. I’m a Vatican correspondent for Zenit news agency, for their English edition. I have some experience working in New York — I was working for PricewaterhouseCoopers auditing investment banks, one of which was Goldman Sachs. And considering this conference is on poverty, I’m curious — from your point of view especially, your experience in the investment banking world — what concrete measures do you think they should be doing to combat, prevent this phenomenon? We know that various sums of money are used in all sorts of ways and they do have different initiatives, but in order to concretely counter this epidemic now, what are your thoughts?

Bannon: That’s a great question. The 2008 crisis, I think the financial crisis — which, by the way, I don’t think we’ve come through — is really driven I believe by the greed, much of it driven by the greed of the investment banks. My old firm, Goldman Sachs — traditionally the best banks are leveraged 8:1. When we had the financial crisis in 2008, the investment banks were leveraged 35:1. Those rules had specifically been changed by a guy named Hank Paulson. He was secretary of Treasury. As chairman of Goldman Sachs, he had gone to Washington years before and asked for those changes. That made the banks not really investment banks, but made them hedge funds — and highly susceptible to changes in liquidity. And so the crisis of 2008 was, quite frankly, really never recovered from in the United States. It’s one of the reasons last quarter you saw 2.9% negative growth in a quarter. So the United States economy is in very, very tough shape.

And one of the reasons is that we’ve never really gone and dug down and sorted through the problems of 2008. Particularly the fact — think about it — not one criminal charge has ever been brought to any bank executive associated with 2008 crisis. And in fact, it gets worse. No bonuses and none of their equity was taken. So part of the prime drivers of the wealth that they took in the 15 years leading up to the crisis was not hit at all, and I think that’s one of the fuels of this populist revolt that we’re seeing as the tea party. So I think there are many, many measures, particularly about getting the banks on better footing, making them address all the liquid assets they have. I think you need a real clean-up of the banks balance sheets.

In addition, I think you really need to go back and make banks do what they do: Commercial banks lend money, and investment banks invest in entrepreneurs and to get away from this trading — you know, the hedge fund securitization, which they’ve all become basically trading operations and securitizations and not put capital back and really grow businesses and to grow the economy. So I think it’s a whole area that just — and I will tell you, the underpinning of this populist revolt is the financial crisis of 2008. That revolt, the way that it was dealt with, the way that the people who ran the banks and ran the hedge funds have never really been held accountable for what they did, has fueled much of the anger in the tea party movement in the United States.

Bannon's response on how to handle "poverty" is to explain that banks shouldn't have been bailed out in 2008

We're hosed

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

anime was right posted:

is this the guy with the skull in every video

Yeah, he either has multiple plastic skulls or he moves them around to always be in shots

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jazerus posted:

if hitler wanted nazis to succeed in the future he probably shouldn't have told everyone that the only way they could have been stopped was consistently being on the losing end of street violence

why are you taking tactical advice from hitler

he lost

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

can someone make a gif out of this with a hitler mustache getting punched?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

can someone make a gif out of this with a hitler mustache getting punched?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Red Minjo posted:

Yeah, he either has multiple plastic skulls or he moves them around to always be in shots

Badass

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Cubey posted:

i wonder how it feels knowing that your largest contribution to society is a character from a webcomic that inexplicably got co-opted by neo nazis

I really feel bad for him, I heard an interview with him on Reply All and he was such a nice, calm, polite person who wanted to make nice comics :smith:

ANOTHER REASON TO PUNCH NAZIS, TO AVENGE HIS GOOD NAME!!!! :bahgawd:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

you know one thing that i absolutely loving love about trump is all of these fat mouthbreathers coming out of the woodwork to finally have their rahowa and they're immediately beaten into submission and become terrified to leave their basements

its like their vindication and frustration to their slighted ego that causes them to feel entitled backfires on them because their brokebrain couldn't handle reality and they remembered why they stayed in cyberspace making lovely racist memes with a green blob.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

:whitewater:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Nonsense posted:

should people be familiar with those names or something

they make lovely alt-right videos on youtube and are a great target for mockery

the skull is called mcarthur

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:stare:

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

nooooo

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Imma just wear dark hoodies everywhere from now on. Those guys look cool. Hero nazi punchin' hoodie dudes.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Trump hates stairs

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

its like their vindication and frustration to their slighted ego that causes them to feel entitled backfires on them because their brokebrain couldn't handle reality and they remembered why they stayed in cyberspace making lovely racist memes with a green blob.

i just hope they keep doing what they're doing. not only are they getting brutally owned wherever they pop up but i've figured out watching trump's blubbering face flap around on a muted tv at the gym makes for a great workout

edit:
please work out while watching a trump conference and listening to RTJ

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MobfYnRRpys

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

consumed by normies posted:

owners a randian retard so not surprising hed do dumb things

why are you attacking a non-employment based jobs* creator**!!!!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I know what gif I'm editing tomorrow

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

kinda synchs w harder better faster stronger :whitewater:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Feminasty Slut posted:

Imma just wear dark hoodies everywhere from now on. Those guys look cool. Hero nazi punchin' hoodie dudes.

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

They've been told leftists are soft their whole lives. They're ultimately cowards who would never confront anyone unless they were sure they would suffer no consequences

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
lol richard spencer is going to get bodied

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Pooky posted:

Has anyone said what prompted this? Or are we just convinced that Nazis wear plaid?

Sarah Jeong was writing about them earlier, apparently they'd been violent pretty much all day.

What people are saying now is the dude was ejected, came back, grabbed someone's throat.

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/825894072124637184

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

i hope we get a couple of cool false flag conspiracy theories out of this.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

:smugmrgw:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

pathetic little tramp posted:

Sarah Jeong was writing about them earlier, apparently they'd been violent pretty much all day.

What people are saying now is the dude was ejected, came back, grabbed someone's throat.

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/825894072124637184

Sarah is my loving favorite

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

EugeneJ posted:

Bannon's response on how to handle "poverty" is to explain that banks shouldn't have been bailed out in 2008

We're hosed

Broken clock

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Now the soldier looks like he's hiding his eyes. "Stupid sexy Trump Rump!"

This is the most hilariously disturbing thing I've seen all day. Someone tweet this to Trump.

Lastgirl posted:

And they get a very good reminder why they should stay there, and it just adds to their little persecution complex so they whine louder. It's quite glorious to see. If only more of these little freaks got a fist in the teeth.

change my name posted:

I know what gif I'm editing tomorrow

We should have saved the Office 'NOOOO' clip for this.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Feminasty Slut posted:

be careful this is a great way to be mistakenly identified by police and local militias as an african american!!!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

well now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
local newspaper The Oregonian reports that the guy who got decked was Grant Chisholm, this guy: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/12/08/the-hipster-fred-phelps.html
obvs the pic is ~4 yrs old

• Locked thread