Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

just found my first shavs ever and it has pretty good rolls. what should I do? ive never really looked at low life builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

If you want a build that can do absolutely everything in the game, poison BV pathfinder.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im thinking maybe essence drain right now. mathil made a nice guide for it.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Essence Drain is cool and can do everything in the game and also ignore reflect, which is cool and good.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I'm probably going to start next league with ED and see how long I can stick with it. I want to play something that doesn't give a poo poo about any map mods but is also doable starting from scratch and see if I can manage to stick with the same character instead of making a million other characters.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

J posted:

I'm probably going to start next league with ED and see how long I can stick with it. I want to play something that doesn't give a poo poo about any map mods but is also doable starting from scratch and see if I can manage to stick with the same character instead of making a million other characters.

That's my plan. CA/ED Occultist running a bow and a soul strike. CA goes in the bow, ED goes in the chest.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I know this is a quick leap even by my standards but what the hell. What made Blade Vortex in favour the last couple(?) leagues, and what made it fall out? I've half a mind to try one of these builds for myself, if something from the life side of the tree can support BV as readily as, say, Assassin appears to.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Well Pathfinder used to benefit from the insane hit rate of BV making it trivial to have 100% uptime on every flask. I think for life you'd run berserker and get big leech from cloaked in savagery which is just as good as long as you don't get one shot.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I'm probably forgetting some things or the exact order of when these happened, but the original incarnation of BV stacked to 50 stacks. For general mapping and such obviously you never got close to 50 stacks, but for bosses or anytime you had time to stack it up you could stack up a huge stack and walk in and rip poo poo up. And as mentioned, each stack of BV was its own thing so the # of hits per second was off the charts which made it busted with on-hit effects, namely pathfinder. Then they "nerfed" BV by reducing the max stack capacity to 20 but increasing the damage which made it even better for general mapping purposes. Oh and people started figuring out how well BV works with poison, and how to really abuse double dipping. And now people have recently figured out some shenanigans where if you have multiple sets of BV links slotted you can alternate casting them and they all stack and things get silly.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Got one last league, got one this league :awesomelon:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Thanks for the answers. Does this build thread and its associated tree seem reasonably sane? It seems to wander an awful lot just for the sake of +1 curses and vaal pact.

Also leveling a berserker 'caster' like this is annoying as poo poo because I can't get faster casting or likely spell echo and other blue gems :mad:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 29, 2017

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Berserker is pretty much built for Vaal Pact, if you're getting the 100% leech then you should be getting Vaal Pact. This allows you to heal to full instantly off almost any attack or spell, which is why you will see things like CWDT+Bladefall on a lot of VP Berserkers, as it protects you even against ranged attackers.

And yea, that's a solid build/tree.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Some questions about end-game stuff that I figure I could be doing better in some way.

• Once you got a essentially unlimited supply of good shaped redmaps pouring in, what do you do with the tons of tier 10 and lower maps that start filling up stash tabs?
  • How much exalted/chaos/fusing or general wealth do you save up until you attempt to 6 link something or do you just buy up the 1500 for vorici?
  • Recommended end game loot filters, I'm right now switching between various strict neversink filters and modified ones like nifflers.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Some questions about end-game stuff that I figure I could be doing better in some way.

• Once you got a essentially unlimited supply of good shaped redmaps pouring in, what do you do with the tons of tier 10 and lower maps that start filling up stash tabs?
  • How much exalted/chaos/fusing or general wealth do you save up until you attempt to 6 link something or do you just buy up the 1500 for vorici?
  • Recommended end game loot filters, I'm right now switching between various strict neversink filters and modified ones like nifflers.

1. vendor them up, give them away or stop picking them up, maybe save some of the good ones in case I level an alt
2. depends if you're wearing it or not, if I've got a backup I just throw whatever comes in at it periodically, if not I wait until I've got like 150-250 or enough backup currency and can reasonably count on not bricking it. I never vorici 6Ls.
3. I use a modified greengroves for endgame

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Give them to slowpokes like me who have yet to complete Tier 7 and up this late in the league. :v:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I would like an invite. My main is Frugal at the moment.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If they ever let us ctrl-click into guild storage I would probably drop way more maps in there.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

McFrugal posted:

I would like an invite. My main is Frugal at the moment.

sent

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
One quality of life thing I would really like to see added some day is a "vendor everything in this tab" option. Also making it so that you can still break apart stacks of things in your inventory when a vendor or trade screen is open.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

A sort button for your inventory / stash tabs would be welcome too.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Vasudus posted:

If they ever let us ctrl-click into guild storage I would probably drop way more maps in there.

I understand why its not a feature, and I don't really ever expect it to be one. That said, if they do whatever magic is needed to let me ctrl+click stuff in the gstash, I would vomit so much decent gear into there.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

funmanguy posted:

I understand why its not a feature, and I don't really ever expect it to be one. That said, if they do whatever magic is needed to let me ctrl+click stuff in the gstash, I would vomit so much decent gear into there.

Why is it not a feature? I don't understand, you see.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

madstrike posted:

A sort button for your inventory / stash tabs would be welcome too.

Or just a compress option. I know where everything could go but uuuuuggghhh.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
An 'auto stash' button where you can preconfigure what items go into what tabs :pray:

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

So I've never been past 95 in a previous league. I respecced some poo poo and found that at lvl 96 I was able to save a point by getting some strength on a jewel. The next notable I wanted to hit was then 2 points away. Obviously, this means I need to level up to have a more "complete" tree, since the 1 extra point does nothing right now.

I know this is a thing people know about but holy crap the exp gain is bad. I'm getting something around 4-5% exp an hour turboing through Strands/Plateaus/Gorges/etc. I pick up loot and vendor it and sell things when asked, but otherwise I feel like I'm going about as fast as I can (playing what people think is a faster build for map clearing would not actually speed me up at all with what I'm looting). My exp/hr is around 21 million, and the seriously insane thing is I finished corrupting a set of lvl 20 Disciplines in my offhands earlier during lvl 96, and I'm at 80% and most of the way to leveling another set of Disciplines to lvl 20. I'm literally getting gems from vendor level to 20 within a single level at 96, and I'm sure this will be true many times over at lvl 99.

This is no surprise to anyone who has done the grind before, of course. It's just crazy to me who normally gets gems to 20/0 at lvl 91 or 92, resets them to 20%, then stops playing the character when the gems are 18/20 or 19/20 at 93ish.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks for the answers. Does this build thread and its associated tree seem reasonably sane? It seems to wander an awful lot just for the sake of +1 curses and vaal pact.

Also leveling a berserker 'caster' like this is annoying as poo poo because I can't get faster casting or likely spell echo and other blue gems :mad:

Seems like a cool build but could use some refining to abuse the BV bug. The gloves don't seem to be doing anything in his example for instance so could use those for the bug (that hasn't been fixed yet has it?). Could also fit a 3rd curse into it with a +curse ring/ammy/boots and a witchfire for more scaling. I never thought about using doedres to proc a savage hit before.

The pathing looks fine to me, maybe drop the exceptional performance pathing if you really want to get something else. Could drop the curse nodes too and invest into crit too

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 30, 2017

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I did a Poorjoy's rotation to finish out 89 earlier. There was a 99 in the group who said each map was giving %0.33 each, less if there wasn't a breach.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ultima66 posted:

So I've never been past 95 in a previous league. I respecced some poo poo and found that at lvl 96 I was able to save a point by getting some strength on a jewel. The next notable I wanted to hit was then 2 points away. Obviously, this means I need to level up to have a more "complete" tree, since the 1 extra point does nothing right now.

I know this is a thing people know about but holy crap the exp gain is bad. I'm getting something around 4-5% exp an hour turboing through Strands/Plateaus/Gorges/etc. I pick up loot and vendor it and sell things when asked, but otherwise I feel like I'm going about as fast as I can (playing what people think is a faster build for map clearing would not actually speed me up at all with what I'm looting). My exp/hr is around 21 million, and the seriously insane thing is I finished corrupting a set of lvl 20 Disciplines in my offhands earlier during lvl 96, and I'm at 80% and most of the way to leveling another set of Disciplines to lvl 20. I'm literally getting gems from vendor level to 20 within a single level at 96, and I'm sure this will be true many times over at lvl 99.

This is no surprise to anyone who has done the grind before, of course. It's just crazy to me who normally gets gems to 20/0 at lvl 91 or 92, resets them to 20%, then stops playing the character when the gems are 18/20 or 19/20 at 93ish.

96 is when the brick wall really hits, and it's when I quit in 2.3. At that point it was just mind numbing.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

You aren't meant to hit 100. 100 is for crazies.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm at 92 right now on my EA Jugg. I'm going to clear a grandmaster or two more then start the grind to 93. My strategy has been to clear Minotaur/Phoenix maps, then swap to my HoWA Raider for the quick kill. Then just start from whatever 15s I have and work my way back down.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

pork never goes bad posted:

Why is it not a feature? I don't understand, you see.

When you move an item to or from a gstash page, the gstash page and your character's inventory have to be immediately saved. Normal personal stash tab and inventory modifications can be cached on the instance server, and multiple changes buffered together into periodical save actions. There's also the bit where an update needs to be pushed to every other client that's currently observing the gstash page you modified.

All of that means guild stash access is significantly heavier on the persistent realm database than personal stashes. The lack of control-click transfer is there in part to limit the rate at which you can force realm DB to spend resources and in part to hide how slow the process of moving an item between your inventory and gstash is.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Yet GGG has made it a top priority to make it harder to get to lvl 100 in every major patch because getting to 100 is way too easy apparently.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ultima66 posted:

Yet GGG has made it a top priority to make it harder to get to lvl 100 in every major patch because getting to 100 is way too easy apparently.

People are hitting 100 in 3-4 days in this patch with perfect setups. They just want the race to 100 to last more than a few days, which is understandable.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

TheRat posted:

People are hitting 100 in 3-4 days in this patch with perfect setups. They just want the race to 100 to last more than a few days, which is understandable.

Races should be time played based anyway.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

So crazy people are hitting 100 in 3-4 days? Well then gotta nerf it.

how about every day in the league after 2 weeks adds slight experience bonuses that keep growing up until the end of the league.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Duck and Cover posted:

Races should be time played based anyway.

So noone will ever win except people playing hundreds of exalts worth of vaal spark + pre-rolled strands? Sounds exciting

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Cerepol posted:

So crazy people are hitting 100 in 3-4 days? Well then gotta nerf it.

how about every day in the league after 2 weeks adds slight experience bonuses that keep growing up until the end of the league.

Why? Your character should be finished at level 90 at the latest anyway. It's not really necessary to push your characters even further.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

TheRat posted:

So noone will ever win except people playing hundreds of exalts worth of vaal spark + pre-rolled strands? Sounds exciting

I'm not sure this is worse than people playing constantly. It'd also be good for the shorter races, especially if they had no trading.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eezee posted:

Why? Your character should be finished at level 90 at the latest anyway. It's not really necessary to push your characters even further.

Eh, I'd say 90 is pretty early. 95 maybe.

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm not sure this is worse than people playing constantly. It'd also be good for the shorter races, especially if they had no trading.

Right now at least there's a lot of diversity in what builds win. I'm not opposed to a short race where only time matters, but I would very very much be opposed to it being the rule for challenge leagues.

E: Also, right now you know when someone has won, you know who's in the lead, you know who's catching up or who's died off etc. Time-based removes all of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
With the way conversion works, if you have 100% physical to fire conversion, like for example using Blast Rain with the Xoph bow, does that mean the Atziri flask adds 40% more damage? Does the Chieftain bonus of "20% of physical damage added as extra fire damage" still work at that point?

• Locked thread