Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Man imagine if a parent caught a teacher drunk, at a bar, or the teacher's lounge. I think she's being kind of a bum for no reason. Are the concerts in her hometown? "We're 30 minutes out of town at this arena but maybe a parent is here and ready to measure how dilated my pupils are" is pretty silly to me.

Teachers can and do get fired for stuff as stupid as having a picture of them on their private, friends-only facebook page holding a single glass of wine, so she's making the right call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Kids ruin everything

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

passing two drinks where your coworkers might see you is for stupid assholes who get what's coming to them but you're insane and paranoid if you see any problem with doing illegal drugs where clients that have a squadron of moral-panic helicopter moms attached might see you, in your first year in a profession like half of the people who have power over you are actively trying to destroy

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Aerox posted:

Teachers can and do get fired for stuff as stupid as having a picture of them on their private, friends-only facebook page holding a single glass of wine, so she's making the right call.
I remember a case where a teacher was fired for having a picture of her holding a red solo cup. Apparently the implication when using a red solo cup is that you're abusing alcohol.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

Prank backfires v3.2049302

She should change all her account information, dump, then never contact him again.

gently caress this dude.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Barudak posted:

She should change all her account information, dump, then never contact him again.

gently caress this dude.

she has to get to his computer first and do a wipe to make sure he can't retaliate like the shithead he is.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Waterbed Wendy posted:

she has to get to his computer first and do a wipe to make sure he can't retaliate like the shithead he is.

Abso loving lutely.

If you are a teacher in America and there exists any evidence, even hear say, that you did something that only the most anal retentive white suburban parent would dislike you are loving gone. This womans boyfriend is a shitter, as are the people who get teachers fired over poo poo like that.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Yeah, next visit just straight up break his hard drive and phone and then immediate leave and ghost him. Alternatively :murder:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

here have a typical tightfisted jew, refusing to share his jew gold

My(31M) GF's(28F) family is anti-semitic and hits me up for money.

Money sense is something people are often taught by their parents, so it's less that he's a Jew and more that he comes from a family of people who are sensible enough not to drop cash on in-laws who don't respect you. Seems like a good idea to me.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

sorry i should have made clear that the line about jew gold was not sincerely my hot take on the situation

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

E: Wrong story.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

sorry i should have made clear that the line about jew gold was not sincerely my hot take on the situation

no no no I got that, I was just commenting on the story and people's general take on why they think Jews have some sort of money magic

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

passing two drinks where your coworkers might see you is for stupid assholes who get what's coming to them but you're insane and paranoid if you see any problem with doing illegal drugs where clients that have a squadron of moral-panic helicopter moms attached might see you, in your first year in a profession like half of the people who have power over you are actively trying to destroy

Doing legal drugs you mean.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

WampaLord posted:

Behold, the dumbest argument ever:

I [41F] had a somewhat troubling conversation with my husband [42M] about dating after the death of a partner, married 14 years.

Lady, just lie and say you'll never remarry. This is one of those white lies we all tell, like "You're the best sex partner I've ever had." Then you can do whatever if he dies, because guess what, he'll be dead.
On one hand this feels a lot like a 'play stupid games win stupid prizes' moment but otoh I think it's pretty crass to tell your SO what friends you'd gently caress if they weren't in the picture anymore. Also what is the actual heaven protocol for that kinda scenario, say she's married to dude A for 20 years, he dies, then she marries dude B for 30 years until they both die, does she show up to heaven and suggest they open their relationship.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
well heaven isn't real dummy

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Aerox posted:

This 1000x. My wife is a teacher and doesn't want anyone taking pictures of her with alcohol in the shot, even if it's not her holding the drink. We don't even live in a small town but she still feels uncomfortable even drinking in public sometimes because she may run in to a parent or student. Basically any kid or parent that has decided they want you to suffer will scour your social media for ANYTHING they can use to get you fired. Even if you aren't fired, you have to spend a ton of time defending the accusation with your school/county/state depending on the situation and it's going to be a mark on your record no matter what. It's not right at all, but she's not really being paranoid.

The guy either needs to accept that her life has to be somewhat different now or they need to break up.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

otoh I think it's pretty crass to tell your SO what friends you'd gently caress if they weren't in the picture anymore

It started as a joke that he took weirdly seriously. She didn't come out and say "I'm leaving you when you die for your cousin" in seriousness.

Ouhei posted:

This 1000x. My wife is a teacher and doesn't want anyone taking pictures of her with alcohol in the shot, even if it's not her holding the drink. We don't even live in a small town but she still feels uncomfortable even drinking in public sometimes because she may run in to a parent or student. Basically any kid or parent that has decided they want you to suffer will scour your social media for ANYTHING they can use to get you fired. Even if you aren't fired, you have to spend a ton of time defending the accusation with your school/county/state depending on the situation and it's going to be a mark on your record no matter what. It's not right at all, but she's not really being paranoid.

The guy either needs to accept that her life has to be somewhat different now or they need to break up.

If it's this hardcore, she should just stop altogether, then. Not keep doing it and then blame him when her situation causes problems.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Hughlander posted:

no, actually

your state might not have an ordinance against it or choose to enforce the law, but it's still a federal offense people go to prison over whenever law enforcement deigns to take notice, and very very very fireable if your employer is not a weed-lovin rasta man. All it takes is the students tittering about it to each other where any adult can hear for her to get piss-tested and shortly thereafter blacklisted from ever being a teacher or working in any other capacity involving children again.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 30, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Hughlander posted:

If you can lose your bank account for selling it it's not legal

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

poo poo, I'm surprised teachers aren't fired every loving day by high school kids claiming they saw them smoking weed somewhere. Apparently it's super easy to be fired with little to no proof, kids with grudges against their teachers must be having a field day.

E: VVV The way people are telling it, there's not even a drug test. Picture with a Solo cup? FIRED!

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 30, 2017

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
If you're a regular smoker weed stays in your system for upwards of a month and is easy to test for so unless you actually saw them smoking it'd be a p dumb thing to lie about.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

ArbitraryC posted:

actual heaven protocol

A. You are too busy singing hymns about how great God is for the rest of forever for it to even matter
Or
B. Being dead leads to a unique perspective of life so it doesn't matter
Or
C. If heaven is real, no reason a soul can't be in more than one place at a time

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
is youtube to blame for the rise of shithead prank culture in the next generation or is there some other reason these assholes do it? none of the pranks reported are even funny.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Sisal Two-Step posted:

is youtube to blame for the rise of shithead prank culture in the next generation or is there some other reason these assholes do it? none of the pranks reported are even funny.
That one guy who pretended to be a ghost and got punched in the face was pretty funny. It's even funnier that he was whining about his mom thinking it was funny he got punched in the face instead of punishing his brother.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

WampaLord posted:

If it's this hardcore, she should just stop altogether, then. Not keep doing it and then blame him when her situation causes problems.
She should probably consider it if it's going to put a limit on when she can leave her house, yeah.

WampaLord posted:

poo poo, I'm surprised teachers aren't fired every loving day by high school kids claiming they saw them smoking weed somewhere. Apparently it's super easy to be fired with little to no proof, kids with grudges against their teachers must be having a field day.
It's not super easy to get them fired with no proof. It's fairly easy to make their life a living hell if they have a desire to and anything that could be interpreted as evidence though. Which is why many teachers limit their social media presence greatly and often police themselves in public more than normal people do.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sisal Two-Step posted:

It has to be YouTube that's making them insane and over the top. It used to just be poo poo like "bucket of water on the door" or "shaving cream on face" not poo poo like fake identities and staging break ins.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Khorne posted:

That one guy who pretended to be a ghost and got punched in the face was pretty funny. It's even funnier that he was whining about his mom thinking it was funny he got punched in the face instead of punishing his brother.

i stand corrected.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sisal Two-Step posted:

they're not even really "pranks"

a "prank" is like something that someone should be able to avoid if they're paying attention, it's mildly didactic, like putting saran wrap in a doorway

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

It started as a joke that he took weirdly seriously. She didn't come out and say "I'm leaving you when you die for your cousin" in seriousness.

lol, what

She's not blaming him for anything, he's getting pissed at her because she doesn't want to smoke weed outside of the house. You're weirdly hostile about this. Maybe you should smoke less weed.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

It has to be YouTube that's making them insane and over the top. It used to just be poo poo like "bucket of water on the door" or "shaving cream on face" not poo poo like fake identities and staging break ins.

Walking around bad parts of chicago in zombie makeup/dressed as a kkk member/shouting racial slurs

"IT'S A PRANK BRO IT'S A PRANK BRO IT'S A PRANK"

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

one april fools when i was like nine i replaced the sugar in the sugar bowl with salt and watched my mom pour it into her cereal and while she was mixing it in i yelled "april fools" and she had no idea what i had done so i explained it and she just looked tired. that's my prank story thanks for listening.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Beachcomber posted:

A. You are too busy singing hymns about how great God is for the rest of forever for it to even matter
Or
B. Being dead leads to a unique perspective of life so it doesn't matter
Or
C. If heaven is real, no reason a soul can't be in more than one place at a time

Look I just wanna picture a dude hovering around the pearly gates for a longingly awaited reunion with his love and she comes up to him hand in hand with another guy and asks "have you ever considered polyamory?"

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Weed teacher should stop for a couple of months, drop an anonymous complaint against herself, get cleared, and then smoke the fattest blunt in front of the principal screaming about double jeopardy.

IANAL

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Mirthless posted:

Walking around bad parts of chicago in zombie makeup/dressed as a kkk member/shouting racial slurs

"IT'S A PRANK BRO IT'S A PRANK BRO IT'S A PRANK"
yeah these are three similar examples :confused:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Yeah, the YouTube stuff now is so awful it's insane.

Make pies to the face great again. :colbert:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sisal Two-Step posted:

one april fools when i was like nine i replaced the sugar in the sugar bowl with salt and watched my mom pour it into her cereal and while she was mixing it in i yelled "april fools" and she had no idea what i had done so i explained it and she just looked tired. that's my prank story thanks for listening.

It's a shame this epic prank couldn't be immortalized on youtube

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Cellophane over the toilet bowl is a loving classic, it doesn't deserve to be lumped in with "Fake house invasion LOL PRANK LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

reddit prank bros are the most compelling case for castle law I've seen

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

WampaLord posted:

Cellophane over the toilet bowl is a loving classic, it doesn't deserve to be lumped in with "Fake house invasion LOL PRANK LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE:
Cellophane over pretty much anything that won't get hot is pretty much always a good prank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Yawgmoth posted:

Cellophane over pretty much anything that won't get hot is pretty much always a good prank.

I like the ol cellophane over the face prank.