Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

yeah these are three similar examples :confused:

they're three similar examples because they're all youtube videos i have personally seen of somebody almost getting shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Sisal Two-Step posted:

one april fools when i was like nine i replaced the sugar in the sugar bowl with salt and watched my mom pour it into her cereal and while she was mixing it in i yelled "april fools" and she had no idea what i had done so i explained it and she just looked tired. that's my prank story thanks for listening.

We used to put rubber bands around the trigger on the sprayer hose on the sink when we were kids. Mom never found that as hilarious as we did.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Mirthless posted:

they're three similar examples because they're all youtube videos i have personally seen of somebody almost getting shot
They are almost all fake with paid participants.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Khorne posted:

They are almost all fake with paid participants.

so even the prank, bro is just a prank, bro?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

if you wanna break into the crisis actor business you gotta have a demo reel

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

food court bailiff posted:

The heaven card is lovely to play, didn't even Jesus himself flip the gently caress out when some Pharisees asked him who got to bone down with whom in the afterlife when they were all legally married but the widow kept remarrying after her husbands' deaths? I think if the actual Son of God doesn't have a real answer for you there, it's kind of off limits for a relationship fight.

Well, I can't think of the answer off-hand, but if He was speaking to a Pharisee then it was likely the sarcastic and less profane, but no more polite, equivalent of, "are you loving retarded? How could that possibly even matter in the afterlife?"

E: On teachers and alcohol/weed/moral terpitude, I've been friends with a few Elementary/Middle School teachers and they have done things such as going two hours out of town to have a night out with friends, because it's better than having your career blackballed. The one I'm still friends with, I fully expect that she'll delete half of my Facebook comments, or at the very least hide them, and I'm trying to be good! The best part is that she works at a place where she can dye her hair crazy colors, have visible tattoos and some modest piercings (she just has earrings, and sometimes a nose stud) but God forbid if someone saw her at a loving restaurant with her husband, having a beer with dinner. "MY CHILDREN!!!!!"

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 30, 2017

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

WampaLord posted:

I mean, she should either stop getting high or be more cool about it. No student's going to go "I saw the teacher stoned at a diner!" and get her fired.

That's a completely realistic scenario and teachers have been fired for far less because parents got mad and the school wants to cover their rear end. Drug and conduct policies can gently caress you over if a student puts a video of you just a littttle too drunk on snapchat. I think the solution to her problem is to keep smoking where she wants and tell her boyfriend to gently caress off.

Also lol I thought the normal response to being asked if you'll date after your partner dies is to claim you won't despite both of you knowing it's a lie.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 30, 2017

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Pvt.Scott posted:

Well, I can't think of the answer off-hand, but if He was speaking to a Pharisee then it was likely the sarcastic and less profane, but no more polite, equivalent of, "are you loving retarded? How could that possibly even matter in the afterlife?"

I'm pretty sure it was something like that, yeah, and I think he specifically calls them out for misquoting or misreading a scripture. Jesus could roast Pharisees all day and still have time to whip people and flip tables at the temple.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

ArbitraryC posted:

Look I just wanna picture a dude hovering around the pearly gates for a longingly awaited reunion with his love and she comes up to him hand in hand with another guy and asks "have you ever considered polyamory?"

In Heaven, everything is fine, because everyone understands the concept of "compersion" and it's suddenly a real thing

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
heaven's like an orgasm all the time so you don't have to be loving to do it therefore there is no cheating because there is no need for the kind of activity you gotta pee after so you don't get a UTI

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Do these parents not drink at home or what?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

a parent could be chasing oxy and xanax with their bloody marys every night and they'll still complain about a teacher with a red solo cup

i think you underestimate the hypocrisy of Christian Mom™

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Pick posted:

heaven's like an orgasm all the time so you don't have to be loving to do it therefore there is no cheating because there is no need for the kind of activity you gotta pee after so you don't get a UTI

But... what if your fetish is peeing?

Asking for a friend.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Much like having abortions, it's not immoral for them to do it, just everyone else.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
My wife wanted to randomly meet an obvious creeper that's 12 years older then her for coffee. She's only exchanged a sentence and three paragraphs with him. Should I feel weirded out?

My wife and I are still fairly young, she's 21. We've been married for about three years and been together for a year beyond that. At the very beginning of our relationship she did cheat, though the guy had started off as a child sexual predator and abused her long before we ever met. She cut it off with him and came clean shortly thereafter. I was hurt, but she was obviously hosed up from this guy also. Aside from this she's never given me anything to be suspicious about.

In general we have an open relationship, though neither of us has acted on it. Our biggest rule is that we keep each other informed to the minute about our feelings for others if anything is developing and never lie surrounding it. She's bisexual and there are a few times where she's looked on dating sites for women to casually date, she's not shown any interest in men and really hasn't used them much anyway.

So two things got me being a bit weirded out yesterday:

The first. She tells me randomly last night that she's meeting some guy for coffee (non-romantically) today. We tell each other a lot about our lives so it was a bit surprising I'd not heard of this guy before. She explained they'd had a good conversation online over the last week or so and he'd asked her to coffee, that she wasn't interested in him romantically and that she's specifically told him she was married so there should be no weirdness. Though she didn't say it outright she implied it was someone our age.

I was doing some work, but a few hours later when I finished I logged onto her OK Cupid profile (we both do this frequently to each other, our internet accounts are generally very open to each other) I found out that what really happened was the guy sent her a one sentence message a week ago saying he'd reply to her profile more later and then she responded with a sentence joking about being so formal. Today he'd responded to that message with two paragraphs referring to very obviously tailored flirting (talking about communes and using a lot of the bullshit terms people use to look smart) and a third paragraph that was along the lines of "I enjoyed reading your profile and would love to discuss stuff like this sometime over coffee." She briefly replied to his first two paragraphs and gave a time to meet the following day (today). I then read his profile and he was very obviously kind of douchey (something she's usually very vocally against). On top of all the douchey things guys do to get girls to like them he also was 33, unemployed, and mentions many times that he's on "happy pills." At times he goes into random angry rants on his profile and just int general seems a bit unhinged. She also did not mention she was married (though it does clearly say it in her profile and she says now that that's what she meant by it).

So at this point I'm completely weirded out and wondering why she would actively try to meet him without knowing him and with him being such creeper. I bring up that I feel weirded out by this and she gets really defensive and ridicules me for being ridiculously over protective. It comes out that she'd read his profile before when trying to get a friend a date on there and though he was a complete douche but forgot that when he messaged her. I'm not really jealous but I insisted to her that I felt there was something off there. That it didn't add up. I honestly don't think she's looking to cheat on me, possibly it's something weird mentally otherwise (her family has a history of mental illness and there's a better then average, though still low, chance she will develop a schizotypal disorder given her dad has one and her mother is crazier, though not diagnosed with anything). She's pissed because she assumes I'm jealous and controlling and I honestly don't see how she could not see this as weird and completely filled with warning signs (both for her with that guy and for me with her).

The second thing came up this morning. I was thinking over whether or not I was being jealous and something I thought of was that there's this guy she met in a history class that I was completely cool with where many would freak out. You see she'd been talking to this guy and she was excited because it seemed like he wasn't a douche. He invited her to a history club she was starting (oddly this is happening for the first time today also). What makes it a bit weird is that she commented here on Reddit at some point saying that him talking to her about history and not desperately trying to get in her pants caused her got him a date. I figured she was lying about it to Reddit since she knows I read her posts (she reads mine also) and she said she was just trying to make a point about how to get a girl. I didn't really think about it again until this morning. Then I started to realize that would seem a bit chumpish given how crazily suspicious that stuff is (in my eyes). She even specifically mentioned that she wasn't sure if anyone would show up to the history club so it might just be him and her there chatting for the entire time. Just the more I think about it the more weird it seems. I brought that up this morning and she gets angry and defensive again and starts making statements about how she just won't try to make friends anymore and that she'll delete her dating site profile and stop talking to men. Which is a very bizarre reaction considering she's had and still has many friends who are male that I've never been weirded out by and this stuff seems fairly objectively suspicious.

So I'm left without a clue. On the one hand this stuff reeks of something off going on but on the other if she wanted to date someone she could just be upfront about it since we've been clear that casual dating is fine. I've mentioned it multiple times to her in relation to this and she vehemently denies and romantic feelings. Why would she tell me about all this if she was really doing something wrong? I really do believe her, but I feel like I'm putting blinders on when so many facts just don't align. I don't see any reason for her to hide anything from me but in my eyes the evidence is fairly clear.

Am I being overly suspicious or protective? Is what she's doing normal for most (she doesn't usually meet people online this quickly before and is very judgmental against those who do)? Though I'm not freaking out, is being worried about the safety of meeting a guy like that even out in public overblown? I'm just looking for some outside perspective.

Edit: Just to be clear she's had close guy friends before and even now. My issue isn't that she could gently caress guys, she's had crushes on some of those friends and I've encouraged her to pursue it. My issue is that I'm afraid there may be some deceit in here and I have no clue why she'd feel the need to hide something from me. If it's not deceit I'm afraid of what would cause her to act so unusual and against how she usually acts.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

nobody's monitoring what the parents do, it's not really expected for them to do much more than make sure the bruises don't show, and there isn't a neverending mass-media drumbeat that lazy pedophile parents are behind every social ill supported by an enthusiastic bipartisan campaign to move all kids into privately-run foster homes

Bubblyblubber posted:

But... what if your fetish is peeing?

Asking for a friend.

then you're not getting into heaven so what's it matter?

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 30, 2017

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Mirthless posted:

a parent could be chasing oxy and xanax with their bloody marys every night and they'll still complain about a teacher with a red solo cup

i think you underestimate the hypocrisy of Christian Mom™

Yep. My wife is a teacher and teacher culture is pretty obsessed with not giving parents any ammunition for the potential firing squad. It's like the parents view themselves as people but the teacher as a thing that has to act "like a teacher". That's what I always loved about the old teacher's who had been doing it for so long. They'd just tell parents to gently caress off if they were being all parenty.

cyberia posted:

My wife and I are still fairly young, she's 21. We've been married for about three years and been together for a year beyond that.

In general we have an open relationship

21, married since 18, open relationship. Jesus christ.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 30, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
"Old Chemistry Teacher With Tenure" is basically the conservative christian parent's Kryptonite, they can get away with loving anything. That said my band director showed up to class drunk off his rear end on more than one occasion and sometimes we wouldn't play at all and instead sit quietly while he slept in his office with the lights off. Literally no one was surprised when his son got a DUI at 17.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Whether or not her concerns are rational (and I lean towards "rational" here), the boyfriend's being completely churlish about it. It's not like she's gone teetotal and started screaming at him about THE DEVIL'S LETTUCE; she just wants him to make the dispensary runs. Seriously, who cares?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

cyberia posted:

My wife wanted to randomly meet an obvious creeper that's 12 years older then her for coffee. She's only exchanged a sentence and three paragraphs with him. Should I feel weirded out?

Ooooooof.

This guy is clearly crazy in a lot of ways but why the hell is she lying this hard about it? (and oh boy is she ever obviously lying about it) If they had an open relationship arrangement, what's the point of bullshitting? Lying about it takes it from being an acceptable thing in the confines of your relationship to just being plain old cheating. The fact that she's doing it with a way older guy is mega creepy on his part, and lovely to her boyfriend, besides.

I wonder if she's not inserting herself into a risky situation on purpose. I've heard of people who have been sexually traumatized doing things like this.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

cyberia posted:

My wife and I are still fairly young, she's 21. We've been married for about three years and been together for a year beyond that. At the very beginning of our relationship she did cheat, though the guy had started off as a child sexual predator and abused her long before we ever met. She cut it off with him and came clean shortly thereafter. I was hurt, but she was obviously hosed up from this guy also. Aside from this she's never given me anything to be suspicious about.

In general we have an open relationship, though neither of us has acted on it. Our biggest rule is that we keep each other informed to the minute about our feelings for others if anything is developing and never lie surrounding it. She's bisexual and there are a few times where she's looked on dating sites for women to casually date, she's not shown any interest in men and really hasn't used them much anyway.

So two things got me being a bit weirded out yesterday:

The first. She tells me randomly last night that she's meeting some guy for coffee (non-romantically) today. We tell each other a lot about our lives so it was a bit surprising I'd not heard of this guy before. She explained they'd had a good conversation online over the last week or so and he'd asked her to coffee, that she wasn't interested in him romantically and that she's specifically told him she was married so there should be no weirdness. Though she didn't say it outright she implied it was someone our age.

I was doing some work, but a few hours later when I finished I logged onto her OK Cupid profile (we both do this frequently to each other, our internet accounts are generally very open to each other) I found out that what really happened was the guy sent her a one sentence message a week ago saying he'd reply to her profile more later and then she responded with a sentence joking about being so formal. Today he'd responded to that message with two paragraphs referring to very obviously tailored flirting (talking about communes and using a lot of the bullshit terms people use to look smart) and a third paragraph that was along the lines of "I enjoyed reading your profile and would love to discuss stuff like this sometime over coffee." She briefly replied to his first two paragraphs and gave a time to meet the following day (today). I then read his profile and he was very obviously kind of douchey (something she's usually very vocally against). On top of all the douchey things guys do to get girls to like them he also was 33, unemployed, and mentions many times that he's on "happy pills." At times he goes into random angry rants on his profile and just int general seems a bit unhinged. She also did not mention she was married (though it does clearly say it in her profile and she says now that that's what she meant by it).

So at this point I'm completely weirded out and wondering why she would actively try to meet him without knowing him and with him being such creeper. I bring up that I feel weirded out by this and she gets really defensive and ridicules me for being ridiculously over protective. It comes out that she'd read his profile before when trying to get a friend a date on there and though he was a complete douche but forgot that when he messaged her. I'm not really jealous but I insisted to her that I felt there was something off there. That it didn't add up. I honestly don't think she's looking to cheat on me, possibly it's something weird mentally otherwise (her family has a history of mental illness and there's a better then average, though still low, chance she will develop a schizotypal disorder given her dad has one and her mother is crazier, though not diagnosed with anything). She's pissed because she assumes I'm jealous and controlling and I honestly don't see how she could not see this as weird and completely filled with warning signs (both for her with that guy and for me with her).

The second thing came up this morning. I was thinking over whether or not I was being jealous and something I thought of was that there's this guy she met in a history class that I was completely cool with where many would freak out. You see she'd been talking to this guy and she was excited because it seemed like he wasn't a douche. He invited her to a history club she was starting (oddly this is happening for the first time today also). What makes it a bit weird is that she commented here on Reddit at some point saying that him talking to her about history and not desperately trying to get in her pants caused her got him a date. I figured she was lying about it to Reddit since she knows I read her posts (she reads mine also) and she said she was just trying to make a point about how to get a girl. I didn't really think about it again until this morning. Then I started to realize that would seem a bit chumpish given how crazily suspicious that stuff is (in my eyes). She even specifically mentioned that she wasn't sure if anyone would show up to the history club so it might just be him and her there chatting for the entire time. Just the more I think about it the more weird it seems. I brought that up this morning and she gets angry and defensive again and starts making statements about how she just won't try to make friends anymore and that she'll delete her dating site profile and stop talking to men. Which is a very bizarre reaction considering she's had and still has many friends who are male that I've never been weirded out by and this stuff seems fairly objectively suspicious.

So I'm left without a clue. On the one hand this stuff reeks of something off going on but on the other if she wanted to date someone she could just be upfront about it since we've been clear that casual dating is fine. I've mentioned it multiple times to her in relation to this and she vehemently denies and romantic feelings. Why would she tell me about all this if she was really doing something wrong? I really do believe her, but I feel like I'm putting blinders on when so many facts just don't align. I don't see any reason for her to hide anything from me but in my eyes the evidence is fairly clear.

Am I being overly suspicious or protective? Is what she's doing normal for most (she doesn't usually meet people online this quickly before and is very judgmental against those who do)? Though I'm not freaking out, is being worried about the safety of meeting a guy like that even out in public overblown? I'm just looking for some outside perspective.

Edit: Just to be clear she's had close guy friends before and even now. My issue isn't that she could gently caress guys, she's had crushes on some of those friends and I've encouraged her to pursue it. My issue is that I'm afraid there may be some deceit in here and I have no clue why she'd feel the need to hide something from me. If it's not deceit I'm afraid of what would cause her to act so unusual and against how she usually acts.

Your chick is broke, man. Take her to a brain mechanic and get a quote or try to sell that lemon to some other sucker.

Also, kill yourself, you insufferable human being. The last thing this woman needs is some weird quasi-relationship with a man who apparently gives no shits about her value as a person, both as an emotional and sexual partner. She needs a loving and committed dude and some clear loving boundaries (if she's going to be in a relationship) and plenty of therapy for her sexual abuse.

Your wife doesn't know where she stands. She's going to meet a dude and possibly some other people to nerd out about history and maybe she'll date dude or not, but you're acting "suspicious" and jealous where in much more clear cut cases (hey babe, I'm gonna date and gently caress my guy friend) you just shrugged and said, "ok." She's being cagey because you're being cagey.

You both cray. People are dumb.

I just assume everyone is telling the "truth" in these things in the sense that events vaguely like described happened.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 30, 2017

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Antivehicular posted:

Whether or not her concerns are rational (and I lean towards "rational" here), the boyfriend's being completely churlish about it. It's not like she's gone teetotal and started screaming at him about THE DEVIL'S LETTUCE; she just wants him to make the dispensary runs. Seriously, who cares?

If they smoked a lot as a couple odds are they were stoners who got high before doing basically anything for entertainment, it's a big change to go from consistently doing that to not. I mean he should just grow up and deal with that but I think that is the core problem of the issue, like getting stoned and going for a walk to grab food is a lot of fun, now they just watch netflix or w/e.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

If they smoked a lot as a couple odds are they were stoners who got high before doing basically anything for entertainment, it's a big change to go from consistently doing that to not. I mean he should just grow up and deal with that but I think that is the core problem of the issue, like getting stoned and going for a walk to grab food is a lot of fun, now they just watch netflix or w/e.

She says it wasn't a major plank of their relationship, though? That said, I'm betting he thought it was a bigger part of it than she did.

Cavaradossi
May 12, 2001
Svani per sempre
il sogno mio d'amore

food court bailiff posted:

The heaven card is lovely to play, didn't even Jesus himself flip the gently caress out when some Pharisees asked him who got to bone down with whom in the afterlife when they were all legally married but the widow kept remarrying after her husbands' deaths? I think if the actual Son of God doesn't have a real answer for you there, it's kind of off limits for a relationship fight.

No, He said that after death we don't marry. Luke 20:

27 Some of the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Jesus with a question. 28 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses wrote for us that if a man’s brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and raise up offspring for his brother. 29 Now there were seven brothers. The first one married a woman and died childless. 30 The second 31 and then the third married her, and in the same way the seven died, leaving no children. 32 Finally, the woman died too. 33 Now then, at the resurrection whose wife will she be, since the seven were married to her?”

34 Jesus replied, “The people of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are considered worthy of taking part in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, 36 and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

I am a chronic cheater [26F]. Last weekend I cheated on my wonderful bf [26M] (6 months together) with my ex-bf [33M]. My ex-bf is asking me to make things right and come clean. How do I confess to my bf ? What do I next?

Dear Reddit,

I see that most post about cheaters are from the perspective of the one whom was cheated on, but in this case I am the cheater. I want to ask your advice and stop this pattern of cheating because I believe it doesn't reflect who I am. I want to stop hurting people and stop perpetuating this pattern where I end up hating myself more day by day. I have no clue why am I cheating and lying constantly. From the outside I don't seem like a bad person and I don't identify myself with one. Unfortunately, my deeds speak for themselves...

The relationship with my current BF, Andrew, started 1 year ago when I started to have an affair with him while being with my ex-bf, John [33M].

John and I have been together for 4 years and we had our ups and downs. We started our relationship in a work environment where he was my boss. I initiated the relationship and he didn't say no. Unfortunately that created a lot of conflict in our relationship for about 2 years as long as we have been working together. He was caught between being an understanding bf and being a leading figure that should give me orders and have no emotional attachment. My relationship with his mother was also not very good, partly because she is a crazy jealous person, partly because I was making him choose between the 2 of us (his mother was his only family and raised him alone). Since his holiday time was limited due to his demanding job he had to split his free time between me and his mum or bring us all together, which naturally led to a lot of drama involving yelling, calling names and throwing stuff (me and his mum, me at him).

Although we had some other small conflicts (due our immaturity I believe and lack of proper communication) l was blissfully happy with him and never wanted to break-up with him. I genuinely wanted to marry him and have a happy family together. What happened is a totally different thing. Every time he was away from home on business trips and he could not give me enough attention/communication I cheated on him. I went out with 3 men for several weeks - we only kissed and let them touch me. I did not have sex with any of them because in my distorted view of the world I felt that only sex means cheating. So, I never felt guilty, on the contrary I felt that John was guilty for all the problems in our relationship...

Fast-forward to last year, I started spending a lot of time with my then friend, Andrew. John was really busy and he was glad I had a friend with whom I got along so well. He really liked Andrew. Only that, little did we both know that he had romantic feelings for me and his own agenda. Me, being the cheating wh*re that I am, I obviously loved all the attention and teased Andrew sexually more than I should. Like, for example, inviting him for sleepovers, let him peak at my cleavage, touching his hand by mistake for a little too long...The usual arsenal of attracting someone. Of course, I turned all my affection from my bf and started having uglier arguments all the time comparing him with Andrew and telling him that I hate him.

At this time, John was going through a rough period. He lost his job and his grandparents. Being the poo poo person that I am, I started a very physical relationship with Andrew, all the while not feeling guilty about it, but more anxious of being discovered. Next, Andrew pressured me to throw out John out our apartment to be with him fully. Which I did, but not before keeping John in a limbo for one year and going back and forth with him.

During the entire year I was officially in a new relationship with Andrew, but on several occasions I did sleep with John. Andrew knows that it only happened once. I was NC with John since last December, until this weekend when he emailed me to meet up. Since Andrew was not in town, I met him, talked and cried confessed about all my cheating. We ended up having sex. The next day he told me he still wants to be with me and asked me to come clean to Andrew because he deserves to know.

The problem is that I am living with Andrew and I cannot move to another place for the next 2 months (financial issues). I want to come clean. I have no friends here and my family is living in another country. It's the last month of my job and I have to deliver a huge project (my graduation project).

1) What the f*ck do I do now? How do I tell the truth hurting people as little as possible?

2) Do I move out?

3) How can I stay faithful? I want to stop being this horrible person who does horrible things to others.

tl;dr: I am chronic cheater. Cheated on my ex-bf repeatedly. Ended up in a relationship with the last person I cheated with. I cheated again on him with my ex-bf who now is asking me to come clean about my infidelities and come back to him. I am living with my bf and it's impossible to move out. Where do I start repairing things and how?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Cavaradossi posted:

"Moses wrote for us that if a man’s brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and raise up offspring for his brother."

just wait until r/childfree hears about this

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

:sever: :therapy:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Kurieg posted:

"Old Chemistry Teacher With Tenure" is basically the conservative christian parent's Kryptonite, they can get away with loving anything. That said my band director showed up to class drunk off his rear end on more than one occasion and sometimes we wouldn't play at all and instead sit quietly while he slept in his office with the lights off. Literally no one was surprised when his son got a DUI at 17.

To be fair we had a really creepy one of these(how the hell did you guess chemistry even?), he was independently wealthy from a lobster fishing business and taught for fun. He'd say things like "Thank you Kelly for keeping ABREAST of the situation." (She was...endowed.)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Just stop cheating.

You have to just quit cold turkey, there's no cheating patch.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

cyberia posted:

tl;dr don't get married when you're 18

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

chronic cheater posted:

From the outside I don't seem like a bad person and I don't identify myself with one.

:laffo:

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

To be fair we had a really creepy one of these(how the hell did you guess chemistry even?), he was independently wealthy from a lobster fishing business and taught for fun. He'd say things like "Thank you Kelly for keeping ABREAST of the situation." (She was...endowed.)

It was the biology teacher in my case but basically the same. He was wealthy so he taught for fun as his day job but also did birthday parties as a clown. He'd make comments to the athletics girls like "Well don't run too hard, girls! You don't want to lose ALL the fat on your bodies!" *wink*

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

This lady needs to see a professional about sex addiction, or consider polyamory as a permanent lifestyle. Until she gets some help I don't think she will ever be able to exist in a monogamous relationship.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Antivehicular posted:

She says it wasn't a major plank of their relationship, though? That said, I'm betting he thought it was a bigger part of it than she did.

The thing about weed is you can basically smoke it constantly when you have free time and if you do it as a couple it's probably a much bigger part of their relationship than she really thought. She's filling the hole left behind with her career which is absolutely the right thing to do but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a dealbreaker for him, he's basically gonna have to choose between his old lifestyle and her. She has a good reason to cutback for her own benefit, he's basically forced into doing so for her.

Ideally he should use this as a chance to grow up a bit but if I had to put money on it I'd be doubtful.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

a majority of americans dont drink at home with any regularity, no

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

stop. cheating.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

That reminds me of my HS geology teacher who looked exactly like Hoggle and would fail anyone who didn't take a solid page of notes a day. He was always eyefucking the girls in class and finally got fired when he propositioned a cheerleader. Her father was a judge. Whoops!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

You know I don't like cheaters at all but at least she is cheating back and forth on two dudes that were okay sleeping with someone in a relationship so honestly they all sorta deserve each other.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ArbitraryC posted:

The thing about weed is you can basically smoke it constantly when you have free time and if you do it as a couple it's probably a much bigger part of their relationship than she really thought. She's filling the hole left behind with her career which is absolutely the right thing to do but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a dealbreaker for him, he's basically gonna have to choose between his old lifestyle and her. She has a good reason to cutback for her own benefit, he's basically forced into doing so for her.

Ideally he should use this as a chance to grow up a bit but if I had to put money on it I'd be doubtful.

weed isn't really addictive but as i've gotten older and watched my peer group go from 100% regular smokers to less than that you can kind of see the people who lean on it as a crutch to get through their daily lives, usually because of anxiety or just because being sober is boring which is its own red flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

You know I don't like cheaters at all but at least she is cheating back and forth on two dudes that were okay sleeping with someone in a relationship so honestly they all sorta deserve each other.

Honestly I don't know why they don't just turn it into a three way relationship, sounds like they're both into the girl and have both accepted being cheated on by her at some point or another

ArbitraryC posted:

The thing is, he doesn't have to cut back - she's not making him do anything, other than make trips to the dispensary. His anger at her is really irrational because she's not doing anything that directly affects him, she's just not getting high with him as much