Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MercyfulFate
Aug 19, 2003
I tried scouring the thread to no avail, but are there any goon groups or just some people to help a guy out/play with me? I like the game, I made it to max level on an old account that I gave away, but I gave up because ultimately it's kinda Korean complex and I couldn't get anyone to show me the ropes. I fresh started and am loving it, just putting the feelers out for buddies or a guild. My name is Shoryuken in game, feel free to hit me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MercyfulFate posted:

I tried scouring the thread to no avail, but are there any goon groups or just some people to help a guy out/play with me? I like the game, I made it to max level on an old account that I gave away, but I gave up because ultimately it's kinda Korean complex and I couldn't get anyone to show me the ropes. I fresh started and am loving it, just putting the feelers out for buddies or a guild. My name is Shoryuken in game, feel free to hit me up.

is there only 1 fresh start server? will they just keep doing it as long as it makes money.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

is there only 1 fresh start server? will they just keep doing it as long as it makes money.

there are 2 in na.

originally both had ques stretching into double digits of hours.

Now both have the queue sign but i havent heard of even f2p waiting.

And yeah they probably will as long as it keeps making money. Im buying apex with gold, and am really surprised how freely people are willing to spend money to sell apex.

the game doesnt deserve a cent under trion still.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

MercyfulFate posted:

I'm Orchid on East, Flower in pirate if you want someone to chat with or ask questions. :) Orchid is my potato alt so she probably won't be much use in a group though.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

A Spider Covets posted:

I'm Orchid on East, Flower in pirate if you want someone to chat with or ask questions. :) Orchid is my potato alt so she probably won't be much use in a group though.

Hows pirating going? Are you in Sin now?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

CompeAnansi posted:

Hows pirating going? Are you in Sin now?

It's fun! Definitely a lot less cash flow though so I set my alt up to run packs. I'm in Sin, was in Salty Sea Men before all the guilds merged. They're a good bunch, we get up to shenanigans on the daily (fishing raids, Freedich, Serpentis and dungeons). There's only one pirate that is against faction right now, but we think he's going to leave as soon as he gets his title.

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.
I'm running a guild on Vengeance East called Volun. Any goons interested let me know in game name is Jerk. Accepting all levels. We're mostly a naval combat focused/pvp/merchant guild. Not trying to dominate the server so just having fun.

Nicholarse
Jan 25, 2017

Primaris posted:

I'm running a guild on Vengeance East called Volun. Any goons interested let me know in game name is Jerk. Accepting all levels. We're mostly a naval combat focused/pvp/merchant guild. Not trying to dominate the server so just having fun.

This sounds fun! I have been tossing around trying this game out again. I tried it when it first came out and the queues were just way too long and the game seemed like it kind of failed as far as owning territory went and the super limiting labor system for free to play dudes. I'll install the game today and shoot you a message.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Would anyone mind giving me an idea of what the easiest starter race/class would be? I chose warborn mage, just to get an idea of what this game is. Seems ok so far, but have no idea what skills to pick, or if melee was a better starter class.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

HotBobaloo posted:

Would anyone mind giving me an idea of what the easiest starter race/class would be? I chose warborn mage, just to get an idea of what this game is. Seems ok so far, but have no idea what skills to pick, or if melee was a better starter class.

You can change your class and the 3 skill trees that determine it at any time. That said, for your first leveling you want to stick with the same 3 so that they reach level 55 as you do. I'd probably recommend blighter or abolisher for starters, but if mages are what you enjoy then go mage, it's not like there is a big difference in difficulty, just play style. I play Enigmatist (Sorc/Aura/Shadow) because i love mobilty and being a shield wielding mage, Revenant (Sorc/Aura/Occult) gives up stealth and defense but gains more aoe power. Rev is a very popular large scale pvp spec. Spellsong (Sorc/Song/Aura) gives up some utility from Enigmatist, losing stealth and some mobility, but is the most powerful burst damage for mages.

Race doesn't matter, but you might as well go warborn/dwarf unless one of the other races really appeals to you, since their transformations are really useful.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

My alt is an enigmatist but I can't seem to find a consensus anywhere for 3.0, what weapons should I use?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

A Spider Covets posted:

My alt is an enigmatist but I can't seem to find a consensus anywhere for 3.0, what weapons should I use?

You'll see some people on legacy servers with katanas, but that's because they had really badass katanas before the nerf, so they still roll with them. You can use staff, scepter/shield, or scepter dagger, depending on the playstyle you want. I go scepter/shield because I like the physical defense. Eventually I will make a staff for when I want raw damage or am rolling as a revenant in a large raid. You will see a lot of enigs with staves on fresh start because grinding GHA for the mistsong weapon can give you a staff but not a scepter, and that was the quick way people got good weapons for the short term.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Yeah this seems right. I'm currently scepter/shield because I spec Revenant for raid PvP. Eventually, when I'm in Enigmatist, I'll be rocking the T4 Obsidian dagger than has Magic Attack on it (Sleeper's Point) in my offhand instead of the shield. But my dagger is only at T2 atm. I went shield with my mistsong (instead of staff) and I've been rather happy with that decision.

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
Installing this game right now. Looking forward to diving into an mmo again.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Play the new Conan game. It lets you pick dick size and it has ballsack physics

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I know that the Conan game is the new meme, but I'm not very impressed by the gameplay atm.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Thanks guys.

So is <Goon Squad> on Reckoning any of us, or is it just a coinkydink? They're run by some guy named Jordang on East.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder how many more fresh start server suckers they'll catch. I think they can probably do at least one or two more before it goes dark.

http://www.mmorpg.com/news/updated-layoffs-confirmed-at-perfect-world-and-trion-1000043090

:toot:

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd

DancingShade posted:

I wonder how many more fresh start server suckers they'll catch. I think they can probably do at least one or two more before it goes dark.

http://www.mmorpg.com/news/updated-layoffs-confirmed-at-perfect-world-and-trion-1000043090

:toot:

can confirm. I came back for fresh start servers and paid into the system like a good useful idiot. currently goofing off on Vengeance since Reckoning didn't work out socially.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I havent paid a cent in so far. Not sure how long ill hang around but people are saying the server is dead (i think im on reckoning( but its been more busy than any i was on before....

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
they don't make money when most people paypal chargeback everything anyway

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ok im a potato farmer on the new start server and in order to try extend this game a bit longer someone needs to tell me how to gear up.

(I tried to do 20 mobs in GSM and as soon as i popped through the portal i was told to go fix my gear. The laughing stopped when i said it was fixed and my 1500 gs was what i have.)

Should i be crafting (i like crafting and dont mind farming mats to get poo poo, i just farmed an upgraded thatch, holy gently caress the stone....) the typhoon stuff? (im going leather. I think i like outrider, as a class as i can just keep endless arrows button pressed in any raids and look like im doing something, but then actually use battle rage to kill stuff solo)

Or do i try get my hasla weapon? or do i craft up some obsidian stuff?

How do i get the one handed metal wisps i need for obsidian swords?

Should i get swords? (i dual wield)

Keep in mind ill probably get 0 help with this other than pug groups at best.

but im 55, so dying means nothing.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
First things first, you shouldn't be an outrider. Pick either Archery or Battlerage, not both. If battlerage, then you can play darkrunner if you want to be a bursty assassin, but I generally prefer the defensive tree, so something like a Abolisher, Blighter, Hexblade, etc. Otherwise, you can go archer, which isn't great these days. Primeval if you want to be mobile but squishy (like the darkrunner) or get the defense tree and run something like Stone Arrow or Bastion.

To gear up you're going to need to grind GHA. That will give you a starter leather set, which you can upgrade without having to regrade and it will give you a shot at a unique weapon (any type will do), which you'll regrade to at least celestial, then turn into a mistsong weapon via crafting an Aria's Autograph. After that, you'll need to grind obsidian mats in Golden Ruins to create your first obsidian pieces.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 7, 2017

a digital orc
May 14, 2003

You see, Guragh, they can't fire me for sexual harassment. The crime doesn't fit the punishment! :orks:

Fauxtool posted:

Play the new Conan game. It lets you pick dick size and it has ballsack physics

there's nothing quite as fulfilling in any video game as watching your sack bobbing around as you swim

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the balls are much too bouncy and pendulous, they spent too much time looking at old balls IMO

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Lord and Savior of KarmaFleet
Is this game like a shot ton of fun? Do you all love the gliders? How much pvp are the goons getting into?

I'm downloading.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

nazca posted:

Is this game like a shot ton of fun? Do you all love the gliders? How much pvp are the goons getting into?

I'm downloading.

I like it a lot. There is no real goon presence (the only one I knew in my guild stopped playing because he's in Korea) but some of the pubbie guilds aren't too bad. I recommend playing on Reckoning. If you go east, you can probably join baka immediately upon hitting 55 and move to kys once you hit their gearscore reqs. Gliders are awesome. Trade pack economy is a great idea. Farmville can be fun if you make it fun. PvP is decent, but gear dependent. If you want to faceroll pubbies when solo or in small groups just play Darkrunner.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

CompeAnansi posted:

I like it a lot. There is no real goon presence (the only one I knew in my guild stopped playing because he's in Korea) but some of the pubbie guilds aren't too bad. I recommend playing on Reckoning. If you go east, you can probably join baka immediately upon hitting 55 and move to kys once you hit their gearscore reqs. Gliders are awesome. Trade pack economy is a great idea. Farmville can be fun if you make it fun. PvP is decent, but gear dependent. If you want to faceroll pubbies when solo or in small groups just play Darkrunner.

Sweet. I was very interested in this game back when it was 9000 dollars to play.

Face rolling pubbies is exactly what I want to do. Is there money in it?

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Also, I intend to spend a little money in the store. Right now I want to purchase a glider as I've seen that advice. Is there anything else that will give me an advantage I should think about?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

nazca posted:

Also, I intend to spend a little money in the store. Right now I want to purchase a glider as I've seen that advice. Is there anything else that will give me an advantage I should think about?

Honestly I'd install it on steam and get this package: http://store.steampowered.com/app/553920/

It's $20 and you get a month of patron and a good glider along with some other junk. Since patron is normally $15 per month, you're getting the other stuff pretty cheap. I did that, then uninstalled on steam and went back to the normal version.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

I checked out the steam store looking for items I could just kind of get a la carte. Ended up just taking your advice and getting the pack because that doesn't seem to be a thing.

Thanks!

I'll be going east - because undead. (Don't think they exist yet, but they will. And I will make one.)

CompeAnansi posted:

Would like to play with a goon presence, but I can play with the pubbies. I looked up some videos on Darkrunner - It looks the have a uncanny and over powered burst that the can 100 to 0 some one inside of one CC. Perfect. I'll be running that spec for a while.

Whats the deal with the black pearl? How do I get it and make my life about it?

Edit: I found this http://www.ign.com/wikis/archeage/Black_Pearl It seem's that it's farmable?

nazca fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 24, 2017

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

nazca posted:

I checked out the steam store looking for items I could just kind of get a la carte. Ended up just taking your advice and getting the pack because that doesn't seem to be a thing.

Thanks!

I'll be going east - because undead. (Don't think they exist yet, but they will. And I will make one.)

Would like to play with a goon presence, but I can play with the pubbies. I looked up some videos on Darkrunner - It looks the have a uncanny and over powered burst that the can 100 to 0 some one inside of one CC. Perfect. I'll be running that spec for a while.

Whats the deal with the black pearl? How do I get it and make my life about it?

Edit: I found this http://www.ign.com/wikis/archeage/Black_Pearl It seem's that it's farmable?

There were couple goons in the pirate faction back in Aranzeb, but I haven't log in for a while, so I'm not sure if they are still around. As far as Black Pearl goes, it is possible to farm the blueprint, but it will take a long time and effort, I would rather just test my luck and regrade a normal galleon/component.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

wfwon posted:

There were couple goons in the pirate faction back in Aranzeb, but I haven't log in for a while, so I'm not sure if they are still around. As far as Black Pearl goes, it is possible to farm the blueprint, but it will take a long time and effort, I would rather just test my luck and regrade a normal galleon/component.

I don't really understand the regrad system yet. But, that sounds like a good idea.

Made it to level 15 in my first play session. I'm enjoying it so far. I was afraid I wouldent like your gliders for the same reasons I don't like the flying mounts in World of warcraft. They seem to be restrictive enough that they don't ruin pvp. Im quite happy with them.

For any one else that takes the advice to get that steam pack... Make sure your first character Is the one you want the stuff on. I made a firran first and then decided to go harami. The goodies were sent to the firran, which I deleted. Now it's a nightmare. It's good advice, but it doesn't seem to be integrated with steam well.

Any advice on leveling faster? I'm not very interested in the leveling experience - just want to get to taking other peoples stuff.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just keep moving forward with the leveling path. Quest xp is hella high and the breadcrumb trail is straightforward.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

KirbyKhan posted:

Just keep moving forward with the leveling path. Quest xp is hella high and the breadcrumb trail is straightforward.

That's what I've been doing. Is there an optimal thing to spend my labor points on? Max xp?

Or maybe getting ready to craft dark runner gear?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

nazca posted:

That's what I've been doing. Is there an optimal thing to spend my labor points on? Max xp?

Or maybe getting ready to craft dark runner gear?

Fastest dump of labor points is to go to a house or farm and make tax certs. Ideally you would be spending them in a way to make money, but never let them sit unused at 5k.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

I need more labor! Can't wait till days off again. I've made it to level 41 crafting and questing and poo poo before work. The armor looks like it's going to be very expensive. Has any one tried selling the magnificent armor? Any success? Or maybe just selling the Upgradable illustrious armor? That's what I'm looking into right now for making gold. I'm trying to get into my own illustrious set and then maybe map out how much gold it would cost to make the upgradable illustrious armor and craft that.

I've tried to do trade runs 3 times. Twice I was ganked by greens and once by the Pirate faction. All three times they were in a merchant ship. This was interesting to me as a ship choice. Were they running it just to attract fights? Or maybe because it's the only ship that another merchant ship wouldn't immediately run from and it has a radar?

Havin' plenty of fun though.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

nazca posted:

I've tried to do trade runs 3 times. Twice I was ganked by greens and once by the Pirate faction. All three times they were in a merchant ship. This was interesting to me as a ship choice. Were they running it just to attract fights? Or maybe because it's the only ship that another merchant ship wouldn't immediately run from and it has a radar?

Havin' plenty of fun though.

You got it basically. It is the fastest class of ship that has a radar. Since piracy is focused on the seizure of goods, the extra cannons from the [bigger class] of ship doesn't come into play. It also has the required storage space to ship the freshly stolen cache of goods.

suction
Jul 17, 2009
I've heard you can harpoon a merchant ship out of Ahnimar and Karkasses directly to Gweonid. Is this true? How long does it take? Do you need to equip the ship with special gears? I've tried to do this with my clipper and it's on fire after 5 minutes on land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkMoJo
Nov 19, 2011

Is there any life on Aranzeb? I've been away for a long time and figured it would be worth giving it a shot as F2P to see whats up.

• Locked thread