Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Don't forget, you get a free t-shirt too!!!

Still have mine! I was dumb as hell for doing that.

Great av btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

Still have mine! I was dumb as hell for doing that.

Great av btw

DJExile posted:

late but loving lol at Silly Burrito's av

Thanks!

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 1, 2017

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I used a fake name for my free shirt :cool:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
https://twitter.com/TMcFaddenWNDU/status/825861439063781378

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

It's good (in the ethical sense) to remind people that Notre Dame sucks, regardless of context. How many of you would be more accepting of Trump if every heinous executive order included the preface "It is imperative that we, as a country, not let the fact that the reprehensible Notre Dame football team had a dismal 4-8 record distract us from the creeping terror of brown people/abortion/trade deals/free press"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Notre Dame was actually really, really good last year they just happened to run into 8 amazing teams. It was really bad luck is all.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Notre Dame was actually really, really good last year they just happened to run into 8 amazing teams. It was really bad luck is all.

look at these alt facts right here.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
It's the college football version of "the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the Finals".

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I thought that was "Texas lost to Kansas"

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

kayakyakr posted:

Sounds like the injury wasn't serious. A deepish cut on the chin with a pocket knife.

Needless to say, Boyd is no longer on the team.

And of course, there were apparently two 3* recruits (a CB and a DE) with them that are probably not coming to Tech after that.

Wow. Makes Tuberville peacing out on recruits mid-dinner look mild in terms of public recruitment failure.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Yeah an OL that can't even take a WR has no place on a D1 team.

:lol:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

late but loving lol at Silly Burrito's av

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Rice and Stanford will open next season in Australia.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I'm thinking Tom Herman is really going to deliver in the hyper-intense manchild weirdo department once the spotlight is fully on him. WR recruit Jordan Pouncey:

quote:

On my official visit they brought us all to Dave and Buster’s and Herman was playing someone in the free throw game. Coach Herman won and all of a sudden he was banging on tables and started yelling. It was right in the middle of Dave and Buster’s with kids around

We've also got:

- The kissing

- Son named Maverick

- Other son named Thomas Danger "TD" Herman. He literally named his son touchdown AND danger is his middle name.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

So Mensa just takes anyone, huh?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Rice and Stanford will open next season in Australia.
I'm not sure why, though. Rice is going to get flattened (just like this year), and has a small fanbase that will neither draw a bunch of local alumni nor draw a bunch of traveling alumni. I guess Rice thinks they'll get a chance at name recognition for Australian students in the process of being flattened by a superior football team (and academic institution, for the most part)?

Also this was going to be a Rice home game, so that's one less opportunity for the MOB to make fun of the only other scatter-band school we're likely to play.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Incoherence posted:

I'm not sure why, though. Rice is going to get flattened (just like this year), and has a small fanbase that will neither draw a bunch of local alumni nor draw a bunch of traveling alumni. I guess Rice thinks they'll get a chance at name recognition for Australian students in the process of being flattened by a superior football team (and academic institution, for the most part)?

Also this was going to be a Rice home game, so that's one less opportunity for the MOB to make fun of the only other scatter-band school we're likely to play.

yeah but wasn't there that one time their band owned TA&M by insulting Reveille being dead or something? Rice will always own after that.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Incoherence posted:

Hey, everyone wants those Australian kickers.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

KKKLIP ART posted:

yeah but wasn't there that one time their band owned TA&M by insulting Reveille being dead or something? Rice will always own after that.
The time that angry Aggie fans surrounded the MOB in Rice Stadium was after a show that featured a formation of a fire hydrant (and a joke about Reveille pissing) and goose-stepping. There were no dead dog jokes that year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Incoherence posted:

The time that angry Aggie fans surrounded the MOB in Rice Stadium was after a show that featured a formation of a fire hydrant (and a joke about Reveille pissing) and goose-stepping. There were no dead dog jokes that year.

Yeah but Reveille #whatever had died earlier that week or something right? And they were playing oh where or where has my little dog gone during the fire hydrant thing.

I mean it's still ridiculous and absolutely not worth laying siege to the band's locker room even if it was a dead dog joke, but I can see that being interpreted by idiots as a dead dog joke.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah but Reveille #whatever had died earlier that week or something right? And they were playing oh where or where has my little dog gone during the fire hydrant thing.
That show was in 1973; the Reveille at the time "reigned" from 1966 to 1975. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reveille_(dog)

Also :lol: if you think the MOB had a "locker room" (they were trapped in the tunnel leading into Rice Stadium). The MOB since its inception has been housed in the basement of the student center, the basement of the Central Kitchen (which stopped being the Central Kitchen but continued to be the band hall for some time before the university decided they wanted to use both spaces for something), a basketball court that they only had part-time use of, and only this year did they get an actual purpose-built space (renovated from the old football weight room).

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thermos H Christ posted:

- Other son named Thomas Danger "TD" Herman. He literally named his son touchdown AND danger is his middle name.

Wait... so... he named his son in such a way that his middle name is literally "Danger"?

The gently caress.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Lane Kiffin does not sound well.

https://twitter.com/fau_football/status/825016616240848897

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn ATH Stanton Truitt announced he's going to UNC after declaring his intention to transfer a while ago. I was disappointed when he said he was leaving and I'm gonna call him a sleeper to be a big contributor for UNC. Started the season as a WR who didn't do all that much but then in garbage time of our blowout at Mississippi State, when there was a lack of depth due to Kerryon Johnson's injury, he got some time as an RB and look absolutely explosive. Also did some of that stuff against Arkansas I think, but later when injuries at RB were a problem again it seemed like his obvious potential was being ignored. So that's probably why he left.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

I wonder how many takes that took.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Jesus gently caress he looks terrible. He looks like he has a hangover with the meat sweats. I don't think he could have put any less effort into that either.

I can't imagine being a fan or recruit and seeing that video and being excited about it.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

pillsburysoldier posted:

If you're dumb enough to pay for a Mensa membership, you aren't smart enough to be in Mensa.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Usually such low effort is reserved for head coaches in local car dealership commercials.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

holy poo poo lol

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

kayakyakr posted:

Wait... so... he named his son in such a way that his middle name is literally "Danger"?

The gently caress.

Correct. Think of the narcissism involved in naming your baby [your name] Jr and then also throwing in a twist such that the kid's name is a reference to you being good at your job (TD) and furthermore a fun timely Austin Powers joke for your amusement that the child will have to live with forever. It's like putting one of those novelty mustache finger tattoos on a baby.

And let's not forget he named his other son after Top Gun.

If he has a daughter he'll probably go with something like Manemsa Borat Herman, Mensa for short.

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 31, 2017

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

While the Rice band making fun of us is cool and good this little bit is the best

quote:

The drills became even more complicated as Haney added formations and maneuvers never before seen. The excellence shown on the field belied its heavy dependence on precision. On October 24, 1981 the band suffered a serious misstep during the halftime show at Rice University when four members of a lead element turned early and, before anyone could make a correction, colliding band members ground the drill to a halt. With so many members doing exactly what the person in front of them does with mere inches of clearance, the cascade effect was unrecoverable and the band simply stopped and left the field. Although it was first rumored that the collision was intended to mock the Rice Marching Owl Band, and later that Rice students were using whistles to throw off the band's response to drum major whistle commands, all of the rumors proved to be unsubstantiated. Thereafter the band performed all drills in Houston without whistle commands

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

He's a non sequitur away from sounding like Senor Cardgage

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Henchman of Santa posted:

He's a non sequitur away from sounding like Senor Cardgage

Honestly, homestar runner weirdly works as a metaphor for college football in florida right now.

Strong Bad: Best character known for his outbursts - Jimbo Fisher
Homestar: Naive character who is likable but pales in comparison to everyone else - Jim McElwain
Strong Mad: Powerful character who should be able to kill everyone but holds himself back - Mark Richt
Strong Sad: Smart and creative but depressed from years of bad experiences - Charlie Strong
Coach Z: Inexplicable midwesterner who is apparently very successful and relentlessly positive yet comes from another reality - Scott Frost
Bubs: Most successful man in town but preposterously shady no matter what job he has that day - Butch Davis
Senor Cardgage: Creepy, washed-up neighbor that looks suspiciously familiar - Yeah that's Kiffin

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Howard Schnellenberger is the King of Town in this universe

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That FAU/Kiffin video looks like something released by hostage-takers :stare:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
That Kiffin video is amazing. Is he hungover?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

AsInHowe posted:

That Kiffin video is amazing. Is he hungover?

Probably. Could also be some opioids in the mix. Dark horse candidate would be heroin.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Crosspost from the bad tattoo thread:

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction

KKKLIP ART posted:

Crosspost from the bad tattoo thread:

That's going to look SOOOO GOOOOOOD when all the arm hairs grow back in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Is there some rule that you can't have a terrible tattoo without adding in some egregious spelling errors?

• Locked thread